Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Making it in the Wild West (Kolath x Ghost)

Kolath

Pulsar
Jennet Macalister picked up her bag that the stage coach driver had so unceremoniously dropped to the ground. She sighed and brushed the travel dirt from her dress looking around for a moment. He long auburn hair hung down her back in soft curls, even a little disheveled after the hard travel it still held the shine and beauty that clearly she was used too.

Digging into her bag she pulled out a slightly weathered envelop before walking over toward the land office. She entered looking around noticing another woman in the office standing over by a table with several maps laid out on it, clearly land rights maps showing the dividing lines between properties. Not paying the woman any attention Jennet walked over to the desk placing her envelop in front of the little man in glasses behind it. "I'm Jennet Macalister here to claim my husband's land in his name."

The envelop contained the deed to fifty acres of land outside town as well as the water and mineral rights to the property. It also contained a death certificate for her husband as well as a power of attorney in her name giving her the right to claim all the dead man's property.

The man behind the desk stared at the papers looking them over carefully and sighed. "Everything seems to be in order, but you should know Ma'am that we had received word of your husband's death and knew nothing of anyone that could claim his land. It was set to be sold here in the next two days, there will be many a man that isn't happy that you showed up. That land is some of the nicest land in the area, well that and the land next to it owned by." He motioned over to the other lady, "Your new neighbor."

Jennet was surprised to find that there was another woman that owned land out here, she had thought that she would have been alone. She turned to look over this other woman that seemed to be just as independent as she was, it would be nice to have a kindred spirit around now just to meet her.

The woman's name was Alice Franklin. She was a tall woman with long black hair she wore down and straight. She was dressed in a button up shirt with a pair of chapped pants and boots although it was highly unorthodox for a woman to dress like a man but she didn't care. She has been living on her family's farm after she took control of it. Her mother died in childbirth and her father was killed five years ago.

She was going over the maps because she heard that someone will be taking over the neighboring farm and she wanted to check the property lines so there would be no problems. She looked up from the maps to see a woman enter. She took notice of her beauty but then just went back to her maps.

She once again looked up when she heard what the woman was here for. Another woman who owned land? She smiled at the thought then walked over to the woman, her spurs making a jingling noise as she walked over.

"Hello there" she smiled "I guess you're the one who's taking over the farm next to mine"

Jennet looked over the woman dressed so scandalously, her heart skipped a beat just the way it had when she had first seen her husband. She pushed that thought aside forcing herself to remember this was another woman no matter how she was dressed or beautiful she was. She blushed slightly before stepping forward and clearing her throat, "I suppose I am, Jennet Macalister, my husband bought the land but died before we could start the journey out here." She looked down for a moment the thought of her husband bringing back that feeling from a moment ago. She brushed it off and looked back up smiling, "Since we are going to be neighbors we should get to know each other, would you join me for lunch?" Even as she said that Jennet realized she had no idea where to have lunch in this town.

Alice frowned when she heard about the woman's husband. "Oh my condolences." she said as she remembers her father and how he was killed. She just shook it off. this was no time t be bringing up bad memories. She smiled at Jannet's offer "It would be my pleasure. I know a good place. A friend of mine owns it" she said then went to gather her things from the table. "It's not too far from here. We can walk." she said as she puts on her hat.

Jennet smiled slightly at the other woman's extension of kindness at the death of her husband. "Thank you," she whispered barely loud enough to be heard but still there. Her face brightened as Alice suggested she pick the place and nodded enthusiastically at the suggestion. "That would be lovely since I don't know the town yet so have no idea even where to suggest." She gathered the title and other papers that she had been given by the clerk of the land office placing them all in a folder and tucking it under her arm heading toward the door. "Shall we?" she motioned for Alice to lead the way since she had no idea where she was going.

Alice smiled and nodded then put on her hat before she led Jannet outside and across the small down to the saloon. The place was rather crowded. Men were playing poker while a can-can show went on on the small stage.

"Hey Alice" the bar tender said when he spotted her enter the door.

"Hey Roy" she said then turned to Jannet. "this place can get rowdy but just stick by me and you'll be fine" she said to her then led her to the bar.

"So who's this lovely lady" Roy smiled.

"This is Jannet. My new neighbor" Alice said then let Jannet introduce herself.

Jennet followed her new neighbor into the salon and instantly blushed at the noise and the sight of the can-can girls. She covered her mouth to stop a gasp and nodded silently at what Alice said to her about staying close. There was no way that Jennet was getting to far from Alice who seemed so comfortable here. She slowly lowered her hand and nodded her head to the bar tender still blushing. "Jennet Macalister a pleasure." She blushed as words escaped her not knowing what to say. Taking a moment she looked around biting her lip slightly at all that was going on with girls in men's laps and dancing. She turned back to Alice, "Is this a normal Salon? I have never been in one before…" she blushed again as her lack of world experience came out so quickly.

Alice ordered two drinks for them then turned to Jannet. "Yeah this is your average saloon" she said then noticed Jannet's behavior. "Are you uncomfortable here? We can go somewhere else if you like" she offered. She didn't want to get start off on the wrong foot with her new neighbor by bringing her to a place that made her feel unsafe.

"Don't fret little lady. You got Alice here. Aint no one dare mess with the likes of her" Roy said with a grin.

Jennet gave a small smile to the bar tender again and blushed more before shaking her head, "No…well…a little but it's okay." She leaned against the bar trying to slow her breathing and block out some of the sounds that were coming to her. God weren't these women the least bit controlled, She had gone to her husband's bed many times in their short time of marriage and though she had enjoyed it, never had it felt as good as these girls were making it seem and they were still fully clothed in public. A combination of sickness and longing hit her before she pushed it down.

She took the drink she had been ordered and didn't even think about it before taking a drink not even sure what it was.

Back
Top Bottom