Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If you want it, it will be made...

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Ok. If you guys want to firm up things and get this Persistent Worlds Forum made, I need the follow input from you guys:

1) Basic setup you'd like to have for the forum (this also includes an explanation for how you envision it 'work' as a forum).
2) Basic rules you'd like to have for the forum.
3) Nominations for Sectional Mods for the forum.
4) Other ideas you'd like to see implemented in the forum.
5) A possible name for the forum if 'Persistent Worlds Forum' (or something like that) isn't what you want.

Those serious about this, please post and give input for the above. Thanks. The sooner you guys do this, the sooner you'll have your forum for play.

~+~+~

What I sort of envision: A basic set up similar to OR. The difference being that people have the option of either 1) jumping into another's RP or 2) using the world created by someone in their own RP (be it straight out or as a means of traveling from 'world' to 'world'). That said, I think it would be wise to have 2 threads that are stickied as important. Namely, a Character Profile thread and a World Set Up thread (where the creator of the world puts in their own criteria that MUST be followed for the world they create and establish). I think you all also need to come up with a means of how exactly your characters can move from world to world in a seamless way. Whether it's via a portal or a point where all worlds meld together is up to all of you.

As for rules, I see them being similar to what's already been established in OR. No godmodding, no mary-sues/gary-stus, no invincibility, give people a chance to react, etc etc. But again, tweaks can be made to however you all see best fit. Mainly, if common sense stands, things should be fine. But that's my opinion on the matter.

As for sectional mods? Well, based on interest and people I personally think would do an outstanding job of it are the following:
1) BlackWingAngel (this was his original idea after all),
2) Nihilistic_Impact and
3) Mister Master

There you go. My 2 cents. So have at it. :)

*cracks knuckles* I'll be contributing to this soon. I like the idea, and may be a newb, but at the very least I'll throw out ideas and volunteer my participation as a player. I just need some time to read over the threads and get on the same page. But I want to express interest now ^^ *goes off to read and prepare ideas*

no seriously I think MM's idea makes the most sense

but on the subject of editor .. I also think MM would be the best choice for editor.
but I think he already opted out of that. or did he.

So I would nominate:
DarkAngel76
ZombiesGalore
Nihilistic_Impact

however the first two are already moderators and there probably already busy with out giving them even more work.
so that would put Nihilistic_Impact as my top pick right after MM

I also agree with DarkAngel76. Mostly her second paragraph..
Nothing ticks me off more then somebody God Modding. But I always think that there are going to be newbies that just are not going to understand this concept even when it's placed in the rules.

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is how they would move from world to world [ I'm sure I'm not the only one that is trying to grasp this as well ].
I seem to like MM's idea best and this is a quote from his post in the other thread:
Again, though, my favorite method is Pandora Star method, also similar to the Amber method, where you're wandering your own city/village/hive/whatever, and you lose your way for a moment, and then you turn a corner and woah, you're in a completely different place. And if you lose your way again there, you're either in a new place or you find your way back home. You don't feel the transition, it's like when you go in your building and you get off on the wrong floor and everything is different. And theoretically anyone can do it from anywhere. But most people don't. Those that do, that discover the knack of willing it to happen, that learn how to control it, control where they go and when, they can be guides.

I also think that this is going to be a huge huge undertaking ...
and it might be a good idea to have more then one Mod.. One Moderator might be good in the beginning but as it grows I think we are going to need two or three.

Vek and I are willing to give you as many as 3 sectional mods, depending on setup, etc. which is why we'd like for you all to make your nominations. Those with the highest support and so on will be considered (assuming, of course, that those nominated want the position). As far as a moderation team goes, exclude admin and global mods from your choices. That means, neither myself nor ZG are available for that as we already have positions that take up a lot of time.

As for setup in general, in the end, this is indeed for all of you interested. So a consensus and/or compromise needs to be made. We want to make as many people happy as possible, so keep this in mind when you state your cases. So, if one person is giving in one arena, expect another to be giving in another. In the end though, it'll be great. No doubt about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom