Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A princess shunned (Forbidden & Askeladd)

When Sita saw his expression she was glad she'd rephrased her order to him, and glad that he'd decided to follow her. She led him, without speaking, to a large stone wall with a space cut around a large wooden door. She pulled the key from a chain around her wrist, something that she wore always as she couldn't risk someone else getting into her garden. "I know plants probably aren't your thing..but..well.." she trailed off and unlocked the door. Pushing it open she slipped inside easily, letting him in before closing the door securely behind them. The moonlight illuminated a paradise within the stone walls, revealing plants from all over the kingdoms that had been collected in a secret fashion. The range of plants in the secret enclosure ranged from desert plants to tropical and everything in between. Fruit trees grew alongside cacti and palm trees beside prairie flowers. A bench was beneath one of the fruit trees, nothing more than a flat topped stone really, and she walked there. Brushing her fingers through the silky fallen petals she continued her walk away from him, as if avoiding him. This was her secret haven, started be a single bloom her brother had brought to her. A red rose whose color, over its blooming period, ranged from blood red to pitch black. In her kingdom this bloom was believed to be bad luck, and it was sought out and destroyed in mass quantities. Sita had wanted to save them, especially as a reminder of her brother, so she'd created the garden in secret. When she realized she could find safety in the area she began expanding, getting plants from everywhere. This required some sketchy endeavors with traveling merchants and peasants but so far nothing but new plants had come of the dealings. So shy about what he would say, or not say, she was almost afraid to turn back to him.

Sure he'd had enough time to look around, she took a deep breath and turned back to him, walking back along the path slowly. "Well...uhm..what do you think? I mean...you're a warrior and probably don't care but some plants have interesting stories and myths behind them. Some have traveled farther than you, while others are sought to be destroyed and..." she stopped abruptly realizing she was rambling and instead bit her lip softly, teeth catching the tender skin and tugging lightly. Nervously her fingers spun the key around her fingers, the metal glinting with the occasional beam of moonlight striking off the surface. Sita tried to keep eye contact with Dante and failed, the first time since she'd met him that she was aware that she was seeking his approval. If this didn't work to get some attention from him, she'd probably be reduced to begging him for attention, even if only to distract herself from the overall lack. Ironic? Slightly, but she'd get over it. After all she'd be living with him for the rest of her life, she'd probably have to get used to doing anything to please him.

Dante followed her to the door and wondered what might be behind it even though Sita was going to unlock it right in front of him now, it was just a reaction to want to know what was behind a door for him. When she said that plants were probably not his thing as he was a warrior he wondered if she thought because he did not like the fact that others presumed he wanted to be treated different meant he was nothing but a killer. He liked battle it was something that was in his blood but he was not limited to just that she would learn that soon enough he thought to himself, now barely listening as he voice trailed off he watched her open the door to reveal what was behind it. What he saw was a garden unlike any other he had ever seen, it was much more impressive than the simple garden outside of this area he thought as he walked in behind her. There were plants of every kind here, some he recognized while others he did not know it was like another world rather than a garden and it was so peaceful her, the quietness would be uncomfortable to most but this was nice to Dante it was something that would just allow him to relax. He looked at every plant that he could while she looked at him, he did not even have to look at her to know that she was looking at him she wanted his attention that much was obvious from her actions thus far and she wanted it merely because he would not give it. As if on cue she spoke up asking him what he thought of it and speaking about how he was a warrior so he might not care about the plants here while saying some of them had interesting stories or myths with them.

She realized she was rambling a little later and bit her lip to quiet herself down which made him grin a little bit, well now was his time to show her he was more than just a random warrior who knew of only battle. He knelt down and gently caressed the petals of an orange petaled flower with a blue center "this flower is most likely the last of it's kind, it comes from Gauran or it did before it was taken over eight years ago by our army there were so many there they said that our army thought them to be weeds which is quite the pity as they are quite pretty". He spoke as if he had seen this first hand which he had while he had not been in the battle he had seen the aftermath of their take over, he then turned to a blue flower with a hint of red on each petal tip "this comes from the desert country an extremely rare flower that can only be found in the underwater oasis caves people who find these can sell them for over a hundred gold pieces" he said softly as he stood up now. "Those there" he pointed at the tall yellow flowers that were about the size of a persons head "they come from my country in the mountains hard to reach but very abundant when you find the right area". He was not looking at Sita nor did he comment on anything but the flowers as if he was not giving her the attention she so desired, "it is a good garden though" he said as he looked around the area once more.

His talk made her smile as he proved to her that he wasn't just a barbaric creature concerned only with killing, but instead a man who had a little something hidden from everyone else. A knowledge of more than just swords and death. Her smile faded though as she realized he wasn't looking at her, still wasn't giving her the credit for this garden, her pride and joy. Then he went and dismissed the garden, at least in her eyes, using good to describe it hurt her pride. Her jaw clenched tightly but she forced her features to smooth as she went to speak to him. "You do know more than death and killing. Do you, however, know which plants I could use to poison you with? Which plants I could cause you excruciating pain with?" He might think her threats idle, think she was bluffing, but her words were entirely true. Bored with the "normal" life of a princess she'd taken secret trips into the city with her brother to meet with his friend, a man well read in plants and a creative man who'd discovered the art of using plants as poison. "But I suppose even threats won't break your calm demeanor. You don't deem anything I do worthy of your attention, so why would the threats be any different?" she knew she probably sounded like a petulant brat and still she continued. "I've known you for a day and half a night and have seen only a cold and calm person. One time did you get upset and even then you just colder and calmer. What do I have to do for your attention?!" Her tone had rose to a point just short of yelling at him before she stopped. The corset about her waist was hindering her breathing enough to make her lightheaded now, but rather than sit and look weak she faced him, blueviolet gaze locked upon his features. The low cut of her gown showed how difficult breathing was as her breasts rose and fell, and her lips were slightly parted.

Waiting for him to speak she pondered, if only briefly, how she must've sounded to him. Like a spoiled brat princess who wasn't getting her way. And in some ways he'd be right to think that. She wasn't actually spoiled as far as princesses went, but compared to a warrior or a peasant she probably would seem to be exttremely spoiled. He'd worn out her short supply of patience with how withdrawn he was from her, after all they were betrothed. Even if both hated the idea it couldn't be changed and he'd have to give her attention if he ever wanted anything..she just would rather have the attention sooner rather than later. This was obvious. She also couldn't help but think how bipolar he made her act, one moment revealing her secret to him and the next yelling at him. But maybe that was the source of her anger,, she'd shown him a very private part of herself and he'd dismissed it as "good." This was probably the worst thing, at least in her eyes. During these fleeting thoughts her gaze never changed and never left him.

It seemed she was not at all pleased with his compliment towards her garden, she took so much pride in such a thing he could see it all in her face yet he wondered if she realized how much that compliment actually meant. Dante was not exactly one who would hand out compliments often, if he gave even a small compliment it was a good thing but she seemed to think it was a horrible thing which was not be surprising as she probably thought he was just being rude. Now she began to speak about how he was more than just a barbarian who knew about killing and death but asked if he knew which of the plants she could poison him with, he nodded his head as he knew three or four poisons that was it though as he often liked to kill someone directly. From the hard look in her eyes and the cold tone that came with it he suspected she was telling the truth about trying to poison him but that did not mean she would actually do it seeing as if he died by poison Arthuria would decimate her country easily. Even if they found no foul play on their side Arthuria would take over simply because that way they would find the poisoner would be found, she knew that his country was quite barbaric in certain areas so she would know that would indeed happen. She spoke again now saying that most likely even her threats would probably not break his calm demeanor and she was right, he had been stabbed in the chest before and still he did not hesitate to grab the blade and slice open the neck of his enemy. He looked at her without a break in his demeanor, he had no reason to break it as this was the way he was and there was nothing that would ever change that in him as he was the only person he would ever listen to. As he looked at her he could see that she was having trouble breathing thanks to the very tight corset around her midsection, he found those things to be ridiculous as if a woman needed those then she was ashamed of her own body and trying to keep it under wraps. Sita had hardly a need for those and probably only wore them because it was to be expected of her, that was another thing that annoyed him with most royalty as the majority of them chose to follow what others wanted them to so they could be popular or liked by their followers.

"You seem to have misunderstood my words" he said in a monotone voice now, "when I say a compliment one should be grateful they even got it as you should have learned by now I don't often give them out". He said in a bored voice almost as he was tired of being so nice to her seeing as this was the best he could get to being nice to anyone. "If you would like I could have said your garden was an arena of garbage that no one wants to come near, I could have said nothing rather than saying it was good if you would like that to happen more often please let me know". He said in a mocking tone now but so cold it was, "you ask what you have to do to get my attention and to that I ask why do you want it?". "Is it my attention you crave alone or do you just want everyone to pay attention to the spoiled princess who threatens to poison when she doesn't get what she wants?" he asked in the same cold yet bored tone. This was probably just going to throw more fuel on the fire for her or maybe she would just go out like a candle flame in the wind, who knew he thought and he did not care.

As he spoke to her she only felt her anger grow, she didn't care if his compliments were sparse..this garden deserved better, she knew it did. "Because you don't know how to be nice for once second. I don't care what others think of me, but you..well I have to spend the rest of my fucking life with you. Not my choice, but hey according to you everything always goes my way so I must be dying to be with you." her sarcasm was obvious as she spat the words at him, looking very much like an angry cat now one that would be hissing and spitting. Shaking slightly with the powerful anger in her veins she stepped forward to him, challenging him with the positioning of her body in relation to his. "I think you're the spoiled brat here Dante. You wanted to go to battle, you went to battle. You want to kill someone you kill them. You want to get out of something, you find a way out. Take a look in the mirror before calling me a spoiled brat you bastard." Her words were cold now, as if her anger burned into a core of ice. She didn't care that her words were befitting of a sailor versus a princess, and she didn't care that he was probably going to hate her.

Sita's eyes were narrowed as she waited for his reaction to her statements. She'd answered his question about why she wanted his attention and she'd insulted him, hopefully with the truth. She was tired of his demeanor and she wanted to see something else. If he walked away she wouldn't be surprised, though he didn't seem the kind of man to take insults lightly, judging by his reaction when she'd insulted him earlier before dinner. Still standing close to him she felt the urge to shove him backwards and bare his sword to his throat, make him feel helpless. She knew this was unrealistic and instead kept her glare and position still and focused on him. Waiting with tense apprehension.

Dante now was more than a little annoyed with his bride to be who did not seem to understand that he rarely gave out compliments to anyone or anything, he had seen a lot of things in his day and he was not an easily excited person so her garden was lucky to get the rating of good in this case. She had some willpower to her and he liked that he would rather have her a little feisty than a cowering dainty princess who would no look him in the eyes when she spoke, that being said she was still going too far in her anger he thought as she said that he could not be nice. He thought he would allow her to continue without a reaction but she practically spat her words at him, he frowned now and his eyes hardened to that chilling emotion of nothingness that he often felt, she now even went as far as to call him the spoiled brat for doing what he wanted. Once she finished her words he actually turned away like he was just going to walk away before turning with the speed of a snake, his hand flashed out instantly for her, this time it was no mere touch or grab of the chin his strong calloused hand wrapped around her throat. It was a firm grip one that signaled he could crush her throat in one small movement if he wished as he looked into her eyes all she would see an an arctic calm that had yet to be shattered, "you forget your place, you might be royalty that has never been harmed before but continue speaking to me in such a way and that will change very quickly" he said in a serious tone. He gave a light squeeze to her throat now and then released her throat so she could relax once again before stepping back in case she attempted to swing at him though he doubted she would.

