Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone up for a Jacqueline Carey rp...Or maybe Tamora Pierce with some kinks

jadeshaw88

Super-Earth
So, I've been trying to do an rp based on Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel books for ages now. I've tried several different sites and I haven't gotten any bites. I absolutely love her writing and I would like to do something similar.

I would also like to do something based on any Tamora Pierce series. She is my favorite author of all time and I would like to find people familiar with her.

If you're interested in either one, please post it in here and I will make a decision on which one to create judging on how many votes I get. Hopefully I won't strike out here as well.

Kushiel's Legacy has been a great influence upon my writing style. I could be interested with the right plot.

I had been a part of a Kushiel based RP group on Yahoo. But the group is on it's last legs and getting ready to die. Sadly, as it was really the only RP I've found based on the books.

Maybe we should start formulating an idea?

Best place to start... before, durring, or after the main books?

I know a few people that adore the series; but it requires a good plot for them to even want to venture into it.

Kushiel's Legacy is one of those things were it's all or nothing.

I'm going to suggest setting it some time before the books. Given that Jade hasnt finished the second trilogy yet, we couldnt feasably do something set between Mercy and Kiss. And doing something durring the books means we'd be playing in the background behind the real story.

Did we want to use an anguissette? If so, we could set the rp for...what was it?...100 years or so before?

That could be interesting, do you think this will be large scale as is typical of the story lines of Carey's or will this be more localised in D'Angeline society?

Well, D'Angelines have always been somewhat insular, and therefore the inital story arc would make sense were it localized. However with hints of the outside world trying to intrude.

An anguisette, I believe would only appear with major events in the world that need be dealt with, which would bring the overall story arc out to encompass more of the Mediterranean kingdoms.

At first I though 100 years ago would be a great idea, seeing as that was the last recorded Anguisette before Phedre. But... It would essentially be the generation before the first book, and the events leading up to The Battle of Three Princes... We would have to bear that in mind with the story arc.

Ammendment to my last comment...

We would need to deal with the events leading up to the events leading up to the Battle... Seeing as the Battle of three Princes was still in recent memory when Phedre was born.

Figure the king/queen would be Gannelon, Benedicte, and Rolande's grandparents near the end of their reign.

Yeah plus Delauney was actually in the battle and he was in his forties wasn't he?

I figure that going back that far in time would give us enough of a fresh story line that we wouldn't run into issues with crossing lines with the original plot. If that made sense.

So, if I remember correctly, the Battle of the Three Princes was against Skaldia. So maybe we could have some plots there. Obviously not as well made as Melisande's but definitely some intrigue. Plus we nobility has always been riddled with overly ambitious people.

Well, it's a popular era for the Nobility to attend University in Tiberium.

Perhaps that's not a bad place to begin while we hammer out the details of what's going on in Terre D'Ange? A group of nobles attending University, at least one of which would be of interest to the Unseen who use the school for recruiting.

I suppose the big question would be who gets to play the Anguisette...

I had an idea for her and her twin sister. Identical, save for that crimson spot in her eye. The twin also feels the pleasure of her sister's 'pain', while on the converse, the Anguisette can feel actual pain though her sister. (Going off of the theory that twins can sense what the other is feeling, obviously to a lesser degree.) Given that they would be rather close in mindset, it would probably be best if they were played by the same person rather than splitting them up.

Hmm, there's so many options for characters.

I'm liking this idea quite a bit, if I had to place it comparatively I would say this period of Terre D'Ange is roughly 13th century technologically.

I honestly don't mind who plays the anguisette. I'm a switch so...

Anywho, I like the idea of it starting out at the University. The anguisette might not come into play for a while that way though...assuming that she went down a similar path to Phedre ((as the marquists tales seemed to indicate))

Well I'm a dominate through and through and male too boot, so I was never in the running for that position.

Did Kushiel's Legacy have its own version of the Crusades or Byzantine Empire at all?

Wow! You are now one of my favorite people! ^.^

I'd like to have a dom and a sub character but I don't necessarily need to be anguisette.

I would have to say no to the Crusades era, given that "Christianity" (Yeshuites) had no empire to cause/allow them to become the dominant religion durring the middle ages. (That would be the future of Vralia however.)

I would like to play an Anguisette, but I had forgotten about Master Robert going off about his Master going off about Anguisettes under the tappers. But since as I have no interest in playing an adept that kinda discounts me... *shrugging*

I'm a switch as well, and was intending on playing at least one dominant and one submissive character.

Eh, Crusades had more to do with greed then religion.

You can have Illyria, Ephesium and Khebbel-im-Akkad warring over territory. It could create the instability that allowed for Drujan to be created the decade or so before the events of Kushiel's Avatar.

Just tossing out ideas.

I love brainstorming. ^.^

I like the idea of warring countries. There is always a war going on somewhere and it makes things interesting. It would be relevant too since we were thinking of starting out at the University.

If only Jacqueline Carey hadn't messed up the development of gunpowder, that was the most disappointing part of Naamah's Kiss.

Back
Top Bottom