Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Siren's Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
(alas, I wonder teh same thing)
Seeing no one else was hurt, the soldier nodded, looking around for any lingering hostile sirens. "Alright, all teams disperse. Stay under cover and we'll rendevous at home base at 1600 hours." The soldiers saluted, quickly making their way out of sight. Any traces of them being here were erased. Jack eyed the werewolf and the other two sirens. "Would any of you people like to tell me what the hell those girls were after? I'm just here to protect the Phoenix, I was never told what I was specifically protecting." His brow furrowed as he polished his gun, taking out one of his knives and flicking it in the air randomly.

((Eh...I'll post anyway))

As the dust settled and the soldiers were ordered away, cunning electric blue eyes swept the area, taking in the damage to the structures and the carnage. She was snapped out of her thoughts as a man from the bar spoke out loud and her eyes snapped to him. For a moment, she was silent, as if sizing him up. Part of her wanted to say nothing, but after what they had just gone through, she supposed she at least owed them at least a part of an explaination. She flipped her kukri swords with ease and resheathed them before wiping at the blood on her face, though it only really served to smear it.

"They were after me." She said, her voice edged with annoyance as her eyes shifted towards the direction Sereythe had fled to. She was silent for a moment before she inhaled a deep breath and turned her gaze back to the others. "I apologize for the mess...." Her eyes shifted towards the direction of Sinz. "Sinz isn't normally that bad. This is the first time they've been able to find me in quite some time. They wouldn't have found me at all if I wouldn't have made the call..." She said bitterly, shifting her gaze towards her clothes. She looked much more worse off than she actually was. Her wounds had already healed almost completely. Most of the blood that covered her wasn't her own. "Waste of a perfectly good outfit..." She muttered to herself in annoyance before her eyes shifted attention to the man who had spoken. "What the hell is the Phoenix and who hired you to protect it?"

"Lady, the Phoenix is the codename for this area. As for who hired me, I'm a soldier, not a merc. All Captain said was protect this area with your life." His eyes swept over her before scanning the surrounding area. Finding nothing hostile, at least to anyone here, he put his knife away and took a drink from his silver flask. "Why would they be after you unless you knew something or had something they want? Is there anything valuable here that you own? An artifact, something?"

Kat studied the man as he spoke. A soldier huh? Which she knew meant he knew very little, as he soon confirmed. She heard the question he spoke and she was silent for a few moments, her eyes shifted once more in the direction Sereythe and the rest had fled, as if half expecting them to return. Her eyes finally pulled to the solder and she gave a small sigh after consideration of how much to tell him. No more harm could really come of it. "They want me because I'm supposedly the reincarnation of their mother, the first siren. They want to 'revive' her in my body. Also....they don't like rogue sirens. If I hadn't been Auris's reincarnation, they simply would have killed me. It is punishment of death to go rogue, because of the possiblity of exposing sirens as actually existing, which is dangerous...for various reasons."

She swiveled around and moved a few paces towards the road, pausing to give him a side long glance. "If you have more questions, you can follow me to the club. There's no reason for us to stand out here and I'd rather not attract the attention of the cops." She turned and began to make her way towards the club, her steps steady and soundless against the pavement.

((Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.))

(sorry to keep you waiting. had to go south. ran into internet trouble)

`Looks like I'm pulling an al nighter,` he thought to himself. "Rouge Siren huh? Wondered what was so goddamned important." He shook his head, thinking about what she said. "Auris? Their mother? So... they want your blood?" Sighing as she walked away, he now had to choose duty or answers. If he followed her and got answers, it would be possible he would be tried as a spy. That's what they had done to his friend. He decided to follow her. He needed answers more than he needed his job. He had to jog to catch up to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom