Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

L.A. EYES ( Katy & Crimson )

RE: LA EYE'S ( Case of the Innocent Murderer ) ( Katy & Crimson )

Mike let out a huge groan when Sam's cunt muscles gripped around his thrusting cock like a fist. It was so fucking tight now.....tighter that Samantha was before. " Oh God!!! " Mike cried out as his climax had hit with great force. His body jerked hard and with each jerk of his body a jet of hot....sticky cum fired into Samantha's wanting pussy. " Oh Sammy.....Oh Sammy! " Mike called out the nickname he always used for Samantha as more flowed into her body until his softening cock dropped from Sam's pussy.

Nina too had reached her orgasm just moments after Mike had started. She rode Sam's face hard get every bit of enjoyment and making sure Sam got a good tasted of Nina's cum. Mike had dropped down on the floor between Sam's still open legs while Nina who's body was still shaking from her orgasm moved from Sam's face then laid down next too her. " My God Sam.....you were wonderful......you did so well for your first time. " Nina said as she started fanning herself with her hand...she was impressed with Sam and how she played along.

As Mike withdrew and as Nina climbed off of Samantha and laid down next to her, Samantha could do nothing. She lay fat on her back across the table like a rag doll, soaked in sweat and cum, breathing hard. She closed her eyes struggling to om to terms with the last hour. She would have been kidding herself if she denied feeling guilty... She did. But not enough to regret any of it.

She couldn't say that, at least as far as Nina was concerned, that it had been better that she could have imagined... She had never given a first or a second thought to anything sexual with Nina. But Mike. Mike was professional and intelligent and a damn good cop... not that she would EVER tell him that. And they almost always seemed to argue with him always finding as many opportunities as possible to tease her over anything and everything. In her fantasies, when she was in the shower or tucked up in bed... When she thought of being with Mike, it was never as good as this had been. And between the pair of them... Yes, she definitely did not regret it. And she could already feel the beginning of a want for the next time... But now they had to go on with their normal lives and working relationships. And Samantha wasn't sure how she did that.

Mike moved over to where a chair was in front of Samantha's desk....he sat down still breathing somewhat heavy but he couldn't help but laugh. " That was amazing......I never knew you too were so........ahhhh.....close. " Mike said as he leaned back into the chair smiling from ear to ear. Nina chuckled as she rolled over onto her stomach looking at Mike. " This was our first time. " Nina said while grinning.....she reached over with her left hand and started rubbing Samantha's leg. " Sam was a little stressed and I thought she needed to relax a little......so I messaged her and it went from there. " Nina added then looked over at Sam who was still laying on the desk " I've always wanted to sleep with Sam.......she has such a hot little body......I just couldn't resists. " Nina admitted while her hand continued to gently rub up & down over Sam's thigh.

Mike sat there listening to Nina tell what happened between her & Sam. If he hadn't seen this with his own eyes mike would never have believed that these two hot women fucked each other. " You feeling okay Sammy? " Mike asked as he stood up from the chair then moved over to the desk...he then leaned down too see if Samantha was alive.

Samantha opened her eyes and turned her head to look at Nina as she spoke to Mike. She smiled and blushed as Nina talked about her, although she was probably too flushed for anyone to notice. Nina's fingers still felt so good on her skin, gentle, tender, stimulating her skin as they trailed aimlessly over her thigh. She saw Nina look down at her and smile, then Nina lowered her head and kissed Samantha softly on the mouth, tasting her own cum still on Samantha's lips. The she pulled up and eased off the table.

Samantha took a few more moments and before she could rise, Mike was towering over her. She smiled. Nodded. Samantha pushed herself up onto one elbow and lifted her hand to Mike's chest. She felt the dampness of the perspiration from his efforts. "I'm ... Fine" She lifted her head a litte higher and kissed Mike, easing herself up to a seating position as she did so, such that she was sat of the table with Mike stood directly in front of her. "Shame we have to go back to work..." she kept kissing him softly, punctuating her words, her hands now resting on his hips. "... But I guess we all have a job to do - and someone from the station house is going to be missing you soon if they haven't already."