"You call me spoiled? well let me ask you this does a spoiled brat live on bread and water for three weeks while sitting in the rain and mud as a castle is under siege? does a spoiled brat take two arrows to the body and then an hour late rejoin the battle?" he asked in a chilling tone. "I have never been spoiled a day in my life, and do you want to know why? well you can learn that right now" he said in a mocking tone before slamming his foot so hard into the ground it could be heard echoing throughout the garden. "I have never been spoiled because I don't want to become some puppet reliant on advisers or others to make my choices, I don't want to be paraded around like some object for people to look at!" he suddenly yelled for the first time. "Would you rather I was one of those pathetic prince's that uses his father's name to act haughty or prideful? would you like me to dress in the finest of silks and jewels while telling you how beautiful you are? I would rather cut off my fighting arm than be such a man" his tone back to a low chilling one as he stared into her eyes unflinching.

She almost smirked as he turned away from her, those cold eyes leaving hers, only to bore into her again as his hand wrapped around her throat before she could duck out of the way. Barely a squeak left her as he held her, his fingers digging into tender flesh but not deep enough to make her truely fear for her life. Appreciate his strength and quickness yes, be afraid of her life..no. He couldn't harm her without bringing the hell of two angry kingdoms down on him. She wanted to tell him that he wouldn't dare, but then again with a barbarian like him she couldn't be sure. And he wasn't releasing her throat to let her get the words out anyways. Instead his grip was angering her again, making her blood boil and she indeed tried to punch him as he pulled away from her. It wasn't some sissy girl slap but a full punch that was aimed at him, her brother had taught her well, and though she missed with his movement away from her it was obvious that the contact would've at least been decent considering her stature. His words met her ears and she stepped back crossing her arms with disdain.

"Well well well Dante. I finally see what gets under your skin." Sita smirked as if all had been revealed to her and she began to circle him, looking at him very much like he was prey, somehow knowing this would irritate him further. "You don't want to be seen as spoiled because you're afraid to be seen as less of a man. Logical of course. But then again, wouldn't a man confident in his..lets be polite and say endowment here.. also be confident enough to dress to the nines and win the hearts..and beds..of all the girls? I must wonder if your urge to join and travel to battle is born of something more..secret. A forbidden desire maybe?" Her lips twitched in her smirk as she looked at him, hinting rather obviously at the fact that homosexual relationships were more than frowned upon within these kingdoms. "Tell me Dante, how would your father react to finding his son's true desire? Say if his bride to be shared her doubts with him." Mentally she added..check and mate. She was feeling victorious as she looked at him, feeling as if she were holding a metaphorical sword to his throat. Either her threat would get him to pay attention to her in the way of begging her not to spread false rumors about him or win his attentions in the manner to keep his desires a secret. Either way she would get the attention she desired from him. No other options crossed her mind, she was sure that this ploy would work, that he would be forced to take one of those paths in dealing with her. She wasn't usually narrowminded, as her brother the soldier had taught her, to not see all the options was to set yourself up for failure.

Dante figured his little speech would show her that he did not want to be like a caged bird locked away forever, but as he finished speaking he could see in her eyes that she was far from understanding such a thing, he could feel the air whip around his head as she missed with her punch and knew that even if that had been just an open handed slap it would have hurt. Again he admired the ferocity she could summon at will unlike most women especially princess's, but he also noted that she actually raised a hand to him and that would be rectified in due time he thought calmly. When that smirk came to her lips he knew that he had some trouble coming his way now, she thought she understood him and yet she did not know a thing about him, she like others had assumed he went to battle as nothing but a barbarian man wanting to see blood and death. That was not at all why he went to battle or war with others, death was a part of life as such Dante never feared such a thing it was the battling or fighting to the death that validated his existence, while others faded to dust and were forgotten he the blood prince would be known long after his bones had withered away. Maybe his biggest fear was not the act of being killed but the thought of being forgotten like he never existed in the world in the first place, that was a fate worse than death for him.

Her smirk was quite annoying but of course he did not let that show on his face after all he would not allow her to see anything further of his true emotion, she was not one that could understand such things for she had never experienced them before. Now as he listened to her words he could only think of acid falling from her lips, the words could have made the average man flinch or become riddled with rage waiting to backhand her right away. But he did not interrupt her at all there was no need to, he could overreact and she would feel that she had won or he could do the thing she hated most and keep himself quite calm as he almost always did. Though in all actuality he was not calm and the thought of drawing his blade and just taking her head off was quite appealing, but that would be far too messy and well there was the treaty to think of so he would keep that thought far from mind. Instead he would something far more devious to her one that she would remember forever, he now gave her a cold smile "a secret desire you say? very funny I must admit" his voice cold as a glacier now as he stepped towards her slowly. "You see you are the first and only person that will ever be able to say such a thing because any other will be killed on the spot by me, but what you should remember is one day I will be king and a king can do anything even if it is killing his wife". He said this with a dead serious tone as he stepped into her space now so they were but inches from each other, "as for my desires being secret well that was your thought not fact so continue pushing and you'll find out what I can actually do first hand".

She watched him carefully..only to find that his reaction was less than anything she'd expected. The calmness he displayed made her want to stamp her feet and screech like a little child throwing a tantrum for not getting her way. Okay maybe she was a little spoiled sometimes. Sita managed to control herself, mimicking how well he was in control, noting how he never even flinched at her brazen accusations. As he smiled she actually shivered, that smile would be cold to ice, and involuntarily stepped back from him. As he continued to step closer she had to force herself to hold her ground, concentrating on his words instead of the look he was giving to her. "How comforting knowing I'll be sleeping with a man who can kill me." Her retort was icy and more meant to fill the silence than to mean anything. She was trying to hold back the urge that his last comment had awoken in her.

Sita closed the last few centimeters and gave into temptation, placing both hands on his chest and using most of her weight to shove him roughly backwards. "Push like that?" she smirked saucily, she'd known exactly what he meant but chose to take the words literally versus figuratively. Even as she was pushing him she was wondering what was going to happen. She wouldn't be surprised if she had to pay for her action, but she'd done less thinking than acting so really she'd deserve it. Then again he could just walk away and not put proof behind his words that he'd act. That didn't seem the most likely option but it was one that was possible. With his glacier calm it was practically impossible to tell that she was getting anywhere with him, and she was hoping this would give her a definable result..like the throat grab. It would be a rare glimpse into this man, and she liked getting the glimpses..even at her own consequence.

Dante could see that she was beginning to rethink her confrontation with him, she was not used to people arguing with her like he was doing now, not to mention he could kill her in an instant if he pleased if she pushed too much. This kind of thing was trivial to him after all he would prefer to kill someone rather than sling insults at them but in this case he would have to curb that feeling unless he wished to see a war between his country and hers. That made him look thoughtful as well that might actually be the way out of all of this he thought to himself with that cold smile, if he killed her he was home free and her parents would want him dead of course he family would say no and war would be declared and he would get to fight again. So far he was not seeing a down side to this but then thoughts of his father exiling him brought that idea to a halt, if he was exiled there would be no war for him to fight in and that would be useless, now his attention was once again brought back to the spoiled princess as she came back with an icy tone that did nothing to phase Dante. She would find nothing but that arctic smile of his as he stared into her eyes, her words had done little to him so far and he had only shown once a break in his calmness.

As she stepped forward and suddenly pushed him backwards he regained his balance and stared at her with oh so cold eyes, as she smirked at him he gave her a very hard look, he walked back towards her and without a single word he reached forward and grasped both her wrists easily in his strong grip using quick movements. He pushed her backwards now and followed her with his body until he had her pressed against the wall, his face but inches from hers as he stared into her eyes calmly "you were given a warning and instead of heeding it you charged headfirst into trouble" he said softly. "Now you get to reap the consequences of your actions princess" he said her title with a venomous mocking edge, "you questioned my manhood and my sexuality so now you can see how much I have hidden as you said". He spoke calmly still though his face was hard and cold still as his body pressed against hers easily, "and the beautiful thing is since this is all secret to you and me there will be no one to help you", he said that with an almost sadistic gleefulness now.

Sita got much more than she expected as she suddenly found herself pinned against the wall by his grip on her wrists and his body pressed right up against her own frame. His cold voice and eyes weren't reflected in the heat that she could feel radiating from his body being so close to her own, not to mention the feel of his breath against her cheek as he spoke to her from such a short distance away. She swallowed hard, not really caring about what he was saying to her until the last of his words crossed his lips. Her secret and happy place could easily wind up destroyed by his actions, or the memory of his actions. She wasn't so much worried about what he would do to her..she'd be able to handle it..but what would happen to her idea of this place. Words begging him to reconsider almost crossed her lips before she stopped herself. She refused to be one of those weak females who begged their way out of something mere seconds after getting themselves into it. She'd at least have to struggle through for a little bit. And speaking of struggle, Sita suddenly felt she was letting him restrain her with too much ease.

Even with his body so close to hers she had enough room to manuver her leg into a better position. She wasn't able to raise her knee enough to hit him in the groin but she was at least able to drive her knee into the base of his and then quickly aim at his shin. Also using her body to buck and struggled against his, trying her best to break his hold on her and get him out of position. It was hard though with the way he'd restrained her, taking away a lot of her already meager upper body strength. Still she struggled against him, losing to him was better than just giving up and letting him do whatever he wanted. Though she had a sinking feeling that when she lost he was still going to do whatever he wanted, irregardless. The worst part of the whole thing? She'd brought all of this down upon herself, and she knew it.

Dante looked into her eyes calmly now though they were so cold some might think he was angry with her, it was true he was quite upset by her words and actions as he felt she had caused the whole confrontation needlessly. He could see her throat flex and then relax as she swallowed signaling she was worried about what he was doing, he grinned a little seeing how much control he had over her now she could not get away from him. Well she might not be able to get away but she was more than willing to struggle against him he thought as she suddenly moved her leg while tugging against his hands to distract him, the next move came as a knee to the top of his shin driving a hiss of pain from him. Her petite frame tried to overpower his but that would never work so his grip tightened down and his eyes showed that he truly was the blood prince, even now as she hit his shin once again he let out a sound of pain but there was no look of pain crossing his feature. His hard eyes stared into hers easily as he pressed forward against her body more so now, there was not an inch of space between them now and she was stuck without anything to move, this was a man who has been cut, stabbed, even poisoned once which nearly killed him.

She might have hurt him with those kicks and knee's but it was nothing compared to what he had felt before, "you seem to think you can stop me with such petty actions princess, how foolish of you" he said in that same irritating calm voice. Suddenly she would feel herself flipped around and her front pressed against the wall, he had to make sure she couldn't try that again for as tough as Dante might be even he knew a man's true weakness lay between the legs. She would feel his groin now pressing against her firm bottom from behind and his warm breath on her neck as he bit her ear ever so lightly, one might think he was playing with her as a cat would with a mouse before it ate it. Her wrists would be pressed down by his hands so she could not reach back to scratch his face or grab at his hair though he was certain she was more likely to attempt a hit than a scratch or grab, "any words left in that loose lipped mouth of yours now Sita?" he asked almost playfully.

The hisses of pain he emitted brought a pleased smirk to her features, even if she wasn't freed from his grasp she'd at least proved that he couldn't do what he wanted without a little consequence. Her gaze narrowed darkly as he pressed closer to her, his words ice as he spoke to her so calmly. Sita wished she could break the calm of his voice, it was eerie now that he could be so composed when she was trying so hard to break it. It made her wonder if she really did want to break that composure, thinking that maybe it would be the last thing she ever did. As he spun her around she hissed softly, feeling her chest and cheek pressed hard against the cold stone of the wall. The fact that his groin was resting against her derriere irked her, there was no movement she could make without him assuming she was a harlot. The bite to her ear made her whole body freeze, lest she shiver from that touch, while his tigher grip on her wrists made her rotate her shoulders as she winced at the pressure. And still the man had the arrogance to speak to her. He knew he was in control and still he wanted more.

