Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unusual Circumstances (Me and darkangel76)

On the outside, Lydia was the picture of serene calm. On the inside, she was chaos, the sea during the collision of two major storm fronts as they swallow any and everything that dares venture out into such waters. Her only solace was allowing her mind to stay connected to Alexander’s, but that meant shielding herself from her brother and his probing mind. Even in the midst of fury and rage as he struck her mate again and again, he had a way of seeing right into her heart.

So mustering up all that she could, Lydia tried to become numb while watching the sight unfolding before her. Philip and the other lycans beat and jeered at Alexander, mocking him as they inflicted their pain.

Maintaining such composure and giving off the haughty air that she wanted more, that she wanted to see the vampire’s blood turn the floors red, made Lydia’s lycan roar. Her soul aching, her body crying, she suddenly found a deep burning hatred boil deep inside for her brother. She needed him to leave, to stop, to call off the others. But she couldn’t, not yet, not without rousing suspicion.

Not knowing what else to do, Lydia reached out yet again to Alexander, her shields against her brother as strong as she could make them.

“I’m with you, Alexander,” Lydia projected to her mate as she heard the first of his ribs crack. “My arms around you, holding you, touching you.” She was a frantic mess on the inside, wailing, wanting to shift and tear her brother away from the man he was hurting. “My lips against yours, kissing, tasting, savoring.”

Reliving their first union was the only way Lydia could detach and allow the necessary events to unfold. The long minutes were pure torture, but she remained steadfast as she let the sneer fall upon her lips as she watched.

“Enough!” Lydia finally called out.

Philip and the other lycans stopped. They looked up at Lydia, their revered leader, a vision of regal beauty, and bowed.

“He deserves worse, sister. He deserves death,” Philip spat.

Lydia walked over to her brother and placed a gentle hand upon his shoulder. “No, brother. He may still be of use. Do not jump to conclusions so quickly.” She paused and leaned in close to his ear. “I admire your tenacity, but it’s your rashness that makes you incapable of leading.”

Philip growled at Lydia’s words, his body turning as his hand grasped at her throat. His hand didn’t squeeze even though he could’ve easily snapped her neck in two. She knew he wouldn’t dare. Not here, not now, not in front of the others. But she needed to show him strength, no fear, if he was to leave Alexander alone.

The other lycans glared at Philip, low rumbles resonating from their throats as they dared him to squeeze the life out of his sister. Conceding, he let go and gave Lydia a bow.

“My apologies,” Philip hissed, his voice low and humiliated.

“Of course I forgive you, dear brother,” Lydia stated as she gave her brother a kiss against his ear. “Consider this another lesson you’ve learned.”

Philip just smiled at Lydia as he watched her back away and move toward Alexander, lying in a heap on the floor. His expression was odd, almost maniacal, but it was clear that his lycan would stay.

“I want the vampire brought to my chambers, to the room beyond,” Lydia stated, voice calm, heart racing. The lycans bowed and did as Lydia demanded, immediately hoisting Alexander up and dragging him out of the throne room.

Philip quirked up an eyebrow as he watched the vampire being hauled away. All vampires brought to the room adjoining his sister’s never ventured out. At least, not alive. It was her special interrogation room, a room of torture and other such horrors. It was their last resort to obtaining vital information from vampires deemed to be valuable. Again he smiled, one that made Lydia shiver, that made her fear he suspected.

Giving her brother a fierce stare, Lydia turned on her heels and followed the lycans as they brought Alexander to her chambers.

He had such self-control that he didn't get up and rend this little lycan piece by piece in front of the group. This one was younger, even though he pretended to be older and strong. But the fact was, the only Vampire this boy would be able to fight was one on the floor severely injured already. There was haughty laughter that his fledgling of a person had that made him seem maniacal, crazy. A lust for power, though he was too afraid to do what was necessary to get it. He worked through others. It took just a few kicks and a quick study to figure that out about him. He was much different from his sister.

He heard the jeering and hollers for more blood, to rip his organs out and to break every bone in his body. But above all that, he heard the soothing - though worried - voice of Lydia, and another wave of calmness went through him, his beast practically purring as he heard her words, the memories of their lovemaking coming to mind behind his strong barriers in his mind. He reached out to her, helping her keep herself calm on the inside and out. He would regenerate from this damage in time, that was for sure.

She soon called out for this to stop, and he saw all the heads turn towards her, some bowing, though her brother stared at her in indignation. He make sure to keep his face blank, but his eyes shot like fire as he stared to the back of the head of Philip, his mind going straight into it, although he stayed back far enough that he wouldn't notice. What he saw was shocking, but he had to admit that he had the signs. He saw that he would have killed her right then. It was plain in his mind. But the other thing that he saw was what shocked him: it was like a black mist over his mind, sinking into strands of thought and controlling him. He cut those lines, and Philip let her go, looking slightly confused though still together.

Lycans came around him and started to carry him off, hearing what Lydia said. Near her rooms, it must have been some torture facility. Well, at least he wouldn't be bored. He knew that he would be tied down again. He was getting sick of bondage, in his personal opinion. As he was dragged off, he saw Philip staring at him in a slight state of confusion. It was then that he wondered how long he was under the influence.

The hallway shielded Lydia and Philip from the group in a moment, and he struck out then. His body shifted momentarily to a mist form, the ropes falling from his hand and ankles as they disappeared. He reappeared, standing though still wounded, the blood spatter on his chest hard to remove from mist form. His hand shot out, knocking the body away of his closest captor, then he jumped behind the next closest, his hands shooting to both sides of his head and twisting, snapping his neck efficiently. By then, the rest of the group were upon him, knocking him in the head to send him unconscious, then kicking and punching his form.

By the time he woke back up, he was tied down on a table with several nasty looking instruments nearby. Obviously a torture room. It was dark, but he could still see the nearby door. He also noticed that he must have been out of it for a while, because his skin was already mostly healed over, and he was feeling very hungry.

Lydia watched over Alexander as he laid there on the table. Her brother Philip had insisted on staying to greet him when he woke up, much to her chagrin. As the night wore on and the vampire showed no signs of waking, she managed to coax her brother into leaving.

“He’ll wake eventually, brother. You will have your time with him at some point. Just not now,” Lydia said soothingly, gently stroking Philip’s back to help calm him down.

Philip just smiled at his sister’s meager attempts to fend him off. It was as if he knew she was hiding something, wondering why she wanted to keep the vampire all to herself when she’d never exhibited such behavior before ever.

“Yes, Lydia mine,” Philip spoke, his voice showing signs of acceptance to her earlier words, though they were laced with loathe and disgust.

“Go now. When he’s ready, I’ll bring you back here before him,” Lydia then said, hoping that what she’d said would bring her brother some sense of peace.

Philip just nodded at Lydia before taking her hand in his own and giving it a squeeze. But the squeeze was far from gentle; it was a warning.

The moment Philip left, Lydia felt like she was going to collapse. She exhaled a breath she hadn’t even realized she’d been holding and immediately went over to Alexander’s side. She sat next to him for the rest of the night and throughout the day.

As a new night fell upon them, Lydia could see that Alexander had healed greatly. Most of his wounds had closed and his bruises were gone. She smiled at the sight of it, elated that he was nearly back to his old self once again. The moment he began to stir, she leaned over him and gave him a gentle kiss against his lips.

“I’ll be right back,” Lydia whispered before leaving the room to get her mate some fresh clothes to replace the torn ones he was still wearing.

When Lydia got back to the room, Alexander was fully awake and taking in the sight of the room he was in. She suddenly felt so very ashamed. The room was a place they put vampires for interrogations. Nearly all of them ended up dead.

“Alexander?” Lydia said, her voice soft, a low whisper. She placed the clothes beside her mate and touched his chest with a delicate hand. “You’re safe for now,” she added as she began to undo the ropes holding him down.

Lydia looked into Alexander’s eyes. She could see that he was blood-starved and without hesitation, she moved close to him, letting him see the pulsing vein in her milky white neck.

“You need to feed, my love. Please. Drink,” Lydia whispered before pausing. “My vein will always be yours.”

He was a little groggy as he woke up, so he did not hear Lydia's words as she disappeared. But it wasn't long before she was back, and his head was lifted. His body was still sore and tender from the attack he had suffered the night before, but he shrugged that off. She came back with clothes for him, and he simply smiled, shaking his head. "I do not need new clothes." He said softly. He focused for a moment, taking a little longer than normal because of how drained he was for sustenance. But fresh clothes appeared on him, unbroken over his sore body.

He felt her untying the ropes, and he stretched his limbs as they came undone, glad that he could feel them again. He looked to her, seeing her offering her neck to him. His tongue moistened his lips, his eyes showing a sharp spike of interest, and it took all of his self control to not launch himself at her. "I will need more than some from you right now." He whispered carefully to her, slowly moving to her, pulling her onto his lap, arms wrapping around her. "You need to go get fed again so I can have a little more."

He was fast about it, not wanting her to shift her perfect position. His fangs bit into her neck, and he moaned as he felt her delicious treat of blood burst into his mouth in a frenzy of flavor. He drank deeply from her, but he made sure not to drink that way, his fangs soon coming out, flicking his tongue along her neck where he bit.

"Have you noticed anything weird about your brother lately?" He asked, nonchalantly, though there was obvious meaning of what he was saying. "Has he done anything out of the ordinary?"

Lydia tilted her head at Alexander’s question regarding Philip. Her brother had always been one to try and raise her hackles. As a male lycan, that was typical behavior, regardless of age or hierarchy within families. Though, she had to admit, that as the war between lycan and vampire had grown in its intensity, his behavior had changed somewhat. It was subtle and more than likely not terribly noticeable to the other lycan subordinates. But to a sister?

Nodding, Lydia fixed her dark eyes on Alexander’s. “I would have to say yes.”

Lydia shivered as she thought on Philip’s recent smiles, the way he looked at her, touched her. The way he dared show defiance the night before in front of everyone, showing his lack of fear in committing murder of his own blood and leader. It was only a matter of time before he made his move. She knew him well, knew he wanted to make an example of her before the others. To show that he could break her and lead in a way that she could not.

Swallowing, Lydia knew that, more than ever, she needed to keep the bond between herself and Alexander a secret. The chaos it would cause if word got out would be detrimental. And not just to herself, but to the structure of the sect. It was fall apart entirely if Philip led them all. He was impulsive, lacked forethought and craved bloodshed all too much. For the sect to gain such a leader would mean complete and utter demise. And strangely enough, the others would follow despite that. For to them, destruction was a better alternative than having a leader who bedded with a vampire.

“He’s been increasing violent,” Lydia added. “But it’s been subtle. His defiance grows day by day. I fear it’s only a matter of time before he does something drastic.” Her blood felt cold at the thought of what her brother could do. His potential was limitless in that regard. “Why do you ask? Did you see something in him that I have not?”

Lydia wrapped her arms about Alexander, her head now leaning against his chest. Trying to ease her own fears over what was happening between them and the potential problem her brother could be, she took in the feel of his body against hers, its warmth, its everything. She wondered if he’d seen something. As a sibling, she knew there was room for error in her views of Philip. She knew he was capable of terrible things, though in the past she’d found it to be an asset. Now? She wasn’t so sure. His reckless and rash behavior, his ability to defy so easily, could now prove to threaten that which she held dear. Her own life and that of her mate’s, not to mention the lycan sect she currently led.

Heaving a sigh and bringing up a hand to gently caress Alexander’s face, Lydia waited for her mate to answer. She hoped for the best, but feared the worst.

He was listening intently, hearing her words about how he was changing slowly. "Then this wasn't recently." He said softly. He felt her move closer to him, and his arms held her close, his hand resting on the top of her head, slowly playing with her hair. His mind shot back to the moment he had connected with Philip in his mind, and he knew what was going on. "The recent actions your brother had done was not of his own accord." He said softly.

"Your brother slowly does more vile things each day in an effort to take control of your group. But, this isn't him making these moves. He's under the control of a Mage." He waited a moment to let that sink in. No matter how much of bitter enemies the Lycans and Vampires were, they had a common enemy in the magi. The spellcasters had a less-than-fond attitude to the 'unnatural' beasts of the world, wanting to rid them and use them for their own gains. It seemed to Alexander that one was doing it right now.

"I don't know who the mage is, but he is controlling your brother subtly. I saw the cloud of control in his mind, was able to stop him from killing you the other night when he grabbed your throat..." A small growl escaped his throat as he remembered that, before looking into her eyes.

"This is a danger to both of us. The Mage will find out and try to not only destroy us, but your group and any Lycans and Vampires that get in the way. It is dangerous to leave things the way it is now. I have to confront Philip and break his mind free from the mage, or else everything here is going to go to hell."

Lydia’s eyes widened as Alexander made mention of the mage. Never had she dared think that one would be bold enough to do such a thing, especially to one of her own, not to mention her brother. Though it made total sense. In the past, she’d trusted her brother implicitly, never doubted him. Not once. But as of late? He’d grown more rash, more careless, more defiant. And she had to admit that it was slowly beginning to frighten her.

As she thought on it, Lydia could feel her entire body go rigid with tension. If a mage was able to gain such a hold on one as strong as Philip, then there was no stopping them. Philip had always had a strong mind, an uncanny ability to probe others, including her. If what Alexander was saying was true, something she didn’t doubt, then there was trouble far worse than ‘vampire against lycan’ to worry about. It meant that they had a common enemy and it meant that they had plans to destroy her sect from the inside out, starting with her own death.

Lydia could feel the blood draining away from her face as she pondered over Philip’s recent behavior, the subtle changes that had been occurring over the past month or so. Her dark eyes slowly widened as she began piecing things together bit by bit.

Nodding at Alexander’s words, Lydia said, “He won’t be easy to break. My brother is strong.” She paused a moment, her hands shaking. “The fact that a mage has somehow overpowered him speaks volumes of their power, so I wouldn’t underestimate them.” Her eyes became wet with unshed tears at that moment. A strange wave of relief washed over her at the thought that her brother truly wasn’t trying to commit treason of his own accord, but a strong fear also took root deep within her soul. For if Philip could be manipulated like this, then the strength and will of the mage had to quite formidable. Swallowing, she looked at her mate, “How can we save my brother?” she asked.

Lydia felt at a loss for the second time since she’d crossed paths with Alexander, something she hadn’t been used to dealing with. It was as if all her vulnerabilities and weaknesses were suddenly being brought up to the surface for everyone to feast upon.

Needing his comfort, Lydia buried her face against Alexander’s chest, her hands clutching at his back, holding him close. Somehow they had to get through this, had to save Philip. Both of their kinds depended on it.

She pushed closer to him, wanting comfort, and he was more than willing to give it, his arms drawing her closer to him, fingers stroking through her hair and over her back as he softly whispered sweet nothings to her, trying to calm her down. A night ago, he would have killed anyone that suggested that he would do such a thing with a Lycan. Now, he was certain that such a curve in his beliefs was for a reason.

"Mages are very powerful, and although your brother is good with probing minds, it is doubtful with his impulsifeness that he could ward off a magi." He kissed her forehead gently, nuzzling his cheek against her head afterward. "But I can free him for a while from the Mage's influence, if not protect him long enough to take the mage down. I need to be alone with him, though. I will not risk him going into a rage and attacking you."

He shifted her to look into her eyes, his own stony in wanting her to agree with his decision. "I will pacify him if necessary, but I think you will know when I am finished, and you can come in. My mind is open to you, and you may be some help with calling to him that way. But we must hurry before more damage is dealt."

Lydia stared deeply into Alexander’s eyes. “This is my brother. And I trust you know how important he is to me, how my kind views blooded family…” her voice trailed as she let her mate fully into her mind, giving him access to the deepest corners of it to see and explore. “I will do whatever I can to help him. It must be done. I trust you, Alexander.”

And Lydia meant every word. They had to help Philip by whatever means necessary. It was their only hope to save both of their races. Her sect, her brother. Them. Though she wanted to be right there by Alexander’s side as they helped him, she understood why that could be problematic. The sight of her could set him off under the mage’s bidding, especially once they realized that the two of them were somehow privy to what was going on.

“Philip and several of my others are out hunting,” Lydia said with a wince. Nearly every night her lycans hunted vampires for capture and interrogation. Tonight was no different, only now, the idea of it bothered her, made her think of her mate and the cruelty he had to endure at their merciless hands. “They’ll be roaming these lands. Though Philip tends to hunt alone rather than with the pack. That’s always been his way even though I’ve stressed to him how much I dislike such behavior.”

Lydia looked at Alexander, her eyes wondering if they’d be able to free Philip. Or if their attempts would somehow end up in vain thus placing her brother in harm’s way and damning them all, vampire and lycan, to be pursued by a power hungry, blood thirsty mage. The mage had to be stopped, there was no doubt about that. She could only hope that luck would somehow be on their side and that her mate could perform the task he knew must be done.

"Your blood is my blood." He whispered softly. "The Vampires might have a harder time conceiving children and family, but they are protected more for it. I understand your love for your brother. He may be injured from being restrained if necessary, but I will not do anything that is unnecessary." He kissed her forehead before getting up, slowly pacing the room.

He could see into her mind, though he was lost in his own. This was going to be a long and drawn-out battle if this age even guessed at what was going on. He would lock down his power on his prey if he knew what was going to happen to his control. Yet any longer for a wait, and the Mage could have full control with time. He turned to Lydia.

"Call him to you. Tell him I am ready for interrogation by him. That will have him coming back in a moment. Try to get him to realize how much you want me hurt, destroyed at the end. That will make him off guard for what I am to do. The mage must have his hold cut from Philip, but he must be tracked if possible, as well."

He continued his pacing before sitting down. "You should hunt for blood, as well. You are getting drained by what I take by you. Go, get your meal while I take care of our enemy."

Lydia nodded in total trust and understanding. She knew without a doubt that Alexander wouldn’t harm Philip any more than necessary. Just enough to drive the mage away from his now tormented mind. The bond they shared was strong, his feelings for her running too deeply for him to even remotely consider doing anything that would upset her. Yes, she trusted him with all her heart and soul. Somehow her Alexander would bring her brother back to her, whole and well, making his mind his own once more.

Taking a breath, Lydia reached out to her brother, letting him know that his time had come. His time with the vampire. She blocked out everything that had transpired between herself and her mate, shielding it, protecting it, letting Philip only see what he needed to.

“It is done,” Lydia said, her voice low, a small tremor making it waver ever so slightly. “He’ll be here shortly.” She turned to look at Alexander, her dark eyes wide, showing their trust, but not hiding their fear.

Lydia walked over to Alexander and placed a hand against his chest. She let it rest there a moment before she brought it up to touch his face, only to get lost in his hair. Her face showed warmth, compassion, empathy.

“I must go feed, but I’ll be back soon,” Lydia whispered before pressing her lips to Alexander’s ever so tenderly. “Please be careful. Philip is strong, not one to be underestimated.” She nuzzled his neck, her breath hot against his skin. “But I know you’ll bring him back to me.” Her lips caressed the flesh of his neck before she pulled away to look into his eyes. “I’ll have to restrain you once again, but I’ll leave them loose enough that you can break free if you need to. And you need to phase back into your torn clothes.”

Lydia stepped away for a moment as she picked up the ropes to tie her mate back down to the table that looked so disgusting to her now. The thought of her Alexander lying on the thing made her want to wretch, but she had to stay strong for just a while longer.

Once Alexander was situated for Philip’s arrival, Lydia gave him one final kiss before leaving him alone in the darkness. But she’d be back soon, well fed and ready to give him her vein. And hopefully he’d give her, her brother back in return.

It was like baiting a trap, he nodded to her words, his shirt phasing out, coming back tattered, bloody. Most of the blood had been cleaned off from him. But he only needed a short appearance of being caught and ready for interrogation. Anything else would be overkill.

He felt the ropes going around his wrists and legs, testing them to see how much force he would have to put into breaking them. He would simply have shifted to mist if it wasn't some fibers in the weave that made it impossible to shift his form for some reason. It wouldn't take too much effort to break them. One final, held on kiss before she left the room, the darkness lingering, though it didn't bother him. The darkness was his ally.

It wasn't long before Philip walked into the room, kicking the door down in a hungry rage. Alexander made a play to look weak, drained of blood. His head was tilted away, though his mind could see it like he was looking straight at the lycan.

"Look what we have here. It has been a long time, Alexander." The normal acidic tones that he was use to hearing from the lycan was overlayed by something darker, more sinister. Alexander turned his head to look at the maniacal eyes of Philip, though even without delving into his mind, he could see the clouds of darkness that held back the man inside with its own control. But the tones overlaying the normal voice was familiar...

"I know what you are." Alexander said, and with a thought in his mind, the door slammed shut, barricaded. Philip turned and growled at the sudden power, and Alexander used that moment, ripping through the ropes like they were tissue, launching forward at the surprised man, turning even as it was too late to do anything about the bull rush from the 'captive man.'

His force knocked Philip back, and Alexander didn't relent. His fists pummeled at the man's stomach and chest, knocking wind from him so there would be little physical resistance. Alex threw the other man into a few walls before holding him against the last one, one hand holding the hands of the other, his other wrist at the man's throat.

His eyes locked onto Philips, and he dove into the man's mind.

It was much worse than the night before. It was like small tendrils seeping into certain spots before, but now it was fully enclosed. The Mage must have noticed what he had done and tried to take over. There was a little resistance, but without knowing what was going on, there was nothing that Philip could have done.

He was metholodical, slowly peeling the cloud away, cutting the connection between the mage and the lycan. But the mage - whoever it was - still had tricks up his sleeves. From such a distance, lightning came out from Philip's hands, striking Alexander and slowing him down slightly. Had it been the Mage himself casting it at that distance, Alex wouldn't be surprised if he had died. But coming from a person that could never use such a spell in millenia, all it did was sting.

"I will destroy all of you!" Philip spat out in a rage, trying to fight out of Alexander's grip. But he held fast, pushing him against the wall with more force, almost choking him with his wrist. It wasn't much longer before the connection to the mage was completely severed, and Alexander took full control of Philip's mind. He forced the lycan to sleep, carrying him out of the room with little incident, laying him down on Lydia's bed. He sat on the edge himself, waiting for his mate to come back. He was sure that she would like to have her brother back.

As a last thought, knowing that Philip would still hate him, he shifted his form to that of a snow wolf, his fur a pure white, and curled up in the corner. He knew Lydia would know it was him.

Lydia raced out into the night, her mind still lingering on Alexander and the events that could possibly unfold when Philip went to meet with him. She hoped her mate would be successful and somehow drive the mage out of her brother’s mind. Whether or not he could actually do it, she didn’t know. But she knew he’d try his best and that was all she could really ask for.

Trying to clear her mind and focus on her own hunt, Lydia shifted into the form of a wolf. Her fur was the color of her long, dark hair and her body was just as sleek and toned as it was when in her human form. Dark eyes flashing, nose searching for prey, she ran through the night toward the tiny village just beyond the woods. She knew she’d find what she needed there. Human blood.

Lydia stalked just outside the village, looking for the perfect target, the one who would give her precious sustenance. It didn’t take long. She soon saw a drunk man stumbling about. He was rambling, alone. The ideal human in which to feed from.

Lydia pounced the man, dragging him off with her teeth as he thrashed about. The moment he was surrounded by trees and darkness, she shifted into her human form and smiled at him. The man’s expression turned startled, his face blanching a deathly shade of white. But she just smiled at him as she knelt down and sunk her teeth into his shoulder. She drank fiercely, quickly, deeply. Once sated, she laid the man down. He’d wake up by the time the sun rose and with a horrendous hangover, she had no doubts. And all memories of her would be a blur, nothing but a delusional drunken vision.

Smiling, Lydia shifted back into her wolf form and bounded back to her castle. She hoped that Alexander fared well with Philip. And that somehow Philip would be all right as well.

Lydia bounded into the castle and through the corridors until she reached her room. She paused a moment before nudging the door open, her wolf heart racing with fear and anxiety. Letting out a small whimper, she pushed the door open. On her bed she saw Philip resting and in the corner she saw the most beautiful wolf her lycan eyes had ever seen. Her Alexander.

He had his head down, his sea-blue eyes locked on the door, his whole body restless but staying still as he waited. It wasn't too long before he saw the door slowly open, and his heart clenched in his chest. He then saw her cross the threshold, and he stayed on the bed for a long moment, his tail wagging in his happiness.

He jumped off the bed a moment after, running up to her and running through her legs before settling down next to her. His head lifted up, looking into her eyes, and he smiled at her, nuzzling his head against her leg like an affectionate companion.

There was a stirring at the bed, and Philip slowly woke from his painful control over him. Alexander didn't move his head though, knowing that the man was waking. He had a hard time, but he should be alright now. The Mage has been repelled from his mind. Go to him and see.

Lydia let her long, delicate fingers move over the snowy white fur of Alexander’s back. He was more than beautiful in her eyes and she’d know him anywhere, regardless of form and shape. Their minds were one now, sealed together by a bond stronger the blood affiliations and only made stronger by the intimate acts they’d performed together the first moments they’d met.

“You saved him?” Lydia reached out. “You brought him back to me…” At that, she smiled and did as Alexander said and went over to her brother.

Philip rested peacefully, though he was just beginning to stir. Lydia moved toward her brother, her Alexander, in his wolf form, moving to the far side of the room, giving them some space. She smiled at her mate and turned toward her waking brother.

“Philip?” Lydia asked, her voice low and soothing. She placed a hand on her brother’s forehead and gently began to run her fingers through his dark hair. Slowly, his eyes blinked open.

“Sister?” Philip asked, his voice a little hoarse from his earlier shouting. He reached a hand up and cupped his sister’s face with a rough hand. “My Lydia…” He smiled up at her, the sort that she recognized all too well. Alexander had indeed done it. He’d brother her, her Philip back.

“I’m here, my brother. Just rest now,” Lydia spoke softly. “You’ve been through quite an ordeal.”

Philip nodded. “But I came out the victor,” he said with a smile.

Lydia chuckled, “I suppose you did. Just rest now.”

Suddenly, Philip’s eyes widened. “The vampire! Where is he? Did he get away?”

Lydia shook her head. “Not now, Philip. You need rest.”

Though Philip was indeed himself now, his thoughts still remained on the war at hand, their goals for interrogating vampires in order to obtain valuable information. Plus, the vampire he and the others had brought in… he’d been attacked by him somehow. And now he feared that the vampire was loose somewhere in the castle, stalking, waiting, biding his time before he attacked his beloved Lydia.

“Rest, Philip. We can talk about everything later. No need for alarm or panic. I’m well guarded and you know better than most that I can take care of myself.” Lydia gave her brother a gentle kiss on his forehead. “I’ll have the others bring you to your room. I’ll see that you are tended to accordingly and will be by to see you tomorrow night.” She gave him a reassuring smile as she caressed his cheek.

Philip nodded in acceptance and was soon escorted out of Lydia’s room and brought to his own where he could rest and allow his body to fully heal. She knew she had a lot of explaining to do and she needed time to figure out exactly how to do so. But more than that, she needed to let her body relax, for her mind to let go of its troubles and fears. If only even for a moment.

Alone in her room, Lydia looked to her Alexander and smiled at him. Again, she pet him, her fingers running through his fur and tugging at it. “Thank you.”

He had moved away as Lydia went to Philip, sitting at his site and talking to him once he was awake. Alexander was hit by a pang of sorrow, knowing that his siblings were dead from this insufferable war. He wanted to go up and share the moment with the two of them, but he knew it would be a bad idea. Getting too close would put him in peril. Philip might be able to recognize him as a Vampire at that range.

Lydia soothed Philip as he went into a small fit, thinking there was a Vampire loose in the manor. She handled him expertly, soothing his mind as she summoned others to come get him. It wasn't long after until they were alone again. He slowly trotted over to her, his steps silent, his eyes never leaving her. He jumped up onto the bed, then crawled into her lap, curling up as he felt her fingers going through his coat.

"He was more than a threat to you, love. He threatened to destroy both lycans and Vampires alike. I couldn't let that happen." It was such a cool think to say, just like him, but right there in his mind was the real reasons. That he would have tried to destroy him. And even worse, he would have tried to destroy his mate. A growl came out of his throat, low and protective, before he shifted, rolling onto his side, eyes looking up at her.

"My duty is to see to your happiness and to protect you." His voice was calm, even, soothing in her mind. "Taking care of the Mage in your brother did both. I couldn't hurt him, knowing what he is worth to you. Though I cannot say the same about him, not yet.

Lydia looked into Alexander’s eyes. Her own eyes showed him a warmth, gratitude for doing what he did. He’d saved her brother and gave her information that somewhere out there a mage was threatening not just vampires, but the lycans as well.

“Philip will come around eventually,” Lydia stated softly with a smile. “He’s definitely set in his ways, but I believe he’ll see reason if presented a good case.” She heaved a sigh as she brought a hand up to Alexander’s chest, rubbing it lightly. “And I do believe that this is a good one. A common threat will more than make him listen.”

Lydia wondered how the mage had managed to target Philip in the first place. Philip was strong, both physically and of mind. He had a good sense about him and a knack of being able to avoid trouble despite his unorthodox ways of hunting. Ways she’d often criticized him for having.

“I’m still wondering how the mage managed to get a hold on Philip,” Lydia spoke, her hand moving to Alexander’s hair. “I wonder how many there are. I have a bad feeling about that for some reason.”

Lydia’s face showed worry and a hint of despair. But she was glad to have her brother back and to be alone with her mate. She looked into Alexander’s pale face and smiled.

“You know, I’ve fed,” Lydia began, changing the subject. She turned her head slightly so that Alexander could see the vein pulsing in her neck, beckoning for him to feast upon it, drinking his fill. “I want you to feed from me, Alexander. I want my blood to nourish your body, making it warm and on fire. I want it coursing throughout your veins.”

Lydia leaned in, kissing Alexander’s ear. She gave it a little nibble before she whispered to him.

“Please, my love. Drink from me.”

He was enjoying the pets that she was giving him, but soon he had to shift back, moving and sitting on her bed next to her. Her tones of worry were slightly upsetting him, wanting to comfort her but knowing that it would be lying to her. And he couldn't do such a disservice to her in such a war, when she was a warrior herself.

"There are a decent amount of Magi." He said softly, taking her hand in his. "We have killed many over the decades, but they spread their powers faster than we could get rid of them. They have tried to kill us off for as long as memory serves us." He kissed her gently on the temple, fingers rubbing pressure points to calm her down.

"Philip may have been found during a hunt, and easily taken over while he was alone. Magi don't have to get close for their spells." He sighed, shaking his head. "I have a deep hatred for a few of them. The lycans weren't the only ones to take my family from me."

He shook his head again, hearing her offer him his blood, feeling sparks shoot down his spine as she nibbled on his ear. Her voice was seducing, an he felt himself, in a lack of his power, moving towards her neck. It was in his last moment before delving into her sweet taste that he whispered out. "Feed from me, as well. My blood is your blood."

He bit down and groaned, eyes rolling from the taste that he knew he wouldn't find a substitute for in his entire life. He slowly pushed her down onto the bed, his clothes disappearing from him. He would have taken her earlier in the heat of feeding, but he had to control himself for the trap. Now, she was his to explore, inch by inch, as his mouth fed and his mind blocked off every door and locked every window of the room.

Lydia let out a gasp the moment Alexander’s fangs sunk themselves into the flesh of her neck. The sweet mix of pain and pleasure as his mouth latched itself onto her throat, drinking as deeply as he would dare. The thought of her life’s serum sustaining her mate, nourishing him, sating him, it was overwhelming to the senses. It made her mind reel as it slowly felt the intoxicating effects of his dark kiss. He could drain her dry right then, as her body ignited with a fevered passion, longing for more of his touch.

Lydia’s hands clutched at Alexander’s head, her hands fists in his hair, holding him to her with such tender gentleness as he fed from her. She whimpered as love laced with lust washed over her body, causing a dull ache to grow between her legs until it throbbed uncontrollably out of both want and need.

Body writhing, hands grasping, scratching, Lydia needed more. Alexander’s dark kiss lit a fire within her soul and only he could quench it. The desire growing within her body and soul was reaching levels beyond imagination and she couldn’t believe that she’d ever found him repulsive. Now, she wanted him to take her. Fully and completely. In every way possible. She wanted him to know every inch of her body and to know that it pleased him. And she wanted to do the same for him.

A small moan escaped Lydia’s lips as her hips suddenly began to move against Alexander’s body. A painfully slow rhythm she knew she couldn’t keep to as a strange desperation was starting to consume her. The feel of her clothes against her skin felt stifling, she wanted them gone and didn’t care how they were removed so long as she could be skin on skin with her mate.

“Alexander…” Lydia sighed as she brought a leg up and wrapped it around Alexander’s hip, hugging her own tightly to his.

Lydia heard the doors and windows lock on their own. Immediately she smiled, knowing it was Alexander who’d willed it. Moaning again, she pulled him close as she arched her body upward against his, yearning for all that he would give her.

