Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

She hissed at Logan as he walked away and walked deeper into the room, standing infront of the desk after Jack sat upon it. It was always proper to talk to someone while standing infront of them. She answered the questions without hesitation and in a rather bored tone. Her stance. Never faultered during their little chit-chat and her hands where laced together infront of her.

Jack was impressed that she would answer him like that. He got off the table and gently smiled at her. "Now that wan't so bad, thank you. But if you don't mind there is one more question I like to know. YI do believe your word about the typewriter and computer, do you know anyonr that uses it more often then not?" Jack asked and his eyes were locked on to hers. It was a major key into his investigation and he wasn't going to blink untill he got his answer, the truthful answer."

In the garden Andrew was just finishing trimming the hedges ans let out a long sigh. He looked over at his sister whom seemed to be in his own world. "Hey sis, you seen that guy, right? What do you think about him?" He asked before seeing Adelay off the corner of his eye. "Look alive here comes the Mean Queen." he told her in a voice in so Adelay couldn't hear.

Mercedes rolled her eyes at him and took a moment to think. "Well," she began. "I use a computer when I have time to myself." She tapped her finger on her chin. "Logan has one, along with one of the cooks and the gardeners. As for typewriters, since they're portable and able to be moved. I wouldn't know." She shrugged.

Allie looked over at her brother after planting a yellow rose bush in the rose garden, then to Adelay and snickered at her brother. "Andrew, that's not very nice. Your so bad." She stated and bowed to Adelay after she walked by, the older woman didn't seem to even care what they were talking about.

Jack snickered at her actions before pointing his pen at the tip of her nose. "I finding it hard to believe. Tell me, what kind of computer Does Logan have.?" he ask her. He knew is was a lie because the room he went to with Logan was his own room. He didn't see a computer there.

"Well, it's true..." Andrew snickered as he bows to Adelay. Seeing her ignore her like that often made him cringe inn anger. "Just look at her. So cocky, so egotistical, so smug. It makes me sick...." He hid a clinched fist to hide his anger before exhaling a breath.

"The asshole uses it to write schedules and duties of each butler under his watch, as to I with the maids." She scowled at him and waved her hand infront of her nose to move the pen. "The computers don't stay in our rooms, having computers in the rooms tends to get people addicted to using them. So we have our own computer room for the cleaners of the house. The gardeners use their computer to order plants and equipment since most of us don't like or tend to not leave the castle." She sighed, looking bored again. "And the cooks for recipes. So believe what you want, each house pretty much has a computer. As for the stables and Miss Adelay," she shrugged. "I wouldn't know."

Allie took her small bag of dirt and small garden shovel and pranced over to her brother. "I think she's pretty and nice." She smiled chidishly. Even for being 19, the girl did tend to act like a child a lot of the time. Dropping her bag of soil on the ground, she took off her gloves and looked at her brother. "Why do you hate her so much?"

Adelay had her arms crossed loosely as she walked through the gardens, stopping at one rose garden in particular, she removed her arm from her self embrace and moved to lightly touch the dark red rose petals that felt soft and delicated under her touch. She sighed and continued walking.

Jack still has his suspictions about Mercedes, yet he's not going to let Logan have a free pass as well. He closes his notebook and rolled his eyes at her just for the hell of it. "As you know I will be questiong the maids as well. I suggest you be a good girl and allow me accessto the maids rooms, including yours." Jack said with a glare in his eyes. Remembering Logans words of advice it does seem that he'll have to step it up a bit further to get what he wants.

Andrew looks at his little sister and held her hand. "I don't really care what happens to me, but I do worry about you. The way she treats you isn't right, yet we can't do anything about it. I just wish she shows alittle more respect." He answered as he looks at Adelay. "Besides, I''ve been hearing some rumors about her."

Mercedes snarled at him, her teen bared but they were human teeth. If he would force himself into her own room and her maids privacy then so be it, but she won't let it off so easily. Turning around, she turned her back to him, her long blond braid swooshing behind her and her arms crossed over her chest. "I suggest you atleast be polite to the maids when you go through their things. They have a hard enough time as it is."

Allie smiled and held her brothers hand as well. But when she heard about the rumors, she put her index finger to her chin and her brown eyes went wide. "Rumors? Like what?" She asked, turning to look at Adelay as she walked away and then back to her brother.

Jack smiled and chuckled at her comment. Out of nowhere, he hugs Mercedies from behind. "Thanks. I'll make sure to treat them nicely." He said and walks past her. He turns to look at her and gives her a smile and then leaves. He decided that his next couse of action as to find another servent or atleast Adelay. As he looks at his map. He herd a gun shot and he ducked out of the way. "The hell?" He grunted and got his gun out.

"I'm not sure about it, but..." Before he could tell her, he herd a gunshot from inside the castle. "Stay close to me." He said holding her. He looks around and wondered who had a gun. Protecting his sister was more important then gardening to him.

Mercedes was stunned when he hugged her, no one ever touched her. Her whole face flushed when he did and when he smiled at her, she bit her tongue to keep from smiling back. This act wouldn't work on her. She turned the opposite direction and jumped when she heard the gunshot, quickly turning around, her eyes widened slightly, she looked at him. Seeing that he was still standing, she let out a breath and started back down the hallway. After the act he just pulled, she didn't want her waste her time going near him. The blush still on her face in a light pink.

Allie jumped and clung to her brothers shirt. "What was that?" She questioned closing her eyes. "What happened?"

Adelay frowned and turned around, running back to the part of the garden where the siblings were. Seeing that they were okay, she let out a soft breath. "You two stay out here." She commanded and ran back into the castle and up the stairs, seeing all the servants in the castle were frozen in fear and looking around, she opened the door to the stairs and quickly ran up them. The next moment, she threw open the door to the hall where Jack was and noted that Logan and Mercedes where already gone and Jack was still standing. "What the hell happened?"

Jack truned to se whose there, but there was none, he sees Mercedes coming out to check on him, but didn't say a word. 'This is getting fun...' Jack thought as he gave a light chuckle and put his gun away. He turns again to see Adelay wondering what happend. "Apparently someone doesn't like the fact that I'm doing this case. It's a pitty that the person has bad aiming." He tells her as he points to a door. There was a bullet hole there as her goes to examine it.

She looked at the mark and snarledmaking sure her fangs were covered. That would have to be fixed. "Idiot. Couldn't even aim at something different like the floor. It's difficult to replace cherry oak doors." Adelay growled out, her arms crossed over her chest as she leaned on a hip. "You didn't see anyone?" She thought about who she passed on her way there but she hadn't passed anyone but the frozen servants and the gardeners. She doubted someone could easily run back to their place and completely miss her vision in doing so.

"That corner" He said pointing at the end of the hall. "That's the only place the person could have shot at." He runs over and turns the corner just to see no one there. Who ever it was trying to kill him, needs to do a better job at it. "Mistress!!" Some one shouted as a male cook came running to her. "I herd a gun firing. Are you okay?" He asked her and began touching her body. "Oh thank God, nothing serious." he said before he realized he was touching her with his hands still wet from washing his hands.

Adelay watched Jack and figured no one would be around the corner. "Looks like someone sees you as a threat." She narrowed her eyes on the man and heard one of the cooks run into the hallway. She was slightly stunned to feel his wet hands on her skin and outfit. "I'm fine." She stated slightly taken back by him touching her without question. Though with this particular cook, she was used to it by now. A few droplets clung to her creamy skin as she raised an eyebrow at him. "You're concerned?"

"Of course I am! I cooked your favorite meal for dinner as well as extra helpings just like you requested." He sighs with relief before looking at the detective. "I believe this is the guess you're talking about?" He asked and Jack extended his hand. "Jack Holiday," he said to the cook and he nod his head, shaking his hand. "Oliver Scotts, I'm the cook here in the castle." He told him and Jack puts his name into memory. "I'm assuming you have a female partner in cooking as well?" Jack asked and Oliver nod. "Why yes, she's..." he stood still and bit his tongue. "Oh no, I..uh...gotta run." He tells him. He bows to Adelay and dashes back to the kitchen.

Adelay raised her eyebrow at him and nodded when he described her meal was done. "Thank you, Oliver. I am obliged." She stated and listened as he introduced himself to Jack and when Jack asked about the femal cook, she smirked. Watching him run down the hall heading toward the kitchen, she turned her attention back to the detective she had pleaded to for help. "So, what are you to do now?" Just then, the twins from earlier walked down the hall and bowed to her. "Mistress, the servants are afraid something had happened to you," they said at the same time. It would of been creepy had she not been used to it by now. "Tell them that everything is fine and no one is injured." She waved her hand boredly. The twins nodded and went off.

Jack sees the guy run off as if something caught on fire. He shrug his shoulders and notice the twins coming. "I'll be heading to the garden to talk to the gardeners next." He said before the turing his attention to the twins. He notice that there was no specks of dirt nor grass stains on them. His theory about them being gardeners was crossed out as well as chefs and heads. Now there were three positions left: Laundry, Driver, and Cleaners. Buy the looks of how neat their cothes are, he would have to predict that they were in charge of the Laundry. "Hold it!" He tells them and the twins turns around at the same time. "Yes?" they said in there monotone voice which made him shiver. "Umm...your name please and your position in this castle." He said to them feeling a bit uneasy.

Naomi and Noah looked at each other and smirked somewhat evilly. They had their hands behind their backs as they rocked on their heels. "Why, we're the personal servants to Mi'lady." Naomi said before Noah chimed in. "We also tend to the laundry along with Ms. Addisyn and Mr. Thomas." He said. They looked almost identically alike, though Naomi's hair was longer and curled while his was cut in a boy style. But their outfits were always identical. "They're the heads of the laundry department." They both said.

