Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Instrument Of My Desire (Ghostxtiger)

Shad0wX

Planetoid
It was another slow day at the shop. Sabrina could barely take the boredom. But what could she say? She actually had a job opposed to a lot of the people she hung around, and it did involve something she loved; music. She started to loop a strand of hair around her finger as she blow a bubble with her bubble gum. Her mind became preoccupied with the music playing in the store's radio. She was the type that loved all kinds of music, she didn't really discriminate genre wise though there was the occasional song she disliked. With this fascination with music you would think she played an instrument or two but she actually never learned. Her parents would never pay for her own instrument or lessons finding it a waste of time.

Suddenly a customer snapped her out of her trance-like state. "Excuse me, I'm here for my 3:00 lesson," the customer alerted her. "Oh, um just head right to the back and they'll take care of you," Bri replied as she pointed the customer in the direction of the instructor.

Yet another slow day in the shop. Hana strums her prized possession, a gibson les paul guitar as she leans back. She was completely zoned out as she always was when playing her baby until her 3:00 lesson came in. "Oh hey." she smiled "Take a seat." She didn't have many students. Some people can't afford it and others don't take a female guitarist seriously which frustrated Hana but she shrugged it off most of the time. "So where did we leave off?" she asked as she sat in the upright position.

The customer sat down before speaking. "We finished the scale," her student answered.

Sabrina turned so that she could watch the lesson. Ever since she got her job there she admired Hana's playing. Bri thought Hana made it look so easy. Watching one of Hana's lessons was probably the high point of Bri's day. It seemed as if Bri's admiration was almost becoming a general facination with her.

"Alright" Hana said then continued with the lesson. It was only an hour long and was soon over. She led the student out. "Remember to practice or these lessons are all for nothing." she reminded the student then went to the counter where Bri was. She always thought she was rather cute. "slow day huh?" she said, making small talk with her co-worker.

"Yeah, it's pretty dull," Bri said ending with a small nervous laugh. "How was the lesson?" She asked as if she didn't sit and watch the whole time. She started playing with her hair again but this time without the bored expression. Even though they didn't talk much she couldn't help but get a little nervous. It wasn't that she was the shy type it was just that talking to Hana was like talking to one of her idols... actually, that's exactly what it was.

""Oh it went fine" Hana said. She leaned against the counter next to Bri, her back turned as she watched the door for any customers. "Hey Bri I was thinking" she said as she reached in her pocket and pulled out two concert tickets. She's been wanting to ask her out for a while. "I got an extra ticket to the show tonight. Wanna come with me?"

Sabrina's eyes widened in shock. It surprised her that Hana asked. "R-really? Of course! that would be great!" She replied happily. She wanted to jump up and down and scream, but she contained herself. She hoped she didn't seem too eager and weird by the way she accepted, she was just easily excitable. "Are you going to be here til we close or are you leaving early?" she asked curiously.

Hana smiled when Bri said yes "hmmmm...we can close up early" she said as she placed the tickets back in her pocket. she was so happy that Bri said yes. Maybe she can tell her how she feels about her at the show. "Let's get started closing up the place." she said then went to the back to get started.

"Okay!" Sabrina said excitedly. She quickly fixed up the register then put away al the returns. She had actually gotten finished faster than usual even for a slow day like this. She was so excited for the concert and it showed. She wondered what Hana thought about them going out like this. Bri would feel bad if Hana found out she though if it as an actual date but didn't feel the same.she didn't want anything to ruin her day today.

Hana smiled then helped Bri close up. They were finished in no time and she led her out. "So shall we take your car or mine?" she asked. It wasn't too far from the concert venue. They could actually walk there which Hana realized after she asked "On second thought. Let's just walk" she smiled. She then started wondering if this was a date or not. Of course she wanted it to be but did Bri feel the same way?

Bri nodded and grabbed he bag from behind the counter. She wasn't the purse type of girl so she carried a messenger bag over her shoulder. "Okay so let's go!" She said happily as she grabbed Hana's hand and lead her out of the store. Once outside Bri realized what she did and let go of Hana's hand. She couldn't help but blush. "I'm sorry," she let out sounding embarrased.

Hana paid no mind to the and holding. She actually like the feel of Bri's warmth. She just chuckled at her action when they came out. "It's ok" she said then went to her car to put her guitar in the trunk then led Bri down the street. It was already night and people were out having their own night on the town. A line had already formed in front of the concert venue. The doors opens just a few minutes after Bri and Hana arrived.

"Oh my god I'm so excited. I usually never get to do anything like this thank you so much Hana," Bri said as she hugged Hana tightly. She ended up taking Hana by the hand again and led her inside as the line kept moving. It was pretty crowded but there was still room to move. When the usher asked for their tickets she turned to Hana and smiled.

"No prob" Hana smiled then led Bri inside. When she was asked for the tickets she reached into her pocket and presented them. He ripped off the stub and gave them back to Hana who then gave one to Bri before leading her inside. She found a comfortable spot with a good view of the stage. "You want a drink or something?"she asked.

"Um yeah... I think... maybe..." Bri said with a nervous laugh. She still couldn't believe she was there. She could feel her heart beat harder than the bass of the music that played before the opening act. "Are you getting something? If so I'll go with you," she said happily. For some reason she didn't want to leave Hana's side. She was never so clingy before and she didn't know what was so different this time.

Hana smiled at Bri. She was fine with Bri sticking by her. These shows can get rather crazy. "Sure" she said then took Bri's hand and led her to the concession stand. She got some water for herself and waited for Bri to make her selection before paying.

Bri got some water and waited quietly. A guy walked up behind them and put his arms over their shoulders. "What are to gorgeous girls like yourselves doing here alone?" The guy said. Bri wasn't use to getting hit on by guys so she didn't really know what to say.

Hana paid then felt someone out their arm around her. She turned to see some guy trying to hit on them. "Ugh, because we wanted to have a girl's night out if you don't mind" she said with an attitude. She hated when guys think they can hang all over her and didn't like that he might be making Bri uncomfortable.

"Aw can you guys make one little exception. I'll definitely make it worth your while," the guys said, implying sex. Bri's gaze hit the ground and her grip tightened in Hana's hand. Normally she had a bit of a temper and she'd rip the guy a new one but she didn't want to blow up in front of Hana. Sha would worry Hana wouldn't want to be around he after seeing her angry.

Hana glared at the guy and stepped away from his arms and pulled Bri towards her "I highly doubt that" she said "Now get lost." she said. This was the last warning the gut would get before she raised her voice. She didn't want to seem hotheaded in front of Bri.

"Fine have it your way..." the guy said before walking off. "Thanks Hana, I didn't know what to say..." Bri said as she hugged Hana. She felt really close to Hana like they had been friends forever. Maybe that's why she felt the way she did... but how would she admit it.

Hana just scoffed at the guy then smiled at Bri and hugged back "No prob" she smiled then grabbed their drinks and went back to their spot. She began to feel even closer to Bri. Maybe she can get an opportunity to tell her tonight. A few minutes past and the lights dimmed as the band started coming out on stage.

Bri started to cheer along with the rest of the crowd as the band came out on stage. She bounced and giggled showing her excitement again. She grabbed Hana's hand again this time entwining their fingers together, more like a couple would oposed to like friends would.

Hana did the same as the band started their set. It was amazing. Hana was having a great time but she was happier because she was with Bri. She held onto her hand through the whole performance.

After the performance Bri cheered loudly as the band left the stage. She pulled Hana toward the exit. "That was amazing!" She said happily. It was drizzling outside. "I didn't bring a hoody or anything..." she said with a sigh. "Oh well I'm pretty hot anyway."

Back
Top Bottom