Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone up for a Jacqueline Carey rp...Or maybe Tamora Pierce with some kinks

jadeshaw88

Super-Earth
So, I've been trying to do an rp based on Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel books for ages now. I've tried several different sites and I haven't gotten any bites. I absolutely love her writing and I would like to do something similar.

I would also like to do something based on any Tamora Pierce series. She is my favorite author of all time and I would like to find people familiar with her.

If you're interested in either one, please post it in here and I will make a decision on which one to create judging on how many votes I get. Hopefully I won't strike out here as well.

I wasnt talking about religion being the driving factor behind the Crusades. More like the religion itself being THE major political entity in Europe durring the middle ages. It was the glue that held the minds of the unwashed masses in check while the empire crumbled and disolved into warring countries. The Crusades gave the church something for the Kingdoms of Europe to focus on rather than fighting against each other.

But, Tiberium (Rome) fell long before Yeshuisim was even outlawed as a religion, and never became the secret faith of the masses. Only to later become the Imperial religion, that held the pulse of the Holy Roman Empire even after it had disolved.

"The Holy Land" is in either Akkadian or Umaiyyati territory. I'm not entirely positive. But after the fall of Tiberium, yes, I could see several hundred years of warring over the territory as the empire collapses. Mostly Meneket, Kebbel-im-Akkad, Drujan (Or whatever it was before), The Umaiyyat and possibly Ephesium... Not Illyria because it's a vassal state of La Serenissma.

Now, if we're willing to go back more than the 100 years we had discussed, we could probably get embroiled in something like that. I could see several Heirophants of the Unseen pulling strings in the Mediterrenian countries to incite something similar to the crusades. (More than likely against Meneket, as they would have the best chance to rebuilding an empire again.) They never really specify in years, but Phedre's time is roughly 1000 years after the time of Elua, who wandered for nearly 100 years before settling in what became Terre D'Ange. Which puts phedre at about 1100 to 1200 CE.

So, given that The Unseen has never really been able to get it's hooks into Terre D'Ange... and it makes sense that The Unseen would have it's hand in these wars (Several of them throughout the years that would have similarities to the Crusades, but without the religious overtones. But in effect would be preventing either side [Meneket and Kebbel-im-Akkad] from gaining too much power, while the Umaiyyati are getting angrier and angrier over the invasion of their lands.) It stands to reason that the insular Terre D'Ange hasnt gotten involved in these wars.

Us starting with a group of nobles heading off to University, offers the Unseen plenty of opportunity for getting their hooks into the nobility. And thus the need for an Anguisette to set things right again.

I haven't read that one yet. I've read Phedre's books three times and I'm halfway through Kushiel's Justice.

So... anybody have any more ideas to throw in?

Or should we begin discussing character ideas?

Let's move to character ideas, or this will just stagnate into another good idea that never sees completion.

Good idea.

Sorry I haven't been contributing much the last couple of days. I'm sick and I got a full schedule this week at work. Which means I'm pretty much a zombie ninety percent of the time.

So do we want all of the nobles that are going to the University to be D'Angeline or do we want to add some other countries in there?

Alright...how many characters do we want to have? I feel comfortable playing up to three core characters with a few NPCs, myself.

I hope it's still open. I think it is mainly my fault if it died. I started it a couple of days before I got a job and now I barely have time to eat let alone play on the computer. I've gotten used to my schedule now though so if it is still open, I will be able to participate more in the planning.

I like your name by the way. I love Stephan Lynch.

LOL I didnt even think of that song when I made my name!

Well, I hope the tread is still alive, I love Jacqueline Carey's books and have always wanted to RP something from the setting.

I hope you're back well enough to play!

I am. I may only get a post a day but I've worked things out enough that I can play if people are still interested.

Well, it looks to me as if we've lost 2 of the people that were responding to this thread. So maybe you and I could work something out privately.

If you like?

Well that's great!

I like the idea of playing D'Angeline Nobles going to University in Tiberium to kick off the story. I suppose we should be making characters... like you guys already said. *grin*

So, in my long and inexcusable absence, I have thought of what character I would use to start off with....if anyone was still interested after my epic failure. I think I would like to play an ancestor of Roxanne de Mereliot. Perhaps a character like Jeanne, an heir to the seat of Lady of Marsilikos.

Back
Top Bottom