His mind was a flurry of feeling and emotion, even as he released her neck from the dark kiss, his tongue sealing the bite mark. He looked deep into her eyes, his blue eyes burning with a fiery passion that only she could invoke within him. He couldn't help as he moved closer to her, kissing her in the fiery inferno as she wrapped her leg around him, pulling them almost together as one. He could feel her heat against his body, but he wanted to savor this meeting, wanted to explore her.

He broke the kiss almost as soon as it started, sitting up for a moment and looking at her, looking over her body. "I don't think you'll need this." He said, his voice husky, and his hand ripped the dress off in one simple pull, throwing it to the side before he bent down again. The kiss was hotter, deeper, more passionate, but it was over soon as well, as he slowly slid down her body, kissing down her neck, teasing her vein before passing it up.

Inch over slow inch of her skin was explored by his lips, slowly kissing downward. Soft delves were explored by the tip of his tongue, and no inch was passed up as he made a map of her in his mind. Her breasts came quick, and he gave them extra attention, lips and tongue doing a slow tease on her peaks before breaking off, heading down over her stomach. His hands gently pushed her legs open, and he followed the v to her core. He could smell her arousal, and he smiled as his tongue dove in, doing a slow flick on her clit, savoring the taste of her honey.

Lydia gasped the moment she felt Alexander’s expert tongue go to work on her clit. It didn’t take long before it began to throb as it slowly engorged, becoming ever so sensitive to each and every touch he administered, every flick of his tongue, every lick and suck. It was astounding. In such a short time, he was already becoming a master of her body, easily learning her weak spots, what made her burn.

Tilting her hips upward, making them press harder against Alexander’s face, Lydia let out a soft moan. Her back arched, causing her ribs to lift up from the bed. Whimpering with need, she reached her hands down and fisted them deeply within his hair, tugging, pulling, clutching. Her mind was becoming a swirl of colors as all thought and reason flitted away, leaving nothing behind except the two of them. Lydia and Alexander.

“Oh god…” Lydia sighed, urging Alexander to explore her more deeply, as thoroughly as he desired and would dare.

Lydia’s body had become an overflowing vessel of heated and heightened sensation. The needy desire she felt inside for Alexander growing at exponential rates and soaring further. She could feel her mouth watering as her want for his blood grew strong. She knew it wouldn’t be long, she’d have to give in.

Losing herself to Alexander’s ministrations, and all the pleasures they unleashed throughout her body, Lydia could barely hold on. She saw herself coming closer and closer to the edge of erotic bliss and was about to fall over it. But she wasn’t ready for it. She wanted that with her mate, she wanted to prolong their time together, savoring his body as he took hers.

A low growl rumbled in Lydia’s throat. Her body was edging closer and closer to climax, making her lust for Alexander’s blood extremely strong. Unable to stop herself, she shifted her body. Whimpering at her own actions, she pushed him back, forcing him beneath her as she straddled his body, looking down into his face.

Lydia’s expression was more lycan than human as she looked upon Alexander with eyes full of animalistic passion. Her canines elongated as she growled yet again, throwing herself at his neck and biting down hard. She drank deeply and greedily as his blood filled her mouth, dancing on her tongue as it dripped down her throat.

Alexander’s blood on Lydia’s tongue caused a rush of intense heat to wash over her. The need between her legs rising. She ground herself against him as she drank her fill. But she was hardly finished. Not by a long shot. No… she’d only just begun.

His ministrations with her body were never ending, his tongue and lips going slow and sensual with her womanly core, but slowly picking up speed. He could sense her wishes and desires, could feel and see the pleasure and colors of her mind as everything but the two of them disappeared. And he loved it. Wanted to give her more of it. Her pleasure was his own. But he found that it would be harder to control her to do it.

He suddenly was pushed back, and before he could realize what was happening, she was straddling him, gazing into his eyes with a animalistic frenzy. He growled, one low and sultry, inviting his mate for more, and he bared his neck just as she launched toward it. He gasped, then groaned, his eyes closing as he felt her teeth sink into his neck, giving her his very essence, his life and her life becoming one once more.

He could feel her hips against hers, her grinding against him, and it was driving him mad, his mind so in tuned with her own. He could feel her so close, and he knew that it wouldn't be hard to give that to her. Suddenly, his hands grabbed her hips, and with hardly a moment needed to angle himself, he thrusted into her, deep, hard fast. He didn't relent, knowing that she was close, but he knew that he could give her two. He could control himself to do that for her.

Alexander thrust himself deep and hard into Lydia’s wanting body. The moment he gripped her hips, she felt a wave of ecstasy strike her core, making her skin instantly feel as though on fire, her juices pooling between her legs. It was as if somehow her body knew what was coming and it welcomed it with open arms. Wanting, yearning, needing its mate.

Instinctually, Lydia began sliding her body up and down along Alexander’s length; relishing the wonderful stretch he gave her muscles, the way he felt as he filled her up completely, pumping her hard as she moved on top of him. Suddenly, he thrust and struck a sensitive spot, making her shout out. Breathless, she had no choice but to reluctantly break away from her biting hold on his neck, his blood still coating the inside of her mouth.

Eyes rolling back, Lydia couldn’t hold out. Her body was at Alexander’s mercy as he played her body exquisitely with his own despite the way she aggressively straddled him. Suddenly, without warning, she felt herself plunge over the edge into a sea of complete and utter bliss. Shaking, trembling, her muscles tightened around him, throbbing and pulsing as they milked him hard.

“Alexander!” Lydia shouted out, her voice raspy with lust.

Just as Lydia’s body began to settle, she felt it getting heated all over again. Not wanting to lose herself too soon, she slid off Alexander’s length, working her way down his body. She kissed his neck, his chest, his stomach. Her mouth and tongue savoring every delectable inch of flesh. Finally, her mouth reached his fully erect member. It was dripping with her juices, glistening as her eyes fixated upon it.

Lickng her lips, Lydia just had to taste him. She gripped Alexander’s shaft gently with one hand and she brought her mouth toward his tip. She flicked her tongue against it, watching it weep as she did so. Smiling, she drew the tip into her mouth, letting her tongue swirl around and tease before drawing it back out once more. Closing her eyes, she licked and softly nipped up and down the sides of his shaft as she brought her other hand up to gently fondle his sac.

Lydia loved how Alexander tasted. He more than satisfied her basest desires, her basest cravings. Though she still found herself both wanting and needing more. Licking down the underside of his shaft, she let her tongue slowly move over his sac, gently taking them into her mouth, one by one. As she lavished them with great care and attention, her one hand began to stroke his shaft, long and hard while her other went down to touch her newly re-sensitized clit. It was aching and throbbing as she tasted him. But she refused to give in again so quickly. Plunging a finger deep within her moistened folds, she continued to suck and lick up along his shaft until she reached his tip once more, drawing it deeply into her mouth until she felt it hit the back of her throat.

He felt her stutter, heard her groan as he thrusted in her, and felt her leave his neck. He knew he hit a sensitive spot, a GOOD sensitive spot, so he angled himself like he did just then, thrusting into it again and again and again. He was rewarded by her quick orgasm, feeling her milk him, urging to share in the pleasures that he wasn't done showering upon her.

It a way, it was his way of showing dominance over her, that he was the alpha. Part of him still trying to control things around him, to show that he was big and powerful over everything else. That she was his.

She suddenly slipped off of him, and his body seemingly froze as she kissed down it. Her lips teased and tongue tasted until she reached his length. He was a little wary of what she was going to do, but the moment her tongue flicked across his tip, he groaned, his head being thrown back. It was such a surprise, and when her lips wrapped around it, teasing it so much, he nearly lost his control. He was still a bit away from giving her what she wanted, but he wanted to wait to give her another bout of pleasure first.

She worked expertly on him, and as she gently rubbed, then licked and sucked on his sac, he felt like he was going to go mad with lust and pleasure. Worse than losing control of himself, he was losing control of his dominance over her. The Alpha was practically purring for his mate, taking care not to move his hips to not injure either of them. She stroked, and he groaned, and he picked his head up in time to see her reach down and start to play with herself.

He waited for her, groaned out loudly as she slipped him int her mouth, getting most of him in it, before he sat up slightly, reaching and pulling her hips around so she was practically straddling his head. He pushed her hand away from her hot entrance, and he leaned forward, tongue flicking over her swollen clit before sliding up, drinking her sweet nectar as his tongue slid into her, doing short thrusts. It soon went back to her clit, teasing and playing as his fingers moved, two sliding easily into her, pressing against her g-spot with each thrust.

He may be Alpha, but his first duty was to her. She gave him as much pleasure as he gave her, and so much more. He felt complete inside, and he knew that he could spend the rest of the night just laying against her, holding her close, and be completely happy.

Lydia couldn’t even remotely stifle the moan that passed over her lips the moment Alexander’s tongue caressed her aching clit. Her legs quivered as her body twitched and shook with a heightened sense of pleasure. She could feel herself becoming wetter and wetter, her slick juices slowly seeping out of her entrance and onto his masterful tongue.

“Oh god…” Lydia whimpered, her mouth still gently suckling Alexander’s weeping tip.

Her mind reeling, swirling with thoughts of her mate and hoping beyond hope that she pleased him, Lydia had all she could do to concentrate on what she was doing. Alexander had found her most sensitive spot once more, making sure to exploit it fully with his magical tongue, bringing her near the verge of tears.

Gasping, panting, Lydia continued to lick along Alexander’s shaft, letting her tongue linger and tease his tip each time. The taste of him was exquisite and she wanted more, to feel his hot, sticky fluids drip down her throat like his blood had been only minutes ago. She wanted to feel it on her skin, coating her, marking her. She wanted all of her sect to know she was his, his scent saturating every part of her body, both inside and out.

But she couldn’t. Not yet.

Shoving such thoughts aside, Lydia allowed her body to succumb to Alexander’s touch. Eyes rolling back, a moan escaping her lips, she drew him deeply into her mouth. She felt his tip hit the back of her throat and couldn’t help but smile. Wanting more, she gave his length a gentle suck while it was deep inside her throat. Then slowly, she drew it back out again.

“I want to taste you…” Lydia panted. “So badly…” And afterwards, she wanted for him to hold her in his arms, his strong hands clutching her tightly.

“I’m going to savor every inch of you…” Lydia’s mind reached out to her mate. As Alexander refused to relent, she let her mind meld into his, becoming one with it so that he could see and feel everything she was feeling on top of the sensations she administered to him with her own tongue and mouth. “My tongue will taste every bit of you, nothing will go unexplored…”

Lydia whimpered some more as she felt her body giving in, slowly approaching the edge. She wasn’t ready. She needed to hold out. Try as she might, her hips began to move on their own, carefully moving against Alexander’s face and mouth, taking what he so willingly gave. Not wanting to be outdone, she let her own mouth work faster, as expertly as she could dare.

Moaning and gasping, Lydia drew Alexander’s length back into her mouth, her lips tightening around it as she slid it in and out and back in again. She wanted them to climax together, to feel the full effects of pleasure at the same time, sharing and elating in it as wave after wave of ecstasy washed over them, soaking their skin with sweat and more.

“Alexander…” Lydia cried as she felt her body approaching the edge, desperately wanting to fall over it. Closing her eyes, she let her tongue swirl about Alexander’s tip before licking along the underside of his shaft.

Back
Top Bottom