Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finals (Candira and NightStalker73au)

Candira

Singularity
There had been many late nights up till now. The project was nearly finished, and it they were just one more late-night session to complete. Already half-way into it, Jessica was starting to feel exhaustion kick in. Thank God they only had tonight left. In some ways though, it was bittersweet. Jessica really liked working with him. She was rather fond of the way he laughed at her jokes even when she was positive they made no sense. He was actually smart, which helped things along nicely, and he was never late.

Besides, when she took breaks, she liked to look at him while he took his turn staring at the computer screen. Call her shallow, but he was handsome, and damn it, he was the only guy she had time for lately. She brushed some of her dark curls away from her face and let her green eyes scan over their recent pages looking for mistakes in citation and in the actual writing. She was getting hungry, too. She would order something in a little while. For now, they just needed to get through this part of the project. "Hanging in there?" she asked, scrolling through the word document.

Harry had been thrilled when given the opportunity to work with her on the project that would count towards at least 50%of their overall marks for the course. Each and every night their would be a new joke or something to laugh with her about, the most fun he had experienced in quite awhile and was reluctant to know that tonight could be the last one. He was startled from his place of reading through pages by her words. His blue eyes glanced across as he spoke. "Oh yes. How about you?"

"Getting tired already...and hungry. I think after this next page I'm gonna need a break," she said with a little pout. Her pale skin glowed from the computer screen's white light and the back light from the floor lamp in her apartment that never quite seemed to be bright enough. "Want me to order anything for you? I'm not sure what I want yet," she said, paying special attention to the page she was on.

Harry had always been a good partner. She didn't want to let him down when they were so close to the finish line, so she worked her hardest to make sure nothing was wrong. When she finally reached the bottom of the page, she hit the save keys a few times out of habit and then made a note of where she stopped and just flopped back onto the floor from the other side of her coffee table. "Need...sleep...food..." she groaned, wanting nothing more than to just close her eyes and sleep for the rest of the night. But they still had more work to do.

Harry could tell how she was feeling, his own body was mirroring it and tonight was crucial to passing this course. Damn it he thought to himself as the last few pages seemed to be taking forever for him to proofread as well, trying to keep his own spirits up he mulled over what might be good for a meal. Nothing came to mind straight away. The words were blurted out. "You choose the food sexy." He was soon standing seemingly flabbergasted heading in the direction of the bathroom to splash some water on his face and take a few deep breaths. Staying in there for a few moments may help the situation and she may not have even realized what he called her.

It happened so fast, she wasn't sure it had happened at all. Had her study partner and secret crush just called her sexy? No, that had to be the sleepiness coming back to her. Chinese wasn't open this late, but there were a few decent pizza places. She dialed the number for the place and ordered a supreme pizza with breadsticks and a 2 liter. Happened to be a special that night, so she was even saving money.

She hung up and then knocked on the bathroom door. "You okay, Harry?"

Harry was leaning against the long counter, fingers running through his hair as he tried to regain some composure. Evidently he had feelings for her that had come out during the latest of hours between them, all this time they had beeen brewing just like coffee in a percolator. He was flabbergasted as the knock and that sultry voice hit his ears like a soft breeze through leaves. Opening the door he smiled.
"Yes sorry about that." He stammered.

What was he sorry about? Well, whatever it was, she had no ability to hold a grudge against him. "No worries. Pizza's coming soon. And soda. And bread sticks. You're welcome," she said, gesturing for him to follow her. "I'm so glad this project is almost over. My sleep schedule is going to be sooo messed up."

Harry stood there for a few seconds, eyes drawn to the way she walked now. Oh sheesh where had all these feelings come from all of a sudden, it was not like him to hide them though really as he followed slowly. "So sexy you think we will remain close friends after tonight" he said softly.

Wait...what? This time, she knew she wasn't crazy. When did he start thinking like that? Heart beating faster, she turned to him, legitimately surprised. "Did you just call me sexy?" she asked with a laugh. "You really must be tired." And she was dodging the question...she should answer it. "I hope we'll stay close." But she left off "friends." Maybe she really did want more. "Wanna take a little walk with me? Just around the building so we can get some fresh air?"

Maybe then they'd both wake up. She'd given him the opportunity to back out if he really wanted to.

Harry's eyes met hers as she turned to face him, his own heart had been beating so fast in the bathroom that he was surprised it did not end up on the floor. No he was sure now it was not the tiredness kicking in, he had found her sexy but to most around college it would not seem right for them to be together. Partly from different sides of the tracks so to speak as he moved a little closer. "Glad to hear we shall remain close and lead the way." He said in a whisper.

