Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Siren's Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was energetic, she had to give him that. She tilted her head a little, arching a brow as she studied him. "No, simply observing the facts." She said with a chuckle before shifting her weight a little. She paused for a moment and then gave a small shrug. "Yes, true, but there's a good reason most women assume that any guy who compliments her is trying to get laid. It's usually because they are." She said with a grin and another soft shrug. "I'm not saying that's some horrible thing, it's just fact."

She paused again at his last comment and her eyes shifted from him for a moment to look out over the bar. "Actually, you're right. I probably should walk a round real quick. I'll fix you another drink while I'm at it." She said before pushing herself off the wall and making her way past his table. She moved silently, feet softly padding the floor. Her movements were graceful, yet precise as she made her way through the large room, checking her customers.

All of them seemed fine for the moment, so she made her way behind the bar and fixed Larten another drink. Before long, she was moving back towards his table before she set the drink infront of him. "There, now you can't accuse me of being a lousy bartender." She said with a grin.

"Oh well...maybe we are just trying to get laid...what's to say I'm not?"Larten asked with a wink smile on his face as he rocked back and forth in his chair, he smiled as she continued to talk . "Even though I am not going for that, you should be prepared y'know.And you said energetic like it's a bad thing!"Larten exclaimed with a chuckle following right after.

Larten nodded as she walked away observing the...erm...other side of the coin if you will...and boy he's gotta say he liked that side. He smiled his innocent smile looking around as he received a phone call. "Yes...yes I'm with her...don't worry she's under my protection...no I will not leave...alright bye."Larten's expression was gloomy for only mere seconds before she arrived a smile on his face again.

"Now of course I can still call you a lousy bartender. How Manu women bartenders are out there away from her station talking to an incredibly handsome man?"Larten said with a buckle on the last part."But I can call you one...it just may or may not be true."

Kat arched a brow at his comment and then gave a small laugh. "An incredibly handsome man, huh? Aren't we a little cocky?" She said with a smirk, glancing around before finally deciding to slip herself into an adjacent chair from him. "Now-" Her words were cut short as a wave of dizziness swept over her and a soft frown clouded her features. "What the..." Suddenly, everything when black.

There was a stampede. Kat ran alongside armor clad warriors and the ground trembled with the weight of their pounding feet. Kat could hear nothing but the roar of their cries which filled her ears. The air was thick with sweat, blood, and adrenaline as they ran over the warm sand, the full moon casting a pale blue glow over the rushing army. Kat joined in with their cries, all of their eyes set on the towering palace ahead. It seemed to almost rise up to the heavens themselves. It was a monstrous angry thing, staring down upon them with hungry eyes from its many windows.

This monstrous thing held the object of their rage, of their warring. The army itself was so sure, so sure that they would win this war. Their enemy was outnumbered, they had to be. There were thousands in their army. Kat was running in the front flanks and she was one of the first ones to see the fog that suddenly began to materialize out of nowhere. It rolled, curling within itself as it devoured the sand surrounding the palace.

Suddenly, a tiny figure emerged from the fog. At first, it was only a dark silhouette. It was so small, so alone that upon site, it seemed as if a lone child had dangerously wandered into the battle field. It was somehow compelling and as each eye caught sight of the lone figure, they came to a screeching halt. Bodies clashed against each other and some were trampled. There were very few humans within this army, so there were no fatalities, not yet.

Kat could not remove her eyes from the approaching figure. She took a few slow precious steps closer, her curiosity rising. What was this small child doing on the battle field? Suddenly, the figure came into complete view and Kat uttered a sharp cry, her breath catching in her throat. It looked like a small child. It was so petite, so harmless looking. Except for the atrocity of its face. She could only use the term 'it' because she could not even make out the gender.

It was completely androgynous. Its long dark hair tumbled down its tiny curveless frame. It had no noticeable feminine curves, but if it were a child, it would be underdeveloped. But the features weren't specifically male or female. It's large round eyes stared blankly forward, expressionless. Its hands were limp by its side. It wore nothing but a simple brown gown. Well, it looked more like a sack than any sort of dress or gown. The material looked rough and uncomfortable. Its skin was an even tan, but it was caked with dried dirt on its legs and arms.

The thing that caught Kat's breath, the thing that was so utterly atrocious was its mouth and nose. Or rather, the lack there of. The skin were they should have been was completely smoothed over. They didn't even look as if they had been mutilated. They just simply weren't there. A hush had fallen over the army now as they stared in repulsion and shock at the figure.

Suddenly, a tiny hole began to produce itself on the smooth flesh were the creature's mouth and nose should have been. The creature's eyes began to roll back in its head until all that was seen were the whites of its eyes. As they all watched in horror, the skin peeled and snapped apart as the hole grew larger, extending to take up more space than what its nose and mouth should have taken. It's jaw dislocated like a snake and pressed lower down the creature's neck to widen the hole.

Then suddenly, a deep reverberating sound emitted from the creature's hole. The army could only hear the depth of its tone for a second before it deafened them. The sound made the very air and ground tremble. Suddenly, bodies were falling and Kat felt as sprays of blood, tissue and brain splattered against her. She could still hear the deep rumbling coming from the creature's hole and she collapsed to her knees, tears streaking down her face.

Kat's shrill shriek vibrated the air around her as she came out of the vision. Her head was thrown back and the shrieks kept coming. She knew, somewhere in her conscious, that she was awake now, but she couldn't seem to snap herself out of it. The glass of the mirrors and windows gave in, shattering and sending shards flying around the room. Something in her mind snapped her out of it, reminding her that she was in Athekka's bar. Her eyes were brightly lit now, the electric blue within them churning quickly like a brewing storm. Her heart was racing and she found herself standing from the chair she had been sitting on.

It had been the same vision she had been plagued with almost a year ago, only had hadn't seen the little boy that normally accompanied them. But last time, the visions had stopped when Amunet had made an appearance. She hadn't had one in almost a year and never had she had one while waking. How long had she been screaming for? And then realization came to her. "Fuck..." She muttered under her breath. She'd have to start watching for other sirens to show.

It was only after a few moments that her eyes shifted to the man who had been sitting across from her. He and the other patrons must have thought she had lost her mind. She didn't see any humans harmed, so she must not have been screaming for long. "I'm.....I'm so sorry...." She muttered. "Excuse me please...I need some air..." She suddenly turned on her heels and quickly made her way down the stairs, heading for the front door. Her cheeks were flushed not only in embarrassment, but in frustration and adrenaline. What the hell had happened? She would have been worried about losing buisness, but the circumstances around the vision were much more important.

When she got outside, she savored the cool air upon her face, moving to the wall and taking a moment to lean against it. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, taking in a slow breath. Did this mean that Amunet was close? Or was Amunet sending this to her to try and tell her something? Thoughts ran rampant in her head in chaos, trying to figure out what she needed to do.

Larten smiled, pulling s few jokes and continuing to talk as he watched her sit before he noticed her collapse to the floor. He jumped literally over the table and held her in his arms. "Someone get some ice!"Larten exclaimed at the top o his lungs a worker from the back handing him a bag of ice which he immediately placed on Kat's forehead. He leaned down listening for breath, hearing a short shallow breathing so as a result he performed CPR lifting her head back and blowing three breaths into her mouth before beginning to press down on her chest rapidly.

Larten was surprised to see her eyes open, but appear to be glazed over as if she wasn't 'really' there he got up trying to shake her back to reality as she stood on the chair. She released her siren screech, his hands immediately moving to cover his ears, but she was to late a good portion of time had gone by of him listening and he began to grunt as she walked off and outside. He grunted with each step trying to pull his body in the other direction but he kept moving. He was outside and he cursed himself.

"Kat run...get the fuck away from me right now...hurry up!"Larten exclaimed his face turnig red from effort as he slowed down the movements of his body.

She was mentally kicking herself. Athekka was going to kick her ass for breaking all her upstairs windows and causing such a mess. Though, knowing Athekka, she probably already knew this was going to happen. What could the vision mean? Her thoughts were torn between what the vision meant and what she was going to do about the sirens who were sure to follow. Sereythe and the others had been looking for her for some time now and a siren's shriek can be heard by them all.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn't even heard him or sensed Larten coming outside. It wasn't until she heard him speak that her eyes fluttered open and a frown of confusion curved her lips. She pushed herself from the wall and turned towards him. "What are you..." She started to ask what the hell he was going on about. She stopped in midsentence though and she could see the expression on his face.

He was serious and his skin was flush red. What the hell was going on? She had only ever seen creatures react to her voice really when she sang, though it wasn't as if she shrieked often enough to find out the results. That was why it wasn't until Larten was a few feet from her that she realized what was happening. "Shit..." She muttered, quickly taking a few steps back. Should she run? Should she try to calm him down? Running from a creature like this was much like (in her experience anyway) much like running from a predator. The second you make a sudden movement, they run it down.

She knew nothing of this man or how fast he was, which could depend on his age. She was fast, but she had no way of knowing if he was faster. Cursing under her breath, she made a quick decision. She turned on her heel and made a dash for corner of the building. If she could make it to the fire escape, she could climb up to the roof. She couldn't risk going through the front door to the building and getting others hurt.

"God damn it why'd you run...that's predatory 101 we always chase runners!"Larten exclaimed, apparently she couldn't judge power...she should have learned that before interacting with him. He began sprinting full speed...which in actuality...was very fast. He lunged over a wall in his way still trying but failing to stop himself. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"Larten exclaimed all along the way while he ran. They were about to reach the door when Larten tackled Kat to the floor. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck!"Larten repeated as he began to undo his pants, his free hand moving to undo hers.

"Please tell me you have some tips on stopping this!"Larten exclaimed, getting his pants low enough to the point he could slide off his boxers, letting his werewolf size twelve inch linger inthe air before he slid her panties off her thighs. "Shitty shit shit."

Karina walked into the bar with ease, strutting through as if she owned the place. Flicking her dark tresses over her shoulders she winked at the patrons before sitting down at the bar and yelling for a double whiskey. As she waited for the bartender to arrive with her drink she let her contact electric green gaze roam the bar, looking for her target, who was rumored to own this bar. Karina was searching for a siren, not considered rouge, but still on the list to be brought back to the realm. And she'd been given the job by a higher up so it wasn't like she could say no to the job. Now all she could do was wait for the one she was looking for and figure out the best way to handle her. In the meantime she'd have fun playing with men that visited here. After all she was dressed to play, in high leather boots, a short leather skirt, and a red and black corset top. She looked like she belonged in the bedroom, and truth be told, thats where she wanted to be.

Jack almost choked on the wine he was drinking when he heard what the man said about him. Unfortunately, before he could do anything, something happened. One of the bartenders and that God Forsaken wolf bolted outside. "Alright team, this might be our time. Prepare, but don't give away your positions." He stood, brandishing his blueblade, and slowly walking outside, only to find the two gone. Tiredly, he rubbed his eyes, resheathing his knife. "Alright, Del. We have what could possibly be two hostiles. One is a Siren, the other a werewolf. Use non-lethal force only, and don't use any explosives. We don't want a repeat of last time." The answer was clear over the radio, and just as the neko started out of the door to meet with his partner, a lady caught his eye. With his team spread thin now, and the bar under a possible threat, he couldn't risk leaving now. He decided to go reassure the girl who was tending to him, and then greet the new entrance.

She had made it around the corner of the building and to the fire escape. She grabbed hold of the bars and readied the muscles in her legs before pushing off, jumping up half the height of the building before catching on again. She grabbed hold of it again and then jumped once more, clearing the distance up unto the roof.
Just before she reached the door on the roof, she felt an impact as Larten collided with her, tackling her to the ground. She had a couple of spots of scrapped skin, but otherwise she was ok from the fall. Panic began to set in, causing her heart to thump in her chest. She managed to turn underneath him, a low growl rumbling in her chest. "It's not as if I have a fucking off switch, NO!" She growled, eyes still lit up and the color churning.

She could feel his hands yanking at her skirt and underwear and she managed to maneuver her leg and foot between the two of them before planting the length of her foot upon his chest. "If I were you, I'd try to just calm the fuck down..." She muttered before shoving at his chest, sending him flying away from her. She wasn't sure what the hell would calm him down though. Normally, she could use her voice to calm a human down, but it was different with these creatures.

She quickly stood, one hand gathering her skirt and underwear back around her hips. She took a few quick steps back, her hair a firey red halo around her face. She held out one hand, palm flat towards him in a gesture to stop where he was. She kept her eyes on his own, trying not to let them get distracted by the rather large exposed dick right in front of her. "Just....calm the fuck down. Apparently running isn't going to do the trick and I can't neccissarily use my voice, so just try to calm the fuck down." She paused for a second. "I don't know...try to think of like....cute little puppies or something man, just something, anything."

As he wandered around the bar looking for Trish, he couldn't help but let his eyes stray to the new girl. It was odd, seeing someone dressed like that, and he had a sneaking suspicion that she wasn't human. Either way, while he looked for Trish, his eyes were entertained with the sight off the girl in the corset.

Sharp hearing picked up on the commotion outside and her hair lifted the tiniest bit, noticed only by her, as she felt a charge run through the air. A siren was nearby, presumably the owner. Though judging by the commotion she would do better to wait for the owner to return versus going out and trying to find them, seeing as she didn't want to get caught up in whatever was going on outside. Then again..if the rouge was having a problem with a vampire, then she'd better damn well get involved. Before she could, however, her sights locked on another walking towards her. A vampire, she was sure of it. Karina decided to stay where she was and look innocent, play like a cute little scene girl and see what he was after, maybe she could distract him from his true purpose. After all, she was good at hiding who she really was. No one would know unless she wanted them to.

Larten continued to grab for her body, trying to grab hold of anything he could to remove her clothing and such, his mind still trying to resist the urge, but since she was just within his grasp literally almos there to the point he could penetrate her the willpower became to strong. He felt her foot on his chest and smiled, she could fight back, and that would help him to the point... he would be grateful.

Larten quickly placed a hand on the floor pushing upwards so he could get into a standing position, a smile on his face she had just probably given him enough help to break the spell. "Thank you." Larten said with a smile, he turned his right hand into that of his white furred werewolf paw, literally punching himself hard in the face, his teeth slightly scratched him, his mouth filling with blood as he smiled, the first ever werewolf to break the Siren spell... he felt proud as fuck to be able to do that.

Finally Larten noticed... his mouth hurt. He place his hand on his chin, slightly moving it from side to side trying to see how broken or hurt it was to see how well he could fix/adjust to the new found pain. The blood trickled over his bottom jaw and he smiled wiping the blood off with the back of his hand. "Well... thats a lot of blood." Larten said winking towards Kat a smile on his lips. "Very nice... that kick gave me that sudden boost to break my fucking jaw." Larten said with a chuckle, the blood flow starting to slow down suddenly as he took a seat on the edge of the building. "Sorry about that... werwolf...y'know...not fun."

He sat next to her, looking around for Trish."Hello. You wouldn't happen to know where the other bartender is, would you?" His ears flicked up, trying to pick up the sounds of her footsteps. "And would you tell me why you are wearing a corset? It's not exactly warm out." He had nothing but genuine care in his voice, and it was obvious now that he was not a vampire.

She relaxed as her first impression proved wrong about the male, not a vampire after all. Though it was better to be safe than sorry when she was assessing another being. "Looks sexy" she smirked easily. "And I've got the alcohol and perhaps a man to warm me up." she winked at him easily as she leaned against the bar. Looking him over she realized she had missed one of his questions also, "No I just arrived here. No one has brought my order yet." She shrugged and let her eyes roam again, wondering if he was going to stay where he was beside her or move on and continue his search for the other girl.

His ears pricked up, taking in any sound that happened. He heard nothing, and though his tail was visible, it was limp. He looked back to the door, then let his eyes focus on the girl. "That's just perfect." He turned away, once again focusing on the door. His eyes scanned for movement, either one of his teammates, or a hostile. "Well, I'll tell you this much. What you said about it being sexy is definately true," Had he really just said that? "But I'm not sure alchahol is the perfect way to warm up. What exactly do you drink anyways?"

With the commotion with Kat and everything else, Trish had been running around, trying to clean up the mess of glass upon the floor when another female patron walked in. It took her a minute, but when she had a moment, she made her way back to the bar area. She had remembered hearing the girl ask for a double whiskey. Jack had seemed to make his way over to the new patron, which was lucky for her.

She fixed the double whiskey and then made her way over towards the two with a smile upon her face. "Sorry for the wait guys, we just had a little bit of an incident. You wanted a double whiskey, honey?" She set the drink down in front of Karina. "It'll be 5.50. Let me know if you want to run a tab or pay in cash." She turned to Jack and motioned towards him. "Did you want another white wine?"

Up on the roof, Kat watched as Larten stood and then punched himself in the face. She frowned a little, unsure of what he was doing until he spoke again. Right, snapping himself out of it. She drew in a large breath of relief and relaxed just a small bit. "It's alright....this wasn't my first rodeo. I'm just glad no one got killed in the process." She took a moment to straighten out her skirt and her clothes before she looked Larten and herself over. They were a mess.

She turned, with one more wary glance towards him, before she made her way towards the access doorway. "Come on...I have a first aid kit and rags to clean up this mess." She said, motioning for him to follow. When she rested the door, she opened it up and made her way down the stairs to the second door which lead to the second story bar area. She could see one more patron had walked in and she cursed softly under her breath. Trish seemed to have cleaned up some of the mess of glass and she was grateful.

She was too distracted at the moment to notice that the girl was a siren. She headed straight for the employee's lounge and slipped into the room. It wasn't long before she found the first aid kit and some spare rags. She made her way over to the sink and ran the water over the rags for a moment before ringing them out. By this time, her scrapes had already healed, but she had a little blood upon her skin here and there. It was no where near the amount that the werewolf had, so she cleaned the blood off with ease while she waited for Larten to catch up.

"Open a tab for me dear." she smiled easily as she took the double shot, nodding her thanks to the bartender before smiling at Jack. "Good you think so. And if you don't think the alcohol will work..you wanna come home with me?" her wink was teasing and it was pretty clear that she was teasing, at least for this moment in time. Hell she didn't even know his name yet, though that'd happened before. Her gaze was distracted as a girl with fire red hair walked in, causing her senses to heighten immediately. The siren she was looking for. She feigned disinterest and returned her gaze to the fox man beside her and the drink in her hand. She wouldn't make a move until she was both sure of her target, and ready to deal with it. And for right now she just wanted to have some fun.

Well, poor Jack, not being really experienced around women, especially sirens, simply looked away blushing. For the moment, he was on his own. His team had been called back to base, and it would take a while for them to get back. "Sure, Trish. Can I get another white wine?" He returned his gaze to the woman in front of him, making sure his blush was gone. "Heh. Had it not been for the fact there might be a threat outside, I would gladly accept." He hoped for his sake this was a joke. He was an experienced soldier, not an experienced lover.

Trish gave a nod and a smile at the two's request and she turned, taking another mug out from the cabinet and poured Jack another white wine. Setting it in front of him, she gave a small grin at the obvious fluster on the man's face at Karina's comment and she arched a brow. "Be easy on him lass, he looks wet behind the ears." She said playfully before she turned and noted the tab on her notebook. She caught the mention of a threat outside and she arched another brow. She wanted to ask about what he meant, but she didn't want to overstep. She'd mention it to Kat though when she returned and she could do with the information what she wanted to.

Karina smiled lightly, thinking his shyness was cute. "I wanna pet you. You're just so cute." she smiled easily, with kindness this time. Tossing back her shot she looked around again, amused at his answer of worrying about a threat. Most men only thought with one head, and it wasn't the visible one. Therefore she was surprised to be in the company of one who was thinking with the right one, well what she was considering the right one at the moment.

He nodded at Trish, taking out 20 dollars and handing it to the waitress. "Here, keep the rest as a tip." He smiled, starting to unwind, but he kept his eye on the door, waiting for something bad to happen like it always does. When he heard Karina talk, he focused back on her. "Yeah, you're the first person who doesn't want me dead. Besides the waitress here." He chuckled lightly, his ears always on the constant look-out. The gears in his head had stopped for a minute, the blood that wasn't being used rushing to his cheeks, creating another blush.

Larten watched as she made her way towards the door, he nodded as he slowly got up wiping the blood off his chin with the back of his hand, making his way towards the door groggily swaying slightly as he made his way down tothe second floor, his hands resting on the wall or wiping away the blood on his face balancing himself as he moved downwards. His steps abnormally slow as he smiled gently. Damn he clearly underestimated his own strength...damn did he hate being a werewolf...it hurt.

Larten walked into the room a smile on his face trying to reassure people who looked at the bloody mess on his face. The blood had stopped flowing but the excess was still slowly seeping out of his mouth. He made his way towards the bar Kat had moved towards watkg no time as he slowly slid himsel into position in the seat in front of her leaning over the table a big geeky smile on his face as he smoke. "Boy that was fun."Larten said through a mouthful of metallic blood.

Trish turned and grabbed the twenty that was offered her by Jack. "Thanks doll..." She anwsered sweetly before turning back to the register to cash out the drinks and slipped the change into her pocket.

In the back employee area, Kat turned as Larten entered the room. She watched as he sat at a table and she made her way towards him with the wet rags and the first aid kit. "How fast do you heal? Do you have any cuts that need to be bandaged?" She asked, taking a seat next to him. She lifted one of the wet rags and began to mop up the blood that was caked and flowing on his face.

When one rag filled up with blood, she took the second wet rag and began to work at wiping the blood off his face. She gave a short chuckle at his responce. "No shit, huh..." She muttered, eyeing his mouth and chin for a moment. "I think I got most of it off of your face." She discarded the second rag and grabbed the third before turning back towards him. Leaning in, she wipped at the blood that had drippled down on his neck as well. "You did quite a job on your jaw there, cowboy. Let's hope you heal as well as you handle a situation like the one up on the roof."

Larten pushed a finger into his lips feeling around for cuts or wounds that clearly were there were no longer there a smile on his face as he chuckled. "Woah Woah Woah someones worrying about me!? That's a first."Larten teased with a wink as he sat forward trying not to move as she wiped away the blood from his face a smile slowly growing on what used to be just a solemn stare. "But I do have this one damn thing where you kicked me in the chest...by the way thanks for that it hurt like a bitch." Larten said with a chuckle lifting up his shirt and off his body to reveal his near perfect body with only a few scars on his pecs but his abs virtually unscathed a smile on his face as he pointed to a bruised area on his chest and smiled.

Larten smiled watching as she switched rags to clean off his face his chin didn't hurt anymore because it had already healed himself which of course he was grateful for. He smiled letting her clean his neck a grin on his face as she spoke. "I thought I handled the situation marvelously...if you know I didn't punch my god damn self and try to stop me...it could have gotten a little...messy." Larten smiled a genuinely friendly smile as she finised cleaning off his neck. He grabbed the rag out of her hand and chuckled. "You have some blood right...."Larten rubbed the dirty rag over and around her lips smiling. "There."

Kat shook her head, arching a brow at him. "Uh huh...I'm sure you've probably had dozens of women care for you over time. I'm just making sure you don't make a mess of blood in my bar." She said teasingly. She watched as he lifted his shirt to reveal the bruise from her foot on his chest. She let out a light laugh. "If it wasn't for my foot, you'd either be dead, or I'd be....well....not so good right now."

She gave a soft shrug and then watched as he grabbed the last wet rag from her hand and wiped at a bit of blood near her lips. She lifted a hand, slender fingers playing over her flesh to feel for any other signs of blood on her face. "Thanks....I appreciate it." There was an awkward silence for a moment before she gave a small chuckle and stood from her chair. "Maybe we should head back to the bar. I'm sure my bartender Trish is cursing me out for disappearing on her and I probably have a mess to clean out there as well." She said, averting her eyes to the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom