Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Lord Dakol and Seraphine Light)

As always, Talia looked beautiful, and Lucius made sure to smile. He set the tray down and let her eat to her heart's content, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms. "Hmm . . . nothing overly important, and I can show you the other thing tomorrow. For now, we can relax," he replied.

"You should eat more, Talia. You'll need the energy," Lucius added, seeing how she just nibbled on the bread and frowned. "Oh, I don't think Daka would want you to clean dishes. It's not everyday he meets someone like you."

She grabbed another piece of bread and took a bigger bite out of it, laughing lightly at herself for doing so. When they weren't speaking her eyes would occasionally glance over Lucius, her eyes warm and fond. She didn't like being mad at him, nor hurt by him. And she really just wanted things to return to normal again, or at least what was normal for them. In her head she quietly devised what she would say to Seraphine when she saw her, and while she'd be nice, she would be sure to get her point across.

After a little while she'd eaten a food fair bit and pushed the tray away from her. Some of everything remained, but she wasn't hungry anymore, actually the complete opposite. She felt as if she'd get sick if she ate anything else. Standing from the bed she rested her hand on her stomach. It settled after a moment, making her believe that perhaps she just ate to fast. With a small smile she walked to Lucius, who was leaning against the wall. The Princess raised herself onto her toes and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips.

"Thank you...for everything you did today...food included..." she laughed quietly, eyes cast down at his chest. "I was frightened..." she said in a whisper. She leaned against him, her head on his shoulder. "I couldn't believe it when I heard your voice..."

Lucius looked down at her and smile only just slightly. "It's no problem at all, Talia. I shouldn't have let you leave, or I should have gone with you..." he replied, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her closer. "I shall never do that again."

He wondered, if this one encounter almost destroyed his relationship with the princess - and her life -, how bad would others be? He didn't like to think about it. Frankly, it gave him thoughts that he didn't need.

For a few hours, Lucius had carried Talia to the bed, holding her lovingly. Once the sun began to set, the Thief knew it was time to go back to Seraphine's. He sighed softly, dreading this particular moment.

Talia laid happily in Lucius' arms and then as the sun started to set she looked at him, frowning. "When are we going back to Seraphine?" she asked coolly, eyes hard for a moment before she placed a gentle kiss on his jawline, her eyes softening. "Once we are finished there we can come home to rest. Perhaps we can head out tomorrow?" she said softly, sliding from his arms and moving to stand. She had a feeling they were going to be leaving soon, so she grabbed her satchel, slinging it across her with a slight smile on her lips.

She was ready to talk to Seraphine, and she wasn't going to let the woman walk all over her. Talia was a Princess, and she was to be respected and obeyed no matter where she was.

Lucius wished they didn't have to go, sighing gently in pleasure as Talia kissed his jaw. "Right now," he replied reluctantly. Standing up, he grabbed his messenger bag, tightening it around his shoulder before looking at Talia. "Let's go..." he muttered, taking her hand and walking out.

Soon enough they arrived back at the square, where it was significantly more quiet, yet the light in Seraphine's shop was still on. So, Lucius walked until they reached the fountain, where he sat down and let go of Talia's hand, no matter how much he wanted to hold onto her.

Talia walked quietly till they got there, collecting her thoughts, but as they arrived she leaned down to where Lucius sat, kissed him and then walked towards Seraphine's shop. She entered without a word and stood quietly for a moment. "Seraphine?" she called out in a curious voice. "I'm here for a pick up..." she called out, crossing her arms in front of her while she waited for the woman to appear.

A bit of a nervous edge slipped into her body, but she tried her best to push it away, trying to keep her head clear so she could get her point across to Seraphine.

"Hang on a damn second!" Seraphine barked out, muttering to herself until entered the room and went to the window. When she looked up, her eyes widened in surprise, shocked into silence for a moment until she gathered her thoughts.

"Wh-What are you doing here? Lucius was supposed to pick up the equipment..." she said, her eyes narrowing once more, anger in her eyes; it was obvious she was hurt from Lucius' denial.

"I am here to pick everything up. I told Lucius to wait somewhere else..." she shrugged her shoulders and smiled a bit," It shouldn't matter who picked it up, it isn't like you're going to get what you want from him..." Talia said with a bigger smile. "I do hope you understand that..." she mused,"That you aren't getting any part of Lucius, because I already have him...and I'm not giving him up for a desperate woman like yourself..." Talia's words dripped the anger she felt earlier.

"Now where are the things you have for us?" she said bitterly.

Seraphine let out a low growl, biting her lower lip and digging her nails into the counter. "We'll see about that..." she said, though it wasn't with much conviction. "Besides, the Thief is his own man. He wouldn't let himself be tied down by a wench..." she sneered.

She briefly vanished, only to return with the armor pieces and the weapon. "I need him to be here, in case they don't fit," Seraphine said pointedly, crossing her arms.

Talia raised a brow at Seraphine's words. Did she just call her a wench? She had the sudden urge to get her thrown into the dungeons, then they'd see who was laughing. But she couldn't, because that would blow her cover, so she merely smiled. When Seraphine returned with the necessary things Talia narrowed her eyes. "You need him here?" she questioned. "If they don't fit...we will bring them back..." she said softly. "I don't think you need to see him, and I don't think he wants to see you anyway..." Talia leaned across the counter.

"You will stay away from Lucius...he may be his own man...but he chose me...Not you. Don't make yourself look like a bigger fool by chasing him.." Talia sneered.

Seraphine's anger boiled at the surface, but kept her lips tight and shut. Before long, he reluctantly pushed the equipment forward. "Fine," she growled. The armor pieces were incredibly compact, being able to fold and be kept together, and the blade was the perfect weight and length for Talia.

"Ah...Well wonderful..." she smiled sweetly at Seraphine and then paused for a minute, thinking about her next move carefully. She wanted to smack Seraphine, get her back for coming onto Lucius earlier, but she felt that perhaps Lucius wouldn't like that. Talia grabbed the equipment in her arms and then laughed quietly. "Perhaps our next meeting will be more friendly....Do we owe you anything??" she asked, wondering if the equipment needed to be paid for, if so then she had the money.

She thought about her answer for a moment; no, she would regret it if she did. "No . . . free of charge," she answered with gritted teeth, forcing a smile.

Lucius leaned against the fountain, splashing gently with his fingers as he waited for Talia. He sincerely hoped she wouldn't cause trouble; that was the last thing they needed. But, it was her way, or the highway...

Talia's eyes brightened and she smiled. "Seraphine...you've just been so nice this time around..." she cheered, her eyes filled with amusement. Somehow she'd been expecting more resistance from the woman, but she hadn't found any. With a final smile she turned on her heel. "Remember what I said Seraphine...Lucius is a no no as long as I'm in the picture..."

Looking at her over her shoulder she winked. The Princess got what she wanted, and she normally got it when she wanted it, and she wanted Lucius for herself, and Seraphine just wasn't going to ruin that. "ByeBye.." she walked away slowly, heading back to Lucius with a bright gleam in her eyes. Had she won?

Seraphine was practically seething in anger, her eyes lit up with anger and her hands clenching. "It . . . It didn't work!" she growled, to no one in particular. But as Talia left, she spun around to the room across from her. "You said it would work!" Seraphine screamed. Just then, a shadow flickered from the doorway, encroaching upon and engulfing the room in darkness.

"Haha, of course it didn't work, you silly mortal. You understand full well that it will take more than a kiss to fell a demi-god and his Guardian. I should know..." the voice said, the tone slimy and dark as it spoke. Then, Seraphine saw two orbs blood red staring her, calm and decidedly evil. He noticed that she was shivering in fear and laughed. "Oh, don't worry. I'm not angry. Far from it. You have done well; you will be rewarded when they fall..." the voice echoed into the shadows, and suddenly the room was lit back up, leaving Seraphine alone, too afraid to move.

Lucius looked up and saw Talia, his face lighting to see that she was okay. Standing up, he dried his hand and strode over to her, helping her with the equipment. "Thank you, Talia," he said sincerely, smiling gently as he leaned in and kissed her. Ah, it was so close to having her, and yet so far away. "I'll try them on when we get back to the room."

Talia grinned against Lucius' lips and nuzzled him affectionately as she leaned into his neck. "It was my pleasure to retrieve them for you.." she kissed him once more before looping an arm in his own and pulling him back towards where they had come. "I do believe I will sleep exceptionally well tonight..." she laughed softly as they walked. She was happy, very happy in fact. In her mind she and Lucius were safe and sound together, with nothing at all threatening them.

"She was actually...tolerable during my visit..." she mentioned halfway back to Daka's. She laughed again and smiled. "It was a surprise...that was for sure..." she looked up at Lucius and smiled.

With a satisfied smile she leaned her head against his arm as they walked, ignoring the people around them who were scurrying to get home for the evening. She didn't care how late it was getting, she was fine as long as Lucius was next to her. "Hey Lucius..." she murmured suddenly, a bit of irritation and sadness in her voice. "When...when we finish our mission to find your people...Will you aid me in.." she bit her lip. "In taking down my father..." she narrowed her eyes. "Ever since I can remember he's been secretive about things...things I don't understand...and I know whatever he's secretly doing isn't good...not for anyone...and it needs to be stopped..." she explained. "But I can't do it alone..." she mumbled.

Tolerable? That doesn't sound like Seraphine. Oh well, she must have gotten my warning, Lucius thought, brushing off the confusion as they walked back.

By now, night had fallen and it was perfectly calm. There was no tension, no worry that they would be attacked... just them, taking a leisurely stroll through the city. This - instead of fighting, stealing, and looking for his people - is what he wanted. A peaceful existence, without the trouble or interference of anyone else. And Lucius knew, in spite of his hesitation from his true feelings for Talia, he wanted that with her. There was no one else he would rather be with.

His eyes looked down at her when she began to speak, her words nervous and careful. When she looked up at him for his reaction, he said nothing for that moment, wanting to process her favor and to form his answer. "Whatever happens after, if my people are still or not . . . I will help you. But you must know, that taking down your father will not be all I want to do. If I have the chance, I will kill him. Unless you want him dead, do not ask my help. When the time comes that you face, we will speak of this again, and see how you feel about him. No matter what he has done, the king is still your father. Understand?" he said as they reached the door to the inn. His words were strong, sincere, and true. He cupped her chin to look up at him, and leaned down to give her a loving kiss.

Talia nodded sadly at Lucius' words, but all her ill thoughts were cut short as she was pulled into a loving kiss. She made a soft whimper against his lips, her body yearning for more, but she pulled away laughing softly. "Oh you're just too much for me sometimes..." she purred as she wrapped her arms around his frame. "Come on..Let's get to bed..." she whispered, kissing him once more, loving and tender embrace, then she pulled him into the Inn happily.

She smiled at Daka before pulling Lucius upstairs and towards their room. Once inside she closed the door and set her things down before looking at Lucius. "Do you need help trying on your new things?" she asked softly. She slipped her night shirt out and set it on the edge of the bed, before she looked at Lucius with a smile.

She knew she had to think about wanting her father dead or not, but she knew when the time came she would know what she wanted to do. And Lucius would be there and accept her decision, she knew she wouldn't get his help unless it was to kill her father, but that was okay. Because at least he'd help her.

Lucius waved briefly to Daka as he was pulled by Talia before they came into their bedroom. Everything was the same. Good. Setting out his equipment on the floor (including his dagger), he studied the metal plating for a moment, both to figure out how to wear it just right and to listen to Talia. "If you wish," he said pleasantly.

Leaning down, he slipped off his leather grieves, almost falling over from the imbalance, then unhooked his vambraces, allowing them to fall to the floor with a soft thud as his arms were lighter. Next, he pulled off the chest guard and spaulder, also letting them fall. Finally, he began to put on the metal armor. The grieves and vambraces were easy to put on, but he had trouble with the chest guard and left-shoulder pauldron. "Can you give me a hand? The chest guard hooks up at the shoulders, and the pauldrons ties in at my back," he instructed, turning his back to her for help.

Talia nodded with a smile as she approached him, doing as he instructed and hooking the chest guard at the shoulders, her fingers a bit clumsy at first, but then got it right, before moving to the ties for the pauldrons. When she finished a few moments later she turned him, a question on her tongue,"Does everything fit? Or will we need to return..she mentioned that it might need adjustments...I told her we'd return if it did..." Talia admitted with a bite to her lip. She lifted her hand, pressing the palm against his cheek, her fingers lightly running across his face.

"You look good in it..." she said with a small laugh. "Even more alluring and with an edge of danger that just seems delectable!" she teased with another cheerful laugh. The Princess dropped her hand, letting it slide down the armor that Lucius now were. She wanted to be sure everything was perfect for him, to make sure he was comfortable and safe for whatever laid ahead of them.