While Samantha moving in front of Mike where she where she was sitting on the edge of her desk....Nina grabbed her clothes then dressed quickly. She went out to the outer office where she grabbed a hand mirror from her bag then checked her make up and hair. Mike wrapped Samantha in his arms as they kissed each other....her body was almost touching his. " It is same......a damn same. " Mike replied as the short.....soft kisses continued. " I could spend all day like this.......here with you Sammy....or somewhere much more comfortable. " Mike said as a boyish grin slipped over his face...even thought they fought like cats & dogs.....Mike knew that Samantha was a special woman and he wanted to see more of her.

" Maybe we can get together and have dinner? " Mike asked as his eyes seemed too dance around while he looked over every inch of Sam's pretty face. " You know before Nina's party on Friday night.....you always know how to reach me. " Mike added just as the phone rang which Nina answered out at her desk. Nina then ducked her head into Samantha's office. " Sorry to break this up.......but Mike that was Sergeant Warren on the phone......the DA wasn't too see you down town. " Nina said then she slowly closed the door leaving Mike & Sam alone for a few more minutes. " Looks like I really do have too go. " Mike said then he leaned in kissing Samantha fully on her lips...his hands caressing over the bare skin on her back. Then he slowly pulled back from the kissing giving Sam a smile....he grabbed his clothes and started too dress.

Samantha smiled and moaned as she kissed Mike back. She edged a little closer to him and wrapped her arms loosely around his waist. "I think Id like that, Lieutenant. Very much. Both spending the day... comfortable... and dinner." She heard the phone ring outside and as Nina opened the door a few seconds later, they both turned their heads to look at her, but other than that didn't move until the door was closed again. Samanatha kissed him back one last time and watched him move back to his clothes.

"What do you think the DA wants? Do you think its about Willey?" Suddenly Samantha switched into professional mode despite the fact that she was naked and soaked in cum. "You are going to let him go arent you?... Mike?" He looked at her, smiling smugly, as he buttoned his shirt and tucked it into his pants. "Oh come on. You cant seriously be planning on keeping him locked up." Samantha started pulling her clothes on clearly starting to get a little annoyed. She wasnt stupid though; she knew she was expecting a lot in asking Mike what was going on with the police's case when she was effectively on the opposing side and so the annoyance was a little fake really.

As Mike pulled on his jacket, he walked back to Samantha who was buttoning her blouse and slipping her feet into her heels. He took hold of her chin, firmly but not roughly and kissed her hard. He could still taste Nina on her lips. When he pulled back he looked at her for a moment, released her chin and gently tapped the side of her cheek. "Nice try Counsellor, but just because you were a dirty little slut for me Sammy doesn't mean Im going to tell you what you want to know about MY case." He smiled at her, kissed her again quickly and then walked away.

"You can't blame me for trying." she called out after him. As the door closed behind him, she was already missing him... and her mind started to wonder a little about exactly what Nina might have planned for Friday night. She finished getting dressed, picked up her bag, and stepped out into the main office. Nina was stood at a cabinet behind her desk, looking perfect, as if nothing had happened.

"I'm going to go and see Willey's mother. Let her know..." Samantha said.

Nina looked back when Samantha said she would be going to see Willy's mother and to let her know. " Sure thing Sam. " Nina replied as she closed the drawer to the filing cabinet then slipped in behind her desk picking up her phone while looking through the list of numbers for Mrs. Miles.

Mathew pulled into the parking lot of Hollywood High School....it was closed for the summer but since their baseball team was fighting for a championship....the first in more then 10 years...Mathew knew that the players would be here. Eric was on this team....in fact he was the star pitcher and a damn good hitter at the plate....that is until he was killed. Mathew sat in the bleachers watching the boys practice....over time he talked with them when the chance came up and what they had too say was odd. Each player told Mathew that Eric quit the team just days before he was murdered and one boy....Ben Turner who looked very distressed said that not only did Eric quit the team but that he was pissed about something...or at someone. Ben also said that Eric and the other two who were also murdered that night hardly knew each other....they went to the same school but didn't hangout together.

Ben was scared off when the team's baseball coach came up yelling at him to stop bullshiting and get back to practice. With Ben leaving quickly Coach Gary Parker stood with his arms folded over his chest right in front of Mathew. " Look Mr. Knight the police have their killer.....it was in the papers.....stop wasting my player's time with your snooping! " Coach Parker growled out at Mathew....who just chuckled at how this man was trying to intimidate him. " Willy Miles didn't kill those kids.....but I'll find the real killer....it's only a matter of time. " Mathew said with a smile on his face then he turned and started walking away only to stop then look back at Coach Parker. " Oh and Coach Parker......you'll have do better if you want to intimidate me. " Mathew said as he slipped his hands into his pants pockets then walked away towards the parking lot. What Mathew got from Ben and the other players made him think that he was on the right track and his gut was telling him the killer was close.

Mathew climbed back into his car then drove off....his next stop was to find someone who saw Willy during the murders. Mathew knew that if he could find someone who saw...or was with Willy during the time of the murders that would give Willy an alibi. From the police reports Willy was living in an apartment down town just above a liquor store. A short time later Mathew pulled up near the liquor store....but he went into a bar just down the street first so he could call Sergeant Warren. Mathew asked him to check on the back ground of Gary Parker and send whatever he finds over too Nina.

Samantha sat at the dining room table as Mrs Miles poured some tea. The house was small but tidy. It was clear that the family had never had much money but equally clear was the fact that Mrs Miles was a proud woman who kept a good house and a good home for both herself and for her son whilst he was growing up. He hadn't lived there since shortly after his return from the Pacific. Samantha looked up at her and smiled.

"Thank you Mrs Miles but you really didn't have to go to so much trouble on my account."

"Its no trouble Miss..." She smiled back and then disappeared into the kitchen, reemerging a few moments later with a fruit cake which she placed on the table before slicing it. She placed one sliced piece on a small tea-plate and handed it to Samantha. "Really Mrs. Miles. I do think it is a considerable amount of trouble. I've never been anywhere before where I have been offered proper tea... in a proper cup. And cake too. Thank you." Samantha then spent twenty minutes letting the woman know that she was pretty sure there was enough evidence to show why Willy would have confessed when he didn't do it.

"And... an associate of mine... a very fine investigator... very probably the best in the City, although please don't tell him I said that, is looking to find the real killer as we speak. Im sure that within a few days, even the police will realize that they have the wrong man in custody. Im sure Willy will be home very soon." As she was sitting there she had an idea.

"Mrs. Miles. Would you mind if I went and had a look around Willy's apartment. There might be something there which will show that he couldn't possibly have been at the site of the murder when they say he was." Mrs Miles agreed and fished her key for his apartment out of her handbag.

After a couple of hundred 'thank you's' and the offer of more tea and cake which Samantha politely declined, she left the Miles' household to head for Willy's. She parked up at the back of the property and went in through the rear door, climbing up to the second floor and letting herself into the apartment.

While in the bar and after his phone call to Sergeant Warren...Mathew questioned the bartender who told him that Willy was in the bar the night of the murders. The bartender said that Willy was with another man who's name was Elroy Banks and they both lived in the apartments above the liquor store just up the street. Mathew wrote down what the bartender said.....he also took down his name & address since Samantha would be speaking with him.

Mathew left the bar.....he walked up the street stopping at the liquor store since the bartender said that the man who owned the liquor store also owned the apartments above. Mathew spoke with the man for a few minutes...he was told that Willy came into the liquor store at 10:20 pm Friday night. This was just after Garret Jones the owner of the liquor store was Willy & Elroy cross in front of the store front and head upstairs to the apartments. Garret pointed out too Mathew that you could hear when someone was walking up the stairs to the apartments from inside the store. Garret added that Willy bought a bottle of cheap wine then headed back up stairs.

Garret asked his wife to watch the store while he & Mathew went upstairs to Willy's apartment. Garret pointed out Elroy's apartment which was next door to Willy's then Garret using his master key opened the door and found a very well dressed woman inside. " Can I help you Miss? " Garret said with confusion in his voice then Mathew stepped around him looking into the apartment. " Garret Jones.......meet my partner and Willy's attorney Samantha Bishop. " Mathew said with a grin on his face as he crossed his arms over his chest looking a bit smug at seeing Sam.

The apartment was tidy but that was about as good a thing as you could say about it. Clean might have been stretching things. The bed looked clean though, well made ... Army training Samantha thought to herself and it was warm. And you couldn't deny that there was a certain attraction about living above a liquor store, particularly if you spent a lot of your day trying to block the real world out.

Then Samantha heard the key in the lock. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her Smith and Wesson .38 special. She turned around and aimed the gun at the door just as it was opened. Seeing Matt, she blew out the breath she had been holding and brought the gun back down. She looked at both men for a moment, watched the smug grin appear on Matt's face and as she put the gun back in her pocket she cringed a little. He had never been too happy about her having a hand gun. But he saw it as her choice. Lieutenant Mike Grant on the other hand had made it more than clear that in his view she 'had no business carrying a firearm around unless and until she damn well knew how to use it' and that as she was more likely to hit anything other than what she was aiming it, the only safe place to be when she was pointing it somewhere was right behind her.

"What are you doing here Matt?"

Mathew slowly entered the apartment looking around as he moved closer to where Samantha was standing. " Well while I was out looking for the killer I thought that I should also start working on finding an alibi for Willy. " Mathew said as he reached into his pocket pulling out his note pad then after ripping off a couple sheets of paper he handed them to Sam. " This is everything that Mr. Jones told me and long with the bartender who works in the bar just down the street......they both place Willy in this area of town at the time of the murders.....there is also a man named Elroy Banks who was with Willy during the time of the murders.....he lives in the next apartment. " Mathew again had that charming but very smug look on his face as he spoke too Samantha.

Garret stood just looking around the room.....but he really couldn't keep his eyes off of Samantha. He had never heard of a female private Detective before...but he had heard that woman opened a law office in town...he just didn't know until now who she was. " Ahhhmmmm......Miss.....ahhh....Bishop.......I'd be happy too help you free Willy.......he's a good guy and not someone who goes around killing people. " Garret said as he was a little nervous since Samantha was so beautiful.....not what he expected from a female PI. " We can go over too Elroy's apartment........he should be there since I haven't heard him leave. " Garret added as he shuffled the keys in his hands looking for the one that went too teh next apartment.

Samantha looked down at the piece of paper. Smiled a little and then looked back up.
"And I suppose you want me to go and talk to Mr. Banks?" Matt just continued to look smugly at her. Samantha nodded. "When we're through here, you're going to have to remind me when it was that I started working for you."

At that moment, Garret spoke up. "I know that Willy didn't kill anyway... and Im sure he is a good guy." She cast a quick glance at Matt who simply stared back at her. "I would be very grateful for the assistance Mr Jones. Lead the way." She watched as Garret smiled, turned and headed to the door and then began to follow. At the door, she looked back at Matt.

"Are you going to wait here or...?"

Mathew had never planned on Samantha talking with Elroy Banks alone....in fact he was going to join her. Garret lead the way out into the hallway followed by Sam then by Mathew. Garret using his master key opened the apartment door after knocking first. There were many empty wine bottles sitting around and Elroy was laying passed out on the couch. Elroy Banks like Willy severed in the army.....they had been in the same company together during the war and since they were both from Los Angeles they become good friends. Mathew walked over to where Elroy was laying....he looked down on his him shaking his head. " Well if we're gonna get anything out of Mr. Banks we had better wake him up. " Mathew said as he started looking around the apartment then saw what he wanted.

