Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Has Blue Moons Done To you???

Dea M Smith

Supernova
yep I just asked that. What Has Blue Moons Done To you??? Since I came here it pulled out the Dom and sub out Of me. So what about you? what has come out from your role plays that you never did before?

I think I've gotten more from the community rather than writing on BMR. I've met some really kick ass people who want nothing more than to help you out when you're in need of it, and that's really fucking awesome. If it wasn't for some of the people who I know right now because of this place, I honestly don't know where I'd be.

I've matured a lot because of BMR, because of its members, and I appreciate everyone who's been there for me in any possible way.

Well, when I came to BMR, I never in a zillion years thought I'd ever be on staff. Yet here I am. And honestly, I think that fateful day I ended up on Welcoming Committee was probably the best thing that has happened to me in a good long while. Each step I've made in being on staff has taught me something, valuable somethings. And for that I'm grateful. I've learned to become more assertive, to not fear voicing my thoughts or opinions even if they go against the crowd. I've learned how to better interact with people. And now I'm learning how to better control my levels of sensitivity. All things that I think have improved or are helping to improve the person I am.

And though this is a 'writing' site and has allowed me to both improve my writing skills as well as broaden my creativity, this place has allowed me to meet some truly wonderful people. People I'm so glad I get to chat with relatively regularly. It's been so good for me and I cherish it all greatly.

All in all, I'd say the place has done me good. It's why I love it as much as I do. :)

Actually, I second that. I met the one I love and am living with right now on BMR. didn't expect it. Hahvy and everyone else I love in chat as a witness.

I've found a surprising amount of people with a similar sense of humor. It's more the community than anything else. It's good for stress relief. People are really non-judgmental, which is in of itself pretty damn cool. Plus, I can say... Pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want.

Given that I'm not a complete dick things generally work out pretty well for me.

But, for real, I've made some real friends around here. I was surprised when I started interacting with people about five or so months in. At first I had been warned off of interacting with basically everyone due to a recent debacle involving Eric. He was my first dose of the personality of BMR. Then after a while I realized he is the radical minority. I was pleasantly surprised, mostly, by the amount of hilarity beneath layers of patent absurdity.

Made me realize how social I could be without having immense drama issues involved, I have bad luck with that. So that's cool with me, this place has always been a hangout for the chat .

And I have met some good friends here. DrivingMissDaisy and Scotty Rage are tops. I've also recently made friends with Hahvoc, PistolKiss, TakodaVega, Cerebellum Von Doom, Kite and a few others whose actual user names escape me at this hour.

It has given me the lulz, and for that I am eternally grateful. Also, I have found a community of roleplayers that are just that: Roleplayers. Most RP sites have groups that distance themselves, like the General Discussion folks that hate the RP folks. BMR has found an improbable balance of awesome people who just so happen to roleplay. Also, literacy for the win.

Back
Top Bottom