Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Student's Magical Dilemma Fox and Nephratiri

UrbanFox

Planetoid
Great things where expected of students who attended this school, Not one pupil would fail to achieve, succeed, and eventually graduate from this university of magic, But that is partly due to the high death rate. One mistake in a half weaved spell and it was all over.

The school itself was situated onto a cliff, overlooking both a vast forest and a endless ocean. The tall spires of the castle reaching high into the misty clouds. This was Whitecliff School of Magic, legendary amongst the known world as the high seat of magical learning. Only students of exceptional power are chosen to study at day and roam the halls at night.

Kai, A boy of 19 years of age was one of these students, Gifted in healing magic and elemental spells of a wind nature. Sharp features and a foxish grin. His dark green eyes, partially hidden under his blood red hair, scanning the corridor as he trudged towards his lesson. His black tunic fluttering behind him as he walked. It wasn't the most exciting of lessons. But there were far far worse happening within the halls of the academy.

whistling around outside in the main court yard Kira made herself hidden like the wind. she used to study in these halls, once a student herself, but now she was here as a professer; the next teacher to teach the whimsical arts of the wind, the advanced class. though it was her first semester teaching she had high hopes for her students. as they all started flowing in, groups at a time she counted the students until the very last once came rushing in.

she was slightly impressed though, one of the students knew she was around. with his red hair swishing back and forth she could tell he was looking for something that was there, but wasn't seen. letting her self float closer to him she whispered into his ear with her wind "what are you looking for?". when he turned to see who was there Kira quickly stayed behind his back as she appeared.

dressed in a form fitting white tank top under a sky blue shall with a white full length skirt that had terquoise stones beaded into a swirling pattern Kira smiled. "welcome to class everyone" with her black hair waving down her back and over her shoulder she looked over her students with her silver eyes. "welcome to Wind Magic, the Advanced course" waving her right hand in a small circle, her bell bracelets ringing as she moved, a stream of clouds circled around before depositing a piece of paper. "when i call your name i'd like to come stand next to me and show me your favorite wind magic" looking at the top of the list she called out name after name before coming to "Kai?".

Kai's eyes scanned the room as he turned sharply around. He could have sworn he heard feint whispering in his ear, enough to put him on edge, there where reports of ghosts haunting the halls of this olden castle. Sometimes a friendly haunting, but rumours had been spreading about possession, Still, he brushed the thoughts aside, distractions would likely get him turned into a pig or blown into partials. his attention rose when his name was called out.

"Okay then." Kai said, rising to his feet casually, noticing a few heads turn as he did so. His red hair waving in the slight breeze that flowed though the class like a gentle wave. He stood next to Kira, stealing a few glances at her body as he did so, She was truly beautiful, In both face and figure, and her laugh could light up a room. As if by magic. Kai out stretched his arm, and let the magic flow though him, filling his veins. He focused the power into his hand and let it slowly out, turning it into static as it left his finger tips. he smirked slightly and took it up a level, using wind currents todirect the flow of lighting, with this he could create any pattern he wanted, glowing with pure focused energy.

It didn't have much purpose in combat, But it was Kai's favourite magic.

writing down a short discription of Kai's display and a small image to help remind her Kira smiled "thank you Kai that was beautiful". swishing her hand aroud once again when the last person was finished Kira made her list disappear to free her hands. "now i know today is the first day, but we're an advance class so we're going to just jump right into teaching" picking up an apple that one of the students had brougth her Kira showed it to the class "as you've seen me do twice now we're going to learn to use the wind to make things disappear and reappear". holding the apple in her left hand Kira demonstrated with her right.

"you want to push the current around with your hand, kind of pulling a cloud around the object," working slow with her magic Kira wanted to be sure eveyone could see "now the tricky part is to place it somewhere else. wind can not distroy or create it can only move and replace". wanting to show the class what she ment Kira made the object disappear then reappear on the desk of the girl that had brought it to her. "the wind and cloud you use has to be wider and stronger then the object you're wanting to move," Kira explain with hand gestures for those of the students that were visial "if your wind is too small it wont wrap around or clear the object, if your wind isn't strong enough it can't lift the object". making a varity of fruit appear on each student's desk Kira smiled "now i want all of you to practice," placing a large basket on the grass she gestured to the opening "i want you to get atleast one fruit in the basket. i just hope all of you have time between class to chance your clothes because you will get juice on your clothes".

making sure to keep a distance away from the students Kira walked around the class, watching and helping any student that seemed to struggle. everyone seemed to get it after their first explosion of the fruit. it wasn't uncommon for the students to make the wind too small at first or too strong that it crushed the fruit. when she finally made her rounds Kira placed herself behind Kai to watch him.

Back
Top Bottom