With a small giggle she added,"Oh...and you'll have to show me how to use a weapon..." she mentioned with a grin. The most the Princess had ever really been introduced to was archery, and that had just been for sport, not protection, so in a fight she was little more then a damsel in distress.

When Talia finished, Lucius looked over his shoulder. "I figured. One second..." he said, stretching his body enough to test the flexibility of his movements. The armor plating hugged his body enough to protect his body but not enough to constrict him. It was perfect. "No need. Everything is good. But the silver makes my clothes useless. Even in the dark, the armor will be seen easily. I'll need to get clothes of a lighter color..." he observed, but decided he would do so later.

The Thief grinned at her comment, placing his hand over hers and pulling her close. "I thought I already was delectable, Princess..." he said, teasing his lips above hers. "I will teach you when we leave the city. This room is too small, and I would rather do it in the privacy of a forest," he said, holding her affectionately as he pushed her against the bed, kicking his old leather armor out of the way and unhooking his metal set off of his body as he laid her against the bed, kissing her deeply. There was no reason they couldn't give each other a taste of what was to come, as long as they restrained themselves...

She laughed at his words and her body shivered when she was laid against the bed, his lips on hers. Her hands wrapped behind his neck, letting his silky hair slide between her fingertips. It was so hard to control herself around him, but she remembered what he'd said the night before, and it was best for them if they held off on the one event that they both desperately wished for. She pressed her body up against his and felt it warm against the hard muscles. It was these small tastes that made Talia breathless, and yearning for more.

The night before, she felt as if she'd go crazy without him, having him, all of him. But even with the knowledge that she'd not get him this evening, she was still thrilled to have the small taste. Even with just the kiss between them, Talia could feel her body reacting to having him above her. He was so quick to arouse her senses that it caused a gasp to erupt from her pink lips, before she took his again, sliding her tongue out to deepen their embrace.

"Ngh..." Lucius groaned as his arousal was strengthened as soon as Talia's tongue slipped past his lips, wrestling with his own as sensations attacked him from all sides. He held her tightly, grabbing fistfuls of her dress and riding it up her legs, exposing the succulent tanned flesh of her legs and the underwear she wore to protect her most sacred place. His body pushed against hers, wanting as much contact as they could muster without crossing the temporary line, Lucius' bulge grinding against her groin, letting out a deep gasp.

A soft moan lifted from her lips at the feel of his arousal pressing against her. She pressed harder against his lips, her eyes rolling into the back of her head at the wonderful pleasure she felt from being so near to him. As the air of the room touched the skin of her legs she bit her lip, her head turning to the side as she breathed out in a shaky sigh of bliss. "Lucius..." she whispered her eyes closed as she ran her hands down from his hair until they were on his shoulders. The feel of his masculine hands on her skin made her shiver delightfully.

She turned her head back to look up at him, but it was a short lived look because she couldn't resist the allure of his lips for a moment longer. They were met again in a loving kiss, another moan met his lips at the grinding against her groin, her breath caught in her throat as she tried to ease the rapid beating of her heart. Oh Gods, she wanted him, she wanted him more then anything. Her hips moved, pressing herself harder against his growing arousal, her heartbeat zooming even faster.

The Thief's deftly kneaded her flesh, massaging her muscles precisely as she moaned under his kiss and touch. He had wonder if this exactness was due to his experience with women before, or if it was the natural instinct that was given to him from the blood of the gods. It was certainly something to think about at a later time, but right now, Talia was the focus of his thoughts and actions.

Lucius could feel her arousal, soaking his pants and making him want more. Moonlight poured in, covering the couple and gently illuminating his marks, glowing lightly as he kissed her with a deep moan. It felt as if he was dying a little every time he denied himself, and her from what they wanted. His heart thudded painfully as he continued to kiss her, their tongues wrestling fitfully as they gave as much as they could to each other...

The next morning, Lucius awoke to see that Talia was not yet up. With a soft smile, he kissed her forehead and got out of bed, smoothing out his clothes before he decided to ask Daka for a favor. Leaving the room for a moment, he walked down to see the inn keeper and bartender getting ready for today's patrons. He quickly told him that he needed a fresh set of white clothes that would be able to hide his face, as well as a comfortable cloak for Talia. Daka nodded before leaving the inn, and shortly returned to give him the clothes he needed. "Much thanks, friend," he said, grasping his arm as Daka did the same, then walked back upstairs to see Talia just beginning to get out of bed.

Back
Top Bottom