Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Curse Of The Fae (metal-blood-fire & darkangel76)

Angela wasn’t sure if she should be comforted if Ulf believed her or not. The fact that he did, made things easier in a way. But it didn’t change the fact that she was far from her own home and time and that, according to what he’d told her of his people’s legends, he’d have no choice but to kill her. As she took the clothes he offered her, she had no doubt that he could kill her easily. He was twice her size, his large hands could snap her in two. Swallowing, she could see the look on his face in her mind. The one he’d had not all that long ago when she fell from the sky and landed on top of him.

“I see,” Angela spoke softly. “Though I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t have believed it myself if I hadn’t been transported like I was. I’m still trying to understand…” her voice trailed. She looked at the clothes she held in her hands.

Almost instantly, Angela’s cheeks reddened. Glancing around, she could see that Ulf’s humble dwelling had no rooms. It was just one large space with all the necessities a person needed located along the walls and in the corners, each section designated to a particular purpose. So where was she to change? There was no privacy at all.

“Umm…” Angela began, her voice low and hesitant. “Where am I to change?” she asked, hoping Ulf would understand her embarrassment and at the very least turn around while she changed.

As Angela waited for Ulf to answer, she could hear the wind picking up speed outside, howling violently, making the place shake. Instinctually, she wrapped her arms about her body. She then shivered as the cold from the outside began to seep through the cracks of the place and settle deep within her bones. As she waited, she hoped that they could figure out an alternate way to break the dagger’s curse and its affect on his bloodline. For she just wasn’t ready to die.

Ulf couldn't help but laugh as the small woman asked where she was to change. "Are you embarrassed? I won't look upon your body as you change if that's what you're worried about." Ulf turned around, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You'll have to make your own clothes. I'll get you furs, but I've nothing to pay a clothes maker to make them for you. You'll look ridiculous in over sized clothes." Strangely, as Angela changed, Ulf felt the urge to turn around and look at her. He grinned and shrugged the...

... urge off. Considering he'd tried to kill her less than an hour ago, it was a silly notion. Probably mostly due to the fact he'd been without female company for a considerably long time. He most certainly was not enjoying the lonliness. That wasn't the kind of thing Ulf would ever admit to, though.

As Angela finished changinig, Ulf turned to look at her and laughed. "You look strange in such loose clothing." The clothes looked like a tent hung on her.

As Angela changed, she listened to Ulf’s words about making her own clothes. It made it easier to focus on them as she kept her eyes fixed on the back of his head. She was grateful that he seemed understanding of her modesty and that he respected it. Once dressed, she winced. The clothes were huge on her small body, making her seem lost within them.

“All right, you can turn around now,” Angela stated, biting her lip.

Ulf turned around and laughed out loud. “You look strange in such loose clothing,” he bellowed making Angela blush a deep shade of red.

“You think I look strange?” Angela huffed, trying to hide her embarrassment. Mild sarcasm was far easier to deal with. “And is there no where I can purchase clothes for myself?” she asked.

Angela was horrible at sewing things, but didn’t want to admit to such a thing seeing as Ulf already found her amusing, something that struck a nerve with her for some reason. Whether it was having to admit to such a thing at all or having to admit such a thing to him that bothered her more, she didn’t know. She just hoped he knew someone who could help her, because she’d be at a total loss otherwise.

“So, do you know someone who sews well?” Angela asked. “Assistance would be… uh… nice.” She gave Ulf a smile, still trying to hide her embarrassment over her inability of being able to do something he apparently thought so simple. She didn’t want him to know she was so helpless, but she knew she also was coming off as such. Oh what a night for time traveling to a place and time she so wasn’t ready to handle.

"Anyone who could help you? Are you saying you can't sew for yourself? Bah, you truly are a strange woman, Angela." Ulf stroked his beard for a moment, thinking of anyone that could help her, or sell her cheap clothes that were already made. "Ah. There is one shop in the village. A clothing store. They sell already sewn clothes for cheap. Or so I hear. Don't expect me to spend too much on you."

Ulf looked at his bed, and her tiny frame. Still not enough room for the both of them, and she didn't seem...

like she was used to sleeping on the ground.Ulf was. "You can sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the ground."

Ulf's mind drifted to the dagger the woman held, which held a curse fron the fae. "You and I should find a way to break that curse. If we do, I'm sure you'll return home. And I'll be rid of the object, as well as the curse you carry." Ulf had said that last part coldly, not wanting he nor Angela to grow attached to one another. After all, they were bound to part soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom