Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just Another Dad

Well, I've been a member of this site for just over a week, and in that time I managed to do half a roleplay with one other person before she dropped off just as it was getting to the fun stuff, started an rp with another member who disappeared just after I got the thread going, and have responded to two other members who are interested in doing an rp. I won’t lie: I found all of this frustrating. Then again, I also believed I was having a typical experience here at Blue Moon, but having hung out in plenty of the threads here and having looked through some of the journals, I’ve come to the conclusion that I was actually having a relatively busy week and just didn’t know it. I also (probably selfishly) failed to take into account that other people have just as much of a life outside of these forums as I do—probably more interesting lives as well. At any rate, I’ve adjusted my attitude, and have reminded myself to be more patient as my journey through this new place continues. Because I like it here, and I’m sure that eventually I’ll have all the fun I expected to have here.

Have cautiously returned after a three month absence. Found myself incredibly busy and simply not able to find time to do a roleplay. Which was just as well, because the last roleplay I was involved in ended just as the other ones did. But I remain optimistic--tentatively so, anyway--that I could get something going with someone who has the same interests as I do. It will require patience of course, and not just for me but for whatever roleplay partner I end up with, since I'm still stupidly busy and won't be able to commit to something every day. In any case, I feel, not bad, but somewhat sheepish, I guess, for having been gone for so long, and I hope that this new attempt will get better results.

Back
Top Bottom