Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Keeper of a friend's Sibling

Master Raven

Supporter
Supporter
Blake walked into his house late at night. The clock on the wall read one o five in the morning and a sigh came from his lips. His black hair blending with the dark shirt. His green eyes pierced into his dark house that was quiet. Perhaps his house guest had gone to bed early or was she in the shower? Either way he moved to the couch in his living room and turn on the television. He removed the dark shirt from his body letting the cool air run over his warmer than normal body. Markings all over his arms, neck and chest. He had told one person about his secret and that was his best friend that now lay in the hospital three hundred miles away.

He had gotten a call three days ago from his friend saying he was in the hospital and he needed his help. Blake's friend said he was supposed to watch his younger sister for the summer. Something about their parents going out of town for the summer so she was pawned off onto him. Now his friend was three years younger than Blake but they lived a few miles away from each other. Somewhere though he got into a wreck and his sister had a few scrapes where as his friend would be there for a few months. Another sigh came from his lips since he wasn't sure what to do, or how he was going to deal with his life watching someone else.

What the hell though, Blake's friend had always annoyed him to no end. He had always caused drama, either about a girl or some other bullshit. Yet here he was taking care of this friend's sister. Then again Blake had met This girl before, and though he wasn't much of one to be very social he had gotten along with her the short time he was there years ago. HE sat there in the dark mulling over the outcomes of what his friend would bitch about when he got out of the hospital as the images changed from scene to scene on the tube.

Roxanne had just gotten out of the shower when Blake walked into the house and she heard him as he moved into the living room and turned on the television. She stayed in the cool bathroom long enough to get her light blue pajama bottoms on that had different colored shooting stars on them and her black spaghetti strap tank top on as well. Then she threw her dirty clothes from the day and towel in the hamper and opened the door to the bathroom. Roxy made her way to the top of the stairs and began to make her way down them. "How was work?" She asked, hoping not to startle him.

Roxanne had been here a few days, now and despite the fact that the two of them had gotten along well when they had met previously, the two of them hadn't talked much and she didn't want it to come off like she hated him for no reason. Roxanne had beautiful, long and curly dark brown hair and her eyes were the same Emerald color that Blake's were. She had her ears pierced once with a pair of golden crescent moons that dangled down just blow her ears and around her neck was a golden chain with a gold wolf paw hanging from it. Upon making it down the stairs she sat next to him and glanced over at him as she awaited a reply. The seventeen year old's body was covered in cuts and bruises from the crash and they were just beginning to heal.

She had only graduated high school about a week ago and her brother, who was now laying in a hospital hundreds of miles away, had come to pick her up from her parents a few days ago before they left for their vacation. The two of them had been driving for a few hours when the crash happened. It had been not long after night fall when some asshole had come across the median. Her brother had hit the car head on as it was coming across and now he would be in the hospital for months and even Roxanne was scratched up pretty badly.

Blake heard the door open down the hall where the bathroom was located. He wasn't sure what was mentioned between the two siblings about what Blake was. He sat up on the couch and focused on 'removing' the 'tattoos' from his chest and neck. Normally when he had a more public job he had to hide all of them from view. For the past year though nobody cared at his job which made it great for him. Still he thought it wise not to be very open about it so as they disappeared he let out a soft groan of pain, a few drops of sweat coming to his brow.

His job kept him in shape, body slender but strong power hidden in those slender muscles. His shirt on the back of the couch that he had been sitting on. White lettering reading "Security" on the back. Blake was a bouncer and kept out many late nights for his work, but he enjoyed it and the pay was wonderful. He looked up as she entered the room,the glow of the t.v. the only light showing him in the darkness. "It went well." He said softly. "How are the injuries?" He asked turning his head slightly.

He was able to see a bit better int the dark but he wasn't sure about her so he turned the light on. He wasn't too worried about not wearing a shirt in the cooler weather mainly because due to what he was he was always warmer than most. He took her arm softly looking it over making sure. Seeing at least four bruises just on that one arm. "There is some Epsom salt under the bathroom sink to help bruises." He said softly his eyes following up her arm to her face, her chest coming into sight for the short time he moved up her body.

Blake wasn't exactly a people person but he did respect women enough not to objectify them. Though it was an urge not to just look her up and down he remained focused on the fact that this was his annoying friend's younger sister. "So you may want to soak in the tub next time to help those bruises."

Despite the recent falling out that had happened between Blake and Keith Roxanne was still completely in the dark as to what Blake truly was: she believed he was human and Keith preferred it stayed that way, at least until he was released from the hospital and she was safely back at home with their parents. After that, depending on how good of terms Blake and Keith were, he planned on telling her the truth about what Blake was, figuring that for her stay there Blake wouldn’t dare to try and tell her. As Blake sat up on the couch and focused on making the ‘tattoos’ on his body become hidden Roxanne was too busy trying to not focus on the pain that went through her body every time she moved so that she could get down the stairs and to the couch. Then, a few minutes later, soon after Blake let a soft groan of pain escape his lips, Roxy finally made it to the couch and sat down beside Blake, wincing as she did.

While Roxanne didn’t have a job that kept her in shape like Blake did, she was quite active. When she was in high school she went between playing on the girls’ basketball team and the girls’ volleyball teams and had been one of the best players the school had on both teams. Even now, that she was freshly out of high school she stayed active by playing Dance Dance Revolution and by continuing to play Basketball and Volleyball when the opportunity presented itself to keep her body in shape. When he responded to her question by saying that it went well, Roxy simply nodded before responding to his question. “They are healing, slowly, but they are healing.” She responded.

Unlike him, she didn’t see so well in the dark and although she was thankful when he reached over and turned the light on, Roxanne did wince because her eyes had all but just gotten adjusted to the dark. “Thanks, but you could have kept it off if you wanted.” She said as her eyes already began to adjust to the light that now filled the room. Roxy thought nothing of him having his shirt off, figuring he was trying to cool down from being in a packed club all night. Roxy looked down at his hand as he took her arm with the lightest of touches and despite his tenderness, she winced once again. “How’s it look, Doc?” She asked with a small laugh before flashing him a weak smile. When he mentioned that there was some Epsom salt under the bathroom sink to help with the many bruises, Roxanne simply nodded and watched as his eyes made their way from her arm, up to her face.

Roxanne wasn’t sure how, but she could see that Blake was fighting the urge to look her up and down and she found herself smile to herself when he was able to look up at her face rather than giving into the urge to look her up and down like many men his age would have done, if given the chance. “Thanks for the advice, Blake. I’ll do that next time because I want these damn scratches and bruises gone as quickly as possible.” Roxy said before flashing him another weak smile.

Blake closed his eyes for a few seconds letting his eyes adjust after looking at her face. Everything was blurry until he reopened his eyes. There much better, he could see her eyes as well as the many scratches on her face. "Don't worry I'm sure they'll be gone by the end of the week, or at least nearly gone." He sat there for a few minutes thinking how best to bring the up. "Your Brother and I don't get along too well any more so."

A sigh came from his lips. "My work has me out at all hours of the night." He explained. "I know that things can get boring when people are alone. I have internet, food and anything else you might need. The only thing I ask is to keep any friends you might make out of the house and clean up after yourself." He ran his hand through his hair.

"You have Freedom to be your own person and you aren't a prisoner. Rules of the house stand though." Her brother didn't really set the terms but he did say to take care of her. What better way to keep an eye on her than to give her near absolute freedom in his home provided she didn't betray his trust. "I normally stay up until the sun comes up then head to bed. So chances are you can sleep during the day like I do or deal with being more alone during the day. Again I can't stress enough not bringing people here. Last thing I need is for some stranger in my house just cause you don't want to be alone." He had all movie channels in his cable contract as well as unlimited internet, and even had rent monthly movies. "I also have a fairly new game system I haven't had much time to play but it's set up online and I have some fairly recent games as well."

She watched him as he closed his eyes for a few seconds, not thinking that it was odd as she just thought that his eyes might adjust to sudden changes in lighting slower then what most peoples did. "I doubt they'll be mostly healed by the end of the week. I have some pretty nasty ones you can't see right now." She said and sighed, finally looking away from him and at the floor. It almost seemed as if something was bothering her. "What did he do to make you mad at him, and please, don't try to feed me the 'oh, it's nothing' bullshit that he did." She added, still keeping her eyes on the floor.

Roxy couldn't help but to let out a small laugh when Blake was explaining his rules of the house to her. "Cleaning up after myself, not a problem, and I don't see how having any friends in the house we be, either. Blake, the only one I know here is you and all my friends are hundreds of miles away, seeing as I highly doubt I'll make any friends here."

"I stay up most of the night anyway." She said and shrugged. Since she had been out of school for months now she had went to being nocturnal and as she listened to him she couldn't help but have a nagging feeling that there was something he wasn't telling her, but she didn't bother to ask what it was. When he said that he had one of the newer gaming systems that was what caught her attention. "Which game system do you have?"

Back
Top Bottom