Mathew walked over to the other side of the room where a bucket was sitting. He reached down picking the bucket then then moved over to the sink where he filled the bucket with cold water. As Mathew came back over to where Elroy was on the couch he looked at Samantha giving her a somewhat devilish smile then tossed the cold water all over Elroy who fall from the couch and started swearing. " GOD DAMN IT....WHAT HELL IS GONE ON HERE!!! " Elroy yelled out as Mathew dropped the bucket....Elroy was shocked too see this man & a woman standing in his places. " Just who the hell are you people!? " Elroy said as he was still very hung over from a long bender he was on since Friday night with Willy.

Samantha looked around. Definitely not as well looked after Willy's place. Suddenly she became aware of what Matt was doing.

"Erm... Matt... you don't need... Matt. You could just... " She winced as the cold water soaked Elroy's head and shoulders and part of his chest. Splashes had finished up on his thighs. And of course the couch was now soaking wet too. That was a bill that Matt could cover on his own she thought to herself.

"Subtle Matt... real subtle." She looked at him exasperated and shook her head a little. Even awake, she wasn't sure that this was going to get them any results. The man still looked three parts cut and a gallon of coffee would probably had more effect on him that the cold bucket of water. She also couldn't help thinking that the DA was going to tear Elroy's evidence to pieces if this ever got to court. No Sir, Elroy was not going to make a reliable witness as far as a jury was concerned.

Mathew knelt down looking at Elroy....he looked back over at Samantha seeing that same look on her face...that look of disappointment...that he had seen before. He knew that what she was worried about but Elroy was just one piece of the puzzle that would free Willy. The bartender & Garret Jones both placed Willy here in this part of town during the murders...so unless Willy had superhuman speed he couldn't get too the park area which was miles away....kill those kids and return. The police report even stated that Willy didn't have car.....nor a drivers license....this plus those who seen Willy here and what was in Willy's files should give Samantha enough to get Willy sprung from jail. Mathew spoke with Elroy while Garret fixed some coffee then brought it over to him in a cup. Mathew explained who he & Sam was and why they were here then he asked Elroy questions about Friday night.

Even thought he had been drinking Elroy said that both he & Willy had been at the bar just down the street then after they came up here to his place Willy went downstairs and got a bottle of wine then came right back up. They sat around talking about the war and life....just a couple of guys hanging out and having a drink. Mathew slowly rose to his feet....he looked over at Samantha then walked over pulling her away from the others so they could talk in private. " Are you gonna tell me now that you can't get Willy out of jail.....the DA isn't gonna waste money on a case that he can't win.......not when the real killer is still on the streets. " Mathew said in a low voice as he looked at Samantha....surely she had more then enough evidence by now to cast more then just a little doubt on what Willy had said before he got wise and admitted that he didn't do the killings.

Samantha stared at Matt for a few seconds.

"Hey. Im not the one that needs convincing so will you please stop treating me like the enemy." She spoke to him in a loud whisper and then shook her head a little. She took a breath. "I can take what we have to Grant. With any luck, he'll back me up with the DA. But Matt, I can't make them let him go. I can make the argument; I cant force them to recognize it as the truth. So... Im gonna go now.... find our... fearless Lieutenant."

She turned around and walked out of the apartment, back to her car and then headed to the station house. Mike had to be able to make a rationale assessment of the evidence. He had to see that all the police had was Willy's confession; a confessions from someone who was somewhat unbalanced and was someone who thought that being in an institution would make him feel safe. Against that there were plenty of witnesses all willing to say that Willy couldn't have done it. Mike just had to see that his case had just melted away.

Mathew knew that Samantha wasn't the enemy and he wanted too tell her that....but she left before he could say so or even tell her that he was sorry. Before leaving Elroy's apartment he gave both men his card then said that they maybe called upon if Samantha needed them. Mathew walked out of the apartment building then to his car....he got in then drove off. He looked at his watch seeing that it was just about 4 pm.....almost tea time. This was a little joke that Mathew used since Sam was English and for him this meant a scotch and a burger at Tony's bar which wasn't far from where the office was that he shared with Samantha. Nina always joked that Tony's was Mathew's second office since he hung out there.

