Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Lord Dakol and Seraphine Light)

"Keep your mouth shut.." warned Talia, her voice hard as she saw Marcus step through the door, his eyes narrowed as he spotted Talia by Lucius.

"I figured I'd find you here you little pest..." he growled as he slowly moved down to where Talia stood. Marcus reached out, grasping Talia's wrist tightly in his arm. "I believe we were doing something before you so rudely...struck me..." he said tightly, his stance showing his groin area still ached.

Talia flinched at the grip on her wrist, her eyes filled with both fear and anger. "I do believe I was sleeping before you so rudely interrupted me..." she retorted. "I don't think your plans would work anymore anyway...I think you're a little to injured for activity..." she snapped, amusement flitting across her eyes. Marcus' grip tightened and he pulled her close, till her face was pressed against his chest. He turned to Lucius, a smirk on his lips.

"She doesn't need you...any loneliness she has can be fulfilled by me..." Marcus said coolly. He put his arm around Talia's waist, keeping her tightly at his side as he leaned towards her face, pressing his lips roughly against her own, she resisted and when he pressed further she bit him. He cursed and grabbed her chin painfully in his hand.

Talia winced once more. "When we are wed...and I'm crowned King...I will be sure you are replaced within the year...I don't need a little brat as my wife...despite your beauty!" he threatened. "And he.." he motioned to Lucius,"Will be fodder for the wolves..."

As Marcus moved to grab Talia, the Thief took a step forward but, due to the bars, he stopped. His anger continued to rise as the suitor kissed her, despite her struggle.

His eyes flickered once more to the bars above and allowed a small smirk on his face. You told me not to speak, and I shall be silent... he thought as Marcus mentioned him.

Gripping the bars a bit tighter, Lucius slipped a foot through a small space and set it upon a bar. He pulled himself up, scrambling to the ceiling before he placed his feet at the ceiling. "Argh..." he groaned, pushing upon the bars with every single ounce of strength he had. The marks upon his face began to glow fiercely as cracks appeared in the cement. Finally, some of the bars broke from the ceiling, allowing him to slip through and land directly in front of Marcus

"Hmph..." he breathed, and gave him a look that said "let her go", clenching his hands tightly.

Marcus' eyes widened as he stepped back from Lucius, dragging Talia painfully after him. She protested, but was met with only a jab in the side with his fist. "Shut up woman!" he growled as he continued backing away from Lucius. "How is it possible you have gotten free!"

Talia struggled in Marcus' grasp as she saw Lucius,"No! Get back in your cell...if they see you broke free...I may not be able to get you spared again!" she said, fear laced through her words. Not fear for herself, but for Lucius.

At her words Marcus' tensed, his eyes held a fire. "YOU! You got him spared! You had him hired by your father!" he snapped, he grabbed her arms roughly, shaking her,"You fool! Why would you help a thief! He's a commoner!" he shouted in her face. He turned Talia so that her back was against his chest, his arm tight around her neck, holding her there. "Get back, thief!" he growled. But Marcus was a coward, and as he continued to look at Lucius he felt fear trickle down his spine. Instead of staying like a real man he flung Talia away from him, causing her to trip and fall into Lucius with a painful groan. He then fled the dungeon, quietly returning to his room before he could make a bigger fool of himself.

He'd be silent for the moment. To ashamed in his lack of power to run to the guards.

Lucius deftly caught Talia in his arms, embracing her protectively as Marcus fled silently. It won't be the last they would see from him...

"Are you all right, Princess? You HAD told me not to speak," he said, a smile on his lips as he slipped his arm under her legs, carrying her easily as he walked out of the dungeon without hesitation. "Hmm... I have a much more interesting idea for a job..." he whispered, surprised to see the halls empty as he carried her to her room.

Talia felt shaky from the events that had just occurred, Had Marcus threatened to have her killed once he was King? "I-I...I'm fine..." she stuttered. She shivered in Lucius' arms, her eyes closing as he lifted her and carried her from the dungeon. The hallways were empty, for which she was glad. "Whatever do you mean..." she said softly. "What sort of job?" she murmured. Her head rested lightly against his chest as they headed for her room.

She was curious as to what he could mean. his job was to be a thief for her father, and aid the kingdom, what other job could their be?

Lucius pushed her door open closing his eyes for a moment before walking to the bed. "Being a guardian . . . for you," he whispered gently, and laid her on the bed.

He let go of her, yet didn't move from his spot as he planted his hands on the bed beside her. "Good night, Princess Talia..." he said quietly, and leaned in, only to plant a light kiss below her eye and above her cheek. His lips lingered above her skin for a moment, and sighed before beginning to move away.

Talia smiled when she felt the soft bed beneath her, she closed her eyes momentarily before opening them to look at Lucius. He kissed her below the eye, and above her cheek, making her smiled a little more. The idea of a guardian made her interested, especially when that guardian was the curious and mysterious Lucius.

With a frown she watched his body begin to move away. Without even thinking Talia let her hand fly out and grasp his wrist, tugging on him to return to her. "Don't go yet, Lucius..." she whispered. "I-I don't want to be alone..." she admitted. She was frightened that if Marcus returned she'd be left to defend for herself. She didn't know where Lucius would go after she fell asleep, but she assumed he'd have to return to his cell otherwise risk getting in trouble for not being there.

As he attempted to move away, Lucius felt a gentle tug around his wrist. Looking back, he saw that Talia was asking him to stay. He knew the exact reason why, and nodded slowly. "Yes, Princess..."

His hand slipped from her grasp, only to intertwine his fingers with hers, and laid down next to her. Despite himself, he did not attempt to embrace her, unless she wished it.

However, he leaned in and nestled his head against hers, half-closing his eyes.

Talia felt a wave of relief slide over her as she watched Lucius settle in next to her. It was reassuring to know he'd be near her, at least for a little while.

The feel of his head against hers made her smile, and as she kept their fingers entwined she leaned against him, her ankle moving to lay across his shin, and her arm moving to lay across his stomach. Her eyes closes within seconds, letting sleep take her away. The Princess was finally comfortable. She felt safe and secure laying with Lucius, something she'd never been with Marcus.

He was an egotistical man, who didn't respect woman, nor did he care for them. He thought Talia was a toy to be played with and a tool to get what he wanted. Talia had tried to get out of the marriage, but her father was blinded by Marcus' outward charm. The Princess didn't see a charm, but somehow everyone else did. Marcus would make a horrible King.

As the Princess fell asleep, he bit his lip and slipped his free arm under her, embracing her protectively and... affectionately.

The night passed by without any trouble, though once the Thief fell into his slumber, he experienced - once again - a recurring dream...

He watched from the sidelines; two parents and their young boy with long black hair covering his eyes sat at a royal-blue couch. The boy tried to stay still for what looked like someone painting a portrait of them. The boy giggled frequently, chatting with his parents as they told him to stay still, though for the life of them, they couldn't stop laughing either. It was then the dream took a turn for the worse.

Blood began to slide from their necks as long, deep cuts appeared over their throats. As seconds passed, the boy's expression steadily turned more and more saddening and serious, and his hair receding back into freshly-cut hair that revealed his crimson eyes and barely visible birthmark on his skin. His parents were now slumped over, hands dangling off the furniture as blood trickled down their wrists, staining the fabric as the boy faded out of focus.

Delusians. An extremely rare and almost extinct race that were once one of the largest kingdoms in history called Delusia. Their people were known for their unique eye color, stamina, physical prowess, and connection to the gods. After thousands of years in prosperity, their kind were hunted to near extinction, all of the other kingdoms allying together in order to kill them off; they almost succeded.

"LUCIUS!!!"

The Thief opened his eyes and felt a bead sweat roll down his forehead as sunlight began to pour in. It was daytime. "Hmph..."

The night had passed peacefully for Talia, and when she awoke she was eager to see Lucius was still laying next to her. As quietly as she could the Princess slipped from Lucius' hold and left the bed to get herself dressed in something new for the day.

Talia managed to find herself a light purple dress that fell to her feet. It was a very thin fabric, fitting for the warm day, and it was tied about the waist with a large bow in the back. There were sleeves that fell to her mid-arm and a swooping neckline that allowed her to wear many different types of jewelry. However, she chose to leave her neck bare. Her hair was simple and straight down her shoulders.

Not wanting to disturb Lucius she headed out to the balcony, the sun shining brightly down on her lightly tanned skin. It was then that she saw a small bird, its feathers red and black. As she approached it she gasped, the pour thing was bleeding all over her white balcony, but the balcony didn't matter to her, only the small bird did. Talia rushed into the room, almost tripping as she fell against the bed,"Lucius!!" she cried. "Lucius wake up!" she said as she placed a hand on his arm. His eyes opened and she smiled a bit.

He seemed to have been dreaming, but she needed his help. "There is a bird..." she mumbled. "It's hurt..." It was a silly thing to be upset about, but perhaps Lucius knew how to help the creature. Talia knew little about such things.

Lucius felt the bed move a bit and realized that Talia wasn't next to him anymore, but at the end of the bed. His eyes flickered to the little bird in her hands as she mentioned its injuries, and made an involuntary gulp. The marks on his cheek and neck were glowing very gently as he sat up and took the bird into his hands.

Both wings are broken; normal healing won't fix it at all. I could use . . . NO! What would Talia do if she knew I was a damned demi-god?! he thought urgently, wrestling with himself. But, in the end, he placed the bird on the bed, its blood soaking into the covers.

"Pak'me Noi'Cil . . . rea jat!" he exclaimed, covering it with his hands. A moment later, the marks on his flesh began to glow a bright red, pulsing in time with his heartbeat as a red light flowed from his hands. "Argh..." he groaned, faltering in his stance until he stumbled back, hitting the floor with a heavy thud.

It was entirely silent until the bird hopped, fluttering its wings to shake off the blood when it flew around the room excitedly, whizzing past Talia quickly as it sung happily.

Talia watched him curiously, and when the marks on his skin began to glow she stepped back in surprise. What was happening? The next thing she knew he had fallen back, hitting the floor, and the bird laid silent. Moments later the bird hopped up, flying past her as it sung. It was healed! He'd healed the bird!

The Princess turned to Lucius, kneeling on the floor next to him. She was a bit scared, unsure as to what his abilities made him, but she was thankful. He'd done much for her already, and he barely knew her. Talia leaned over, kissing him on the cheek, close to his lips. "Thank you Lucius..."she whispered. She looked away nervously for a moment, her eyes downcast.

Then she spoke up again,"Lucius..." she said softly. "How...How did you heal the bird?" she asked softly, reaching a hand out to place it on his cheek. "That...normal people cannot do what you did, even I know that..."

Talia wasn't sure what to feel. Fear? Excitement? Happiness? Terror?

As the glowing slowly ebbed down as Talia kissed his cheek, noticed that it was close to his lips. This made him smile slightly before sitting up. "It was not a problem at all, Princess."

He cursed silently; he was saving up that magickal energy to heal himself! However, Lucius froze when she asked him about healing the bird. He hesitated, wondering if she should tell her or not. If her father were to find out his lineage, then... all hell would break loose.

"I . . . I am what you would call a "demi-god", Talia. I was part of a race called Delusians," he explained slowly, looking at her for any sort of reaction.

Talia stayed close to Lucius as he spoke, and she noticed how he seemed to not want to tell her how he did what he did. She was ready to tell him that he didn't need to tell her, he had no need to. It was his business, not hers, and she was snooping. But he told her before she had a chance to stop him. Her eyes widened when he spoke, and she found her hands shaking a bit. "So...So that's how you broke through those bars yesterday!" she said in a hurried tone. "You...Why didn't I notice that before..." she muttered to herself as she clenched her hands into fists.

Her face was full of several emotions, none perfectly defined. She was frightened, that was for sure, but she also looked pained, relieved, and a bit happy. Talia was so confused, she moved from her kneel to sit on the floor, her legs folded next to her, her hands in her lap.

"Delusians..." she murmured, "You say...you were a part of the race...What happened, Lucius?" she said, her voice even, not giving away any of her emotions, afraid she'd upset him. She lifted a hand to brush some hair behind her ear and she glanced to the bird that had managed to make itself comfortable on her pillow.

So much had happened in the past day and night that she was torn between thinking some things, and behaving certain ways. She knew in a little while she'd have to put on a fake smile and take her place next to Marcus for daily events, but all she wanted to do was sit with Lucius, despite her fear of what he was. She wanted to learn about him, understand him, and finally get to know a person for who they were, not what place in royalty they held.

The Thief stayed utterly calm as she spoke and dozens of emotions tore through his face, not allowing her to settle on any feeling in particular. He saw the way her hands clenched, and his eyes darkened to an indecipherable expression. "It was not your fault. I did my best to hide who I am," he whispered, scooting in and slipping his fingers into her hands.

"Yes, Delusians. We were..." he paused, attempting to form the explanation in his mind. "Long ago, my people had a kingdom beside this one. It was a peaceful existence, until the king of this kingdom discovered that our kind had the blood of gods running through our veins. There was an artifact that connected all of us to them, and as such, we gained abilities above those of mortal men.
"The king saw us as a threat, and so he invited the royal family to a friendly banquet . . . until he murdered them in cold blood. After that, we were hunted down and killed, almost to extinction. My parents were able to protect me and sent me to a friend of theirs in the city. Now, as far I am aware of, I am the last of my race."
as he spoke, an emotion was clearly etched into his face; sadness and regret

"I'm sorry for the pain I have undoubtedly caused you. I think . . . I shall leave when I able to heal myself," he whispered, the words themselves causing him pain. Lucius did not want to leave her side, especially when he might had found... her.

Talia listened quietly, and as he explained she felt her jaw drop and her eyes water. Her people, her ancestors had murdered his people! For all she knew it had been her grandfather, or great grandfather. She didn't know how old Lucius was, nor if his people had normal living years. She felt herself overcome with grief at the thought of hurting his family, his race, his kingdom! Talia continued to quietly listen, until he spoke of leaving.

Instantly she shook her head, her eyes shedding tears as she did so. The Princess threw herself across the small space between them, pushing him back onto the floor as she wrapped her arms around him. "No Lucius!" she said in a whisper. "Don't leave...please...please don't leave me here..." she begged. Her eyes were squeezed shut, moisture escaping threw the closed lids. She was shaking her head, her hands clinging to him.

"I'm so sorry...My family...they caused you so much pain.." she said in a shaky voice. "I..I want to make up for that! If I...If there is anything I can do for you...Just name it Lucius..." she said in a rush. "Lucius...I want you to be happy...Not followed around by the pain of your past..." she said quietly.

"Maybe...we could go look for others...See if there are others like you still...Lucius what if you are not the only one left..." she urged. "I'll help you...I'll...I'll go with you to search!" she insisted, her face buried into his shoulder, wetting his shirt with her tears. "Just don't leave.."

Lucius was surprised by the sudden movement of arms wrapping around, and once again his face fell into the hidden expression, though Talia couldn't see his face at the moment, due to where her head was. He certainly did not have the heart to tell her who ordered the deaths of his kind, but he knew it would come back to bite him in the ass.

His hand brushed away her hair, sighing gently with a smile. "You are not at fault, Princess. I have . . . somewhat moved on from the anger I feel towards the ones who kill my family," he replied, then looked at her in amazement from her offer.

Was she saying what he thought she was saying? Abandoning her home for... him? The idea was simply imperceptible. But, nevertheless, he leaned in and kissed her cheek, close to her own lips. "Thank you for the offer, Talia, but I am not so sure that anyone else survived the hunt."

"But- But you don't know that!" she insisted. "Someone could be out there! Trying to rebuild your kingdom!" she pulled away, so she sat on her legs, her dress bunched out around her as she spoke. "Lucius...I...I can't help but feel guilt..It was my family that did this...If...If I only knew who it was! I'd- I'd hurt them!" she said in a huff of anger. She lifted a hand, wiping away her tears.

"I don't want to be part of a family or even a kingdom that goes after innocent families! All out of fear!" she said with a frown. "It just isn't fair..." she murmured, looking down at her hands in her lap. "Lucius..." she murmured. "Who did it...Who betrayed your people's trust?" she asked softly, fearing the answer. Her hands lifted, one on each side of his face, cupping his cheeks. "I wouldn't have been able to give up without revenge....It was your family Lucius...your everything..." she sniffled, her eyes soft in a kind expression.

She heard footsteps outside the door, but she ignored them, figuring it was a guard walking by on his rounds about the castle.

Despite her knowledge, the slaughter did not happen that long ago. From what Lucius could tell, she was only a baby when it occurred. Hearing her words made him look down in guilt.

"The act was only one of stratagem, Talia. Killing my people meant that they would grow stronger. I suppose I . . . respect it, in that aspect. Meant that we were seen as powerful," he muttered, though his sadness far outweighted any respect he had.

Once she lifted his head to look at her, his eyes glanced away, obviously not wanting to reveal who had torn apart his family, his life.

" At the time, I was the age of fourteen when they were killed. And you were a newborn, I suppose. The man that lured my family - my people - to their deaths . . . was your father." he admitted, his eyes hardening into a stoic expression.

Talia felt herself tense when she heard him speak. Even before he said, the mere mention of her being a newborn when it happened made her know instantly who'd killed his people. The Princess felt both pain and fury fill her inside. She stood in a rush of limbs, her fists clenched as she rushed for the door of her room. "He! He would do something like that! That heartless man! HEARTLESS!" she yelled angrily, her eyes narrowed into small slits of an emerald hue. "He will pay for what he has done!" she growled.

Her hand lifted to grab her door knob, she was determined to go find him at that very moment. Give him a piece of her mind and maybe even smack him! He deserved it. All of it! He deserved pain and suffering.

"I'm going to make sure he pays for this Lucius," she said, turning to him for a moment before she began to turn the doorknob,"I don't care if you're over the pain...It still doesn't make what he did right!"

Pain filled her. Her own father! She almost couldn't believe it!

Lucius' eyes widened in alarm, even though he knew this would be the reaction she would have. I knew I shouldn't have said anything! he thought.

He bolted up and wrapped his hand around hers, pulling her back enough to press her against his body. "Don't. Princess, this is my problem, and mine alone. If you were hurt because of what I say..." he stopped, shaking his head gently as his voice began to break, "I don't think I could live with myself. So please . . . stay quiet about this, all right..?" he whispered into her ear, closing his eyes as he wrapped his arms around her.

"If you do . . . then I will do as you say and look for survivors, but only as long as . . . you come with me..." he opened his eyes, looking into her own, their lips barely inches apart.

Talia gasped as she was caught, her body still tense as he wrapped his arms around her. She didn't want to stay quiet, not when there was a monster that needed to be destroyed. She finally rested in his arms after a moment or two, her eyes closed momentarily to collect her thoughts. His breath brushed her ear as he whispered to her, and she shivered.

"Lucius..." she whispered, her eyes opening to look at him. He would agree to look for survivors, but only if she went with him. She had told him she'd go with him, but it would require some planning on her behalf. She'd have to get out of the grasp of her fiance and father. For a moment though, all of that was forgotten, the mysterious thief's lips barely inches from her own. Talia felt her breath catch in her throat, her eyes locked on his own.

Slowly she leaned forward until her lips touched his, her hands balled up on his chest as her eyes fell shut and she leaned more against him. She kissed him, gentle and sweet, her mind swimming with different emotions as she sought out the affection she so desperately desired.

Honestly, Lucius had not meant to imply that he wanted a kiss. Of course, it was what he wanted from the moment they meant, but the closeness was unintended.

His body trembled gently as a thousand shocks of happiness tore through his skin, stopping at his heart when she pressed her lips to his. He remembered the taste, sweet and addicting, but now it was no longer merely a taste... it was a sensation that rolled over him before he kissed her back, ever so gently.

Talia's body relaxed against his sculpted physique, melting into his embrace as he closed his eyes, ignoring all outside interference as he stepped towards the bed. He laid her down, their lips still connected as he placed his hand upon her hips, kissing her a bit more fiercely and passionately.

Talia let him move them towards the bed, and she happily went along with it. As she felt the mattress press into her back she lifted her arms to surround his neck, pulling him closer against her as their kiss deepened. Passion surrounded them, wrapping them up in a cocoon that she didn't want to leave. How was it that Lucius, a man who she'd barely just met could stir inside of her so many feelings, while Marcus a man who she'd known most of her life couldn't so much as make her smile.

Her hands moved up through his hair and her lips continued to mesh against his as her tongue hesitantly slid out from between her lips, curiously sliding over his own. She'd never been kissed like this. Honestly, the first time she'd been kissed on the lips was when Marcus forced it on her the night before, but that had ended because she bit him. Now she was willingly kissing back Lucius. He was her true first kiss.

Her body arched up against his as she strained to feel his body against her own. She would go with him, search for survivors of his race, and she would leave the heartless Kingdom she was a part of. But she had to escape first.

Back
Top Bottom