Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You'll Always Have Me (Jocelyn&WhiteStar)

Jude Tierney walked through campus, a frown over her lips. She'd only been there for an hour and already she was dealing with whistles and cat-calls. She didn't want to hear that stuff. Men thought that it was flattering to yell out how good a girl's ass was, which was more annoying than anything. Maybe if she'd heard it before then she might handle it better, but people didn't shout out to see her breasts when she was a tom boy soccer player.

The brunette sighed to herself and ran a hand through the mid-back length locks. She was good at ignoring people, though, so she just made her way along the campus. First day in college, it was an adventure for sure. The impression for the first day was the reason she was wearing the tight blue jeans and tight black t-shirt with black stilettos. She wanted to impress people, and start her life over again.

A yawn escaped the mouth of a nineteen year old boy who just so happened to have his girl friend laying next to him in bed. He smiled as he rolled over to watch his girl friend sleep. He felt very content with life right now. Dating someone who not only was working, but her job was to Model for a start up magazine. People on campus was beginning to become envious of Kyle Reagan, as they began to see more and more of Kyle's girlfriend on the magazine that would hit the stands every Saturday. He was depressed when he first arrived at this college, because his best friend Jude wasn't going to be joining him in his university life. He didn't know that today Jude had already transfered to his college because she lost her scholarship when she had that injury that got her kicked out of the team.

Before the Prom in high school, Kyle had wanted to tell Jude that he had feelings for her. But she got asked out by one of the football players. Sure she was a tom-boy when Kyle knew her. That was one of the things he liked about Jude. She was a tough girl, who didn't like to wear make-up. If Kyle were to see her now he might not recognize her, because surely she should have changed over the year they were apart.

Jude slipped through the campus but didn't go to class. Instead, she was ready to set herself out on the lawn like so many people were and read the day away. It wasn't like she was behind in anything, she had attended one of the best universities in the country the year before, after all. When she was comfortable on the ground, with her book out and in front of her, men began to gather around. It made her wonder if there were any other girls on campus.

As she read, the young woman thought back to high school. When she'd been this amazing soccer star. She'd had everything a girl could want. Her best friend, a boy that she'd really loved like crazy, her sport, friends that she thought would do anything for her. She lost her best friend right after high school, she had to leave, why would they hold onto something from the past? Then, in one swift kick, she'd lost everything else.

She could still remember that last soccer game. They had been out of state, on their championship tour, two games away from winning. She was taking the ball down the field, it had been an amazing game. And then, after watching the girl running toward her to take the ball, a shot of pain in her kneecap that had her falling to the ground. It seemed to move through her whole body so that she couldn't move. For a second she didn't even know where the pain was coming from, she feared somehow she'd broken her back. Then, another blast in her knee. She couldn't move her leg through the pain...

She sighed as she looked down at the trouble knee. Under her jeans was a large scar, with a metal plate underneath. Never would play soccer again. But, at least she could walk.

Planting a small kiss on his girlfriend's forehead before Kyle got off his bed and walked out to the window to see if it was a beautiful day to run. More times than none, Kyle would usually run in any kind of weather condition. Whether it be rain or snowing, this regiment training all started with Jude. When Jude wanted to make it on the soccer team, Kyle began running every morning with her, helping her get fit and ready for try outs. And the end result became, Kyle having a built physique, which landed him a beautiful girl who was sleeping in his bed right now.

Kyle was 6'2, dark brown hair and brown eyes. Right now, the tall dark and handsome left his bedroom preparing to go out for his usual morning run. First, he would brush his teeth, and wash his face a bit before putting on a hoodie, and putting on some gray sweat pants. Kyle slept like any regular man, in his boxer briefs, all he needed to keep himself warm was his girl. Once his clothes was on, Kyle did a few minutes of stretching, before putting on his sneakers and walking out of his dorm room. First step before a run, was to stretch, second step is to warm up, and Kyle plans on doing this by walking around campus before picking up the pace and going full force.

In the beginning, when running with Jude, Kyle would bring his ipod with him to running, but now, he doesn't need it. His mindset is focused, he can easily tune out the outside disturbance during his jogging sessions. Once out of the dorm building, Kyle begins walking alongside the road. It would be a surprise when he bumps into Jude, his heart would also be broken if he finds out that she injured her leg to the point that there's a metal plate inside the leg.

"Come on, Jude." The guy said as he tossed the Frisbee up and down. Jude simply laughed and shook her head. She'd been talking to him for about fifteen minutes and she wasn't finding anything more interesting that the disk he tossed up and down. He was slightly attractive, and thought that he was more than slightly attractive. She just didn't find him interesting.

"No. I'm not really in the mood for parties." She told him. He'd been asking her, for quite a while, to go on a date with him to some big party. "Or any kind of date." She added, before he could go onto anything else. "I'd rather get into my classes before I rush into socializing." She told him as she stood up. She was bored then. "Thanks, though." She added, before waving and turning away.

As she was walking, her mouth fell open in surprise. She saw someone running and it was like a light went off in her head. It was Kyle! She'd know him anywhere. Her heart picked up pace, and she walked quickly so that she would be standing, facing as he ran toward her.

"Hey, Kyle! No music?" She called out as he approached. Would he recognize her? She'd changed quite a bit, even in the short time, but their connection had been a deep one. She'd even been in love with him. Not that she could have ever told him...

The pace Kyle was at now, was full blown running. In a distance he saw a girl coming down from a hill. He was thinking is this girl insane? Did she really think she could speed pass him while he was running? That only encouraged him to push himself even harder. He thought to himself, that girl isn't so bad looking. The outcome of this was two choices, either he runs pass her in the nick of time, or he wasn't, and crashes into her. Time was ticking down as Kyle and this mysterious girl colliding shorten with each second. Then suddenly, she spoke. How did she knew his name?

In an instant, Kyle opened his wide open, and quickly wrapped his arms around her as they collided. Kyle lifts her off the ground,and spun around as he landed onto the grassy ground with her on top of him. His eyes stares into Jude's eyes as he smiles and panting for air as his forehead began to excrete sweat. "Only you...will do something so crazy...as to try to get in my way...you know I don't slow down for anyone..." he said, raising his hand and brushes her hair away. So that he could see more of that beautiful face.

Kyle then helps Jude off of him as he sat up and looked at her. "You're not hurt are you?" he said...looking at her up and down. "You...are Jude? right..." he said, not really sure, since this person in front of him wasn't the Jude he remembered back in High School.

Jude laughed as she was wrapped into the man's arms and they were sent falling to the ground. She expected them to roll, but instead she was put on top of him. She had always wondered what it would be like to be on top of Kyle.

"Of course I'm Jude." She said with a laugh, smiling down at him as she held herself up. "I'm not hurt." She told him with a shake of her head. "And guess what." She said with a little bounce of her body on his. It was not intentional. In fact, she hadn't thought anything of it.

"I'm going to start going to school here." She told him brightly. "Isn't that great? We can be together again."

A smile soon appeared on Kyle's face. "That's ...." he said, thinking back to how things were before, then realizing now he has a girlfriend. "That's great..." he said after a short pause. "I guess I have to tell you something... I have a girlfriend right now... " remembering how they felt about one another in the past. He couldn't remember if one of them actually confess their love to one another during their day of high school.

He sat up and looked at her. "Why are you here though...didn't you have a paid scholarship at that other university you were at?" he said, looking at her up and down. She certainly has changed.

Jude watched Kyle's face change slowly. From happiness to trouble. And then he seemed almost upset. "Oh." She said when he told her that he had a girlfriend. "That's... That's fine." She said, nodding as she looked up at him. She hadn't expected him to rush to her and tell her that he loved her. But, she had hoped that maybe there might be a chance for them.

"I got... Hurt." She told him. "I couldn't play anymore." She explained, sitting up. She offered him a quick smile and ran her hand slowly over her knee. "So, I transferred."

Kyle hadn't wanted to tell her about his girlfriend. He just sort of spilled it out because he felt somewhat weird now that Jude was here. He was a bit shocked to hear about her injury. "What happened?" he said, "So you can't play anymore?"

"Nope. Can't play again." She said, lifting up her pant leg. Her surgical scar was still very clear. "I was kicked in a game, and it shattered my knee cap." She told him. "They had to put in a metal one." She sighed and rubbed her knee. "It still hurts more than not."

"So you're stuck this way for the rest of your life?" said Kyle, placing his hand over her owns that was feeling her knee. "That must be...painful..." he said, removing his hand when he realize what it could mean.

Jude looked down at his hand on her leg and she nodded. "Forever and ever." She told him sadly. "It hurts a lot, more often than not, right now, because I'm healing." She explained. "So." She brightened. "Did you miss me?"

"Very much so...that I needed something to fill the void... with my current girlfriend" he said, with a smile. Kyle then stood up and helped her up. "Well, sorry about knocking you over...we should get together sometime...to catch up..." he said, giving her a hug before runs off, to continue his jog.

Back
Top Bottom