Adelay moved to stand beside Jack as they spoke, they still had their bright green eyes on the man as they spoke. "If there's anything you need, questions about other people, departments, or anything like that; you should talk to these two. They know everything about the castle. And they've been my personal servants for quite some time." She stated softly and they nodded together.

"I-I'll try to remember that..." Jack said feeling very nervous about those two. He didn't know why but something wasjust, well...off about those two. He nod his head and left for the garden. A small snicker was herd as he left making him feel more creeped out about them. He looks at his map, not seeing Mercedes ahead of him and he accidely bumps into her. He catches her hand before she fell over, and pulls her close to his chest. "Forgive me, I didn't see you there." He said not realizing he was holding her this close.

The twins stopped snickering when he turned the corner and looked up at their mistress. Adelay smiled at them and shook her head. "If you keep freaking him out like that, he won't want to stay here long." She stated as they giggled some more. "Sorry, Mi'lady but its been a long time since we had someone to play with." Noah stated and Naomi nodded. "Yes, it was starting to get boring." Adelay shook her head and closed her eyes a moment before opening. "Before you get some dinner, would you speak to the cleaners and tell them about the door. We're going to need it replaced." With that, they both nodded and walked the opposite direction that Jack went. Adelay followed until she moved down another hallway. She needed to get to her room.

Mercedes gasped and the next thing she knew, she was pressed against Jack's firm chest. She blushed like mad and pushed herself away from him. Clearing her throat, she brushed the invisible dirt off her dress and looked at him. "What was that for?" She scowled at him, as if he did it on purpose.

Jack felt her pushed off him and notice the dirt she dust off. That wasn't dust dirt, no, it looked like dirt you see in the backyard. He soon notice her deep blush on her face. it was like a man never touced her before. He decided to have fun for a bit and smile at her. "Forgive me, Miss Mercedes, but I couldn't let a beautiful lady like yourself fall due to my carelessness." With that, he gently caressed her cheek and winked at her before heading out tpp the garden.

Once he arrived, he see the two gardens relaxing and chatting to one another. They soon notice him and Andrew stood up and shook his hand. "You must be the detective Miss Mercedes to us about. I'm Andrew and this is my little sister Allie." He said introducing him to her.

Mercedes glared at him while he left and turned back, headed to where she was planning on going before.

Allie bowed to him when Andrew mentioned her name and then wiped the dirt of her dainty hands. "Good evening." She stated. Her brown hair fell over her shoulder. She wore a pair of jeans with dirt spots on the knees and a t-shirt. It was her work outfit. When her and her brother weren't working in the garden, they wore something more formal. Much like what the twins wore but a slightly different look and color. "Have you finished the investigation yet?" She smiled and cocked her head to the side much like a dog would. Her eyes closed with the very happy smile she possessed.

"Um...no." Jack said as he arched a brow at her. 'The hell is up with these weird smiles lately?' Jack thought as he looks at Allie them Andrew. He seemed normal while the sister looked happy-go-lucky. Not as spooky as the twins, but never the less, it was still strange. "I've come to question you about a few things. I've herd from a few that you both own a typewriter. When was the last time you used it?" He asked them in a calm tome. "I believe it was two days ago. I was typing up an order for seeds to Logan. However, when I used it, the M and V keys on my typewriter were broken." Andrew answered honestly. "My sister can back up that caim." he added as Jack looks at her. "What about you Miss. Allie and it his statement true?" he asked her.

Allie blushed from embarrassment as if she were the one to break the keys. "Yes, its true. I haven't used to type writer for about two weeks." She thought, her blush went away and her index finger tapped her chin in thought. "The last time I used it was when I requested a half a dozen yellow rose bushes. Miss Adelay likes roses. I just finished planting the same bushes a bit ago." She stated while looking up in thought then turned her gaze back to him. "Other than that, I haven't touched it."

There was a troubling look on her face once Andrew said something about the broken keys. He did remember seeing the M's were all typed in tow of the blackmail letters. Putting those logics to gether he could confirm that the blackmailer did use Andrews typewriter in making the letter. What puzzled him now was the V key. No where in any of the letters was the V ever typed. He looks at Allie agan and notice a flower in her long hair. He walks up to her for a closer inspection. "Nice looking Violet you got there." he tells her, "Where there anymore seeds that you requested?" he asked the two of them. "Not that I could think of, yet the was a extra package of violet seeds in upon delivery one day that i didn't know about. They're my sisters favorite flower." Andrew answered and Jack smiled. "Is that so." He said figureing out what might've happened to the V key of his typewriter.

Allie watched him as he looked at the flower in her hair and didn't say anything. She stayed silent as her brother talked to the man and twisted the toe of her shoe in the dirt sheepishly. Okay, maybe it was her fault the the keys broke, but she couldn't help it. Frowning, she looked up at her brother and gently touched the flower in her hair. "Since the M and V keys broke, we requested another typewriter yesterday. Andrew doesn't like having a broken type writer. But I think the broken keys make it special." Her frown turned upside down and into a small smile.

Back
Top Bottom