Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Words left unsaid || Distracting Creamy Lips

distract

Moon
Words Left Unsaid || Bride x Best Man..
It was a beautiful night; an array of stars gathered brilliantly across the timid blue sky, complimented by the moon's magnificent presence. Tyler Williams, a twenty-five year old male rode through the night with a sense of determination. Tonight was the night; not only was tonight one of his best friend's birthday, it was also the same night he would finally declare his love. He clenched the steering wheel tightly as he rode - his nerves had gotten the better of him, tugging violently at his belly. "Yeah Jeremy, I think this is the night -- I'm finally going to tell her how I feel." Tyler uttered softly, he had a blue tooth device at his ear. Jeremy was his long-time best friend; they had grown up together, played sports together, and even went to college together.

"Haha, I'm proud of you, Ty - I just wish you'd tell me who this girl was." Jeremy replied. Tyler merely chuckled softly; it was a very complicated matter. Any other time Tyler would gladly share such information with Jeremy, but there was one small problem. The girl that Tyler was referring to, is the same girl that Jeremy was currently dating. Against contrary belief Tyler felt rather guilty for having such feelings for his best friend's girlfriend, but it just couldn't be helped. "You know I can't do that J, but hey listen - I'm about five minutes away. I'll be there shortly - I don't want to keep the Birthday girl waiting." Tyler replied with a faint chuckle. Jeremy acknowledged it and exchanged formal pleasantries before ending the call.

Tyler exhaled deeply as he continued to drive. "I wonder how she'll react when I tell her." He muttered softly himself, allowing his imagination to run rabid until he finally made his designation. It was 'The Bluemoon' a very popular five-star restaurant that was known for their delicious food and fabulous decor. Tyler took no time at all, parking his vehicle and finally making peace with himself before stepping out of his car. Standing around 6' Tyler had an average height, though it was complimented by his athletic build. He wore a black thermal shirt that hugged his upper body nicely, which could only hint at his firm build. His blueish-grey jeans created a nice offset for his shirt and black high-top basketball styled shoes.

Tyler slid his hands within his pockets, allowing his thumbs to press gently against his jeans from the outside. As he progressed towards the entrance his anxiety increased with every step that he had taken. Despite his preparation, he was extremely nervous and thought solely on what could go wrong. The mere thought left him rather nauseous, needless to say he entered the building. Once inside he allowed his light brown eyes to wander about, taking his surroundings under scrutiny. They had rearranged the restaurant, giving it a more party-etched venue. Jeremy had managed to book the restaurant for the entire night just for the party. Tyler wasn't surprised, Jeremy was always good with words and it also helped that brought home a lawyer salary as well. Needless to say Tyler had entered accordingly, seeming to just blend in with the people inside.

Most of the attendees were friends and family members of the birthday girl. Despite their closeness Tyler didn't really know a lot of her friends, but he was still nicely acquainted to her family members and of course there was also Jeremy. Tyler found a corner to lean against - he was never a fan of crowds and figured it'd be best if he'd just stand around and hope that he'd bump into the birthday girl. He took out his iPhone, and merely played a few games on it. Since he wasn't conversing with the others, he figured he'd occupy himself so he wouldn't look like an awkward moron..

“Happy birthday!" It was probably the hundredth time she had heard that phrase since she woke up that morning. And every time she greeted the person with a smile and a 'thank you'. She had to admit, she didn't really know what the big deal was about birthdays in general. Sure, being alive was a gift and it was nice to celebrate it every once in a while, but it really wasn't necessary to celebrate it with this many people. She would have preferred being with a few close friends laughing in the corner of some casual restaurant. But Jeremy insisted on throwing her a huge party at a nice restaurant. And even more, he booked the entire place just for her and her friends. She argued with him at first, telling him that she would just like something small and that he didn't need to go through all that trouble for her, but he wouldn't have it. Eventually, she just gave up and let him throw the party he wanted.

Maggie Royce turned her head to face her boyfriend as he hung up the phone. Though she had been talking to her friends while Jeremy was on the phone, she did make an effort to listen to every bit of his conversation. She smiled at the thought of Tyler coming tonight. She really didn't get to spend nearly as much time with him as she used to, now that she was dating... someone that wasn't him. And then another thought occurred to her. By hearing Jeremy's half of the conversation, she knew that Tyler had been talking about his mystery girl again. The thought made her wince ever so slightly. But another part of her, a more sensible part, knew that she should be happy for him. She had found someone else and tried her best to move on, and it was good that he had finally found someone for himself. Though, she couldn’t help but wonder who this girl was. What was she like? Did she know her? Had Tyler and her been friends for a long time, or had they just met? If Tyler had known her for a long time that meant Maggie probably knew who she was as well. It would be quite a surprise if Tyler had managed to know somebody that he never once introduced or mentioned to Maggie, considering how long they had known each other.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” she told Jeremy before making her escape. She found the room and quickly went inside. She leaned against the door and breathed a deep sigh of relief. Finally, she was alone. She just needed a minute, one minute away from the crowd, from all the noise. A small smile graced her lips. She loved her friends and enjoyed spending time with them, but she wasn’t one who liked big parties or huge crowds.

She walked over to the sink and decided that washing her face would be a good way to freshen up. Her waist-length black hair soaked up little water droplets near the sides of her face. Her hazel green eyes stared at her own reflection in the mirror, watching as water slid down her cheeks to her chin, and then plop down into the sink. “Happy twenty fifth birthday Maggie,” she mumbled to herself. “I hope it’s a great one.”

Stepping out of the bathroom, she immediately looked around the room, trying to locate Jeremy. Instead, she found the man she had been waiting to see all night. “Tyler!” She practically ran up to him and threw her arms around him in a warm embrace. “I’m glad you could make it.”

Tyler made a few gentle strokes along his phone screen, browsing aimlessly through the internet. It had only been a few minutes since he had arrived and it wasn't long until he heard a sweet and familiar voice utter his name. The edges of his lips lifted slightly, allowing a smile to shape his nimble lips. He immediately lifted his head to meet her gaze, taking notice of her hastened pace. He pushed off the wall and managed to advance a single step prior to the embrace. He folded his arms around her, enjoying the warmth that emitted from her as they briefly held one another. "Make it? I wouldn't miss this for the world." He replied, taking a brief moment to admire her beauty. "You look great -- Happy Birthday Maggie." He uttered calmly, there was an odd sense of sincerity in his tone. 'Great' was an understatement; in his eyes she was purely immaculate. He loved her gorgeous hazel lenses and how they complimented her lustrous hair of raven. No, he wanted to tell her she was the most beautiful woman in world, but no he couldn't do that. It would only complicate things, especially since he had never told her how he felt - though tonight would be different or at least that what he told himself.

At this point Tyler was practically grinning from ear to ear, and it took him a while to realize he was staring. He turned his head slightly, allowing his gaze to hover over the attendees of the party. The entire venue seemed very mature, elegant, and nicely put together. "Jeremy really outdid himself with this one," He paused for a moment, returning his gaze to meet hers once more. "I actually feel kind of lame, considering the places I use to take you." He concluded with a faint chuckle. The places they went weren't bad but they couldn't compare with the Bluemoon. He enjoyed speaking with Maggie; he knew they could talk about absolutely nothing for days, but he knew if he wanted to tell her how he felt - it would be now or never.

Tyler heaved an audible sigh of discomfort, for a moment Tyler had gotten complacent -- it wasn't until he made the reference to their past relationship until he had remembered what he had promised himself. "Hey Maggie, if you're not busy or anything like that, I'd actually like to talk to you about something." He placed an idle hand on the back of his head, rubbing it gently. It was something he had always done self consciously; mostly when he was nervous about something.

He uttered the same phrase she had been hearing all night, yet it meant so much more coming from him. She loosened her embrace just enough so that she could get a good look at him. “Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself.” That, of course, was an understatement. Tyler must have been one of the most attractive guys she had ever known, maybe even the most attractive. Not to mention what a great overall person he was in general. Maggie couldn’t help but smile whenever she was around him. Even during those times that she was so upset and just wanted to be alone, Tyler always had some way of making her feel better. She felt so lucky to have someone like him in her life. The two of them could talk about anything.

She took a look around the room at the mention of Jeremy’s party planning skills. She couldn’t help but agree with Tyler. Even though this gorgeous, classy place wasn’t exactly what she wanted, it was the thought that counted and she really did appreciate how much Jeremy had done for her. She turned to look at him once more and chuckled at his next statement. “Don’t. I absolutely loved everywhere you took me. Honestly, I think the Bluemoon is a little too much for such a small occasion.” She even preferred the places Tyler had taken her over something as exquisite as the Bluemoon. But really, it didn’t matter if they had hung around in an alley or a dumpster. She had always had fun with Tyler, no matter where they were.

She noticed the expression on his face and the way he put his hand behind his head. She knew right away that what he wanted to talk about wasn’t just casual conversation, but something that he was nervous to tell her. She gave him a small, reassuring smile. “Of course. We can talk about anything you want.” Curiosity filled her mind and she wondered what exactly it was that he wanted to say, and she couldn’t help but feel a bit anxious. She racked her brain for any ideas on what it might have been, but came up with absolutely nothing. What could it be? She really had no clue. She just hoped it wasn’t anything bad. Ugh. Even though she had only had a few seconds to think about it, the curiosity was killing her. Oh well. He would tell her soon enough.

Tyler couldn't help but to break into a faint smile upon hearing her positive reference towards their past dating. Of course she wouldn't like a party like this, it lacked intimacy and the personal touch that he knew she was so fond of. Tyler couldn't help but to disagree with her statement; it wasn't just some 'small occasion' that happened everyday, it was her 25th birthday. that alone was important enough in Tyler's eyes. Needless to say Tyler kept to himself, knowing it would be pointless to try to convince her otherwise.

As the conversation continued he noticed his words had made Maggie rather anxious. Despite the reassuring smile she presented - he could tell his words, tone, and even his gestures had left her stricken with curiosity. Tyler had always failed when it came to keeping things from her, even when she didn't push at all. A faint chuckle escaped his lips, allowing his hands to fall at his sides. "It's nothing bad, but it is important." He paused for a moment, taking notice of a few attendee's unintentionally ease dropping on their conversation. "You mind if we take a step outside..?" He inquired, making a hand gesture towards the door.

He took a soft grasp of her hand, before making his way towards the door. Her hands were very soft; smooth and seemed to mesh rather nicely under his grasp. Once again he felt extremely anxious - he finally got his chance to tell her how he felt, or so he thought. Just before they could make it outside they were interrupted by Jeremy. "Ah, there you go Maggie -- Oh and it seems Ty has made it as well." Tyler released Maggie's hand quickly, knowing it would look rather inappropriate for them to be holding hands especially since it was Jeremy's girlfriend. Jeremy shifted his attention on Maggie, reaching out to grasp her hand. "Hey Maggie, I want to make a toast - for your birthday can you come here for a second." Jeremy shifted his attention from Maggie to Tyler: "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" Jeremy uttered sincerely, having no intention to purposely intrude on their conversation.

Tyler merely smiled lightly, shaking his head from side-to-side: "No, of course not." Tyler's gaze hovered over to Maggie, greeting her with a reassuring smile: "Go ahead, I'll just talk to you about it later." He concluded. Jeremy's timing was as awful as ever, but of course it couldn't be help. Then again Tyler honestly didn't seem to mind, he had been waiting for this moment for quite some time. What was five minutes?

Saying that it wasn’t bad but important did reassure her, but only a little. She was still incredibly curious of what it could possibly be. Her curiosity only worsened once he asked her to go outside. So it was something private too. She could’ve guessed that from the beginning, but she hadn’t known that it was so private that he didn’t want anyone else to hear. What could he possibly have to tell her?

