Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We only learn as much as we are able to believe.

The crinkle of the foil packet made Neil shiver again - he knew what was coming and he was more than ready for it. Dominic gripped his hip, surprisingly strong, and that turned Neil on more than he could possibly say. He bit at his lower lip, waiting for it - there. Dominic pushed into him, too quick, too tight, making it burn. Neil sucked in a breath, trying to squirm. Between the burn of where Dominic was entering his body and the sudden feeling of being dumped in a bath of ice, Neil nearly came right then and there. He jerked, making a low, urgent noise before forcibly stilling himself.

Neil groaned as the other draped over his back, cooler than he should be. His cock throbbed under him, his breath coming in tight little pants. He couldn't even rock back against the other male, which was incredibly frustrating as Dominic had stopped moving. "Fucking move," he growled.

"Shut up," Dominic hissed, trying to compose himself, breathing hard against Neil's neck. The words didn't help at all. Stupid metaphor, but he felt as if he had just walked into the sun. Neil's warmth felt as if it could burn him. He closed his eyes for a moment, and took a breath in.

He rocked a little against Neil, bracing himself against the other man's shoulder and reaching down to touch Neil's cock. How lovely that he didn't feel that they wouldn't imminently fall over: Neil was wonderfully stable. He had just discovered a new thing to appreciate in a lover! Dominic kissed the back of Neil's neck before beginning to move, making the rocking motion wider. "I wish I could have you," he muttered. In the other sense, that was. Not in the having sex sense.

"Ugh." Even being told to shut up was a turn on. Neil did was he was told and shut up, waiting for Dominic to move again. It was hard not to squirm, but he was eventually rewarded - Dominic rocked. Neil made a low, needy sound, nearly going to spread his legs wider before a shiver of cold warned him off. He stopped trying to move and just let it happen, closing his eyes and panting as Dominic touched him, his cock sticky at the tip, fully hard and throbbing.

"I wish you'd fuck me harder," Neil shot back. Except only one of them could get what they wanted, here. Unfortunately, 'having him' meant leaving Neil in a kind of almost dead state, which wouldn't do at all. He probably couldn't come that way.

Dominic snorted, nevertheless amused, but willing to comply with that request. He hadn't been sure. This was not like fucking someone who would set his hair on fire, or stop the breath in his lungs, or still his heart if he went too far. How fragile ordinary humans seemed sometimes, without defences to his fierce power.

He moved faster, pulling back and then sharply thrusting his hips foward. Could he even hurt Neil physically? Neil was strong, after all. He stroked Neil's cock in time with his thusts. Nothing special, this, just fast and rough. A soul was forbidden to him, but he could take the smaller things. He shook out his power, as if throwing it over them both, and the tendrils spread further up along Neil's limbs. "I can feel what you feel. Will you let me?" He was asking permission. It would be a violation not to.

"Nnn..." That was better. More satisfying, at least. It did hurt, just a little. But the right kind of pain, the kind that made him itch for more, made his dick twitch beneath him. He liked it rough, liked when it hurt enough to really let him feel the pleasure of it.

It took Neil a second to even hear Dominic, never mind respond. Weird request, but he was too far gone to deny the other anything, now. "Can I feel, too?" he asked, curious, his voice taking on a low, urgent note. "But yes, do it." He clenched around Dominic's dick, making him feel so much fuller for a brief second, tight and hot around the other male.

Dominic was not ever sure that it was possible for someone without power to feel those things. But he was willing to try. "Maybe." A simple answer. He gasped out a low moan when Neil clenched around him. He was allowed to let go? He could, then. A tension permanently in his back uncoiled, concentrating on Neil.

"Living things are like fire," Dominic said. "This is you." He placed a hand on Neil's cheek, letting his magic pass through, leave a semblance of the flame that he could see. "This is me," he said, showing to Neil strands of something like a spider-web, shadows dancing through the flame, constraining it. Dominic could see everyone else so well precisely because he had no flame at all. If people were stars, necromancers were black holes. He could do nothing to show what he felt to Neil, he found in his casual attempt. It was like trying to catch air with his hand. Baffling. He did not have enough mind to think too deeply on it. But he could enjoy Neil's spare energy, consume nothing that would harm, making the spider strands burn and sing for a moment, even as he still moved, getting closer both to orgasm and reaching for something else, stirring Neil's spirit, passing through without fully touching. Mist through smoke? He did not know. He could not care.

It was weird, so fucking weird, definitely a new experience. Sleeping with a necromancer was nothing like sleeping with another user - that had been close to normal, if a little intense. There was nothing normal about this. Neil groaned, jerking hard, shivering at the feeling of ice - and weird to think that Dominic would be able to feel how much he liked that sensation, how it counterpointed the heat and complimented it, the sudden, shocking pain of the ice only maximising his pleasure.

"Fuck, I can't," he said, his voice hoarse. More than ready to come, his pleasure mounting as Dominic continued to fuck him, and he couldn't help anything. He was trapped, and he was at Dominic's whim.

It had been a very long time since he could feel someone else shiver, and since he was close enough to sense it. It wouldn't have really mattered to Dominic at this point whether Neil loved it or hated it - so long as it was equally intense. It felt as if he was inhabiting two bodies at once, and both were so alive. Unfair on Neil, probably: he was missing out.

It wasn't long before Dominic came, thrusting as deep as he could and then momentarily losing control of himself, biting down on Neil's shoulder as he shifted in time with the spasms. He couldn't have not matched it to Neil if he wanted - this was far too close. Skin to skin, spirit through spirit.

The bite did it for Neil - it hurt perfectly, making him whimper into the sheets as his hips bucked. He couldn't stop himself from squirming and trying to fuck Dominic's hand, which meant he came feeling like he'd been pushed into a bath full of ice. Neil's breathing stuttered, his whole body jerking as he came hard over Dominic's hand and the sheets below, his body locked with an almost uncomfortable pleasure, the intensity of it too much.

Finally, it was done, and Neil relaxed. The prickle of cold over his skin faded away and disappeared, leaving him to groan tiredly. "Let it go," he said, exhausted. "Want to lie down."

Dominic had forgotten about the spell, kissing the teeth-marks and around the shoulder. He could have stayed there all night, but then he wasn't the one holding them up. “Ah. Damn.” The spell fell apart, flaking into pieces and then disappearing. Dominic remembered now to pull out. “Bin?” he asked, holding the condom.

His eyes were still that strange black colour, and he was still almost fully dressed. Didn't even get around to taking his clothes off! He caressed Neil's side lightly, feeling very affectionate at the moment.

"By the side of the bed," Neil said, gingerly checking if he could move, looking for resistance - now that he'd come, the ice thing would be extremely unwelcome. When he'd ascertained that the spell was no longer active, he collapsed face down on the bed with a groan, grabbing a pillow and hugging it. He felt sore, but sated. He felt damn good.

"That was good," he murmured. "Weird, but good." Dominic doing a bunch of freaky shit that made his eyes turn black, spells to hold him in space and other weird things. But in the end, he'd come pretty damn hard, and that was what made good sex. "Are you going to stay?"

He leant over the side before lying down next to Neil, pulling up his underwear at least. Rather an awkward position to have his cock hanging out of his pants.

"Do you want me to?" Dominic asked, pondering. While staying would be nice, what would it be like when Neil woke up in the morning and wondered about what the fuck they had done? Now that he was relaxed, that his hearbeat was back to normal, his magic began to fade again. Strangely exhausting, and he felt rather cold. It would be nice to use Neil as a heater.

"Yes," Neil said. No arguing with that. He liked it best when they stayed. In fact, his casual partners didn't last long if they refused to stay the night. He liked the company, and he liked waking up beside someone in the morning. "But only if you get naked," he added. "Not gonna lie here all naked and sleep with you with your clothes on, ain't happening. And I wanna see you." It had been kind of hot when they were fucking, but Neil wanted to see.

He rolled over onto his back and looked at Dominic, completely unashamed of his own nakedness. "Go on, strip. And you can let the birds in here now we're done, if you want."

“The door doesn't exactly stop them,” Dominic said. Maybe they had found something interesting to chew on in the rest of Neil's apartment. They would probably find damage in the morning somewhere.

“Fine, fine.” He ran his hand over Neil's stomach before he sat up, unbuttoning his shirt and pulling it off. He had far more scars than Neil did. There was one that looked distinctly like someone had stuck a kitchen knife through Dominic's stomach, but also many smaller ones. Long straight cuts for bleeding himself all over both his arms, white lines standing against just as pale flesh. Some followed the lines of blood vessels. When he pulled off his trousers and underwear, apparently the same thing went along his thighs. Some were, however, quite deliberate. There were patterns of scarification on his hip and his lower back, similar curving patterns to the markings on his door, interweaving and coiling. Spell-writing. He shrugged vaguely at Neil, as if unsure if he should explain.

Dominic was not exactly ashamed, but he knew that his body was not normal. Without the scars, he would just have a spare, lean body, light skinned and very lightly muscled. He didn't exactly exercise, but he definitely didn't spend all his time sitting on his ass.

Neil watched. More scars than him, and some were definitely deliberate, some even kind of patterned-looking. Pretty, in a way. He wasn't repulsed. Yes, it was a little weird, but Neil hadn't really expected anything less from the moment he'd heard that Dominic bled himself for spells. "You can't have done the ones on your back yourself," he said, sitting up and grabbing Dominic's wrist, pulling him into bed. He slid a hand over the slightly raised scars, tracing the patterns there. "What's that about?"

Neil placed a kiss on Dominic's shoulder. "Is this why you didn't take your clothes off? I was expecting something like it, you know."

"It's a life steal spell," Dominic admitted. Not legal per se, but those who recruited him had deliberately overlooked it. Nothing wrong with excessively durable detectives... "I had it done years ago. I was feeling paranoid after someone tried to kill me." They weren't exactly nice spells: capable of stealing an attacker's life energy to heal Dominic back. He was not going to say who helped make it, however.

"I was just impatient, mostly," Dominic said with a smile. "But part of it. Tends to ruin the mood when someone freaks out and starts asking if I need psychiatric help..."

"Well that's pretty much not legal," Neil said, running his fingers over Dominic's back. He smoothed his palm over it, taking in all the details of the spell. "So what happens when you get hurt? Does it just take from the nearest person, or whoever hurt you? What happens if you get hit by a car? Would it take the person behind the wheel, or someone nearby?" Very curious. He wouldn't ever get one himself, probably. Not unless he knew exactly how it worked.

"I know what you are, and I invited you into my bed anyway. A few scars aren't going to freak me out."

Dominic shifted uncomfortably as Neil touched those parts of his back, but did lie on his front to let him look. Not many people got that opportunity. “Probably the person behind the wheel.” 'Probably' was nothing reassuring. “If the person who injured me is not there, then parts of who is nearby. It only activates when I am close to death. It's a horrible spell. Hurts so much. Rips the skin open down to the bone and then doesn't heal for months.” But it was some sort of protection. A selfish spell, putting Dominic's survival above other people's. “I would do it again, if I had the choice.” That was a strange admission – the pain was worth it after all, even if for a few days he literally was a walking corpse.

“Come on. Tell me about your scars. You said you would.”

"Don't you think that's unfair?" Neil asked, kissing his way down Dominic's body, over his shoulders and slowly down his back. "If they don't mean to hurt you, why should they die for doing it?" He kissed slowly over the spell carved into Dominic's body, following it with his tongue and lips in the same way he'd followed it with his fingers. "Could be anyone, could be a stupid kid, and if it's an accident, if you just have a heart attack, what then? A child standing next to you dies so you can keep on living? I wouldn't be able to do that." He licked over a curving line, then blew across it slowly, letting it chill Dominic's skin.

"Ask me about a scar and I'll tell you about it."

"Life isn't fair," Dominic said. "People die all the time when they don't deserve it. Should I try to balance it all? I like being alive." Like many necromancers, he had ended up with the wider view of life and death. The books had to balance, but how was not to be the question he wanted to think about. "Not all lives are equal. The most are not worth living at all."

He shivered at the cold air. It was not really a subject he had wanted to discuss right after a very pleasant event. "How did you get shot?"

"I suppose being a necromancer makes you special, able to do more," Neil said. "Guys like me, probably nothing in comparison." He snorted. "I'm not going to change anything big. Most of the people in the world aren't. Maybe lives aren't equal, but most people want to live as much as the next person." He finished off with a sucking kiss to Dominic's sacrum and rolled onto his back, looking up at the ceiling.

"Taking down a dealer. Wasn't even anything big. I was young and stupid, thought I could handle it and didn't wait for back up. Got myself shot and the dealer got away." He snorted. "Nothing exciting. None of them are, really."

He propped his head up on his elbow and studied Neil. "Yep, all you normal people are good for is amusing the amazing ones like me..." he joked, grinning.

"Y'know, not like I could have done much better... Getting shot is an excellent way to interrupt spells." Bullets were too fast to be knocked out of the air, melted, or suddenly stopped. The grand total of people who could do such things in the world was probably about three. "I remember the time I got shot. Cutting myself is nothing compared to bones shattering... I don't have a scar though." He waved vaguely at the spell on his body.

"No, he didn't get caught," Neil said, stretching out. He reached for Dominic, tugging the other closer possessively by a hip, grinning at the other male. "It's not pleasant. It didn't break anything, but it definitely wasn't pleasant. Put me out of action for months. Then there's knife wounds - got stabbed a few times. Couple of scars from my boyfriend - the cigarette burns, he likes to burn things and that included me. Not that I complained at the time, usually made me come," he admitted. "He would tie me up and tease me, edge me for ages, and then burn me just as I was about to come, fuck." Just thinking about it made him shift slightly. "I was always mad at him after, though." Neil snorted.

Dominic frowned at the mention of abuse. And he had always been wary of pyromancers - nothing came back to life after being incinerated to dust. It was the type of death he couldn't prevent.

"I got strangled once. That's a really horrible one..." Were they just complaining about possible ways to die there? Interesting pillow talk to be sure. "He was fucking me at the time. Thought I would be too distracted to attack him with my spells." Dominic smiled bitterly. "I almost killed him. Self-defence, no charges. If he had been less powerful, he would have been dead... He wanted to steal some of my books. His sister was the one who shot me. She wanted the same thing. And revenge, of course. Sounds pathetic. It's the twenty first century and my people are still running blood feuds..."

"Now that I definitely like," Neil admitted. "I mean, not a serious attempt at being strangled, that sounds awful, but breath play... yeah, I like that. Being strangled while I'm fucked." If they kept this sort of talk up, he was going to get all horny again. "But hey, I promise not to steal your books, I'd have absolutely no fucking use for them." He rubbed a thumb over Dominic's hip and smiled at the other male, leaning in for a quick kiss.

"You should tell me what kind of things get you off, not what things have nearly killed you. Your turn ons make for much better pillow talk."

Back
Top Bottom