Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World of Warcraft, who all plays it and what server or servers do you play on?

Sesshi

The wolf who serves
I know many of the members here play it, yet I'm curious as to just how many play it and what server or servers they play on. Also, which faction do you prefer? Alliance or Horde? I shall answer my own questions to let everyone know which servers I play on:

Zul'Jin: Main server and I play as Horde only.
Mannoroth: Use to be my main server and my Horde server, now it's my Alliance only server.

I do play on other random servers, I just started playing a little bit over on Windrunner, don't know if that will be half Horde and Alliance or not yet. Just have to wait and see. Lol. If you want a list of my main characters I can give a list of all my characters I play on Manno and ZJ, it wouldn't be a problem. ^^

Former World of Warcrafter here.

Used to play on several bad/decent servers; Shadowsong(decent), Winterhoof(horrible), Antonidas(extra horrible).

Then I transferred to Burning Blade, which was a pretty good PvP server. Faction wise? I don't care which I played, so long as the group of people I played with were cool folks.

Relix why don't you play anymore? I know some of my friends had to quit playing because of money issues. One of my best friends is going through a divorce and her only way of playing was due to her husband. It's a long ass story as to what happened there, but needless to say the jerk won't be seeing her ever again.

Anyways, back to topic. I've heard of Shadowsong and Winterhoof, but not the other. Burning Blade I heard was pretty decent. I've tanked/healed for people from there and they were always kind to me. [As Horde anyways.] Another reason to this thread was to maybe find some more nice and friendly people to play WoW with. My leveling guild, which is my best friend's guild, went through a drastic change last year when our ex GL and her rl best friend had a huge fight. Well Vyxn, Sabia's [aka Heather's] best friend well ex now, left and took more than half of our hard core raiders. We had three raid groups set up and she took over half of them and some of the other non raider friends. They left and made their own guild, and ours... Well it slowly died.... I had taken all but one of my characters out of the guild, only because I was still loyal to the guild and it was my first one I was ever in when I moved over to ZJ. But the rest of my characters went into one of my other friend's raid guild. We ended up merging with another guild later on before Cata came out, some of us stayed in there and some of us moved back to the old guild. I was one of the few who didn't move back. Made too many friends in the new guild and something's telling me to stay with them and help them out as well.

When I first started playing WoW I was a complete n00b. Didn't know shit let alone how to use to spirit healer. I made the mistake of playing on my exes server, Mannoroth, as Horde. The Horde as I found out over there are complete dicks. I switched to Alliance over there just a couple months ago and never looked back on that server. Zul'Jin is the best place for Horde players, the reason for this is the Alliance are like the Horde on Manno, complete dicks. There's this one person in particular that him and I are always going at it. Hellsbargin, he is one of the worst players I've seen yet, he was pugged through ICC and all his battle grounds. He didn't work for his shit like the rest of us, then again we don't have a cult of loyal worshipers like him either. ;>>

I just got bored of the game, after playing in Vanilla, two expansions and a good ~5-6 months into Cataclysm, I just felt it was best for me and my entertainment to leave a game that had stopped being 'fun'. I have played with the thought of going back, but, it is unlikely. I'd only go back to do the same thing; sit around in Orgrimmar on my Proto-Drake and bullshit over trade, whispers and yell. . . or ore farming, since, I was pretty hell-bent on making gold in WoW. Stood up and walked away from a total of 60,000 gold on one character. ;P

Keep it that way; Antonidas is just fail. I was originally from Lightbringer, after deciding to restart on a new server with Burning Crusade; I went to Antonidas. It was good for a good year or so, toward the end of my stay there it was just awful. I did meet some awesome people there, though. Some I, unfortunately, don't talk to anymore.

I was a total noob when I started WoW, too. I didn't really grasp the attribute concept until toward the end of BC. All my characters had spirit gear on for the most part, though! I will say that all my characters did have their required armor for their class, no cloth on mail characters, haha. The best place for a specific person is all a matter of opinion; for some, it could be competitive PvP servers - others, competitive PvE. I was a bit of both through LK, but, I found whatever server I was on was better when playing with a cool group of people

I don't play anymore, but I used to. I started on Thorium Brotherhood (RP) in Classic and then rerolled on Cenarius (PvE) for Lich King.

I was a Disc Priest long before Disc Priests were cool. *pose*

It's probably my favorite game I've ever played. I was a raider both times. Both times though I ended up accomplishing everything I had a real desire to, and didn't have a strong urge to continue past that point. Everything I hear about the newest expansion points toward awesome, especially for oldschool players, but eh, too much of a time drain to get into all that again. =/

Relix said:
I just got bored of the game, after playing in Vanilla, two expansions and a good ~5-6 months into Cataclysm, I just felt it was best for me and my entertainment to leave a game that had stopped being 'fun'. I have played with the thought of going back, but, it is unlikely. I'd only go back to do the same thing; sit around in Orgrimmar on my Proto-Drake and bullshit over trade, whispers and yell. . . or ore farming, since, I was pretty hell-bent on making gold in WoW. Stood up and walked away from a total of 60,000 gold on one character. ;P

Keep it that way; Antonidas is just fail. I was originally from Lightbringer, after deciding to restart on a new server with Burning Crusade; I went to Antonidas. It was good for a good year or so, toward the end of my stay there it was just awful. I did meet some awesome people there, though. Some I, unfortunately, don't talk to anymore.

I was a total noob when I started WoW, too. I didn't really grasp the attribute concept until toward the end of BC. All my characters had spirit gear on for the most part, though! I will say that all my characters did have their required armor for their class, no cloth on mail characters, haha. The best place for a specific person is all a matter of opinion; for some, it could be competitive PvP servers - others, competitive PvE. I was a bit of both through LK, but, I found whatever server I was on was better when playing with a cool group of people

Some people get bored with it and those like me don't. I'm glad I haven't gotten bored with the game because I've put a shit load of money into my new account. I enjoy leveling and raiding, but PvP and Arenas are very fun for me. I've played all classes and hunters are just my favorite. It's hard to chose which class I love to play as a healer, though Shammy and Pally are becoming my new favorites. Priests they are complete mana burners at low levels, but I'm sticking to mine till I get more use to it. Lol.
As_Day_Fades said:
I don't play anymore, but I used to. I started on Thorium Brotherhood (RP) in Classic and then rerolled on Cenarius (PvE) for Lich King.

I was a Disc Priest long before Disc Priests were cool. *pose*

It's probably my favorite game I've ever played. I was a raider both times. Both times though I ended up accomplishing everything I had a real desire to, and didn't have a strong urge to continue past that point. Everything I hear about the newest expansion points toward awesome, especially for oldschool players, but eh, too much of a time drain to get into all that again. =/

Cata is a fun expansion, I am a bit upset with how they removed ZG and ZA as raids and turned them into heroics. =/ The newer versions of them are kinda cool, but they keep taking away from the twinks. Just how much of the old world are they going to remove from the twinks before no one twinks anymore? =/ My Shammy USE to be a twink till the guild needed me as a healer for the new content raids... So I had to un twink him... u.u I will always hold onto my level 70 ZA gear for all of it was upgraded to 85 epics. =/

I know what you mean. At least ZG/ZA aren't gone completely though, right? I love doing old content, especially for the fun of flexing how far your character has come since then. When I rerolled and started from scratch for Lich King, when I was 80 I went back and did the level 60 raids with friends to get my full Tier 1, Tier 2 and Benediction again. That damn priest quest was still a pain in the ass even at 80, though a mite more doable. ...Then I took that gear to Northrend and healed like that in Naxx, telling my guild I was here to roll on Tier 3. Ha.

Cata seems like a cool expansion. I'm glad they brought a lot of the old stuff back. I watched my friend fly around a few spots for about fifteen minutes to check 'em out. Amusingly, my biggest points of interest at the time were that they finally did something with Hyjal, which was an undeveloped zone you could sneak inside of back in the day, and the ability to finally visit the Ironforge airport.

I hear they brought back Nefarion? Is he as much of a BAMF as before? Facing him at the end of BWL was probably the most enjoyably challenging boss fight evar.

Twinks were always something I was eh about. I had a twink hunter once upon a time. They can be a lot of fun, but I guess it depends on who you're playing with/against.

It's not the fact that they're not gone, it's the fact that they're no longer raids. =/ I enjoyed getting people together to do them as a raid. I tried my hardest to get my raid guild together so we could complete ZA one last time as a raid and get our feat of strength for the guild, but no one was in the mood for it and it was sad... I really had looked forward to us getting our first feat of strength. u.u I still farm MC on my main for the items to start crafting Thunderfury. My Huntress would look so op with that sword. xDDDD I can mine for my mats and I can craft the legendary bars needed for the sword, I just need the bindings!!!! Dx

Cata is okay, to me Wrath was more fun. =/ I remember back in Wrath my friend and I took her priest and we got into Hyjal by wall walking, it was long yet fun. ^^ We found something pretty bad ass out in Deadmines though. o: There's a spot in the very beginning where you can go through the wall, and with the help of a Priest yet again, can get to this really unique looking place. I've got screen shots of it if you'd like to see. :"3

They did bring Nefarion back, he's now located in Black Wing Decent. I haven't made it to him yet with my guild, but we're still making progress. But from what I hear he's almost the same as he was back in BWL, HOWEVER! He hits harder than any truck could ever dream of, and he's got some really nasty abilities now. Lol.

I like twinks, to me they're fun. I was in a twink guild on my Shammy and we did BC raids every week as a guild. I normally went in as Enhace, but had to go in as Restro many times in order to get my T6 Restro gear, which I have still been using even though I'm almost level 78. There hasn't been any gear from Wrath that could replace it. Then again T6 was still good back in Wrath till you hit level 80. It's pretty much the same way now, which is good for me, and good for the others who need gear. Like for hunters they don't have to worry about me needing on their gear for my Enhace spec cause I have full T6 and the best one handers I can get, which is better than the Wrath ones that's under level 80. All in all... I love twinking and I miss my Shammy being a twink... ;-;

I used to play WoW. Horde generally, but I've lost interest after Cataclysm.
Blood Elf Paladin, Lynniera.
Used to play on Kirin Tor, then Steamwheedle Cartel, and 'now' Moon Guard. So yeah. I RP on WoW. Hehe.​

I've never played on a rp server. It's sad that I wouldn't even know how to go about there. xDDDD I rp on websites, but in game? I just don't know how I'd do it. o-o;;

I...er. I play on Moon Guard. Horde-side, been running with the same guild for ...since mid-BC, now--I know "original" ZA came out after I joined. Wow, didn't realise it had been that long...

Ran a BElf lock in those days, then switched over to Tauren DK. Now I also have a Tauren pally. Rerolled the BElf lock as a priest, and a new BElf lock.

It's like WoW-character musical chairs, with my set of alts...

fig

I used to play WoW but Cataclysm really turned me off. I got to 85, got heroic geared out, and then just stopped. The zone phasing ruined the entire game for me - killed world RP and group world PvP. I still love the Warcraft world and I still would love to find some people here to role play in Azeroth with but I am done with WoW. Blizzard completely killed it for me with phasing.

I came back to WoW for a while as I was waiting for SWTOR (still waiting). I think I played on Silvermoon, but I felt pretty lackluster about Cataclysm, so I stayed long enough to run heroics and a couple of the Cata raids, then just lost interest.

Used to play. MIght play again if I ever get the money. I thought Cata was prety fun. =3=

Zalvek said:
Used to play. MIght play again if I ever get the money. I thought Cata was prety fun. =3=

Oh I don't deny that certain aspects of Cataclysm rocked. I loved the dungeons this time around (BC dungeons sucked imo though the raids were... alright and lich king dungeons were... better but still crap compared to vanilla WoW dungeons). On the PvE end of things, Cataclysm was a very refreshing breeze to World of Warcraft but it wasn't enough to make up for my issues with zone phasing.

I was a HUGE supported of world role play (role play outside of the stuffy, griefer-filled cities). It made the characters seem more like heroes than retired war veterans sitting in a bar and talking about the yesteryears - especially in Cata with the whole new world thing going on. But the zone phasing ruined all of that. If you did one little quest that a friend hadn't, then you couldn't see one another? Completely lame, Blizzard.

Well I've moved my main Himekò over to Wyrmrest Accord which is a nice rp server. Moon Guard is where I'll be moving my 85 Lock to sometime this month. I play both factions on WrA and MG, since I follow in Thrall's footsteps and want the world he wants, peace between both factions. I hate Garrosh just as much as anyone else, so my perfect way to have my revenge against him is to side with the Alliance. Lol. I've made a lot of friends on WrA as a Hordie, which is cool. Hunters ftw! >D

I've played WoW for a while, various times, though due to money issues I quit, but maybe I'll play on private server once again, or maybe even on P2P WoW.

I used to play, but I actually quit for technical issues. I couldn't get the launcher to work properly in wine so I could no longer patch the game. I played on Maelstrom(moar liek Failstrom, amirite?) near the end.

Back
Top Bottom