The warm feel of his hand on hers surprised her just a little, but she didn’t pull away. She didn’t mind at all, friends could hold hands, right? It’s not like it meant anything; he was just simply leading her to where he wanted to go. And the quicker they got there, the quicker she would find out this important thing that he wanted to tell her. Her curiosity was growing as they neared the door, but her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a familiar voice calling her name. She didn’t need to turn her head to see who it was. She felt Tyler’s hand leave hers and knew that was probably the best idea. Though it hadn’t meant anything, it would likely result in suspicions. It wasn’t long after that she felt a different hand take the place of the one she had been holding earlier. It had a different feel to it – not uncomfortable, but different. She had to suppress a sigh in response to what Jeremy said. Really? Out of all possible times during the night to want to make a toast, he just had to choose right now. “A toast?” She couldn’t help but wonder why. People usually didn’t make toasts for birthdays, did they? Well, at least at her birthdays it hadn’t really happened before. Then again, she hadn’t really had birthdays that were this big before, so maybe it wasn’t that weird after all.

She turned to Tyler, wanting to make sure it was alright with him first. She couldn’t help but be disappointed with his answer. She really wanted to know what he wanted to tell her. She was a very curious person after all, and those curiosities needed to be answered, now. She turned her attention to Jeremy. Oh well. A toast wasn’t going to last that long, was it? Just a few more minutes and they could go back to talking just as they were before. She could wait a few minutes. She gave Tyler a small smile and nodded. “Yeah,” was all she could say. But what she really wanted to say was ‘Tell me now and the toast can wait until later’, but that wouldn’t have been very nice.

Tyler exhaled deeply, allowing his nerves to settle down a bit. Despite Jeremy's fantastic timing; Tyler couldn't help but to be relieved, after all at this point he was only 'winging it'. Perhaps this little toast would buy Tyler enough time to come up with a solid game plan. He didn't really understand the whole 'toasting' for a birthday, but he knew Jeremy was a different kind of guy. Needless to say he didn't look too deep into the matter, it's not like the toast would interfere with what he had to say.

Jeremy led Maggie towards staging area, where a live band would normally play. He made his way towards the microphone, prodding it gently with his idle hand: "Testing, testing." He uttered with a faint chuckle, as his voice carried across the room. Everyone at the party shifted their attention towards the couple as Jeremy begun to speak: "If I could get everyone's attention please." He paused for a moment, allowing his gaze to hover over the crowd before he begun. "As you all know this is Maggie and it's her 25th birthday." He started, the crowd reacted appropriately applauding to his words. "And also as you know, Maggie and I have been dating for roughly two years now." Jeremy constantly shifted his attention from Maggie towards the crowd as he spoke, taking notice to a few anxious attendees as he continued. "Well thanks to a good friend of mine, I realized something - if you love someone you shouldn't hide it, instead you should let them know." Jeremy made a hand gesture towards Tyler: "My good friend Ty has had this mystery crush for quite some time and decided that tonight he'd let her know."

Tyler immediately perked into attention, finding it rather odd that he was part of the toast. Not only did he tell Jeremy in confidentiality, he thought it was rather personal. Come to think of it - he began to grow a tad bit nervous by this whole ordeal. Just what in the world was Jeremy up to? For a brief moment all eyes shifted towards Tyler with the mention of his name; he made a saluting like gesture with his hands. "Well in any case, his bravery has encouraged me to act as well." Jeremy continued, releasing Maggie's hand to reach in his pocket. He shuffled through his pocket for a bit, allowing the edges of his fingers to brush against a clothed box in his pocket. Before dropping down to one knee, Jeremy uttered six very simple words. "Maggie Royce, will you marry me?" The crowd's chatter lifted momentarily, then immediately silenced in away of Maggie's answer. Everyone seemed excited with the proposal, all except one; Tyler. The moment Jeremy reached in his pocket, Tyler immediately felt that oh-so-ominous force tugging at his chest. He remained silent; his profile seemed devoid of emotion, at this point he couldn't even play it off. The mere anticipation made his legs weak, but he was powerless - the only thing he could do now was wait..

Maggie followed Jeremy to the stage without question, though she did find it a bit weird. Was it really necessary for them to go up on stage for a small toast? And even more, to use a microphone? She would’ve rather just done it from some corner in the room. But she didn’t protest; she just let Jeremy do his thing. It would be over soon enough anyway.

She looked down at the crowd and noticed that pretty much everyone was staring at her and Jeremy. She suddenly felt self conscious and immediately looked away and faced her boyfriend instead. Jeremy’s speech was making no sense to her. He had said earlier that he wanted to make a toast for her birthday, and though he started off with that, now he was talking about their relationship. Then he even brought Tyler and his mystery girl into it. What in the world was he getting at? All this stuff about love and not hiding it; what did it have to do with anything? She glanced over to Tyler at the mention of his name, examining his expression to try and find a clue to what Jeremy was trying to say. Tyler looked just as confused as she was and it made her even more nervous. She turned her attention back to the man next to her as he continued to speak. Her heart began to race as soon as he reached into his pocket. Was he…? No, he couldn’t be. But he was. Hearing those six simple words made her heart stop, her eyes widen and her jaw drop. A surprised gasp escaped her lips and her hand rose to cover her mouth in disbelief. Was she hallucinating? Did Jeremy just ask her to marry him? As in, be his wife? Well, what else could ‘marry me’ mean? But he couldn’t be. Then again, even if she did just imagine those words come out of his mouth, there wasn’t much else he would be asking from bending on one knee in front of her.

She could feel everyone’s eyes on her, but she didn’t care about that anymore. Her mind crowded with a million thoughts. What could she say? What should she say? She hadn’t thought about marriage in a long time, especially not after dating someone for two years. Sure, two years was a long time, but it wasn’t the longest relationship she had ever had. Still, it wasn’t exactly too soon, but it was a surprise. Should she say yes? Maybe? I need some time to think about it? But people didn’t usually think about marriage proposals, did they? She was just thinking too much. She needed to say the answer she felt was what she wanted. But did she even know what she wanted?

It was amazing how many thoughts could pass through her mind in the time span of only a few seconds. In all actuality, it didn’t take her too long to respond, though in her mind it seemed like this moment was lasting forever. She quickly nodded her head in response to Jeremy’s question, giving him the answer she thought was right. “Yes,” she blurted out.

(Sorry for the delay and I soooo forgot to even show the rock )

Tyler watched Maggie intently, observing her expression carefully. She seemed confused and startled by the whole ordeal, but what would her answer be. His breathing intensified, finding himself in a light pant. The suspense was killing him - at this point he didn't know what to think. Moments passed after the proposal and Jeremy watched her intently with the ring presented on the palm of his hand. Once she answered Jeremy grinned brightly, removing the jewel from the tiny clothed box and sliding the ringer on her finger. He stood and turned to the crowd in a triumphant manner. "She said yes." The crowed erupted in joy with the news. Tyler sighed softly, despite the very unfortunate news he couldn't help but to break into a faint smile. It was ironic really, his constant talk of this 'dream girl' actually encouraged Jeremy to propose. He shrugged, turning his head to the side to glance at the exit. He wanted to leave immediately to just go home and sleep it off as if none of this happened.

"Oh well..." He shrugged softly - his voice flowed with an immense wave of defeat. Any under circumstances he would be thrilled that Jeremy found someone for him, he just wished it wasn't 'his' girl. Needless to say there was nothing he could do - what was done, was done. Tyler advanced towards the door, yet once again his actions were halted by that familiar voice. "Hey Ty, I did it!" He exclaimed, extending his hand out for Tyler to shake. Tyler turned to face him; a forced smile shaped his nimble lips, but of course he shook his hand. It was something a real friend would do: "Congrats, bud." Tyler uttered calmly, from the outside looking in he looked calm and at ease. "You weren't leaving just now were you?" Jeremy inquired, noticing how close Tyler was to the exit -- "Have you even talked to that girl yet?" Jeremy concluded. Tyler simply stared at Jeremy; he wanted to punch him in the face for being so clueless, but there was no one to blame but himself.

Tyler had his head down slightly, he couldn't look Jeremy in the eye right now. To be honest he wasn't even sure if Maggie was even there or not. "I'm just going to get some fresh air, I'll be back." He finally replied, taking the brief moment to step outside. Tyler really had no intention of entertaining the 'mystery girl' subject so he simply avoided it altogether.

She couldn’t help but stare at the ring as it was placed on her finger. It felt weird at best, like someone had just attached a new limb to her body, though the ring weighed close to nothing. As soon as she stepped off the stage, she was crowded by a group of her closest girl friends, all giving her hugs and congratulations. They bombarded her with questions as they examined the ring. They were more giddy and excited than she was and she couldn’t help but smile, trying her best to answer all their questions. Honestly, she didn’t understand what had just happened much better than they did. It had come as a complete surprise to her, and she was still in a bit of a state of shock. She hadn’t been expecting it at all. She didn’t even know Jeremy had been thinking about marriage, nonetheless had bought a ring and actually decided to propose to her. She still couldn’t believe it. Did she really just get engaged? It was all happening too quickly for her to make sense of any of it.

She glanced over at the rest of the crowd as her friends continued to chatter around her. Everyone seemed pretty thrilled with what had just happened; the room seemed even louder than it had been before the proposal. She caught sight of Jeremy and Tyler and couldn’t help but smile. Jeremy seemed pretty happy right now and she was glad that she was the one who made him feel that way. She watched as the two of them talked, then to her surprise Tyler left the building and couldn’t help but wonder why. Was he leaving the party and going home already? No, he couldn’t leave. He just got there.

“I’ll be right back,” Maggie told her friends before hurrying out of the room. Once she was outside, she looked around for where he might be and it wasn’t long before she found him. “Hey, Tyler?” she called as she walked up to him. “Is everything alright?” She really hoped that everything was fine and that he would stay with her. He was one of her closest friends and she really wanted to share this moment with him. She didn’t know why he would want to go home anyway. He hadn’t even been there for that long, he couldn’t possibly have to leave already. And even if he didn’t want to stay for her birthday, she thought he should at least stay for Jeremy’s sake. His best friend had just gotten engaged; shouldn’t he stay with him and celebrate?

Tyler looked over his shoulder, shifting his attention on Maggie as she made her way towards him. He had hoped to make a sly retreat, but of course things were never that easy. Needless to say Jeremy and Maggie were his closest friends and it would be horribly wrong if he didn't at least act like he was happy for them. "Oh yeah, everything is fine Maggie. Sorry if I had you worried." He replied in a sincere manner. It was never his intention to bring either of them down with his own selfishness. He flashed her a faint smile at her before fully turning to face her. He folded his arms across his chest, taking a brief moment to examine the ring around her finger. "Congrats on the engagement thing." He concluded.

Tyler didn't know what to think, this whole ordeal seemed surreal and way beyond his comprehension. From a friend's standpoint he was happy that Maggie was able to move on after their break up. "So I guess I should start calling you Mrs. Anderson now, huh?." (Most def just threw up a last name). He uttered with a joking intent of course. He unfolded his arms and slid his hands within the warmth of his pockets. "Maybe you should get back inside, it's a little cold out here." It wasn't entirely too cold , but he just wasn't ready to confront Maggie.

Maggie smiled as he turned to face her. “Thanks,” she mumbled, subconsciously fidgeting with the ring on her finger. Something didn’t feel right to her. True, Tyler didn’t look visibly upset by everything that just happened. It was just… she had always just expected that he would be excited and happy when the time came for her to get engaged, whenever that time would come, at least happier than he was now.

She chuckled at his attempt at a joke. “I guess so.” That name sounded foreign to her, like it was meant for Jeremy’s mom and not for her. She was sure that if anyone tried calling her that this early, it would take her a while to respond and realize that they were actually talking to her. She still hadn’t completely wrapped her head around the entire situation. It was weird how so much had changed in her life in such a short period of time, yet she as a person wasn’t any different than she had been ten minutes ago.

She knew that Tyler was probably right. She should probably go back inside and be with her boyfriend - uh fiancé – right now. “In a bit,” she told him with a smile. She still had something she wanted to talk to him about first. With all the commotion with the engagement and everything, she had almost completely forgotten about it. “Hey, Ty?” she started. She wondered if it was still on his mind as well, or if he had completely forgotten about it. “Before Jeremy interrupted us earlier, you told me you had something important to tell me. What is it?”

Tyler withdrew an idle hand from his pocket, placing it on the back of his head as they stood there. His anxious habit had kicked in yet again, but it was an entirely different 'ball game' at this point. If he thought it was difficult to spill the beans then, now he had the potential of being a home wrecker. "Oh yeah, about that." He started, allowing his hand to brush along the side of his head - his nervous habit only intensified as the time progressed. "You shouldn't bother yourself with that." He added with a faint chuckle. Why couldn't she have just forgotten about it?

He exhaled deeply, relieving his hand to his side. A few thoughts roamed through his head; most pertaining to the idea of a loss of friendship, but the more he thought about it - the more hesitant he became. Although he really didn't want to tell her, he knew his constant fidgeting gave him away. He eventually cracked: "Actually, you know what.." Chocolate hued lenses lifted slightly to meet her hazel eyed-gaze: "Don't hate me for this but," Before he could conclude his statement he emitted a disgusted grunt; it would be so easy for him tell her how he felt, but in doing so - it would leave Maggie in an awful situation.

"I think it would be best if we didn't talk to each other anymore." He paused for a moment, shaking his head for a moment before concluding with: "I still haven't gotten over you - I wish I did, but I haven't." It wasn't exactly what he had planned, but considering the possible alternatives perhaps it would be in their best interest. He wasn't too concerned with Maggie telling Jeremy his confession, but it didn't make anything any easier. At this point Tyler was ready to leave, but of course he figured Maggie probably had some questions and she deserved to have them answered.

Maggie frowned at the first thing Tyler said. She didn’t want to forget about it, she wanted him to tell her. And she could tell by how nervous he was that it was probably best if he told her anyway. It seemed like it was something that he should get off his chest and keeping it to himself would help no one. Plus he had told her earlier that it was something important, and if it really was that important then it shouldn’t be left unsaid. But if he really didn’t want to tell her then there was nothing she could do; she wasn’t going to force it out of him, no matter how badly she wanted to know.

Her eyes lit up with curiosity when he changed his mind. Was he going to tell her? Good, she wanted to hear whatever it was. But as he continued speaking she grew more and more nervous. What did he mean ‘Don’t hate me for this’? Was what he wanted to tell her really that bad? She could never hate him. She couldn’t think of a single thing that he could ever do that would make her really and truly hate him. Her heart sunk when he told her that they shouldn’t talk anymore. No, that was definitely not what she wanted and there was no good reason for them to do that. Though she wasn’t left wondering why for long, because he concluded the statement with his explanation – he still had feelings for her.

Maggie’s mind spun, a mixture of emotions clouding her thoughts. But there was no possible way for her to express all those emotions at once and so only one came out – anger. “Asshole! You’ve been lying to me all this time. All this time and you never told me? I can’t believe you! Why didn’t you tell me this sooner? How could you just stand there and lie to me over and over again? Pretend that you’re over me, act like you’re happy that I’m with Jeremy? I trusted you. I thought you were my friend. I thought you were someone who I could believe in, someone who would tell me something this important and big and wouldn’t lie to me for two years and suddenly tell me the truth when it’s too late.” She turned away from him. She wasn’t thinking clearly; all she could think about was how mad she was and how much she just didn’t want to see his face right now. “I think you should leave.”

Back
Top Bottom