Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Absinthe

Mirran

Star
absinthe__23933_zoom.jpg

BET YOU GUYS WISH YOU WERE IN CANADA!
/drunk​

• MIRRAN WHY THE FUCK YOU GOTTA STRETCH THE PAGE >: (

I am in Canada, sweetheart ;} !

I've had a swig of it before. It was ... interesting.

Oversea said:

• OH MY GOSH ARE YOU AN AWOLNATION FAN!?!?!?!
        Please, marry me. : < !

I'm going to be seeing them myself : D!

Honestly, I only started listening to them after I saw your avatar, and thought they were pretty awesome. They're playing at a music festival in my city

• Wow, really? : D!

That makes me feel fucking aweeeesome.
        They're doing a show in Alberta I'm going
        to see ~ So pumped.

Oversea said:

• MIRRAN WHY THE FUCK YOU GOTTA STRETCH THE PAGE >: (

There we go, fixed that. Yeah, btw does anyone know how much you're supposed to drink before you see things?

The hallucinatory effects of absinthe are actually scientifically proven to be exaggerated. There's nothing special about even original-recipe wormwood-infused absinthe. The reputation is mostly because it's such a high proof.

So how drunk do you have to be on other liquor before you start seeing things? Because that's your answer.

It does not make you see a green fairy. If anything the walls just get a little wavy like water. it's really cool sometimes. BUT I digress, it's named the green fairy cause...well....it's green. Until you put sugar in it. Then I hear it turns white. I wouldn't know I haven't put sugar in it. 8D

As it turns out the stuff they sell in Canada doesn't even have the element that makes hallucinate. Oh well, it still got me plenty drunk a number of nights.

Yeah, my brother and I went through a bottle of the horrid green stuff. All it did was make us ill from drinking it. It was horrid tasting.

Being in Alberta, if I need a quick and awful instant-drunk I will buy another bottle of Everclear.

I am down enough braincells as it is.

Mr Master said:
The hallucinatory effects of absinthe are actually scientifically proven to be exaggerated. There's nothing special about even original-recipe wormwood-infused absinthe. The reputation is mostly because it's such a high proof.

So how drunk do you have to be on other liquor before you start seeing things? Because that's your answer.

Mr. Master is right. The green fairy never comes out to taunt and tease you!!!

I plan on importing some absinthe with higher wormwood content, since Canadian absinthe DOESN'T HAVE ANY. BULLSHIT.

I agree with the whole absinthe hallucination thing being hyped. It also used to cause tremors apparently but that was due to it being brewed originally in vats that contained mercury. Gotta love the old days. :)

But one thing I can say about it, it does get you drunk as hell fast.

Havoc said:
I agree with the whole absinthe hallucination thing being hyped. It also used to cause tremors apparently but that was due to it being brewed originally in vats that contained mercury. Gotta love the old days. :)

But one thing I can say about it, it does get you drunk as hell fast.

QFT, both on the mercury and the getting drunk. However, I too, being in alberta, shall stick to chocolate milk.

I've had absinthe many times; the synthetic kind does not make you hallucinate, but it is a completely different kind of drunk than other liquors. For me at least.
As a side note, I've also had the real stuff many times. It wasn't until my fifth or so time drinking it that I ever saw anything though. Not a fairy. Just thought my cigarette smoke was rainbow coloured. XD

Good times.

Back
Top Bottom