Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Short Attention Span

minxx

Super-Earth
How many of you suffer from this like I do? u____u

Sometimes, it'll take me a day or two to respond to a post, but in all honesty, chances are I started to type a response, maybe two or three times, only to get distracted and inevitably close out of the window. I always come back to it thinking, "Wtf, didn't I already do this?"

It really kills the inspiration to reply again, too, when you've already typed the same damn thing like ten times.

I suffer from Real Life Bummer Mood. I might have RPs I am anxious to respond to, and often think what to do with it. But something more important gets in the way. Or maybe I have to do something, it craps out, and now I just want to do nuttun. I once was planning on responding to an RP, wanted to play just a little bit of a certain game first, got the BSOD, and did not turn the computer on for several hours. Forgot all about the response that needed to be written, and even what I was planning on putting down. Also, being one who work nights, I think I can write something only to not be in the mood when I get back. Sometimes I can type something up at work. But if its too erotic – and considering this site it sometime is – I am too scared to!

I also suffer from “I want to respond to this” addiction. Something sounds great, I get ready to write something, then blank out or start having doubts. From if this is really good for me (or the other) to if I really can take on yet another RP.

Finally there is the general mood. Some happens too often, like when your new partner don't really give you much to go on. Sometimes its the tone. I want something light one day, serious another.

This week was a perfect example for me. Last weekend I got a nasty cold. Tomorrow I am going on call (an instant Bummer Mood). Add one RP that, besides being over-requested on my thread, is going nowhere. Add another that returned after a month absence and two requests from me that got rejected. Bummed.

ROFL @ EnlightenedAneurysm!

I usually have an issue where I'm in the middle of something and it leads to another, then another. Ending result? A ton of half finished things >.<

I don't have a short attention span, so much as a short memory life. I'll forget about things rather quickly...

And as for RP's, I'll have some that I'm REALLY looking forward to replying too... and then when the chance to actually reply to them comes up, I'm just totally not in the mood to write. So it just sits there. And then people get grumpy with me. And then by the time I'm in the mood to write again, either I've lost the feel for the RP, or they don't want to continue any more. It doesn't happen all the time, but it sucks nonetheless...

I don't really have a short attention span - but it seems to me I've developed a short intention span. I get really enthused about doing something, whether writing to one of y'all, or some mundane real-world "necessity", and then poof! It's gone!

Back
Top Bottom