Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bleeding Heart (Hat+Minxx)

Hat-tori

Supernova
Terence was not a nice person.

Then again, when one has lived through most of human history, one tends to become somewhat jaded. Terence was 'embraced' early in time of Gilgamesh, when Sumeria was the place to be and everything was incredible and things were very different. He was promised power, immortality, and beauty by a young woman. He got them. It wasn't fun, but he got them. And he regretted it. With his powers came a slew of problems, cheif among them a group of people calling themselves The Vigil. Werewolves, Vampires, Demons, Automata... most of them nearly wiped clean from the face of the earth since they began their little club some two or three hundred years ago.

The rain. He hated the rain. It drenched his long black hair, and he had to blink constantly to keep it from stinging his bale blue eyes. He looked over his shoulder as he moved onto the grass. His long legs slipped on the rain-slicked vegetation, and he fell on his ass and kept going, through a ground floor window and into a basement, where he fell on his face, power ripped from his body like a limb. He groaned and passed out quietly.

He wore only a pair of black slacks, the rest either lost in the chase or not worn when it began. he has small cuts on his body from the glass, but they bled slowly. His body was like a swimmer's, lithe and slightly muscular, and he was tall.

She loved the rain. There was something so calming and promising about it, how it seemed to have so much power and yet none at all. It was the doll of a greater purpose, a bringer of life and yet the terror of many.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a crash in her basement, which sent chills down her spine. A burglar, she thought immediately. And she was the only one here.

Her instincts took over, not to run but to protect her property. She grabbed a knife and headed into the basement, cautiously and quietly as she could. She didn't not find a burglar, but a man lying on the ground. She was wary of this man, but he seemed to be of no danger at the moment and even more so, injured. She approached him steadily, and considered her options.

As she drew close she saw that he was alive, but not conscious. So she did what any sensible woman would do with an intruder. She brought his body up into the empty bedroom (it was difficult work, as even his body was heavy and clumsy for a thin girl such as herself to carry). And there, she tied him to the bed. Couldn't be a threat that way.

((Well, that's a first. XD ))

He blinked awake after a few minutes.

Well, this was new. He chuckled, looking up at the woman. "This is possibly the worst misunderstanding I've ever had." he said, testing the binds. "Or the best." he added with a laugh. "My good later, I assure you, I'm not going to harm you or steal from you. You can trust me." he said, "Besides, I'm going to catch my death in these wet pants."

(( Well, you know. xD Probably is the smart thing to do, assuming the intruder didn't awaken in the process. Are we in a modern setting? I'm picturing this is some kind of ambiguous rural setting. ))

She eyed him suspiciously. "Oh, yes, of course. You're going to do me no harm, and yet you're already defending yourself. Not even confused or disoriented? Why is thieving on your mind then? You should be more concerned with figuring out why you're tied to a bed."

"Miss, you have no idea how often this has happened to me." he said with a sigh. "'cor, usually it's so some woman, or man, in one case can steal my wallet, but... How did I even get here? I was running from an altercation, and here I am." he sighed. "You could at least untie me..." he said, wondering why his voice didn't work. Had he lost that in the stripping of power as well?!

Something got the better of her -- Was it sympathy? A kind heart? No, something else -- and she felt that her actions were too harsh. She headed to the fireplace and started a small kindling before she approached the bed, somewhat apprehensively. She still had her knife just inches away where she could protect herself if necessary, didn't she? And he seemed weak. Maybe it made sense that he was just desperate for shelter.

Either way, she succumbed to the demand and slowly began to untie him, eying him cautiously, lest he try something he shouldn't.

"That's much better." he said, rubbing his wrists a little. He walked over to the fire and spread his hands before it with a happy sigh. "I'm afraid I don't really have anywhere else to go, my good lady. You are, of course, free to turn me out, but I can offer you a great many services. Indeed, I would happily submit to your every command for a place to stay for some time." he said.

She blinked, a little bit confused. Perhaps he was a bit of a gentleman? No, he was too calm! Why was he so calm and collected? Something was strange. "I can take care of myself quite alright, thank you," she protested. "I'm not going to trust you to be rumaging through my house doing 'chores.' But... I can see it's raining. I'll let you stay at least until the rain's let up."

"That is mighty kind of you." he said. "Rummage through... You mistake me for a common burglar! Really now, if I wanted to overpower you and take your valuables, miss, I would have done so as soon as you had freed me." he tapped a stand of pokers next to the fire with one bare foot.

"I'm sure you can't blame me for being aware, can you?" she retorted. "It would be foolish of me to trust a strange man, and it's is even still foolish of me to keep you in my house now." She cast a glance out the window. "But it's raining, and you're already soaked as it is... No burglar would pick a night like this to do his work."

"I suppose I am overstaying an unextended welcome." he said. "So do tell, how can I make it up to you, my good lady?" he asked again. "I cannot ask you to trust me, at this point, be you can at the very least allow me to earn my stay."

She pondered for a moment. "You can help to patch up the broken window in the basement," she decided. "It'll be getting very messy down there from the rain. And you can help to mop up the mess. It's the least you can do for being the one to cause the damage. But not before you give me your name."

"Terence Delarosa, miss." he said with a smile. "Sure, I can do that for you." he said, "Just lead the way to the basement, if you would?" he chuckled.

She gave him another cautious look before opening the door and stepping out into the hall. She was a small-framed girl, not at all short but yet seemed to be a child in comparison to him. Her dress hugged her body closely, protectively, but hung just above the middle of her thighs. "Olivia," she declared, over her shoulder, and headed toward the basement stairs.

"Olivia. That is a wonderful name." he said, picking up a broom and a mop as he passed them, walking down the stars as they arrived. "I did this?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "No wonder I was unconsious." he said, setting to work right away, first on sweeping up the shards.

"Thank you," Olivia replied. "And... You really don't know what happened to land you in my basement?" she asked him as she rummaged around for something to throw over the broken window. Water was steadily flowing as the water ran down the slope into the opening. It was going to get very messy if things didn't fix up very soon.

"Well, I remember being chased." he said, mopping up the water as he peered about. "There's no helping it. We'll have to use my pants." he said. "Fetch me some scissors, could you?" he asked, as he began to sweep up the glass.

Olivia gave Terence a queer look. "Chased? You were being chased, and here you are taking refuge in my home? Why am I to keep you here when you're obviously a threat?" And then her look grew all the more queer. "... And your pants? What in the world are we going to use your pants for? I'd much prefer that you keep yourself dressed, thank you."

He sighed. He didn't particularily enjoy doing this. But he couldn't word his way out of this one.
"I wouldn't dare bring harm to you or your abode on purpose. You can trust me to do that, at the least. as for the pants, we need them for the-" before he could finish, his vision blurred with pain, and he had to grab a nearby wall to keep from passing out. Such deep intrusion and rewiring caused some pain to both parties, and he wasn't quite ready for it. In time, though, he recovered.
"For the window." he said, panting. "Did you feel that, just now?" he asked.

Something felt strange, and very soon Olivia felt an ache in her head and a weakening of her body which frightened her slightly, but soon the sensation passed, and she was only left a little bit confused.

Did she feel it, he had asked her, and she blinked. How would he have... So he felt it too? It must have been some sort of bad energy moving through, a source which she couldn't explain... But it was no matter, for it was gone.

She looked at him, for one feeling that perhaps, he might not be so dangerous as she'd made him out to be. In fact, she nearly felt as though she could trust him. But she still didn't need his pants.

"Well if we're going to be plugging the windows, I have plenty of towels and the sort to plug it with, and I assure you that you can keep your clothes on."

Phew.
"Ah, forgive my rush." he chuckled. "Go on, then, and fetch some. I will mitigate the damage as much as possible." he replied. the headache dissipating in time. It hurt him more than it hurt her, after all. He threw out the glass, looking around the basement. Well, soon she'd be under his thumb. It was only a matter of time and how much he wanted her to be autonomous.

Olivia went and fetched the towels. They were a poor fix, but were certain to make a difference. Simply stuffing them in the window wouldn't work well, and the glass would probably cut the one who tried, so she went outside herself and press them against the window frame. She quickly returned, damp from the rain. "I see you've cleaned up the glass, very well. Now we just need to mop up this water," she said, grabbing the mop.

"Can I ask who was chasing you?"

"A group of..." he sighed. "Let us say for now they were bigots against my people and leave it at that. I do not enjoy dwelling on it." he said, helping her mop up the mess. "You know, you should really change out of that." he said. "You don't want to catch cold, after all." he felt a slight surge of pain, but didn't dare let it show.

(( Is it okay if I ask for elaboration on things, via OOC? It would be cool if you did it to. I just thought of it, and it'd be a good way to prompt both of us to add what could be vital details! I would ask, why is he using mind control to tell her to change? :D ))

Olivia sensed that he didn't want to discuss what was going on, so she decided to drop the matter until a later date. He did look a bit different than most folk, and she understood that people rarely took kindly to different.

She glanced down at her dress. It was only mildly damp as she hadn't been in the rain too long, but she shrugged. Perhaps he was right, but she wasn't sure what she was supposed to change into. After all, this was her more comfortable dress as it was. She looked at him, her medium brown hair weighed down by the dampness. "I would like to, really, but this is my most comfortable dress as it is."

(( To test his limits. Sorry, i'm used to people who are less reasonable! hahahahah. ))

He shrugged in return. "Ah, okay." he said, "I just thought you might feel better out of it. But then, I keep forgetting nudism isn't commonly accepted on this side of the pond, so to speak." he chuckled, mopping up the last of the water. "And there we have it, my good lady. Is there anything ay all you need elsewise?" he asked, as thunder rumbled through the house. He frowned. "We should find a tarp. It might get worse." he said.

He looked around the room again for something to better cover the window. "Ah, here we go." he said, pulling out a roll of duct tape. With quick motions, he pulled it over and across the opening, one strip after another, until it was sealed.
"There."

Back
Top Bottom