Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wrong place at the wrong time...

Claire noticed his gaze on her and the glint in his eyes, it made him charming, and her heart beat just a tad faster.
She shook her head, "No, I have a passport but it's at home, and I don't even have any identifaction or anything, my purse was in the office at the bank."
She chuckled inspite of herself. "I guess today is full of firsts, and given how fluent you seem I likely don't have to worry about identification do I?"

She bent forward in the seat, leaning down to take off her flats. The motion offering him a view of her navy lace bra, and the soft full curve of the breast underneath.
"mmm that is so much better," she said settling back in her seat. "So safe house....and then you take off to home, where would home be?" She felt like she was probing too much, but silence was one thing she hated while in a car, and he hadn't asked about her, so she was happy ask her own questions.

He wasn't a much of a small talker so this was a surprise to him the simple fact he was opening up this much was a first for him. "You're right it wouldn't be a problem" a chuckle. "Im not stupid with my money....its laundered and once its clean its seperated and stuck in a variety of different accounts." He noticed the lace of the bra the swell of her breast and was reluctant to look away, except if he didn't he was sure they were going to get in an accident. "Let's just say out of the country for now....who knows. Might decide you want to leave once you get to the safehouse." A shrug of his shoulder as they took the next exit. And a few more streets until he pulled into the parking garage of a massive apartment complex, easily twenty stories if not more, very high end. Getting out and placing the keys in his pocket he didn't bother locking the door. Knowing the money would be picked up tonight laundered and put in his bank accounts come this time tomorrow. Oh yes everything was planned out, he was nothing if not a perfectionist.....though that did not explain her. Why had he even taken her this far. Waiting for her to get out before they began their walk to the elevators.

Claire swung her legs out of the vehicle and slipped her flats back on before hopping out. The building they had pulled into was massive, and breathtaking. When he had said safe house, she had been picturing some clap board condemned relic, not this. She closed the door and threaded her arm through his, as they walked to the elevator. She heard the taunt in his voice about leaving again.
“ You said I was boring and not living. Maybe you’ve given me something exciting to look forward to,” her voice trailed off as they reached the elevator and the doors opened. She had never seen so much luxury in such a small space before. The beauty of it making her feel like the proverbial bull in a china shop.
“Wow,” she breathed

"This is true...but im just saying if you wanted to leave I wouldn't stop you. Would be a terrible guest otherwise." A grin as he keyed the elevator entering he slipped a key in the panel which keyed the elevator to rise to his floor. Oh yes he had the key to a private condo.....well semi private the elevator would open up to an expansive hallway that just screamed expensive, with two doors, effectively dividng one full floor into two apartments. Opening the door to his he would let her wander inside. "Make yourself at home..." as he pointed out the kitchen living room, the bathrooms bedrooms, an office as well as a library. All done up in a tasteful modernized decor style full of dark colors accented with lighter ones.

Claire stepped out of her flats, before she moved further into the room. One hand trailing along the exquisite sofa, feeling the soft buttery-ness of the leather, her other hand at her throat, hiding the pulse that threatened to burst from her skin, as she looked around the room. The space screamed of him, every piece of furniture deliberately masculine and placed to perfection, it didn't lack for anything, but it was obvious this was not a place women were often welcome. She could see the meticulousness of his planning had overflowed in this space as well. Every little detail was taken care of.
“It’s beautiful,” she marvelled, as she made her way to a large picturesque window. Overlooking the skyline, Claire realized how high up they were, she took a quick step back as her knees watered. She turned to him, he looked so text book perfect in this room, with his suit.
“I just realized, I don’t even know your name.”

He had disappeared when she began to explore, coming out of the kitchen about the same time she turned to comment how beautiful it was, joining her at the floor to ceiling windows, handing her a half full glass. "I just made a guess, seem like someone who would enjoy a good red." As he took a sip of his own red wine, looking out the window while she mentioned his name. A grin broke across his features. "There in lies the kicker yes? I give you my name and what would you do with it? Or could you trust its my actual name?" A chuckle. "No im not concered, my name is Luc (pronounced luck) De La Roux, and yours?"

She laughed softly about his name, as she took the glass. She took a small sip of the wine, she rolled it over her tongue. It was a fantastic year.
"Luc," she tried his name out on her lips,and smiled, it suited him well. Strong yet darring. She took another sip of wine."Mine is Claire Taylor," she held out her hand for him,her eyes sparkling "Pleasure to meet you now, Luc."

He gave her a dazzling smile as he accepted her hand in his own, bowing down to give the knuckles the lightest brush of lips. Before raising back up. "And a pleasure to meet you Claire, though I only wish we had met under more.....pleasent circumstances." Which was true enough something about her. A certain allure that drew him in like a month to the flame and he just couldn't put his finger on what it was. Taking a sip of his own wine he would let out a content sigh. Eyes left her to drift back out over the cityscape. "Say you had the means to do anything that you wanted, no debt looming overhead no daily grind you had to go to day in and day out.....what would you do with your free time?"

Claire melted at the soft brush of his lips against her soft skin, she couldn’t help but smile as he said her name.“Circumstances right now don’t seem to bad, it makes this morning feel like a bad dream on my end,” she was slightly flushed from the wine and his question. “If I could do anything, “ she shook her head, “you are likely going to laugh at me, because it’s old fashioned, but I would love to open a fabric store in some smaller town, that needed one...and spend my days travelling and making exotic quilts” She chuckled self consciously.
She took another sip of the wine, loving the warmth it created as it slid down her throat.
“Since we are here for the night, do you have an old shirt I could change into? These clothes are going to have to do for tomorrow too.”

"Why would I laugh? Every body has a hobby or a dream...i've dabbled in quite a few things, though sadly never found anything that has called to me." A slight frown at that, looking from her back out into the city. "Who knows, perhaps i'll find it eventually I just know I wasn't cut out for the daily grind." A sly grin cast in her direction. "Well then, lets hope we can just leave it as a bad dream?" When she mentioned needing a shirt, he took a sip of his wine and nodded, motioning for her to follow him as they moved down the hall towards some of the closed doors. Opening one he stepped into his bedroom, done up much the same as the rest of the apartment. With a California king on a low profile frame, the bed looked freshly made with a thick soft comfortor pulled up to the pillows that rested at the head. There still was the amazing view, but half hidden behind shades coming down from the ceiling. He began digging around in his closet before he found an old shirt. Granted he dressed nice, and he lived in a nice place, but he didn't look like he did all the time. Handing her the shirt he gave her a look. "When you decide to change, just leave the clothes, I can have them dry cleaned?" One of the other neat little services offered in this particular hotel.

She looked up at him. “Maybe you just need to find the right thing to capture your interest, you seem as though if you found that thing, you would be passionate for life.” She looked around the room, it was definitely his bed room, masculine and meticulous, just like the rest of the place, and if possible the view even more stunning. Claire reached out and took the shirt from him. The starch long gone from the collar, the fabric so worn it was as soft as butter. She looked up at him and smiled softly. “Do you mind if I quickly just change right now, in your ensuite? Then I will take you up on the offer to get these cleaned?” She set her wine down on the vanity, pulling out her tucked in blouse as she started walking to the bathroom. “So tell me what got you started in this business?” She asked the question as she partially shut the door, keeping it open just enough to hear him continue to talk. Claire started to unbutton her shirt, not realising that the angle of the mirror on the wall allowed him to watch her as she unbuttoned her own shirt.

He was a gentlemen so that kept him from staring, but he was a man to so it didn't stop him from looking, as he watched her begin to unbutton her shirt, of course he could do two things at once so answering her question wasn't to hard, he thought for a few moments. "Going on ten years, the first couple were very near things with the police, so we've polished our routine over time." A nod as if confirming what he had just said. Taking another sip of his wine, and another glance at the 'show' going on in his bathroom.

Claire finished unbuttoning her shirt, and she had just slipped it off her shoulders, leaving her in the navy lace bra and her pencil skirt, when he gave his answer. “Ten years, no wonder everything moved like a well oiled machine.” She slipped on his shirt, pausing to roll the sleeves to three quarter length, then reached to unzip her skirt. “But,” she mused as she stepped out of the skirt, “ That’s also a very long time to be looking over your shoulder, haven’t you ever wanted to settle down? Buy a piece of land some where, build a house and just settle?” Claire buttoned his shirt, from the bottom up, leaving the top two open. As she moved to the entrance folding her clothes, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She looked like a school girl, playing dress up. His shirt thin and nearly translucent showing the shadow of the navy lace, was just long enough to fall at the long part, mid thigh, but that meant it offered a very good view of the tops of her stockings, the navy clips and straps of the garter she wore. Yes, this morning she had wanted to feel risky, this definitely fit that bill. She padded back into the room, her clothes neatly folded; she approached him her heart fluttering at the intensity of his gaze.
“Is this okay?” she asked softly.

"I have a house, and settle just fine for a while, going through hobby after hobby but then sometimes I get that little itch, and just have to. Maybe just to prove I can?" An idle shrug of his shoulders though when she came out of the bathroom he had to give her a good once over, I mean she did ask him right? He chuckled, "if by okay you mean you look like you could break your fair share of hearts, then yes, your gorgeous." A wink tossed to her as he finished off his glass of wine, accepting her clothes with his free hand. "Ill make sure these are cleaned tonight."

Claire smiled and gave a soft laugh at his comment, as she handed over her clothes, still warm from being on her body, she'd never though of herself as gorgeous, but it was nice to hear. "Thank you." She retrieved her wine, and took another sip, the flush from the alcohol masking the one caused by his compliments.
“Heart breaking is not something I know much about, a good girl from a good family always untouchable, since Dad was the chief of Police in our town, and then when I lost my folks, “ she shrugged her shoulders. “There felt like there was always something tainted, that’s what drove me to move here,” Claire gestured out to the city skyline. “Big enough to get lost in, and start over, I just started over as quietly as I had left.” She paused and when her eyes met his again her lips softly parted, before she looked away, all too aware they were still in his bedroom. “Should we...?" She looked at the door back into the main rooms.

"You're quite welcome," the clothes were warm and smelled faintly of her he carried them casually as well as the empty glass a chuckle on his lips. "You look better in that shirt than I ever did." another wink shot, oh he was teasing her a little just because he enjoyed the reactions they got. Of course we was still very interested in seeing her in just those stockings and other unmentionables of course he didn't think he would press his luck. Plus he could have a very vivid imagination when he wanted to. Though wordlessly he led her out of the room, looking over his shoulder for a moment, having to flip a couple switches it was getting dark in the failing light of sunset. "Where are my manners, you must be starving...would you be adverse to takeout?"

Claire blushed deeper as she followed his gaze down her lightly clad body, a gentle smile playing across her lips. "So is that the answer to the age old question of does the man make the clothes, or the clothes make the man ..put a woman in them and it solves everything?" She threaded her arm through his as they left the bedroom. The expanse of the sunset across the skyline was utterly breath taking. Claire tunred to him when he mentioned food and laughed, full on care free, she gestured to herself. "Unless you'd like me to be stopped for indecent exposrure....I think we should stay in, take out is more than okay." She winked back at him, sliding into an easy flirtation. She moved to the sofa and curled herself into the corner of it, tucking one leg under herself, the shirt parting at the hem just a bit as she did, expossing more of her soft thigh to his view.

"Pretty much," and idle shrug and a laugh as he looked to her. He noted the blush but didn't draw any attention to it just enjoyed the effect his words could have when they were placed carefully, a slight glint of humor in his eye as she mentioned indecent exposure and he could just imagine the ticket. "Do you have a preference?" He had grabbed the phone from its cradle and moved over to sit on the couch, fingers poised and ready to dial, and he did notice more skin flashed as she tucked her leg beneath her. His choice to sit on the couch was a little closer than with normal company, but he had a feeling she was at least as intrigued with him as he was with her so he decided to press the boundaries just a tad.

Claire smiled as he sat down on the couch with her. “No, no preference, what ever you usually get would be fine.” She watched him place the call, her eyes fixed out at the last remnants of the fading sunset over the cityscape, her fingers absently playing with the clasp on her stocking of her bent leg. Once he finished placing the order, she turned back to him. “So, you obviously have a taste for wine, have you tried your hand at running a vineyard? “ She adjusted her position just a bit to turn closer to him, and combed her fingers through her hair as she watched him. He was devastatingly charming, and handsome. If not for the jadedness this morning, Claire would have laid her money on him being the heartbreaker.

"Tried, it was the one thing I did not have patience for." Said as he watched her play with the little clasp. Phone still pressed to his ear, as he placed the order, the way it sounded it was a wide variety of chinese foods, since he didn't know what she liked he'd do all he could think of, surely there was something. Plus he had the money to spare. Giving the address and setting the phone down. He couldn't help it as his gaze drifted back up her body once more before catching her eyes. "Say we caught eachothers eye across a bar, the cliche you hear all the time," said with a hint of laughter in his voice. "How would you get my attention....or better question, would you get my attention?"

Claire chuckled soflty "hmm that surprises me, the level of perfection that has to be obtained to make that perfect vintage, given your attention to details, I thought you would have loved it." She felt his eyes move up the curve of her leg, then travel to the deep v of his shirt, the blush mounting under his scrutiny. As his gaze lingered there for a moment longer, she took advantage of his distraction and really looked at the countours of his face. He had such intense eyes, and a perfectly formed set of lips, indeed that was her weakness, and in a bar that would have caught her eye. "Honestly if you caught me staring I would have blushed and smiled and turned away. And you would have caught me staring, no mistake about that. I am typically very shy, I'm not a stand out beauty, though in places like that given my height I generaly do stand out." She shook her head, "But if our eyes had met, who knows, I've been known to wink myself," and did so to demonstrate. "And I've also been known to invade some personal space to make someone notice me," she shrugged again her eyes glittering with mischief as she spoke.

He wet his lips, it was a slow gesture, sensuous without him meaning to to be as his eyes darted up to her own when she began talking. He had to laugh at her talk of invading someones personal space to get them to notice her.

He bit the inside of his cheek thinking for a moment before he moved, sliding the remaining distance between them as a hand rested softly on her leg. "You mean like this?" Said as he leaned foward, head tilting just so as his lips softly brushed her own.

It was the slightest of touch, his lips brushing softly against hers, but the sensation gave Claire goosebumps, along with his warm hand on her cool exposed thigh. She found his hand with her own, and moved it an inch higher on her leg, so his fingers nearly brushed the joint of her hip on her leg. She smiled at him as she leaned back in whispering against his lips, "Actually, more like this." Claire slid her hands through his short hair cupping each side of his handsome face before pressing her lips, softly against his slightly parted ones, she moved a bit closer to him, his body heat raditating against her, as she parted her lips gently letting him deepen the kiss.

There was a murmered sound of apprection, but it was a safe bet he wasn't about to break the kiss to make it intelligable. He deepened it after a few moments, tongue seeking entrance as he was pulled a little closer to her that hand edged a little further up, stroking her leg, disappearing up the hem of that long shirt she wore, fingertips tickling across bare skin. He knew there was something about her, and at this moment he was trapped in her allure, tthe kiss broke, coming up for air as he smiled down to her but didn't move his hand, but delighted in the feel of hers.

She smiled up at him, her chest heaving slightly at the shortness of breath his kiss caused, she eyes gilittering as she gently traced her thumb over his lips. "Would you believe me if I told you I've wanted to do that since we got into the van?" Claire lightly ran her tongue over her bottom lip, still tasting the mixture of his masculine scent and the wine. She regarded him briefly when he broke the kiss, he seemed to be feeling the pull to her as much as she was feeling it towards him. Claire shifted then gently pushing him back into the couch she moved to straddle his hips, giving her an opportunity to look down into his eyes, and let his hands explore, she leaned down her hair cascading around them as she touched her lips to his again, lightly tracing her tongue along the curve of his lower lip, softly just barely whispering his name, "Luc"

Back
Top Bottom