"I'd say fuck you but I'm worried a cad like you would take too much pleasure from those words." she snapped out, her voice not quite the icy tone she'd been looking for. Sita knew it wasn't her best comeback, or her best choice of phrase but given the situation he had her in she excused herself from the lack of verbal prowess. She briefly contemplated throwing her head back against his but decided against it, marks on his face if she did make contact would be quite difficult to explain without incriminating herself for taunting him. After all men were allowed to deal with women this way but a woman raising a hand..or head..to a man would be deemed most improper, even moreso with her royal status. She wished she could say something along the lines of "wait until my father hears about this," but she didn't want to be seen as a tattletale or reap the reprecussions that her father would bestow. Instead, her tongue was held and her body stilled, as she waited for him to realize she was done for the moment. The moment might not last long so she hoped he'd be grateful and release her.

Dante had chosen this exact position because of two reasons, the first reason was that like this there was very little she could do to hurt him even if she threw her head back he could just lower his own head to make sure she would only hurt herself. The second reason was because with this position he had complete control over her, she could not move without him letting her he grinned a little more as she winced at the pressure of his hands. As she spoke he listened without a single change of emotion which soon turned to a laugh a chilling laugh right in her ear, there was nothing that could make him laugh he thought but she still had the gall to fight with her words now that she could not fight with him physically. That was when she would feel the grip of his hands on her wrists release suddenly and the pressure of his body from hers as he turned and walked back a few steps, "you are quite interesting I must admit" he said in that same calm tone as he sat down on one of the stone benches behind them. He rested his chin in his hand while his elbow rested on his thigh like none of that little confrontation had happened, sure he could have forced himself on her without problem if he wanted to as even if she said he raped her no one would bother to listen.

But that would be pointless he told himself with an eerie calmness still loitering around him as he just looked at her, she would come to him and he knew why. She would come to him eventually because she wanted something more than this calm that he seemed to give off, she would ask for his attention she would crave it as he would give her none it was a simple process that was easily detected but not always easily avoided. "Interesting but rather easy to predict I must say that as well" he commented while leaning back on the stone bench, right now was how he was supposed to look, in control with a face that could not be read for even a trace of human emotion. "Your physical actions hurt but not enough to stop me and you use words to try and fill the void of silence and awkwardness that comes with it, it would have been all to easy to fuck you right then and there but at the moment that sounds rather boring" he said like he was dismissing an idea for fun.

Her spine tingled as he laughed beside her ear at her words, the sound colder than even his gaze, something she hadn't thought possible. But the proof was in the action. Her frame relaxed as the pressure was removed from it and her wrists. She refused to rub away the feel of his fingers, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he'd made an impression. As she watched him sit down on the stone bench as if nothing had happened her fury rose again. Even the admission that she was interesting did nothing to soothe her. Wounded pride, and her inability to break him were both infuriating her to a point where she was gonna be hard pressed to calm down anytime soon. The dissection and dismissal of her actions that came next only served to worsen the situation in her opinion. The fact that he dismissed fucking her as boring..well that was one straw too many. Words flooded her mouth, but she chose to keep them all in, just staring at him with a cold gaze as she contemplated what she wanted to say..or do..to him. At the moment each thing on her mental list of choices was bound to get her in trouble with someone so she settled instead for forcing herself to calm down. Hiding her firey anger behind a curtain of ice she looked at him calmly now.

"Don't stop being a warrior Dante. Your mind-reading skills are rather lacking." She paused before continuing. "I'm not some puppet who will act as you please when you please. When you predict one thing, I'll do another. Just to prove you wrong." Her gaze chilled more before she straightened up. "Fetch me tomorrow for lunch." She spoke the words calmly, well aware that she was giving him an order, before turning and slipping out of the garden. The door would lock automatically so she wasn't worried about him being the last one in there. She knew he could expose her secret or ruin the garden but something told her he'd pick a more personal form of vengence before choosing that one. She wandered back through the garden quickly, finding the secret door to get to her chambers and pausing there briefly, looking back in the direction of her own, wondering about the man she was supposed to marry. Wondering how to get his attention, and also wondering whether it was going to be worth what she had to do to earn it. Both questions she was sure would keep her awake.

Dante was a good reader of people mainly because he himself was able to stay calm in even some of the most dire situations, so reading her was all too easy the anger she felt right now she tried to hide behind a tough facade though she had already revealed that she was easily upset by his comments. It was a sign that he was already within her head, she wanted to be praised or have things that she had done praised by him, his comment of her garden only being good showed that she wanted more than just a passing comment she wanted his approval. He smiled a bit as he knew as far as mental wars went she was already losing because unlike her he did not seek her approval or even her attention, he could ignore her until the end of days and nothing would change for him in fact it might be better for him especially if she was going to act like this often with him. He wondered if perhaps he should just let her see a different side of him maybe to placate this obsession with finding some other emotion besides calm with him, but at the same time he said that he would not change for anyone and he meant that. His father had tried to get him to wear a crown once and when he told him no he got angry and tried to put the crown on Dante's head, most do not speak of it but that was the day Dante put his father on the floor with a nasty right hook.

It was to this day that his father never tried to push him into anything else at least that was the case before this marriage came along, the thing was Dante understood the importance of the treaty and how it could help both sides. His country would get better weapons, clothing, food, everything really while Sita's country would get an armed force that would rise to their aid if they should ever need it, though he wouldn't have minded fighting with her country if it came to it he could still see their value. As she spoke of not being a puppet he nodded his head and then smiled at her with a predatory gaze almost, before she managed to slip out she would hear one phrase said "what if that is what I want you to do?". After she left he walked out as well with the intention of going to sleep but he decided to wander around the castle a bit before bed, his father had said the ceremony for the wedding and even possibly the honeymoon would be in this country so he would have to get used to it after all. As he passed the servants quarters he could hear several grunts and moans that signaled someone in trouble or someone being fucked, in this case Dante would guess the latter as he made his way to his bedroom now.

His final words haunted her throughout her journey back to the castle and throughout the night. Her sleep was fitful as she tossed and turned with the heat of the argument still simmering in her veins. Who did he think he was to come here and expect her to do as he wished without giving her any prior motive? The question would keep her jaw clenched and her mind churning as the darkness gained more depth. By the time light was creating the edges to her room she was already up, pacing her bedchamber absently. Finally she decided that a good ride would clear her mind. Sita walked to her closet and pulled out her violet ridng habit. Slipping on the tall black boots and grabbing her gloves she checked that the door wouldn't sqeak when she closed it. The maids would hear it and be upon her in an instant if that were to happen. Her fingers wove her tresses into a tight braid before picking up the cloak that would hide her presence. The hood concealed her face and the rich material would keep her warm during the morning's chill. Stealth was something she achieved with ease as she safely made it out of the castle and into the stables.

Her mare nickered softly as she scented her owner in the doorway. Sita smiled and brought the creature an apple before moving to fetch the tack she needed. After brushing the mare's dappled steel coat she placed the tack on and led the horse out of the stable. The thoroughbred danced, making her hooves echo more loudly than usual. Sita winced and quickly got the mare to the grassy side paddock. "Easy Kariuki." The horse's name was the desert people's word for "born again" and it was how Sita felt when she was on the mare's back. It had been a phrase she'd used when trying the horse and the name had stuck. Easily her light frame was lifted into the saddle, thankful her riding habit allowed her to ride normally instead of side-seat as she had to in parades, and she cantered out of the yard. She took a trail that she knew well, enjoying the soft blanket of fog that was starting to lift with the touch of the sunlight. As she rode her mind cleared, all thoughts leaving her. Bringing herself to an oasis that she'd discovered she slipped off Kariuki and loosely tied her to a tree. Slipping her cloak off she spread it on the ground and laid her frame upon the soft material. Her now peaceful mind relaxed and she drifted off to sleep, shaded by the tree and lulled by the soft lap of water from the pool before her.

Dante had a rather uneventful sleep as he usually did, occasionally he woke due to the smallest of sounds thanks to years on the battlefield one developed skills that were unneeded if not annoying in a peaceful area. But for the most part he managed to get enough sleep to awake in the morning just a little after the sun had risen, most of the servants had not even awoke yet but a few had so he walked out of his room and grabbed the nearest one. "I will be in the courtyard if anyone asks for me you will send them to the courtyard understand?" he asked in a rather firm tone, the servant said that he could not do such a thing as it would be incredibly rude of him "then say that Dante told you anyone who seeks to punish you will have to punish me instead". With that the servant nodded quickly and was sent on his way while Dante headed to the courtyard in a pair of pants and a simple wool shirt, of course his sword was with him but in his hands rather than at his waist as he had not felt like putting the blade on. A rather ominous sight one might think if they saw a young man with a cold face and blood red hair walking down the halls with a blade in hand as if ready to strike down those who opposed him openly.

Luckily there were too few out in the halls at the time to cause an uproar as he made his way to the main courtyard, the ominous sight of him made only worse by the curtain of fog that was in the castle grounds. He had not a care for the fog he was simply here to practice his swordsmanship in solitude, unlike the princess he did not have to walk around with a guard if he wanted to do something. Almost everyone here knew that he would probably be able to kill any man that stood against him, now the shirt came off as he would get hot quickly. Well his handsome feature were that of a prince his body was not, most were skinny or big but not him he was of lean body with wiry muscles. Under clothing that could barely be seen but without the clothing he would seem able to take any man regardless the size. Unlike his face the skin was not near perfect it was covered with numerous scars the likes of which could make anyone flinch with sympathy. The worst of them was a jagged scar that ran from his right shoulder to his left hip, it was where a battle axe had ripped through armor to pierce flesh nearly killing him. He managed to stab the man in the throat but Dante always considered that a loss as he was nearly killed by the huge barbarian warrior.

There was no way of telling what time it was when Sita woke but, judging by the sun, she guessed it to be about lunch. Her sleepy mind barely had time to process that thought before her heart skipped a beat and her frame leapt from the ground. If she missed lunch..she would be dead. Her parents would kill her. Today was the day they would be signing the treaty, something which required her signature at the very least. The treaty wouldn't be truely in effect until she and Dante stood at the altar but the signing held the significance that both countries were completely willing to participate. Sita untied her mare and led her down to the water, letting the horse get a quick drink as she splashed the cool water on her face. Quickly she swung into the saddle and asked the horse for speed. She only slowed the mare from the breakneck gallop as they neared the stable yard, bringing the mare to a collected canter. Just because she was worried about being late didn't mean she needed everyone else to know. The horse's hooves on the stone in the yard announced her presence and the grooms all looked up from their tasks to smile or wave. Of the royals, she was their favorite. She always took care of her mounts and didn't expect them to do what really was the rider's job. This time was no exception. Even running late she took the time to untack and brush Kariuki herself. The mare already had food and water so Sita was able to grab a passing groom to inquire about the time. "Missed the lunch call about 10 ticks ago." He knew better to use her title but still his tone was polite. His eyes averted from hers, though his smirk wasn't hidden, as she began to curse aloud. A steady torrent of words flowing from her lips. "You'd do better to get there than stand here cussin 'bout bein late girl." He gave her a gentle push in the direction of the castle.

Quick steps carried her toward the building as she debated what route to take. Sneakig in through one of the passage ways seemed to be the best idea for her. Hopefully she would be able to sneak in without anyone reporting her mysterious appearance, or being apprehended by her parents. They wouldn't make a scene in front of their guests. She underestimated her father however, as she ran smack into him in her passageway. "SITA DELANEY HAVERICK" The use of her middle name stopped her in her tracks. "What were you thinking?! You KNEW your presence was REQUIRED for this meeting and you still didn't even make an EFFORT to be on time or appropriately dressed! Just because you have no use for the prince doesn't mean our country doesn't! It will be a miracle if you don't ruin this completely before the wedding. This is your ONE AND ONLY chance at finding a man to put up with your DESPICABLE behavior. And even he's being FORCED to." His emphasis was simply louder yelling, as if he had forgotten that his already loud voice was sure to be carrying to those seated around the table on the other side of the door. Or he was trying to humiliate her, something she was trying hard to resist giving in to. He saw the tell-tale twitch in her jaw and jerked her chin up, forcing her to look into his eyes. "Remember this. You mess this up, you will be disowned." His voice was low and venemous. "Now get your ass in there and behave." He hissed out, throwing the door open and striding into the chamber. Sita scrambled to take a few deep breaths before steeling her features into a calm mask.

"The girl has finally decided to join us." The king's voice had a light lilt to it, like he was trying to make a joke. The face of the queen though clearly told both the king and Sita that the event had not gone unheard. Sita's eyes were blank, not allowing herself to look at anyone as she took her seat. "I'm sure she has a good reason and apology." The king's voice threatened. Sita's chin tipped upward obstinately and their advisor quickly cleared his throat and filled the silence with talk of the treaty. Sita's eyes never moved from the advisor's face. She hadn't even taken note of who she was seated beside, or if Dante was present. She sat in silence, trying to pretend that everyone hadn't just heard the way he'd spoken to her. If she didn't look at them, it hadn't happened.

Dante was not present at said meeting much to the anger of his father and his mother instead he was still in the courtyard, he had spent most of the early morning there by himself swinging the blade until his body was covered in a sheen of sweat. But he was no longer alone instead there was a gathering of soldiers around Dante now, many wanted to see who it was out so early in the morning swinging his blade so swiftly that each cut sounded like the wind. Many were rather nervous to be speaking to the prince for they had heard the rumors that he was the evil blood prince who would slaughter anyone who even dared look into his eyes, though it was all foolish rumors which they soon learned from the man himself. The men were easier to get along with when they were nervous compared to the nobles, at least with these men if you gave an honest opinion they didn't look appalled that you had a mind of your own he thought to himself as he chatted with them for a few moments. The chatting was broken through by a rather burly man who thought to challenge the so called warrior prince to a duel to test his swordsmanship, Dante accepted with a wicked gleam in his eyes as this was the first time that he would be able to do something he truly enjoyed. The beginning was a simple test between the two of them, little thrusts or feints that made the men around them flinch with anticipation of the first strike to come.

Dante was grinning now as the burly man struck first with a powerful overhand chop, Dante met his blade in mid stride the impact of their swords causing sparks to fly literally in this case. They shoved each other back and loud clangs could be heard as the blades parried and deflected one another over and over. Dante had to admit the man was good but unfortunately he used too much power in his swings, Dante could already feel his arms becoming numb from the impacts so he had to change strategy. The next heavy blow that came he spun to the side to avoid it and drove a kick into the man's side knocking him to the ground before bringing his own blade down at the man's chest. The burly man barely managed to bring his blade up in time to stop the Prince's blade from technically killing him, this surprised Dante who tried to force his sword down further now but the man had enormous strength even from the ground he managed to resist quite well. God how he missed this feeling he thought as he suddenly moved the blade to the side so both blades were tossed to the side, then without warning Dante's head reared back and he slammed his forehead into the forehead of the man below him.

The result was an instant knock out and a lot of blood spewing forth from the cut on Dante's forehead now, but instead of getting upset he laughed while standing up. Of course his laugh was interrupted by a rather furious roar, the kind that a warrior sent to an enemy but instead this was Dante's father roaring at him for being so irresponsible. He had come out of the meeting to find his own child and due to the clanging of metal upon metal they had been easy to find. Dante's grin was gone replaced with that cold almost emotionless expression once more which gave him a chilling look as half his face was covered in blood. Then he did something completely unexpected he walked towards his father and stopped an arm's length from him. His eyes suddenly came ablaze with rage "shut up!" he yelled just before delivering a right cross to his father the king right in the courtyard where everyone could see, his father fell to the ground surprised more than hurt at his son's actions. Dante now walked back towards the soldiers who were sitting there in shock, "had a fun time boys do come by again in the morning for a good fight" he said in a cheerful tone with an almost mad smile upon his lips as he grabbed his wool shirt and sword before walking back towards his room as if nothing had happened.

Sita, when she allowed her sight to return to herself, realized that Dante hadn't shown up either. The pairs of king and queen were murmuring about how perfect their disgraceful children were for eachother. Jokes were made that when it was their turn to rule heaven forbid anything got done on time. Sita's had followed Dante's father out, starting a conversation with him in hopes of avoiding her own father. Watching her husband to be's sword skills, she'd fallen quiet and wandered away from the King absently. He was good, and it was easy to see that his battles had been won with payment of his own blood. The scars he bore were proof of that. As he knocked his father to the ground with the right cross a happy smirk blazed across her features. She feverently wished she'd been able to do that to her father when he'd been yelling at her. Laughing she slipped into a passage that would lead to Dante's room. Making herself comfortable in his chair, she had the maid set out a plain towel and pitcher of water. She would help Dante clean up if he wished, if not she would simply sit in peace.

The servant gave her a curious look. "You know it is improper to be here with him alone." Sita's gaze went cold. "This is my business and you will mind your own." The boy's lip curled as he sneered at her. "You're really going to impress him acting like a bitch. Though the way your father treats you, you're no better than one." Sita bit down on her lip hard as she was out of the chair before she knew it. Her knuckles were tingling and the boy was on the floor. Her punch had surprised him and he'd tripped over the hearth. "You say anything like that to me again and you'll be gone. Don't you forget who you're speaking to again." Her voice was ice as she lowered herself back down into the chair, hoping the boy would be gone before Dante returned.

Dante was tired but is was not a physical tiring he was simply emotionally tired of sitting around this peaceful pace with all the peaceful people and their wealth that made them so much better than everyone. He had a code of honor on the battlefield you watch my back I watch yours, but here in the political world of treaties and trades everyone was willing to stab everyone in the back to get a better deal rather than working for it. Now as he walked down the halls in nothing but a pair of pants with a sword in hand and blood dripping from his forehead down to the floor many scattered in front of him, he wanted nothing more than to return to the battlefield away from this place as he had nothing to do here. And when he did finally find something to do it seemed that he was yelled at for it by a man who could no longer understand the invigorating feeling of being in a life or death battle with those who wished to kill him to survive or gain glory. There it was only fight and live there was no signing of paper to make things better, there was no chance to use clever word to stop a blade from cutting you in half.

He could taste the blood in his mouth nearly every bit of his face covered in it, as he got to his door a boy came out bumping into him and got the scare of his life as he looked into the bloodied cold face of Prince Dante. He did not even stop to say sorry he simply ran off as quickly as possible, as he looked into his room he saw Sita now and he said nothing shutting the door behind him now. "Are you here to lecture me about not being at a meeting that means nothing to me as well?" he asked curiously as he sat down on the edge of his bed while pressing the wool shirt to the cut on his forehead. Blasted head wounds always bled the most for some reason he thought to himself as he waited for the answer from Sita, he expected her to be cold and angry as she had been last night when he complimented her garden.

She didn't rise as Dante entered, though she did swallow a little rough at the amount of blood on his forehead. As he sat down across from her she crossed to the fire and picked up the water that was warming there and the cloth. "No." The word was simple and pretty much all she wanted to give him though her words would continue a moment after, if only to give her something to do. "I was more than late. Father yelled..a lot. I just wish I could've given the right cross that you did." Her smirk was friendly this time, almost conspiring. Her hands dipped the towel just enough to dampen it as she wiped away the blood that ran from beneath his shirt. When his face was clean she folded a new towel into a pad and offered it to him in exchange for the shirt. "Contrary to what you might think. I didn't want this." The words came out before she could stop them. They were words she'd been forbidden to say. Turning away from him she went to his closet. Pulling out another shirt for him she brought it, laying it neatly next to him.

"If you need stitches I'd recommend asking one of the seamstresses and not the physician. He doesn't know what he's doing and can't sew a straight line if he wanted to." Her comment was given in an off hand manner as she sank back down into his chair, putting distance between them as she regarded him with a neutral stare. Her mood was still fairly blank after having so many highs and lows within the day. Pulling her feet up she curled into the chair, her eyes leaving him and staring into the fire.

Dante was a little surprised as she came over to him with that wet cloth while answering no to his question, she explained that she had been late as well but unlike him she couldn't give a right cross as he did. "Unfortunately we are both in this situation because of our parents wanting our countries to be one, I will hear much of the punch I delivered to my father just moments ago seeing that he is still the bloody king even if in only title" he said with an edge of annoyance. As she lay his shirt next to him he noted that she was much less volatile than before and he wondered if that was because she had seen his true personality or because she had realized that he was not a pampered prince that would eventually give into her wants. "The wound will not require stitches it is a simple scratch but even the tiniest of scratches upon the head or face seem to bleed far more than others" he said as he pressed the pad onto his forehead now stopping anymore of the crimson liquid to cascade down his features.

He enjoyed his time in the courtyard with the soldiers but knew he would get an earful as soon as the ruckus in the castle died down, he hadn't hit father since the Argonian war three years ago. He had insisted they try and call peace with them but when they sent liaisons to speak with them they returned without their heads, one of them had been a childhood friend of Dante's so he was naturally upset he and his men set out the next day with a single an proper saying, an eye for an eye. They had slaughtered every Argonian troop that they had come in contact with surrender or not, his dark thoughts shaken away as he looked at the room he was in a little flashback which did not improve his mood. "I'm going outside of the castle in a bit I don't want to deal with this tediousness" he said half to himself and half to the princess that sat not even a room's length from him.

She watched him as he seemed lost in though, his face drawing up into an even darker expression than the one he previously wore. His words sparked some interest in her, maybe she could show him to some of her places and let him see that she wasn't the spoiled brat he believed her to be. She shrugged lightly before offering up her option. "We could take a ride and I could show you some of our land. I'm sure you'd like to scout it out in case your "wife" disobeys and you have to take over the country." Her jest was lighthearted as she smiled at him. A joke to cover the seriousness of her desire to have him go with her. She would like to see his skills on horseback, assuming his country rode. If not, well then maybe she'd have something to teach him so that he could see a different side to her. A smirk drew up the corners of her mouth as she wandered over to sit beside him now, "I'm sure our parents would just die of happiness if we were to miss the treaty dinner as well." Her eyes sparked mischeviously as she looked at him, surely this would entice him even more to follow her.

As she paused to give him time to respond she tried to guess who he would pick to ride. Probably some black stallion that he could creep around at night with, scouring the land. Though maybe a dark bay would be more to his liking, less mythic wonder surrounding that color as compared to the black. The image of him picking out the most dull horse in the barn just to avoid looking pretentious made her giggle softly to herself before straightening her features and trying to give him undivided attention. Not that her attention was ever undivided. There was a reason she threw fits and got over them so quickly. Her attention span just wasn't there. She didn't like taking the time to maintain all those emotions when it was so much easier to just change as they came. He seemed to always be calm, something that she rarely ever was. It would be an interesting match at times if this were to go through, as this had already been proven by their "battle" in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom