Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prince of Felirae(Disgrace/Braidden)

Star Pupil

Old soul
Black Star had been assigned to go to the kingdom of Felirae and revive it. The great Mana tree, the tree that gave life to the entire land, was dying. And with it, the land was dying too. Her job was to give the tree a jump start. She alone could not save the entire kingdom. There was a royal line that needed to be started. For right now, no descendants of Fae could be spared to rule Felirae except her. As she climbed the mountain to see the Great Tree, she wondered exactly how long she could sustain the land without anyone to do it with.

Finally, reaching the mountains peak, she gazed onto the heart of the giant mass of twisted and nearly dead branches. There was only a few leaves left, so it wasn't completely dead. It mirrored the state of the land. Almost dead, barren. She pressed her hands on the tree, and closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath, her aura began to glow, and she forced it into the tree. Suddenly, there was a big spark and she was thrown back. She fell on her backside and cursed under her breath. Why did this happen? The only time a tree rejected Fae mana, was when it was already claimed by another bloodline. But the bloodline was no more! Its defenses were supposed to disappear and accept the next bloodline that was to appear.

Then it hit her. There was a survivor. Somewhere in the Kingdom. Someone was connected to the bloodline in some small way. Was he a bastard child? An escapee? She grabbed her luggage and began descending the mountain, using her magic to accelerate her speed. She had to find him. If the mana tree were to die, it would take decades to restore it. It wasn't long before she found herself in the dying kingdom. Poverty was great here, considering the fact that it was extremely difficult to sustain crops in dying soil.

Asher toiled in the fields at the edge of the kingdom. Though crops still grew in this area, more and more farms started to grow barren. Even with his green thumb he seemed to struggle with making enough to survive off of, let alone help keep the other familys fed. But he some how managed to do so. He didn't know why his farm still stood while the others withered away, not even leaving a meal for the bugs.

Of course Asher learned not to panic too much, he had been farming all of his life and face many many droughts. At least he wasn't aware that this was more than just a simple drought that was going on. He was oblivious that this withering had spread through the entire kingdom. He probably wouldn't of known what to do if he did know the extent of it.

Black Star knew how bad the Felirae would be. The rich were desperately clinging to whatever they had left leaving the poor to suffer more and more. She couldn't even walk a few feet before being solicited for money or food from half starving orphans. She felt bad for them, but she had more important things to do than to help them right now. She needed to find the last of the royal Felirae bloodline.

She had no idea where to look. There was a very high chance that the one possessing the blood hadn't unlocked any of their magic potential. She would have to draw it out of them. But, with so many people here and little time, she'd have to figure something out.

She closed her eyes and began to touch buildings, trees, and other objects, attaching her essence to them. The one she was looking for would be drawn to these things naturally, and once they touched it she could track them down. It was the only thing she could do. She came upon a farm, and where there was farms, there was workers. She placed her hand on the gate, and then left to mark other areas.

Asher paused in his work, pulling himself back up to standing straight. He hoped this acre of crops would survive to harvest. He tilted his head back letting the breeze blast against his sweaty cheek while he watched the crimson sun dip below the horizon. No more work could be done for the day, all he could do was hope it held up.Placeing his hand upon the gate, he looked over the land one final time before heading to his shack.

Asher managed to catch a herring in the stream and have a meal for the night. He returned to the stream and stared into the shimmering depths. Dipping his hand in he washed his face, his green eyes no long peeking through cheeks caked in dirt. The few freckles no longer concealed. His ear length blonde hai made a dirty blond. But for now he sighed and turned to his shack and to his small haytick bed

As soon as some of her mana was activated, she knew. It was like a rush. Black Star stopped in her tracks and then made a bee line straight towards that feeling. She found herself gazing upon the home of the last of the Felirae Royalty bloodline. She forced the door open and walked straight in. She could tell it was a male now that she was this close. Perfect. Despite the different bloodlines, after a ritual they could be husband and wife and create a stronger bloodline for the future of Felirae.

She looked across the room to him getting ready to go to bed. "Hello. No time to rest, come with me please." She said simply.

Beautiful Disgrace said:
As soon as some of her mana was activated, she knew. It was like a rush. Black Star stopped in her tracks and then made a bee line straight towards that feeling. She found herself gazing upon the home of the last of the Felirae Royalty bloodline. She forced the door open and walked straight in. She could tell it was a male now that she was this close. Perfect. Despite the different bloodlines, after a ritual they could be husband and wife and create a stronger bloodline for the future of Felirae.

She looked across the room to him getting ready to go to bed. "Hello. No time to rest, come with me please." She said simply.

Ashe turned on his heel as soon as he heard the voice, and there he saw an unfamiliar woman. She had to be new, this was a rather small community, he know everyone that lived here. What startled him more were her mannerisms, the only time someone barged into his home and gave him orders was around tax time.

He shook off the startled feeling and cleared his throat. "Who are you and what do you want of me?" He figured he had a right to such questions seeing as she wasn't flanked by knights

Black Star rolled her eyes and looked at the tarp on the wall that acted as a curtain. She tore it off the window and lifted it up. "I am your wife." She simply said as she laid down the tarp and then began collecting his belongings and placing them in the middle of the cloth. After packing his necessities, she tied up the tarp and tossed it at him. "No time to explain anything more than that. Just follow me." She started towards the door and opened it, then waited for him to step out. If he were to protest any further she'd need to expedite the situation.

Asher blinked rapidly at her answer, and it only furthered his confusion and reluctance to follow her. He made no move to stop her from gathering his things, in fact he didn't move at all. He just kind of stared at the woman vapidly not knowing how to respond. She was quite pretty and he wouldn't mind having a wife. But she was a complete stranger. "M...m-my what?" he stammered

She sighed, not wanting to do it the hard way, but there was just no time. She tapped her staff on the floor and then a large black arrow appeared underneath his feet. "Vector plate." She said simply. The arrow activated and then forced him to go flying through the door and she then closed it. "Sorry about that. Just come with me and I promise not to do it again. Felirae is in great danger, and you're the only one who can save it. Every second we wait is a second the Great tree has to suffer. The more the Great tree suffers, the more danger Felirae is in. Please, just start walking." She offered her hand to him, since she had been the one to knock him down in the first place. She wasn't above taking him by force, but it was much easier to convince him to move his own feet. This was probably the first time he had seen magic, so she ran the risk of confusing and panicking him even more.

Asher looked down as she began to draw on the floor. He suddenly began to wonder if he had been found by some lunatic. But soon other thoughts rushed through his mind, like trying to keep his lunch in as he was suddenly lurched out of the door. He looked up at her his eyes wide with shock, he had heard about mages and the like, but never experienced any kind of magic. That was what spurred him to be a bit more compliant with her, he was taught to be respective if them. He got to his feet and sighed, picking up his bag "I have no clue what you are talking about. But I will follow"

She was glad he was compliant. "Don't worry, I will explain as soon as we are out of town. For right now we have to be quiet. The guards are out tonight, correct? All the peasants have a curfew in place and the way you dress screams peasant. If we can get out of this district, then I may be able to fool them with this..." She began to circle him and then waved her staff once more. His whole body began to glimmer and after a couple of bright flickers of light, he was dressed in legitimate mage clothing. "A lot more fitting for royalty. Now if anyone stops us keep your face down. They might recognize you." As they snuck out of the slums, Black Star had to keep an eye out. There was no time to be stopped and questioned, and usually guards did not stop mages.

Asher looked over the sudden change of clothes. The material felt very strange to his skin. But they felt nice, more comfortable that the roughly woven fabric he was used to wearing. He followed her through the slums, keeping his head down, this was a small village on the outskirts of the kingdom, just about every one knew everyone. The guards knew better than to slow down a mage and did not stop Blackstar for questioning. It was very rare that mages come through here

The easiest part was over. There was the issue of climbing the mountain. Black Star had done it very quickly because it was hard for her to get fatigued. Dragging him would prove difficult though. They wouldn't get up the mountain until sunrise, and that was if they didn't stop. Now that they were out of town, she could speak freely. "What is your name, descendant of Fae, prince of Felirae?"

He followed her out of the town, he couldn't help but look over his shoulder. He knew it would probably slow them down. But he felt his confusion growing at the names she called him. But once more he held back his questions, it would most likely just lead to more. "Asher" He said, like most of the peasants around the town, he had no surname. He stared ahead and eyed the mountains ahead of him

"Asher." Black Star repeated. "I don't have all the answers. I have no idea how you've escaped the massacre of the royal family. But you did. You are the successor to the throne. If you do not reclaim your title and start the new royal bloodline with me, then this land is doomed." The pace of her walking began to quicken, she was very concerned that the tree would die any moment. "Now I'm going to prepare you for the worst...knocking the current king off his throne will be extremely difficult. In fact its very likely that he will try to assassinate us before we even get back to the village. He knows how things are."

Asher paused in his tracks hearing the last part of what she said. He felt his feet now wanting to move backward, back to the village. The king could be sending assassins after him? It couldn't be true, he was just a peasant farmer that didn't hurt any one, and he certainly never saw himself a threat to the throne. Even though it all sounded insane, he still found himself believing the woman's words. Even if he didn't know what she meant by descendant of Fey and other things, he knew this had to be done. Maybe he could find the answers he seeked with time. With a loud breath he willed his feet to move forward, breaking into a jog to catch up

She knew it would slow him down but the fact that he kept moving pleased her. It would be more inconvenient if he decided to run from his destiny because she was the one supposed to guide him to it. "I know this is all very sudden. But I will protect you until you can protect yourself. The Kings orders are to assassinate whoever is responsible for reviving the tree. If I kill them all, which I will, he won't know who it is. He doesn't know names." They continued on and finally they made it, just before sunrise. He had kept up a lot better than she expected but was probably worn out. He was in no position to help her revive the tree. She circled it and then leaned against it. Its pulse was weak but there. "Sit down for a minute. Rest so we can do this properly."

Beautiful Disgrace said:
She knew it would slow him down but the fact that he kept moving pleased her. It would be more inconvenient if he decided to run from his destiny because she was the one supposed to guide him to it. "I know this is all very sudden. But I will protect you until you can protect yourself. The Kings orders are to assassinate whoever is responsible for reviving the tree. If I kill them all, which I will, he won't know who it is. He doesn't know names." They continued on and finally they made it, just before sunrise. He had kept up a lot better than she expected but was probably worn out. He was in no position to help her revive the tree. She circled it and then leaned against it. Its pulse was weak but there. "Sit down for a minute. Rest so we can do this properly."
Asher did look over his back quite a bit along the way there. The thought of turning and fleeing became stronger and stronger the further they traveled. But once the lights of his village disappeared from view he knew it was far too late. The woman offered him protection, she knew magic so he should be fine. He tried to reassure himself. Once they made it to the tree he took a seat beside it, catching his breath

She kept her back to the tree to make sure the pulse did not stop. She looked at Asher and wondered what she could do to make him feel less worried. She was no good at soothing others. But this would be her future husband. It was also her mission to grow close with him so their magical wavelengths could match in harmony. Only then would the Kingdom of Felirae be complete.

"Asher," she began, looking at her feet and starting to blush. She had no idea what to say at all. "Are you hungry?" She blurted out, and then wanted to smack herself for asking such an idiotic question instead of what she really wanted.

Asher actually seemed to doze off for a short while, a gentle breeze hitting his sweaty face seemed to do the trick for him. Of course he still didn't sleep easy, his worries materialized into dreams. And one thing Asher never understood, he could feel his dreams

So, say, if he got stabbed in the shoulder in his dream he'd feel the pain. And that is exactly what happened. He clasped his shoulder iin his sleep, his face cringed. But hearing his name seemed to make it stop, he opened his eyes. Just waking up he took a while to register her question "Oh um, yes"
He wanted to ask about her calling herself his wife earlier..but he didn't know how to go about it

She turned around and looked at him. She had no idea he managed to doze off. In fact this whole time she had never even looked at him. She nodded and then disappeared. She had heard a noise close to where they were, and she knew a wild boar was close by. She didn't feel anyone else near, and she was constantly making sure that they weren't being watched. Most likely the kings men would not assemble until everyone witnessed the rebirth of the mana tree. She found the boar and simply shot a fire ball at it. It died quickly and then she walked closer to it. "I'm sorry...but you will feed us good tonight." She smiled at the dead animal and then warped right back to their resting spot. "How do you like it done?" She asked, holding her hand to it as if she were going to shoot more magic at it. "Oh, by the way. Your machete is in the tarp."

Asher jumped seeing her suddenly vanish right before eyes. He really needed to get used to being around this magic thing. He wasn't going to be of much help if his heart jumps into his throat every time some one pulls a disappearing act. Just when it seemed that he had composed himself, her reappearance knocked him glat onto his backside. He looked down at the boar and seemed a bit confused at first, hunting was restricted, most peasants couldn't participate. So a meal of pork was indeed a very rare occurance. "Um roasted?" He said, trying to figure out how he had it before

She looked down at it and then instead of a fire ball that came out before hand, a constant beam of heat was shot at it for just a few seconds. She then grabbed at one of its legs and pulled hard enough for the leg to snap off, and then sat down beside it and began to eat. "Go ahead, cut what you want out of it, you need your strength back so we can restore Felirae back to the way it should be. Oh, and for the trek back down. People will get suspicious if you were gone for too long." She then went back to devouring her meat, for a lady with her level of beauty she sure did not have any manners.

She didn't even think twice about scaring him with her magic. It was second nature to her after all.

Beautiful Disgrace said:
She looked down at it and then instead of a fire ball that came out before hand, a constant beam of heat was shot at it for just a few seconds. She then grabbed at one of its legs and pulled hard enough for the leg to snap off, and then sat down beside it and began to eat. "Go ahead, cut what you want out of it, you need your strength back so we can restore Felirae back to the way it should be. Oh, and for the trek back down. People will get suspicious if you were gone for too long." She then went back to devouring her meat, for a lady with her level of beauty she sure did not have any manners.

She didn't even think twice about scaring him with her magic. It was second nature to her after all.

Asher may have not been used to magic, but it really seemed to be useful. He grabbed the machete and sliced himself off a piece of the hog, with out any real utensels, he had to eat the same way she did. After swallowing a few bites, he finally looks up to her the question beginning to bug him far too much "Um earlier, you said you were my wife. What did you mean?

By the time he had started eating, she had already gotten down to the bone. She was reaching for another piece when he spoke up. She stopped in her tracks and then pulled her hand back. "What I meant by that is," She began, her eyes shifting to the bone that she had laid in front of her. A light blush came on her face. "Well, every kingdom needs to have a royal family...and although its not required for both King and Queens to be mages, they still need to produce a legitimate heir to the throne. The first born is always the one who is the successor." She bit her lower lip. "Also, this land is much too barren for you to sustain on your own. You need me to help you, but I won't be able to do that until we do the ritual of joining. Felirae will not be the same unless do that." Her face was now extremely hot. "I was sent here to revive the tree and wait for another mage to do this with, but its more convenient this way...You're already attuned to the great tree, and so..."

She trailed off, not being able to keep her voice steady. That ritual was something she was always embarrassed about.

Back
Top Bottom