Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Changed but for the better? (Askeladd and Nightrose)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova
moon_goddess.jpg

Moving through the sky as she did her purple butterfly wings sparkle like the stars as she looked over the Lands as she did every night. She knew that the humans were growing to know her. She wasn't like the other gods, she felt that humans she know more than they were allowed to know. Only she started to feel weaker for some reason she couldn't stay out as long as she use to as she started to feel her wings growing weak she turned to return to the heavens only to see a few of the other gods behind her. "Lunar I think its time we told you that your not coming back" the sun god said before she felt someone's hands on her back. Suddenly pain erupt throughout her body as her wings were ripped from her back. She bled as she fell down to earth.

Even as she fell to the ground laying there her back bleeding as her white pale skin seemed to grow whiter by the second another goddess appeared. "I'm giving you one chance to get your power back. I can only do this much for you my friend" she said before chanting a spell as she was the goddess Justice and Innocence. As she knew that the power that took away Lunar's power would always be overpowered by love. As the spell came over her it gave her only a month to find that love that would break the other gods power over her. "You have a month to find your love if you don't find him you will die and another will take your place" she said as she noticed Lunar's eyes opening at her words. "Please my friend don't take this warning lightly." she said before disappearing as a light was slowly moving towards the now demi-goddess (The spell allows her to have some power but her real power is gone and she was meant to die).

Dimitri was in the temple of the lunar goddess right now, he was on his knee's praying as the storm outside was raging violently. He was one of the last of the lunar goddesses followers the rest had given up on their faith, they spat curses at him for being so loyal to a goddess who had done nothing for them, but Dimitri believed she was there watching over them always. The gods and goddesses could not just give them everything they wanted he told himself, they were there to watch over not to serve the mortals like himself he was nothing compared to them and they would be the ones that judged them. He knew his goddess was not a violent one, but even she would feel anger when she found that most of her followers had left her because they thought she would give them the things they wanted most. He would trust in his goddess for her had absolute faith in her, his prayers were that the storm would stop and that peace would be brought back to the area after it. After finishing his prayer he smiled and got off his knee's, he wanted to believe his goddess would see his faith and be happy, but who knew if she ever even looked upon him he thought to himself calmly.

As Dimitri stepped out of the temple it was like his prayer had been answered, the storm was still there but it was breaking up slowly, he smiled and raised his hands to the air to thank the moon goddess. But as he looked into the air he saw something strange, it was like a ball of light was descending from the sky and soon enough he watched it fall into the forest. Dimitri had never heard of such a thing happening and decided that he would go to investigate this occurrence before anyone else could, most would have ignored the object but Dimitri felt drawn to it. His mid length black hair wild and tangled moved around as he walked towards the center of the forest where he saw the ball of light fall. He neared the area and then stood on what seemed to be the edge of a crater, it was as if the fist of a god had slammed into the ground he thought. Cautiously he walked towards the very edge of the crater, looking in he saw something he did not expect at all. It was a woman, not only that but a woman of great beauty he saw this clearly, he carefully lowered himself into the crater and walked towards her. As he reached her he could see that she was not awake or at least not well enough to move, he leaned down and gently pushed a lock of her hair from her face. Up close she looked even more beautiful he thought, he then gently held up her head "miss can you hear me? are you okay?" he asked in a soothing voice to see if she could even answer.

Feeling something move about her she struggled with herself as her back was still bleeding lightly now as she laid there. Her pale white fair skin almost glowing in the starlight. Only as he moved away her silk black hair that seemed darker than the night sky. Her face while beautiful in many ways gave a look of pain for a moment as he picked her head up a little she whimpered. She had to struggle with herself for a few moment before she finally got her eyes to open they were crystal blue yet dark in color. Never before had a human seen such color eyes most would grow fearful from the darkness yet there was a gentleness there as well. "No. . ." she whimpered out but not at the fact that she really wasn't okay though she would be by the next night it was the fact that she knew she wasn't a goddess anymore. The pain of betrayal hitting her hard as her back still had the marks of her wings. She looked up to the male noticing his looks she was shocked, he was a follower of hers, she often saw him walking the lands to her temples. She wasn't sure just how she should react as he held her.

Dimitri looked down at her confused as to whether or not she was okay because as he held her ever so gently he could feel a slight warmth on his arm now, the feeling hit him like a rock, the feeling of liquid warmth running over his arm made him take a deep gulp though he was not drinking anything. Blood was the first thought that came to his mind, his vision went red for a moment but then the sound soft whimper of the woman drew him back, he looked upon her once more glad that he had not lost himself, she had the most startling color of eyes he thought. They were like precious gems in the light of the stars, his own eyes paled in comparison, they were blue as well but they were a very very light blue, almost white in color one could describe the color as icy, while her skin was pale and near flawless his was well tanned and rough from his life. She was his exact opposite in a lot of ways, her hair silky and almost perfect while his hair was wild and tangled up as he had no reason to comb it, he now held her up a bit more gently so she could almost sit up by leaning on his arm. "Miss is there anything I can do for you?" he asked in a soft voice, his policy was to treat other the way you wish to be treated, everyone was equal in this world only the gods and goddesses were above them, this was the way he thought and had thought for the past three years.

Lunar looked to him as she notice how he seemed to loose himself for a moment only she was grateful as he turned his attention back to her face. "Lunar" she said as she didn't know what she needed. "I need . . ." she was having trouble speaking through the pain as she felt him help her sit up as she grimaced through it trying hard to keep herself together. "A . . . place to hide" she said as she knew it was true. She needed to hide from the gods that were going to come after her the moment they realize she wasn't killed. She had to heal herself with the power her friend and goddess Demir had given her. She knew that it might cause him trouble but she didn't even have the strength of a new born infant at the moment. "Please" she said as she was actually finally able to move her hand as she pressed it against his chest holding onto his shirt. "I need to hide" she said as her eyes started to blur a little. She tried her best to hang on as she knew that she couldn't let herself just die. She had people to look after and when she got her powers back she was going to make sure that injustices like this never happened under her night sky.

Dimitri heard her say that her name was Lunar, that was odd he thought calmly as he looked down at her, the name of the moon goddess was Lunar wasn't it he asked himself. But before he could put anymore thought into it she began to speak again, but it was difficult for her he could see as she was fighting the pain, there must be some kind of wound on her back he thought, but what kind he did not know yet. She said that she needed a place to hide, she however did not say what she needed to hide from, it did not matter to him though as he could not just leave her here to die. If he did such a thing his goddess would be enraged, little did he know the woman he was holding was his goddess, so he nodded at her and then scooped his left arm under her legs gently and then pushed his right arm under her back careful to avoid the wounds as best her could. He lifted her like she was nothing more then a bag of feathers, "you can stay at my home until you recuperate from your wounds" he stated firmly, he had no idea who she was or what kind of trouble she was in but he had to help as it was part of his moral code to do so. So slowly he walked to get the two of them out of the crater, he had to be extra careful so he did not jostle her around his arms and cause her more pain, once they were out of the crater he looked towards the west and began his walk to his home with a fallen goddess in his arms.

As she felt his arm go under her legs she couldn't stop her head from rushing about as he actually picked her body up. "Any . . . goddess would be proud" she said her voice barely there as he moved them out of the crater. Only she couldn't stay away as she was out only moments after saying that to him. Her head going limp and laying against his chest, in truth the only sign that she was still among the living was the fact that she would whimper and her chest was still moving slowly up and down. Her body was truly that of a goddess as she had the curves just where they should be yet she didn't look human at all. When he finally reached his home and he moved to lay her down he would see that the dress she wore had no back to it as it only wrapped around her waist and neck. Her back was open as she once had wings there. Only now instead of wings were two large gashes that ran from the top of her shoulder blade moving downward and inward to about mid-back yet never touched. In truth it looked horrible and much more painful than she was letting on. While she was out cold and still loosing blood there was dirt in the wound from landing as she did.

Dimitri smiled at her words, they actually meant a lot to him as he hoped he could make his goddess proud as she was the one thing he still had faith in, this world was full of faithless things and he was no longer a part of that. He hoped she would be able to tell him more about the trouble she was in, but he found that soon enough she was unconscious in his arms, he was worried as with each step he could feel more blood rushing onto his arm. He barely had time to notice that she had the body of a goddess as he was more worried for her health, once they got to his home he put a pot of water over the fire to boil and grabbed a rag, soaking the rag in strong spirits he came back to her as she lay on her stomach. He gently applied the rag and then softly whispered "please forgive me", as the words left his mouth he used the rag to clean and disinfect the wound as best he could, the pain he knew from experience would be like liquid fire sure it would last but a few seconds but those few seconds would feel quite long. After the wound was cleaned he kept her on her stomach, once the water was boiling over the fire he threw in some vegetables and spices to get a soup going, he had not much but he was more then willing to share. He went back to the wounded woman with bandages, but now he was not sure how to do this, he he tried from the front he would be considered a pervert most likely but doing it from the side was not good enough so he had to do it from the back. He removed the dress at least over her shoulders, he looked at nothing but her wounds as he wrapped the bandages around her chest and back to stifle the blood flow and as soon as he was done the dress came back up and he went to work on the stew for her.

(Last post for the night I'll be on all day tomorrow)

As the pain from him dressing the wound came she would tense up as he was doing it. her muscles working against him only to feel him keep working as the time seemed to drag on for her. Having been a goddess such things as pain like this wasn't something she was use too. Gods don't feel pain as they have so much power to heal quickly that the pain never really sets in. Only when the Sun god and sea god took her power away that made things different. If it hadn't been for Demir she would have died within those first minutes on earth. No human would live with so much blood loss. Though as he moved her to take the dress off to start the dressing of the wound with the bandages Demir appeared again the moment he finished. "You have served your Goddess well young human" she said as her tanned golden skin and deep brown eyes pierced what would feel like his soul.

"The woman your helping is no woman and while she has lost her power she is Lunar the Moon Goddess, the very one you were praying to moments ago" Demir told him. "I am her dear friend who she has been coming to about the injustices that the gods have been doing to the people of this land" Demir informed him. "Keep her hidden and safe from the gods who wish her dead and replaced with one who doesn't care" she said with a soft smile. "You will become her justice in more than one way stay by her side and you'll see everything you need and want" she said as she chanted once more as suddenly there was a barrier around the house and the garden flourished in a way that he never thought. "This is all I can do for you now but she has only a month to break the spell on her. She must fall in love and have one fall in love with her. Only then can she gain her power of the Moon again" she finished with a look to her friend. They actually had shared mothers before Demir's father had killed her. Their other sisters had pushed Demir away only Lunar had stayed by her side. This was the only time she had the chance to actually help her half sister the way Lunar had helped her.

When he heard the voice behind him Dimitri flipped around so quickly one might find it inhuman, his right hand going to his hip almost out of a reflex before he realized that there was nothing there for him to grab anymore. But how had the voice gotten inside his home without his knowledge he wondered, there was no way that his senses had dulled so much in these three years that someone could enter his home without him knowing. He got his answer when he met the eyes of the being that spoke, he could feel it the second she looked upon him she was not a mortal she was not even of this world, she was a being far beyond his comprehension, and her eyes they seemed to stare right through him as if she could see everything he had inside. The first words she spoke reverberated through his mind, she had told him he had served his goddess well, but he still had no idea what she was speaking of as he had done nothing of importance, he had saved a woman who needed help, anyone who had a heart would have done the same.

Almost as soon as that thought entered his mind she told him what she meant, she revealed that the woman he had saved from the crater was his goddess Lunar. The news hit him like a wall, his look of surprise would seem almost comical to anyone who saw it, he looked at his arms then and saw the blood upon them. This was not a mortals blood it was the blood of a god, he had to get it off of him the simple fact that it touched him was enough to send him into a relapse almost but this was something beyond that. His attention went back to Demir as she explained that she was a dear friend of Lunar's and that she learned of the injustices of the other gods. When she said that he was to protect her from the gods he looked lost, he was but a mere mortal and he was no longer even capable of protecting anything. She explained that Lunar had only a month to break the spell upon her before a new god was chosen, he looked at Demir right then, right into her eyes even though most mortals would have been shaken to the core by her look. "What can I do as a mere mortal? I do not even have the ability to protect any longer" he said in an almost whisper as he felt helpless. He wanted to protect his goddess, he would give his life for her but he had no means to do anything against gods, even if they be mortal he would be able to do little now.

As she noticed how he was she seemed to soften towards him. She could see his sins and yet she could also see the works he had done to try and atone for them. "Mortal you maybe be but no god can stop love's power. That is why I've chosen you while its up to you and Lunar on which path to choose, but I've placed a counter spell on Lunar that will keep her as a demi-god while the month is going on. When the moon becomes full once more she must willingly give her heart and body to the man she loves and in turn that man must love her. If he does not love her or she him the spell will kill her instantly" Demir stated. "I've placed a barrier around this housing as long as she is here the gods other than myself can not step foot on this land. You are protected as well for the kindness you have given my sister" she said to him as she was truly starting to soften up. "I can't stay any longer this night I will return soon" she said before she disappeared once more. Only as she left Lunar started to whimper as her mind started to wake. She could feel the difference as she tried to move a little only she was laying on her stomach and opening her eyes was hard enough.

Dimitri listened to her as she said that he maybe a mortal but no god could stop love's power, it was a riddle he thought as even with love he could not fight a god. She told him that is why she had chosen him to guard Lunar, she told him of the spells she had placed on Lunar and what would happen that if the man who she gave her heart and body to willingly did not love her back would cause her death instantly. When he heard this he felt a pang deep within his heart, it was like he was suffocating just from thinking of her death, he coughed a few times to force himself to breathe. Demir spoke of a barrier placed around his home saying that no god but her could step onto this land, but what of other creatures he wondered to himself as she said that she could no longer stay here an disappeared without a trace, he marveled at a gods ability even though he had seen only a little of it. Once she disappeared Lunar seemed to almost awake, he walked over to her as she whimpered, he brushed her cheek gently with his hand "wait let me help you my goddess" he said in a respectful tone as he helped her to her knee's. Like this he could help steady her without having to touch her back or front, he could just hold onto her shoulders so she did not fall, "I don't have much goddess but there is some soup, do you believe you can eat?" he asked in a gentle tone.

Lunar heard his words as her mind was clouded and slow as she felt his help to get her sitting on her knees she leaned against his body through her shoulders. "Lunar" she finally said. "I'm no goddess . . . now" she said as her power had been in her wings, with them gone she wasn't the goddess she once was. "yes . . . please" she said as her deep blue eyes looked to his icy ones. In truth she was grateful he had found her, she often listened to his prayers as they let her know just what was truly needed for the people though with his help she had also seen what the other gods were doing as the goddess couldn't allow such things to happen. The storms and the killings were all so wrong and not for any good reason at that. It broke her heart each time she heard of what the other gods were doing. While she did agree that not all things should be good all the time but it was good things that kept people going so she felt it was only right to keep a balance of things.

Dimitri heard her say that her name was Lunar as she was no longer a goddess, he gently kept a grip on her as she leaned against his body for support, she asked him for some of the soup she even said please. He spoke softly as he gathered some soup into a crudely carved wooden bowl, "you will always be a goddess to me Lunar", his words rang true as he had not a hint of doubt or lie in his voice, whether she was here on earth with the mortals or in the realm of the gods she was his goddess forever. He had never given up on his faith in three years and he would not start now when his goddess needed him most, he grabbed a spoon for her as well, he brought a spoonful of the broth to her lips so she could taste it. It would be nothing compared to what she had as a goddess, but he had very little as he lived off the land, what he did have was all for her use though, "you are safe hear I will protect you to death so that you might live", he knew it might not be much comfort but it was the best he could offer. He brought a second spoonful to her mouth letting her get another taste of the soup, he wondered if she could even trust him after all as a goddess she saw everything, had she seen what he had done before serving her so faithfully he wondered despairingly.

As she heard his words her eyes moved over to him. She wasn't sure what to think he was truly the last of her followers thanks to the other gods and yet he didn't believe that she had abandoned them, he seemed to still believe in her fully. "Thank . . . thank you" she said to him as she felt the first spoon to her lips taking it as she just couldn't help but really love the way it was in his heart now. He of all people knew the balance of life and death even happiness and despair. Not many mortals truly came to understand it. "Don't die for me" she said as she rather not hear that from him. "Your more important than you know" she coughed out a little her back giving her pain as she coughed. Though taking another spoonful of the broth she was grateful for it. It wasn't bad at all she wasn't use to human food but this was a nice change.

As his goddess said thank you to him he felt a warmth fill his heart, he never had the thought of having the goddess he worshipped so faithfully give her thanks to him. It was still so hard to believe that this beautiful woman that he had saved was his goddess, it was not that he did not believe she could not be here it was just that she almost came to him like t had been planned from the time he begun to follow the goddess to now that this was supposed to happen. When be heard her say that she did not want him to die for her he was surprised, he was willing to give anything for the goddess and yet she did not wish it. She then told him he was more important than he knew, another riddle he thought to himself for he was nothing more then a lone man who lived off the land as best he could. While he thought to himself calmy he helped to feed her more soup, "is there anything else I can do for you?", his tone soft as he heldthe spoon out for her to take another mouthful whenever she wished to. He glanced towards a room to the right, the room had a large lock on the knob, he did not go in there anymore it held items that he never wished to see again but now it might be the time to bring them out once more.

OOC: sorry if the post is bleh I am on an iPhone.

((Its all good))

As she noticed his looks of confusion she gave a soft smile. "I believe that the other goddesses would agree a follower like you would be best alive than dead" she said as she was getting herself under control now as she pushed through all her pain. She would lean forward and take more of the soup as she strangely found herself comfortable in his arms. She was usually uneasy around men more so those of the warrior type as well. Yet even with him being the very type of mortal she always grew uneasy with she felt safe in his arms and felt a warmth she couldn't understand. Yet as he asked her if there was anything else she gave a smile her white teeth shining in the light as she shook her head. "No you've done so much already" she said to him as she was sure he much be tired as she kept taking more of the soup.

Dimitri smiled as she told him that any god or goddess would rather have a follower like him alive, again it sent a warmth coursing through him making him happy beyond words. She was gaining some strength back he could see or at least she was pushing through the pain that she felt to appear stronger then she actually was, either way it did not matter she was eating and her wounds had been tended to soon enough she would be better. She took the soup without complaint which made him happy, as she smiled at him it was like the very core of his heart was lifted, he could not explain it but he felt as if in that moment he could have done anything maybe even beat the gods if only he could see that smile again he thought. When she said there was nothing more that she needed he nodded slowly, please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything you need" he said in his gentle tone, he was indeed tired, through the storms first days he had helped others get home and when that was done he had reinforced the temple himself so it would still be there. But being tired was something he was used to, he could out last most people by being stubborn and right now Lunar needed him he could not go to sleep, his thoughts were all turned towards what he could do for her to make sure that she was safe and comfortable here in his humble abode.

Lunar gave a soft smile to him as she shook her head. She was feeling full now as she didn't want anymore soup. "That was good thank you" she said to him as she really wasn't that sure what next. "I believe sleep is something . . . we should both get" she said to him though as she thought sleeping wasn't something she was use to her mind was still being use to not needing sleep. Though in truth her new body really needed the sleep for her wound. "How bad is my back?" she suddenly asked as it hit her that she really did need to keep that wound in mind.

((Sorry its short))

Dimitri smiled back as she smiled at him, it just helped fuel the fire that seemed to burn in his heart when around her, when she said thank you he just nodded at her happily. As she said that sleep was something that the two of them needed he nodded, he did not think he would be able to sleep though, too many things had happened on this night for him to find solace in sleep, he would act as though he would fall asleep to allow her to get some sleep. As she asked about her back he was unsure of what to say to her, the wounds were not pretty and would mostly likely scar her as a human, it would be nothing gruesome but he knew women hated scars far worse then men did. He looked at her calmly, "the wounds are able to be healed of course but they are going to scar you as a human" he stated in a low soft tone, he watched her to see how she would take the news. At the same time he took the empty bowl away and then went to the room that was locked, he opened the lock but he did not enter the room, he would leave it open for anything that came but unless Lunar truly needed him to use what was in the room once again he would not. That room was nothing but hatred and darkness, when he used the thing that were in that room he was not a follower of Lunar, he was a follower of the underworld and he did not wish to become such a thing again, but he knew under lock and key the monster was still within waiting deep inside.

As she saw how he seemed to get uneasy as she asked about her back, she wondered what worried him only to hear him speak of a scar she shook her head. "I'll either be goddess or dead in a month so it doesn't matter" she stated strangely with a smile on her face. "For now such a silly thing doesn't matter to me" she said only as he stepped away from her side she struggled staying sitting up. Her body still weak from loss of blood yet she managed it. She had watched him from the corner of her eye go to the room which she was sure contained weapons. She could see clearly without even being goddess that he hated to unlock that room. "You don't have too" she said to him as she was really okay with another killing her as long as justice was met for the humans. Though as she got back down on her stomach to sleep with his help she hated the way she felt. Never before had she felt such pain and weakness she just knew now that justice for the mortals of this land was needed as she came to a new understanding of their way of life.

Dimitri did not like the words that came out of her mouth when he told her of her back, she spoke as if there was no hope in this dark time, he frowned at her words actually. As she watched him unlock the room and told him that he did not have to he nodded, "I know this Lunar and unless it truly calls for it I will not go into this room" he said in a low tone, this was true for Dimitri had long since given up his old life though every now and then dreams haunted him. He was free of the darkness that plagued both his heart and mind, he helped her lay down onto her stomach now and gently began to stroke her hair, "now Lunar you should get some rest" he said in that gentle tone as he sat next to her in case there was something else she needed. He would have her safe and well cared for in his home, but he wondered if she actually would stay here for the whole month, it was not the best of homes and a month was a long time when there was nothing to do, he knew she would grow bored quickly once she had recovered. His fingers continued to gently comb through her hair as she lay there, he still was amazed that she was his goddess in human form, but when he looked closely he could see the beauty that surpassed any humans.

Lunar was a little shocked that he was still willing to do such a thing. Though as he laid her down she felt his fingers running through her hair. She had never felt such a sensation truly her eyes soon grew heavy as she felt him continue doing such an amazing thing to her. "That feels amazing" she praised as her eyes closed as she just paid attention to his fingers only and she was sleeping. She hadn't thought it would be so simple yet she felt great at that moment. When morning came she could feel her strength back as she actually pushed herself up being able to sit up her back was still very sore and in pain from time to time yet she had it under control. She was so happy as she actually got a look around the house. "Oh wow" she said to herself as she sat down her legs curled in front of her.

Dimitri smiled as she said that his fingers combing through her hair felt amazing, she was not like he imagined at all, to be honest he was glad she was like this. Humble and forgiving even as he had little to offer her she was happy to have him offer it to her, soon enough he saw that she was asleep and he stopped combing his fingers through her hair slowly, he was not far from falling asleep as well but he needed to stay awake to protect her. But even he could not fight the feeling of sleep as it came over him now, he left her though he did not go far, he sat down against the wall right next to the unlocked room, there without a blanket he crossed his arms and legs and stayed awake for as long as he could. When sleep claimed him his dreams were a jumbled mess, things seemed to be in the wrong order and he was imaging things happening that had not yet happened, he twitched in his sleep as he saw Lunar take away by the other gods and there he was on the ground unable to do anything to help her. A small nightmare that turned to a terrible nightmare in seconds as suddenly they killed her, the sight of blood filling his vision and he lost it right there, his mind went blank and the dream just disappeared into darkness which is all he knew.

Lunar looked around as she saw how he was against the door she suddenly felt pain in her chest once more. Yet she couldn't explain why, she wasn't hurt there yet as she looked over him it would still sting. She saw his face scrunch up in pain as the nightmare reigned on she moved over to him. Her legs unsteady as she did yet as she came to sit next to him she felt uneasy. She wasn't sure what to do, she knew though that he needed to be comforted as she leaned close taking him into her arms. She started to hum a song that she once heard a human mother sing to her children. She could only hope that it comforted him. "Its okay" she said as her hand started to brush through his unruly hair as she gave a smile at the feel of his hair through her fingers.

Back
Top Bottom