Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

100 Year War (Farcry/Risi

She turned towards him, then sat up at his long winded question. With a tired smile she told him what had actually transpired minutes earlier. "I didn't want you sleeping on the floor out there when there was a bed here. You started to protest, so I told you I too would sleep in it, so you wouldn't feel bad for kicking me out of it." She shook her head and gave a chuckle, then patted the bed beside her. "Just sleep. Stop worring so much."

She pulled down the covers for him to climb under, the white skin of her legs and thigh showing slightly. Ivy didn't think much of having him sleep beside her. She knew that he was trying to keep her honor in tact by asking, yet again, if she was sure. She took his try for her safety, even from him, as endearing. And though she was in a sleepy stupor, she was still inclined to have him beside her.

Ivy laid back down, still leaving the covers pulled down for him. "Sleep, in comfort, and then you're right here if I have another dream." the comment was logical. There was no way he could say no. She knew that she trusted Caval, even in his sleep. He might have been the person she trusted most, definitely in war. Possibly even ever. Closing her eyes, she looked peaceful, even in the current time of battles and torture.

With his throat feeling tight and his heart trying to beat it's way out of his chest Caval chuckled at his almost school boy like fluster around an attractive woman. Shaking his head he commented bemused, "Worrying is what I am paid to do and what I'm good at." It was true. There were better warriors but few who were as good at worrying about what could happen, at preparing for the worst which is why Caval always had a good survival rate no matter what sort of screwed up situation his men were thrown in.

On the other hand being given the chance to sleep beside Ivy who has uncovered his milky white legs was not the sort of thing he prepared for and so he found himself unsure how to proceed further. Of course there were base instincts and pleasant day dreams he had before drifting off to sleep no long earlier which all told him to lie against her body and to enfold her within his arms, while other parts told him to leave the room now and return to his bedroll. There was also a compromise on the table within his mind of lying beside her but facing the opposite way. That way in case he got any nocturnal urges he would attempt such subconsciously on the recently tortured and molested woman. Damn her. Why did she have to make such an offer. Why did the British have to do that.

Finally he succumbed to his urges and laid down beside her. "Good night, Ivy." He said in the quietest of voices.

Pulling the covers up over both of them he found himself unable to fall back to sleep. His arm draped loosely over her, the smell of her, the warmth of her body near his, the thought, the possibility of what such a night could bring teased and tortured his mind. Time crept for him as he felt trapped between decency, duty and desire. Finally he rolled over to face the other way, yet still felt her back against his. In time in this new position he found the ability to fall asleep.

Farcry said:
In the morning he awoke early and very aware of the woman lying next to him. Gingerly he moved so that their bodies no longer touched and to make sure she would not come into contact or line of sight with his morning wood. "Ivy... are you awake? I would like to talk with you?"

Propping himself up he gazed at the young woman whose bruises were still evident but beginning to fade. "I need to admit that I find this awkward and is some cruel twist of fate. That I have been forced to meet you under these conditions." He spoke cryptically unsure how to speak of his feelings for her or if he even should. After all she had been assaulted just over a day ago and that it was that horrific act that made him see her as a woman for the first time and yet there is the relationship of Ivan that allowed him to feel comfortable with being forward with Ivy who he was now sharing a bed with.

She fell asleep with his arms draped around her. Her mind fell asleep fast, and within the safety of his arms Ivy felt safe. But Caval couldn't protect her from the things inside her head. The dreams did not come that night though, thankfully. As he moved away, she woke slightly, but then accepted that he didn't want to hold her through the night.

A slight smile grew on her face as he woke her the next morning. With a stretch and a tired, muted moan she finally opened her eyes. He was looking down at her from his sitting position, but without a simple 'morning' he began with the things on his mind. She was surprised to find that they were about her.

"I didn't realize it put you in such a position," her lips pursed together, it stung slightly. Rubbing her eyes, she pulled the covers off and got up from the bed. "I'm sorry this happened then," she said slowly as she bent to retrieve her pants from where she had left them the night before. She gathered her things faster, and left the room without another word.

Blinking at the sudden reaction of Ivy his jaw went limp. That wasn't what he meant at all! "Wha-... Wait..." Caval sighed as he got up to follow after her. Now not caring what state he was in, after all he was pretty well clothed. He couldn't believe the misstep he had taken and he had to make sure she understood what it was he was saying.

Throwing open the door to the bedroom he called after her, accidentally using that commanding tone he uses with soldiers all to often, "Wait. Listen to me and then judge." He paused and took a long blink and deep breath to calm himself so he wasn't just yelling at her like some random asshole which is how he felt right now. "I was not talking about this night, being here with you... Please, just wait and hear me out." Collecting his thoughts Caval finally continued, "I didn't want to meet you, the woman as we did. I wouldn't wish that on anyone..." Realizing he was stating just ridiculously obvious statements he muttered, "Not that anyone would." Then he tried to return with a clear tone of voice, "Please do not think poorly of me but I like you, m'lady and this past night I was most unsure of myself and whether I would remain true to you as a protector and not during my sleep end up acting like some barbarian... What I was trying to say is that the events that have happened for me to learn of your gender have put me in a bind since as I admit my feelings I then make myself a villain as well."

Why was it so easy for him to give speeches in front of the troops, to inspire confidence before battle and yet talking to this one woman was so impossible for him. Even when he tried to calm himself to say his words, choosing each carefully his message still came across ill conceived and poorly delivered. Caval's jaw set as he was now enraged at himself for not being able to protect Ivy from his own weakness and desires as a man.

His tone shut her down to anything he was saying. She was hurt and angry. Her eyes were alight with that anger, one hand on her cocked hip as he called for her, in his cammanding voice. Reminding her that she was under his command. He softened though as she stayed silent. She shuffled uncomfortably to the other foot and crossing her arms. She had yet to find the opportunity to pull her clothes on so she still stood in the long shirt before him.

With his last words, it was Ivy's turn to have her jaw drop. "Um. What?" she asked softly. "Your feelings don't make you a villian." She took a step closer to him, letting her belongings drop to the floor. "I don't equate you with the British. I never have," she extended her hand to his cheek, caressing it slightly. She gave him a light smile in hopes that it would help him forgive her for her misunderstanding.

Her heart sped up, hoping that she didn't mishear him again. And that by like he meant cared for rather than enjoyed being friends with. Was this what she had been aiming for all the times she had asked him to protect her, to help her from her horse, or to hold her through the night? Perhaps. It was possible. She was torn internally, what would they do if she was never allowed to fight in the open as herself? Would they have to hide forever? She didn't know if she could handle that.

The fire in her eyes, her hip thrust out, the anger she had would have been sexy in another context but here he knew that he was still floundering in his attempt to express himself. The she was still partially naked was a bit of a distraction as he spoke but he did his best to focus on her and not her state of undress.

Finally shutting up himself it was his turn to be surprised by her reaction. Again she felt comfortable enough to touch him without asking. He found reassurance that he was not on the same level as her captors despite having physical desires along with his social and romantic wishes for the young woman. It was in fact permission for him to speak more freely now, now that one aspect of rejection and revulsion had been removed from how Ivy might react to him. "Thank you. Yes, I have feelings for you which I am sure you think is foolish or odd for me to form so quickly but I have had time to come to terms with it. I was not rejecting you and if you would, I would enjoy sharing that bed with you so long as we are here in this town. Though, I understand if you would not wish to dishonor your name staying in the bed of an unmarried man." Caval was making sure to give her every out she might want to take because what he did not know was if she liked him or if she was simply accepting the affection of a man who was willing to protect her.

Yet with how she reacted at first, the strength and anger that she has displayed he doubted she would turn so weak when a man finally showed interest. He stood there looking at Ivy wondering more than anything what it was that she thought and felt about her commander who had now admitted enough to get one or both of them kicked out of the military.

Her faced flushed a pale pink as he continued to tell her of his feelings towards her. He attempted to give her a way to sidestep them though, making Ivy look at him dumbfoundedly. "I don't mind. I'd prefer it actually," she gave him a smile, stroked his cheek once more before she lowered her hand over his shoulder and to fit into the confinds of his sweetly.

She bit her lip, thinking, but it once again resulted in it beginning to bleed. Groaning for ruining the moment she used her other hand to press the top of the shirt to her lip. Blotting the blood she then looked back up at him with a giggle. "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that it's split." Then, she turned back to him, serious again. "I have feelings for you as well. I can't seem to get you off my mind," she paused, "Ever."

The smile crept back onto her lips, she couldn't really believe the circumstances that they had met and formed a bond. Or that he actually had feelings for her, it seemed unlikely even as he was staring her in the face. "So, do you want to restart this morning over?" she asked playfully as she pulled him back towards the bedroom. She let go as she climbed back into the bed, looking to him to do the same once she had crawled under the covers.

Caval was relieved that she not only was okay with his verbal advances, his admission of his feelings for her but that she felt similar to some extent or another about him. Lightly he rubbed his thumb against the wound on her lip, feeling bad that here he was stating his feelings to a woman so wounded. Then as she took off for the bedroom he smiled warmly, genuinely, beginning to no longer be filled with self doubt. That she wanted to restart the morning in bed caused him to raise an eyebrow. Perhaps she had been thinking of him quite a bit more than he had ever guessed.

As he followed after he could not help but enjoy fully for the first time how she looked in the over sized shirt. With a wry grin he accepted her offer and got into bed after her. This time he pulled himself closer to her than he had been last night, though he still made sure that his engorged manhood remained only in contact with his pants and nowhere near her body. Despite that aspect of modesty as he draped his arm over her this time the top of his thumb barely grazed the underside of her unbound bosom.

Caval took the offer of restarting the morning as a chance to restart his declaration, so once in position he leaned up, his mouth coming close to her ear, "Are you awake, lady Ivy. There is something I must tell you." His voice was low and husky, his warm breath brushing over the back of her ear and down her neck. "I find you very desirable, a very caring person, intelligent, a person I would like to spend my free time with. So if you would have me stay here in bed with me a bit longer." As he spoke his rough fingers spread out and curled upon her torso tugging the shirt back and forth as he felt her stomach underneath the cotton clothing.

His words tickled her ear, though they caught her attention more than earlier that morning. His touches and deep murmurs made her smile, though it was a smile of allure as she rotated to face him, pressing her forehead to his while looking into his eyes. "Do you really feel that way about me? I'm so glad you have admitted that to me, kind gentleman. As I have been admiring you for quite some time," she was playful, but what she said was true. Every word.

Her eyes flickered gently to his lips, but then to his eyes once again. Though she knew she wouldn't be rejected, she didn't want to initiate anything that would give him the wrong impression. She was still fragile despite her assurances to him, and though she trusted him, she wasn't sure to how far his self control extended when it came to more intimate things. Mostly, she worried about him being disappointed.

Her hand trailed his arm slowly, for more contact but it was nearly sensual, given the moment. Her fingertips moved along his muscles, somewhat trying to make him less tense as continued to look in his eyes.

His fingers trailed over her shirt as she turned around to face him, his eyes glinted with mischief and desire as he looked back into her own. Carefully he slipped and pressed his other arm under her body so he can hold her within his embrace. With a grin he answered her question, "I do, m'lady." He saw how she was looking at him and could tell that she desired more but was holding back due to recent events. Should he or would it be acceptable to make a move considering.

His fingers ran along, feeling her body, taking note of her musculature, and the hints of curves he could notice with his hands going over her back. Lightly he would pull her closer as he wondered how he should react, how far he should push given her situation. She had through being silent and her actions agreed to remain in bed with him but how far did that go, what more could it mean.

He considered asking her permission to kiss her but at some point he needed to just take the chance, risk her saying he'd gone to far. The move was telescoped as he looked at her lips a couple of times before leaning in, his forehead still against hers. At first he just brushed his lips over hers, a fleeting touch, a gentle nip at the end before he tilted his head more and leaning his body against hers covered her lips with a kiss wherein Caval was reserved at first but with each moment he allowed more of his passion to show through in his embrace.

Ivy loved his wandering hands, meandering across her body temptingly. His lips were the next to touch her, and at first she thought he was teasing, but he returned, nearly taking her breath away. She pulled gently on his bottom lip, letting her lips trail lightly along it. Her hand went to his face, holding it needingly. Their tongues swirled together and she tugged on him gently, rolling to her back slowly.

Her thoughts were jumbled, unsure of how she wanted this to go. Unsure of how he wanted it to end. Unsure of how far she could actually go. Pulling away a bit, she sat up for a moment, tugging him up aswell, then tugging on his shirt. She would work it over his head, whether he wanted her to or not. As soon as it was out of the way, she clung to him once again, her lips meeting his once again. Her nails ran lightly down his shoulders, pressing herself, somehow, closer into him.

It was desire that was fueling her actions, but she could only hold off the thoughts of the sexual encounter of the previous day for so long.

Being able to kiss her, hold her, entangle her in his arms made his heart speed up with desire. Tasting Ivy's tongue and the blood from her lip oddly both made him hungry to possess her and keep her close, the first out of physical want and the latter made him desire to protect her all the more. His fingers clung to her, digging at her back to pull her close against him.

When she sat up and broke the kiss his eyes looked into hers darkly. There was a little confusion though and shrugs of discomfort as Ivy roughly tugged and pulled his shirt off. As he lost his shirt he desired for her to lose hers as well but he couldn't bring himself to do that yet. Still as she continued to lean into him he put a hand up to feel her large firm breast as her chest pressed into his. In a slow but steady motion he used his strength and weight to push her back down onto her back.

With a moan he was in bliss kissing the young woman hungrily, feeling her body beneath him. This was in some ways more than what he had wished as he drifted off to sleep the day before. In the back of his mind he imagined he would eventually do something that would trigger a memory in her, but until then he was going to enjoy and explore her body with every tactile nerve at his disposal until he learned what action would cause her to react negatively. For now though he was cataloging which actions caused positive reactions as well.

His hand moved to her breast, pawing and squeezing through the thin cloth. And as he moved her below him her heart fluttered from the sudden movement and how well she enjoyed the move. Longing to have his skin against hers she reached to the hem of her shirt, pulling it over her head tossing it to the side.

His moan egged her on, to press further into the intamacy they were having. She wrapped her hands around the back of his neck somehow expecting to move closer to him. Suddenly, a man that Ivy didn't recognize opened the door, calling out for Caval, until he realized what he had just walked in on. She let out a squeal and moved to grab the blanket to cover herself as she moved behind Caval. She hoped the man wasn't anything but a soldier, but for the way he was dressed it seemed he was more important than that.

Stunned at the intrusion Caval quickly looked over his shoulder as he heard his name being called. However the confusion lasted long enough that the person barged all the way into the house to look into the bedroom. Quickly twisting around and standing up shirtless his scowl was cross but began to ease as he noticed who it was. "Wha-... Ah, uh..." Reaching behind him he tried to help Ivy cover up with the blanket.

Standing up fully he saluted before moving his hands cupped over the hard on that was quite evident under his pants. With a tight grimace he says, "Sir. Perhaps we could talk in the other room."

"You have two minutes to get yourself dressed. Then meet me outside. I'm not going to talk around your girl." Snapped back the well dressed officer with derision in his voice. His eyes looked over Ivy with cold distance and disgust before he spun on his heel and walked out of the house.

"Fuck." Muttered Caval as he turned around to tell Ivy, "I'm sorry. I've got to go, this is important." As he talked he grabbed his shirt and started pulling it on and trying to remember where he left his boots the night before. Soon even he was out of the bedroom, swearing and apologizing under his breath. He was still putting on his belt and scabbard when he moved to leave the house with a few seconds to spare before the two minute time limit was up.

She didn't understand what was going on. Not in the slightest. Ivy knew that he had people that he reported to, but she figured he was one of the top men here. How could that man demand so much of him so quickly, and with so few words? She knew she had been dismissed, the conversation deemed private, but she snuck from the back bedroom to the front door, avoiding the windows. She was wrapped in the large blanket of the bed, but she pressed her ear to the door in hopes of hearing something.

There were mumbles of words, but thats all she could understand, so she attempted to crack a window silently. Moments later she was successful and sunk to the wall below it, listening hard. She didn't know who this man was, but she didn't like the way his appearance had made Caval so tense. The other thing she didn't appreciate were his eyes, how they looked her over, judging her as a commoner in a mere second.

After sitting quietly for a few long minutes next to the door, it opened. Caval was there, looking distressed. He nearly tripped over the excess blanket that Ivy was not cocooned in. She would have giggled, but she was afraid of what transpired between the angry whispers. She rose quickly and moved into his arms, wrapping her thin ones around his waist. "Can you tell me anything?" she asked morosely.

The argument went back and forth, at times Caval was quiet while the other man's voice was raised. On occasion Caval would also raise his voice though this was always met with some hostility from the other man. It was clearly not a pleasant conversation but from the changes in tone it did seem that the discussion wandered around, altered by the whims of whatever new issues were arising. There was one moment where the voice of the other man was sharp and seemed to be threatening Caval.

Eventually though it ended and Caval took a moment to calm himself down before coming back in. He looked down, a bit defeated and very angry. As she approached he offered a tight grin trying to bolster both himself and her view of what just transpired outside. "Ah, it is nothing you want to hear." He spoke as he returned the hug appreciating the warmth, the normal human contact that he has missed. "But he... That was the brother of the Duke of this region. He... doesn't think I should be sleeping with one of my soldiers. Especially one that influences a commander into suggesting ridiculous ideas like having women serving in the military." He grimaced, hating that he had to tell her this. "This came after him ordering my unit, minus any soldiers I am sleeping with to lead the vanguard when we attack the British tomorrow."

He had failed her, himself, in every way his day had gone from brilliant to completely dreadful. This was officially crap and yet it was all mitigated by having Ivy in his arms.

Her chest hurt.

Her heart had sunken to a new low.

The news nearly broke her in two. "No," she murmured into his chest, tears forming in her eyes. She had just grown attached, and now he was on a mission, one where he could possibly be killed. Her head hurt now as well, trying to figure out how the man knew of her. Ivy wanted to curl up into a ball and pout, but she knew she only had a few tender moments left with him, so she held tighter.

After a silent minute, she looked into his eyes and stood on tiptoe to kiss him softly. Her eyes were bluer that usual, as her tears flowed freely when she broke the innocent kiss. "I understand, but I still want to tell you not to go. And then I'm not sure where I stand on the soldier facade, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do..." she trailed off, her mind working over the information. She wanted to march over to the duke's brother and tell him all she had been through, how she deserved to be a part of that group to go.

Wrapping the blanket tighter around herself, Ivy pulled away from the embrace. She was fully aware that they couldn't simply restart as they had earlier. This was a big change that couldn't be simply forgotten. She sulked slowly back to the bedroom, tossing the blanket on the bed and looking for clothes. She was unsure if to look for male or female ones, and the decision coupled with the news made her break down in sobs. She pushed herself to the wall beside the closet and cried, not caring if she was naked or not.
She wanted to be back in Caval's arms, and not just for the moment, or the day. She wanted him until she said she no longer did. This man didn't get to change that.

But he did.

How could he have done this to her. As soon as he confessed his feelings he has to turn around and tell her that they will be torn apart and he will be sent out to die. Caval felt like a maggot that eats the refuse. He truly was a horrible person.

Reaching out he brought his hands up to cup her cheeks to wipe away her tears, to comfort her. He did not want her to break the kiss, he needed it, needed her to remain close to him and thought she did as well but also knew he had brought her such pain. "I do not want to go but to protect you, to help your family I must." He told her quietly as he gazed into those impossibly blue eyes. How he wished he could will her pain away. Leaning in he kissed her cheek as he saw another tear roll down before she pulled away.

As she wrapped that blanket around her Caval felt her closing herself off from him. Slowly, quietly he plodded after her a little time after her. Seeing her naked, if only from behind and crumpled against the wall he moved up and wrapped his arms about her. Softly he tried to reassure and calm her but Caval wasn't sure if she even wanted him nearby now. His breathing was unsteady as he fought back his own anger and sadness. "Please, it will be okay. I will survive and I will make it back to you." He says quietly to Ivy believing his words because he had to, not just for himself but for her to. "Let's get you dressed and then we can both get to our jobs. Everything will be fine and I will talk to him after the battle is over. Please, trust me, I will make this right." He declared as he ran his hands over her arms as if trying to warm her up but it was all to comfort and reassure her.

Lightly he kissed the back of her head and then out of no where he inquires, "You used to have long hair? You cut it off to be here? To do this?"

Suddenly he was back to holding her, telling her all would be okay. Ivy wanted to believe him, but she knew what the British had to lose: nothing. His caresses and contact made her warm inside, but she knew that if he left she would once again cool. The coldness is not something of herself she missed. It was depressing and mean. The worst part of this whole ordeal was that he was doing it for her, she wasn't sure of the conditions but he had said it was for her family. That was not his burden but he took it anyways.

