Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadow's Cinematic Review

Ahroun_Deltori

Super-Earth
(If this thread is in the wrong place can a mod please move the thread to the proper area. Please and thank you"

Well I was possessed by the slightest whim, to recently go out and watch a ton of movies. Not just this season's busts, So I pondered about it recently, what if I could prevent people from wasting their money at the theater. I have seen a ton of busts these past couple of days. So what I'm going to do is rate it on a scale of one to ten. Ten being the highest and one being the worst. Occasionally I will rate a movie with a "+" or a "-" a plus being higher than a ten, and a minus being lower than a one. I will give pro's and cons for each movie, without spoilers. If you're wanting to see a movie and you do not see it on the reviews, just leave a post or PM me and I will hop on it.

I appreciate you're patience and I hope I end up saving you a few dollars. I will have some reviews up for you in a little bit.

Inception

Before I sat down and actually watched Inception, I pretty much thought it was overrated. The fact it had a spoof on South Park, made the thought of watching the entire film seem like a death sentence. It's even a Leo flick.... How good can it be hes not even that great. Wait... I forgot about Romeo and Juliet... Titanic... The Departed.... Alright never mind, the man can act.

It even boasts Ellen Paige as supporting actress. >.> Alright, Kitty Pride and Juno. I don't know where in the hell she came from, but damn they couldn't find a better actress for the stunning "Ariadne". Joseph Gordon-Levett, why does he seem so familiar. Oh well I'll probably pick up on that in another review.

Alright, well enough about the whole dream within a dream within a dream. I have to say that this was one of the most complex and unique plot-lines that I have ever seen or read. I mean holy shit, there is a plot twist every few minutes in this film. Not that it's so often you just get bored, it is a keep you on the edge of your couch, seat, floor, whatever experience. Not to mention when you finish the film you will walk away with something new every time.

Con's...... Con's... Yeah I can't think of any. Unless you count the fact that maybe the movie was a little drawn out, and perhaps the plotline was a little too complex. But then again it's always good to have something work your mind every now and again. T.V just rots your mind, so Inception will repair the damage. Well that's what I think anyway. If you didn't want to hear my opinion then you might have come to the wrong thread.

Input is always welcome. You can PM me or just post towards the bottom. I appreciate your coming and checking out my thread. Oh wait one more thing ^~^" I forgot to rate. Yay me...

Inception got a total rating of 9.5 out of 10. Granted this movie was epic, but come on... I got a little confused. Fine ugh here it is the magic 10 out of 10. The first review happens to be the best. How does that work... Oh well. Until next time my fellow BM'ers.

Shadow out...

There is already a thread for this.
http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7611

As_Day_Fades said:
There is already a thread for this.
http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7611

Actually I'm writing reviews for movies. It's not one of those I've seen this and this. I'm writing reviews almost daily about movies that I happen to come across. In a hope to save BM'ers some cash if the movie is horrible. It's not for the purpose of just putting down the last film I watched. @.@ It's a review thread, nothing more.

Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides

Well this movie is once again headlined by the wonderful Johnny Depp. OMG that man is gorgeous, he is one of the few men who can pull off eyeliner. It doesn't matter what role he has been in, he is an awesome actor. I mean Edward Scissorhands, that man was sexy with the innocent look on his face, but I digress.

Supporting Actress is the lovely Penelope Cruz. I really haven't seen any of her movies, and she wasn't one of my favorites in the movie. I think they could have cast a better actress, like the radiant Kate Beckinsale, or Milla Jovovich. Meh but then again it is a sequel and sequels are only downhill.

Geoffrey Rush once again fills the role of Hector Barbossa, who's art of machiavellianism, is only shadowed by a oddly sexy Dr. Nicholas Rush from Stargate Universe. Ugh damn I'm off topic.... again.

Alright well the movie was about 2 hours long. It wasn't as actiony as I had hoped, but then again like I previously stated "it's a sequel and sequels are only downhill." There are only about 8 action sequences. Though few, they were actually pretty entertaining to watch. It took the movie a little bit to start rolling, and it had hit a couple of bumps that made me lose slight interest. It for the most part kept me entranced with the locales in which they had shot.

Con's, well there really weren't any cons except for like I said it was slower than snail shit at the beginning, and it kept stopping every so often in the movie. I found it slightly dull, at times.

Rating.... Rating.... I would say in all honesty I would rate this movie a 6.1 out of 10. It is pretty good seeing that it's a sequel. Though I would only recommend it if you aren't a Will/Elizabeth fan. The complete and utter lack of those two may have been surprising to some, but as they say "All Good Things"
It has the graphics, and some pretty cool effects. The fight scenes left something to be desired but there is only so much you can do. The slight romantic plot between the cleric and the mermaid was a little forced, but then again it is what it is.

Thank you for poking your nose into my reviews, and I will see you later

Shadow Out......

Back
Top Bottom