Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stormy Weather (KevinR778 + Celestine)

KevinR778

Supernova
Steven was sitting at his desk, yawning from being a bit bored. It was a very slow day, mostly because of this terrible blizzard. He and one of his employees had to stay behind in their office while the others tried to make it home safe. He started to wander around, humming a song to himself as he did. He saw the lights flicker and looked outside to see nothing but white, white and more white. "At this rate, We're never getting out of here" he said. He sat by the heater, warming his hands as he noticed her walk over. He was glad he wasn't alone and at least had someone to talk to, if she hadn't stayed he didn't know what he would do.

"Hey," Leanne greeted him with a nod. While she might normally be respectful, it was no longer office hours and she was too busy trying to keep warm to be particularly concerned with what was generally considered office behavior. "It's too bad," she muttered. "I should've brought the jeep... It would've been cold, but it could've handled this without much of a problem." It was true, especially considered that her father had chained the tires to prepare for the winter weather. It wasn't that she was a child or lived at home - he'd driven over from across the city out of concern for his baby girl. "How about you, sir?"

Steven smiled at her "Hello" he replied. He moved over for her to sit. "Yea but atleast we have a heater right?" he said when she mentioned not having her jeep. "My car wouldn't last two seconds in this weather" he said with a small laugh. He admired her will to stay behind even though most left before the worst of the storm hit, he even considered giving her a raise.

"Very true," she said with a laugh herself. "It's too bad, though. We're going to be stuck with just the candy and soda machines for the night... But we can probably use the cots in the security or the med room." She glanced out the window. "Oh, many, it's really going wild out there. Good thing I have an extra set of clothes... But man, I bet it's going to be a pain to scrape all the ice off in the morning."

He nodded "You got that right" he said. "I think we can survive on some chocolate and sugary drinks" he said. After a while of getting warmed up he stood and stretched out his back. "Do you think we should go check out those cots? I figured we should, seeing as we haven't got much else to do" he said. He then smiled and offered his hand to help her up.

She accepted his hand with a smile and used it to hoist herself up. "Sure thing. Some of them should be travel-able, so we can probably bring a few in here so we're not freezing in there... Then again, I heard that the med room has its own generator, so we might have a bit more luck there than we're having here."

He smiled and nodded. "That's a very good idea, let's check out the med room." he said. He was glad she had such great ideas, that's what made her one of his best workers and would be of good use during this storm. He started to walk down to the med room, looking back to see if she followed him. "Come on" he said, stopping for a moment then walking again.

"Of course," she said with a smile. A mischievous smile. Still, she followed along behind him, taking note of the emergency exit sigh colors. They were pitch black. It meant that the back up generator had gone down... Or that the signs simply hadn't been replaced in a long time... In which case, someone seriously needed to talk with maintenance to get this resolved. She dug through her pockets for a moment before pulling out a small flashlight. In the dark of the hallway, it was a welcome source of light and one that would happily lead them to the med room.

He walked into the dark hallway, noticing her turn on her flashlight. He went in and checked the generator. He went to start it up but nothing happened. "Looks like it's out of gas.." he said. He noticed the lights in the office flicker again. "Well let's get those cots before the power goes out." he suggested, grabbing two big flashlights from the med room's cabinet. He grabbed a cot and folded it up. He carried it out to the main office part of the building. "If you need help with yours, Just ask" he said.

"It's fine," Leanne gave a soft chuckle. "I'm sturdier than most people think!" She was a bit disappointed that the generator was out - so much for some decent warmth, eh? - but it wasn't too bad. She quickly went through a few cabinets in order to find blankets and sheets (and was pleased to find some food, too!) and gathered the cloth material before folding it into her cot and following him out. "I found us some sheets and blankets," she called after her boss. "Some food, too... Even if it's mostly crackers and stuff." A cursory glance revealed to her that the refrigerator was also likely to run out of power. "We can probably go through the refrigerators in the break rooms for food seeing as the power is out."

Steven nodded. "Great idea" he said, going to check them. He cleared them out, getting whatever food was left over. He brought it back over to their cots. "This is all that was in there" he said putting everything in a pile. He smiled at her, noticing her get set up all by herself. "Nice job setting up" he said. The temperature seemed to drop about 5 degrees. He thought for a moment. "If the temperature keeps dropping at this rate, we'll be frozen by morning" he said.

Back
Top Bottom