She blushed as he said it again, watching him. "Y-yeah. Umm, just let me grab my keys..." Jessica smiled and then went to her bedroom, grabbing her phone, the cash for the delivery guy, and her keys. She came back and took his hand. "Ready to go?"

Harry could tell that he had caught her offguard, she was beautiful in so many ways and only tonight had it dawned on him just how much. A softer smile spread across his facial features as she took his hand, his words barely above a whisper. "Lead the way."

Jessica had been surprised by him before. Never quite on this level or for this reason. And she couldn't seem to keep from turning red when he spoke to her lately, his words mere whispers or murmurs...She only hoped that he really meant it all. It would kill her if he was just tired. She pushed some of her dark hair back and walked with him to the entrance of her campus apartment building before tugging him along outside. Hardly anyone was around--though there were plenty of lights still on.

"It's so creepy at night," she said, starting to take the sidewalk around the building. "So silent and still..."

Harry knew his feelings were pure for her, there was no elements of tiredness creeping in as they walked around the building further. Hearing the stammered out words he moved his fingers from hers and slid them around her waist leaning close to softly brush his lips against her cheek and the corner of her mouth. "You are so beautiful, we should do this more often."

She stopped moving the instant he had his arms around her. She stopped breathing when his lips brushed against her cheek and the very corner of her mouth. Absolutely stunned, she stared into his eyes, speechless. After a moment she remembered to breathe. "And w-what exactly..are we doing?" she asked, suddenly very nervous. This couldn't be happening could it? It was a dream! But then why did it feel so good in his arms? And why could she still feel his lips against her...?

Harry's blue eyes met hers as he listened to the words, absorbing them all much like a mop or sponge did with a liquid substance. Everything about tonight was telling him that if he did not act the opportunity would have passed and he would regret it. Holding her close he kissed her lips fully this time for a few brief seconds before speaking. "Jessica I am enjoying your beauty for the first time, believe I have fell in love with you."

She looked at him, wide-eyed. No way it was happening. She'd been dreaming of kissing him for weeks now. And he'd chosen a romantic night. Her green eyes closed as he kissed her, effectively shutting down her brain. Dazed, looked up at him as he pulled away from her and told her she was beautiful for the umpteenth time and that he had fallen in love with her.

She went back to being stunned. When she finally snapped out of it, she pulled him into a hug, kissing his cheek. "You have no idea how much I wanted to hear you say that."

Harry was not sure if he had said the right thing, the silence had been deafening and part of him feared that he had a made a complete fool of himself by telling her how he felt. The hug accompanied by the kiss to his cheek along with the words brought a hug smile to his face as hands clasped her waist lightly. "Jessica then we shall enjoy every moment together, although perhaps we need to head back. That pizza is probably here."

The smile was adorable on him. Jessica took his hand and kissed him softly one more time before leading him back around to her apartment. Normally, she would have thought pizza needed a longer time, but this place was fast and relatively close. "All right." She smiled and blushed, walking along with him like the happiest girl in the world. And food was coming. This night just got better and better.

By the time they had walked back around to her apartment the pizza guy was just driving up, taking a few steps closer to her place he smile and spoke. "Think tonight will be a blast Jessica, need some extra money."

She wasn't sure what he meant about tonight being a blast, but she was willing to roll with it. The thing about extra cash made her shake her head. "It's okay, I got it." She smiled and kissed his cheek, hurrying over to the pizza guy and handing him the cash as he traded her the pizza, sticks, and 2 liter. She let him keep the change for a tip and then walked back to him. "Okay, you can take this stuff and I'll get us back into my apartment. I cannot wait to finish that damn project."

Harry smiled and watched her pay for the food and drinks, taking them from her he could tell that another part of her had surfaced as he slid his free hand around her waist and softly kissed her cheek. "Yes lets finish this project and enjoy each other's company more."

Jessica led him back into her building, getting them back to her apartment without trouble. She grinned as he put his hand around her waist and then guided him to the table so she could get the plates and cups. "Set it on the table there, okay?" She got the things she needed and set them down as well.

She kissed him sweetly and then went to the food, getting a plate of the pizza and the soda. "Let's eat."

Harry smiled at her words and the kiss, taking his plate and deciding to sit on the floor. It was totally comfortable and taking a bite of the pizza he felt the topping slide down his chin, licking it up he caught her eyes and could not help but blush briefly. The soda washed down some of it, another piece was slowly eaten as he took a little more time to look around her apartment from where he sat.

Jessica sat with him once she had a plate of food and ate with him, giggling at him as some of the toppings slid down his chin. She grinned and got a little string of cheese on her own, happily gobbling it up. Once her piece was gone and she'd had a bread stick with plenty of sauce, she took another of each and washed her first down with soda.

"Mmm, it's especially good tonight." She leaned against him a little as she ate.

Back
Top Bottom