Mathew pulled up out front then went inside.....he sat down at the bar then ordered his usual. Tony brought over the scotch then went back into the kitchen to place the order of Mathew's burger. Mathew knew that he had been riding Samantha too hard and it wasn't the riding that he really wanted too do with her. He sipped his scotch while thinking about how hot Samantha really was and he wondered what she was really like in bed.

When Samantha arrived at the station. she told the desk sergeant that she wanted to see Mike Grant. She had been asked to wait a few minutes while the sergeant called through to see if he was in, and then a uniformed officer had appeared and escorted her to his office. Mike wasnt alone; his partner, Ben Warren was in with him. Samantha liked Warren. He was a good man and actually they had a lot less arguments - but that was primarily because Mike did enough for both of them; it certainly wasn't because he didnt think the same way as his partner did. Samantha often wondered how come they didn't seem to have as many fights as she and Matt had.

"Good afternoon Gentlemen." Warren has stood up from the couch in Mike's office as she went in, but Mike has just sat back in his chair, stretching his legs out, a smug grin playing around his mouth.

"Sammy. Long time no see." Mike's smile broadened a little. "To what do we owe the plasure?"

"Oh... " She looked from one to the other and decided that there really was no easy way to say this other than to just come out and say it. "I've come to ask you to let Willy Miles out your cells and to drop the charges against him." She smiled back at both of them.

Warren sat back down heavily, looked over at Mike who returned his look, and then looked back at Samantha. "I think with the guy's confession, we can pretty much convince a jury..."

"Ben, I will blow his confession out of the water in about five minutes and I can put two psychiatrists on the stand who will offer the jury clear explanations as to why an innocent man might confess to a crime he did not commit." She took a couple of steps towards Ben. "And without the confession Sergeant, you have absolutely nothing at all."

"Juries don't like shrinks, Counsellor... and I'd put a month's pay on the DA being able to find another couple of psychiatrists for our side who will dispute your psychiatrists... which then leaves the confession on the..." Samantha turned to Mike as he spoke.

"At the very least there is a huge amount of reasonable doubt here." She leaned over the table. "But I don't need reasonable doubt... Matt's got solid evidence that puts Willy a long way away from your crime scene." She stood up and held out her hand showing one finger. "A bar tender who will swear on oath that Willy was in his bar on the night of the crime." She raised a second finger. "A neighbour of Willy's who got drunk with Willy in his apartment, that night." She raised a third finger. "A liquor store owner, who is also Willy's landlord who will testify that he saw Willy going into his apartment just before the time of the murders." She looked from one of them to the other. "Pick up the phone. Call the DA. Let Willy go... and start looking for the REAL killer."

"Those really don't sound like reliable witnesses...." Warren started

"What? CALL THE DA Ben. He's not going to want to put this to the test on the basis of your evidence against what I've got."

"Don't need to call the DA." Samantha turned and looked at Mike. She could hardly believe what he was saying and she was a little surprised at how unreasonable these two men were being. Yes they were opponents, but usually both Ben and Mike were clear headed and logical enough to see when their case was on rocky ground. "Mike... you really can't...."

"Counsellor, I don't need to call the DA, because I already got him to sign the release papers earlier this afternoon."

"What?" Again she looked from Mike to Ben and back to Mike and saw nothing but annoying stupid cheesy grins.

"His mother's down stairs now... waiting to take him home as soon as the paperwork is finished up" Ben added.

"She is huh?"

"Yep." Ben gave a short nod.

"And so... I've just been here wasting my breath."

"Not at all Sammy" Mike eased himself out of his chair and came round from behind his desk, wrapping his arm around Samantha's shoulders and walking her slowly to the door. "We always enjoy hearing what you have to say and it is always a pleasure to see you here... always welcome. But as you say, now we have to find the real killer... unless Matt has already done that for us." When they got to the door, Mike opened it and eased her into the corridor out of sight of Warren. Samantha nodded, smiling, realizing they had spent the last five minutes teasing her. Mike looked both ways down the corridor and saw that it was deserted.

"Go let Matt know that he's not the only one looking for our killer... and say hello to Nina for me huh?" And with that, he reached down and smacked Samantha firmly on the ass, then turned and went back into his office. Samantha squealed a little more from surprise than anything and then stood there somewhat stunned for a moment as Mike disappeared. She shook her head, blushed, looked both ways down the corridor to make sure no-one had seen and then had turned to make her way out of the building.

Samantha walked into Tony's. It was nearly 5.30 and she wasn't entirely sure Matt would still be here. They had had plenty of late evenings in this place which had started out as them just having tea at the end of the day.... even though there wasn't a drop of tea in sight. But the one beer she had with her steak often became a couple and then Matt would persuade her to mmove onto the scotch. She held her alcohol pretty well - which was a good job when she was drinking with Matt - but sometimes getting up for work the following morning wasn't the easiest thing to do.

She looked around the bar and saw him, sitting up at the bar itself, back to her. If he was looking though he would have seen her walk in without having to turn around because of the mirrored wall behind the bar. She walked up and sat on the stool next to him. She said nothing - didn't even acknowledge him. Tony bought her a beer over without her having to ask and placed it in front of her. Samantha took a small sip straight from the bottle and waited.

Mathew was the kind of guy who could think about many things all at the same time. While thinking about how hot Samantha was and what it would be like to bed that beauty...he was also working on a list of possible killers. This was as of now a shirt list...in fact Mathew really didn't have any names on that list although he had a gut feeling about who it really was. But as Samantha had pointed out many times before....you can't go on what your gut is tell you....not without something real to back it up. Mathew knew what his next step would be.....he would have to speak with the parents of the victims since there was no link between Eric and the other two kids at school.

Eric was in the park alone on a Friday night.....Mathew had found out that Eric had a girlfriend....but she wasn't with him. Jenny Carter & Tony Newman were boyfriend and girlfriend.....but Tony was from the wrong side of the tracks. This was old saying that meant Tony was from a poor family unlike his girlfriend Jenny who's family wasn't rich but they were well off. If one of them was the target then it was possible that the killer simply had to get rid of Eric before he killed the other two....but then why was Eric even in the park alone...this was turning into a troubling case with many questions and so far.....very few answers.

Mathew looked up as Tony brought over a beer placing it down in front of the stool beside him. A smile slowly slipped over Mathew's face.....then he looked up at the clock which hung above the large mirror be hind the bar. " Well that was quicker then I thought it would be......you must have charmed the pants right off of Mike. " Mathew said as he turned his head slowly towards Samantha who was sitting next to him. Of course Mathew knew nothing about what happened in the office between Nina....Mike & Samantha while he was out.

Samantha took a breath and another slow drink.

"Well you know Matt... Sometimes I can actually do my job, despite what you might think." She turned to look at him. Stared at him for a moment as she took another drink. No matter what he did she really couldn't stay that mad at him for that long. He was just too much of a good guy for that. And she couldn't lie to him either.

"In this instance however, I can't take the credit." She shrugged. "Your friend had already got the DA to agree the release. Willy's mother was already there. They're probably already home by now."

Mathew was glad that Willy had been set free....but he still felt terrible about how he had been with Samantha today. He deserved the dig that she gave him about actually doing her job and Mathew knew that Sam did it well.....hell better then most because she cared about those she represented. Mathew took a long slip of his scotch then sent the almost empty glass down. " Samantha.......I know you can do your job.......you do it better then anyone I know.......and I'm sorry for how I treated you today.....it was wrong for me to have been such an ass towards you. " Mathew said as he pointed at his glass then Tony stepped over and filled it.

Anytime Mathew was apologizing for anything to Sam he always started out using her full first name. The tone in his voice was always somber when he admitted to being wrong.....as it was now. Some times they fought like a married couple.....this was even a joke among those who knew them. But Mathew truly liked Samantha and even if he didn't always show it....he had great respect not only for her.....but for who she was and how she got there.

As soon as he called her Samantha, she knew what was coming. She fought with herself to prevent the smile appearing and just looked at him. She didnt want him to think she was patronizing him or being smug be ause he was apologizing. Unless he was trying to trip up a suspect he wasn't generally a bull-shit merchant. If Matt was apologising to her, he meant it and Samantha had no intent of giving him a hard time. Only when he had finished did she smile at him. A genuine smile.

"OK." she leaned over a kissed him quickly on the cheek. "Buy me a drink and then tell me who you think did it... And don't give me the 'it's too early to tell' crap. You already think you know who did it!"

During Mathew's apology too Samantha he never once looked at her....he kept his head down staring at his scotch while he spoke. It wasn't until she kissed his cheek with her soft lips that Mathew turned his head giving her a smile. Mathew finished his glass of scotch then waved at Tony who looked over seeing Mathew pointing at his glass then holding up two fingers. Tony smiled since this meant that Samantha was having a scotch on Mathew.

Tony came over with a second glass....he poured scotch into both then slid the second glass in front of Sam. " Well......it is early......but my gut is telling that coach Gary Parker is who I'm looking for. " Mathew said as he raised the glass then took a slip. " I've got to speak with the families of the victims tomorrow.......and hopefully I'll get something I can work with......but until I have something on him......he'll remain free. " Mathew said as he placed the glass down on the bar then looked over at Sam. " I saw his eyes Sam.......he had the look of a killer in his eyes. "

Samantha smiled behind her glass as she took a drink whilst Matt explained his theory.

"OK! That's it? Really? His eyes?" It was thin even by Matt's standard and she couldn't help smiling broadly. But she held up her hand quickly to stop him as she saw him open his mouth ready to launch into a full verbal defence of his suspicions. "AH!" She glared at him playfully. "Just let me finish. I know you think you know what Im going to say, but just hang on. You and me... sitting here... in the bar... or in the office... I would put my LIFE on the accuracy of your gut feelings, Matt. You have to know that. And Im pretty sure that Grant and Warren would make an arrest on nothing more than your gut feeling. I also know that you know that the DA is going to need a lot more before he will be willing to walk into court. So... just remember that there are good investigators who I am sure will be more than willing to help you... and if Mike and Ben are too busy, then Im sure I can lend a hand. I meant what I said earlier ... Im not the enemy... "

Mathew was simply going to say that she asked for what he thought....but didn't get the chance when Sam held up her hand to stop him from speaking. Hearing that Samantha felt so strongly about his gut feelings made Mathew feel better since how he was feeling over barking at her earlier today.....and he knew that this case wasn't even close to being solved....it would take more leg before that would happen. " I'm glad too hear you say that partner......we've got a lot of people to speak with tomorrow.......friends & family of the victims.......you can take Jenny Carter's family & friends.....see what you can find out about her relationship with Tony Newman. " Mathew said he he reached up with his hand taking Samantha's hand into his gently. " I'm gonna start with Tony Newman's family & friends.....if we can eliminate them as the targets then that only leaves Eric as the main target of the killer. " Mathew spoke softly while he held Sam's hand......he never noticed before....but her hands were very soft.....smooth....silky skin.

Mathew's eyes were gazing down at Samantha's hand....then he smiled and left go. " We can work on Eric's friends & family together......I was told by his former team mates that he has a girlfriend......if she has any information.....she maybe more willing to speak with you. " Mathew said as a bit of sweat had formed on his brow......his thoughts of Samantha were starting to get the better of him. " If you should speak with Coach Parker.......becareful....I'm not sure how he would react to being questioned by a female private eye. "

Back
Top Bottom