The thoughts swirled around in her head, like and ongoing tornado of confusion and sorrow. He wanted her to get dressed and go about her day, that was impossible. All she wanted was to lay with him and talk to him, tell him secrets and share her worries. But that was all shattered by the duke's brother. She didn't want to cause Caval any more trouble so she nodded and accepted the concequences of their actions, just as he asked her about her hair.

"Yes, I had hair down to about here," she showed him with her hand, a little longer than mid-way down her back. "It was tedious to brush and I'm glad some of its gone, but this is not enough hair." She tugged unhappily on her hair, she had no idea why he was asking of her hair, but she went along with it. Mostly for the change in subject.

But they had things to do, people to see. So she turned to looked at him, "Ivan or Ivy?" she asked honestly, with the question she was so exposed to anything he could say, so open. She hated to play her dead brother, but she knew the concequences of being herself. The internal conflict was unavoidable.

It didn't seem his question about her hair snapped her out of the anger and sadness she felt, which he couldn't imagine it succeeding though he had to try. Still he had to try, he needed for Ivy to no longer be upset.

Then she turned to him and his answer to her question of Ivan was lost to him. Her pale soft skin had been distracting him even while he had to deliver the news and all throughout this slap to their just forming relationship but having her stand before him naked in his arms, being able to see the curve of her neck meeting her collar, the dramatic swell of her breasts, the shape of her hips, Caval could not even remember the name of Ivy's dead brother, the soldier he'd trained for weeks. Yet as his eyes looked at her with admiration there was a sadness as well because he had offered so much, prepared himself for the feelings he has for the young woman and now it may be all for naught. At the very least he had given her hope before having it dashed away.

His arms moved around her, his hands touching, caressing her bare back. Looking into her eyes he said, "I... want you, Ivy." The answer was fueled by his personal desire and did not in fact answer the question of how she should present herself to the rest of the world. It was just an honest admission of his feelings and one he could not hide at this time. Internally he struggled between his obligation and his desire to lift up Ivy and take her back to bed and try to give them both some time of bliss and happiness before the foul truth of reality had to be faced.

Leaning down his lips pressed to hers, kissing her wanting to be with her. Then pulling back he felt worse, the ability to be so close to flirt with the possibility of a life with Ivy and to give her hope when he was being sent off to die, Caval wasn't sure what to do.

"You should be out there as Ivy. Others need to know that they live because a woman fought with them yesterday." And he needed every reminder of what he was fighting for, as Ivy now represented so many ideals and concepts for the military commander.

Her heart was heavy, confusion filled her her brain, and the other sections of her left were filled with desire. As he touched her though, those places grew. He was being kind, but she could see it within him as well. Though, it wasn't the time for it. His kiss didn't help her ability to resist, but when he pulled back, she felt it too. The rift that would have to come between them if she was going to be able to function when he left her.

To be able to function as her, not Ivan, required more strength than if she was Ivan. Ivy wasn't sure if she had it within her. She lingered quietly in his embrace, not wanting to interrupt his thoughts or his soothing touch. But she knew that when he left, he would also take the protection of his arms away, causing her to latch tighter to him.

Then as he answered her question, she didn't think she heard him right. His reasoning was logical, but she feared the other men though as the small woman she was. She was strong but she knew she was no match for the men of camp. She listened to him though, taking his advice. If she wanted to be herself, she had to show what she was.

She held his hand as she pulled from his arms, looking for clothes to wear. She had never been a dress and corset sort of girl, but that seemed to be all she could find. With a slight huff, she pulled the corset out, a thin top to go over it, and some tighter pants than what she had to be Ivan.

After their struggles to get the corset on her, tightening it past Caval's comfort zone, she pulled the sheer shirt to over lay it. Then, she pulled on the pants which clung to her legs nicely, stopping at her knees. The corset set off her eyes with a rich brown color and the dark blue pants were a good find for the time being.

Giving a half hearted twirl for Caval, she leaned in to kiss him. They had one last day together, spent apart, then one last night. She wanted to make every minute of it happy, so Caval would want to return. If he could. Because of that, she didn't express her worry of the other men to him. She was just going to take it in stride as her armor would still fit over her corset and she could move freely despite that it looked like she couldn't. She could do everything she could before, she was no different, with exception to her name and dress.

Caval could see the struggle but could not know its contents as Ivy was held in his arms. He knew the pain, suffering he felt which was counter balanced by the desire and growing feelings for her safety and happiness. His heart ached and he found himself swallowing more often than usual unsure what to say or how to act. His eyes looked to her wishing she could just hear what was in his head and his heart and know how sorry he was for bringing such sorrow.

He appreciated her holding his hand. That simple act, such a banal way of showing affection meant the world to him. She was not rejecting him but wanting him to be part of what she was doing, part of her life. Scanning the room he tried to help her find other clothing as he figured out what she was up to.

When what was produced was a corset, other finery and a pair of tight pants he raised an eyebrow. He'd of course noticed such clothing on other women and admired it. Never seen it with a pair of pants but who was he to talk of women's clothing or comment on what was available in a house that was clearly hastily vacated. Ivy's face made it clear she would prefer something else so he tried to set her mind at ease, "I am sure you will look wonderful in this..." He stopped himself from commenting about how she looked right now, naked as she was. It was only out of his own heart ache and respect for hers and what has transpired the day before that he didn't make any attempt to take advantage of her bare body.

It was definitely some work to put a corset on and whenever it would become annoying he would then notice her cleavage being pushed up and together and any complaint would immediately leave him. Still it seemed odd to tightening these garments so much. The sheer shirt was an amazing compliment to the outfit but it was her bending over to put on the pants that he finally had to turn his back to not only give her some privacy but to keep his own desires under control.

When she showed off he answered her small kiss with one filled with hunger for her. His hands seized her body, grasping her hips and waist and pulling her close. Caval would not let the young woman get away. He needed for her to know how much he wanted her, that she was important to him. Tasting the blood from her split lip he realized that he had been too rough in his kiss and finally broke it off, rocking his chin down so his forehead was resting against hers. "You look amazing." Then he smiled at his lustful admission, the first time he'd actually allowed himself to be open about his physical attraction.

"I do not march until tomorrow. So we will have tonight together." He paused before adding about what was to transpire today, "You can train with us today. That is still my decision." Though knowing she would be dressed like this he may end training exercises early. Actually such was common place when battle was to come the next day.

The reaction she received from him made the fact that she couldn't always breathe correctly bareable. His kiss portrayed it deeper though, more carnal, but she reciprocated. Transitioning from hiding her desire to showing it wasn't hard for her at the moment. But as her lip split she felt him tug away. With a grimace she accepted the disconnect.

His words made her smile return though, his forehead pressed to hers like earlier that morning. "Thank you," her cheeks became pink, suddenly bashful with his compliments. Then, the thoughts of training arose once again and she groaned, though she knew it was coming.

Training began a whole new bag of emotions but she simply told herself she could do it. She may expose herself a time or two, but with a chuckle she didn't think anyone would mind. With one last kiss, she pressed herself on to him, letting him know what she felt. She ran her fingers through his hair, curling them in to his locks as she pressed her hips into his and gyrated slowly. Then, as he had broken the kiss earlier, so did she. And after a quick glance at him, she walked from the room to retrieve her sword.

She wasn't sure if she had done that from desire or lack of self confidence, but either way she was almost beaming with strength for her coming test of endurance for disgused looks and lude glances. Once she had situated the sheath on her hip she turned back to Caval, waiting for him so she could exit the house beside him. Whether that was a good idea or not, she was unsure.

With a grin and a carefree chuckle Caval said, "Blushing young woman suits you." It did, in fact it made his desire to possess her ever stronger. Yet he saw how mentioning brought low her attitude so he was shocked when she decided to turn her mood around with the kiss and grinding her hips against his. His base male lust was evident in that motion as he pressed his hips and erection back against her.

He had never gotten around to cutting his hair, normally a pre-battle ritual but since the first battle was a sneak attack he hadn't yet gotten the chance. He'd get to it before battle tomorrow but for now his hair hung down just past his shoulders, thick and wavy. A little messy he hadn't bathed since the army arrived two days ago, not that daily bathing was common.

As Ivy finished gathering her things Caval did much the same, getting himself a bit more presentable than he was when called out for the impromptu meeting. Securing his scabbard he noticed that Ivy was waiting for him. The idea of having her waiting for him, of her being the woman who needed and wanted him each day warmed his heart despite the death sentence mission he had been given and all of the other issues that had rained down on them in the past few days.

Stepping up next to her Caval gazed at her with admiration and as he said, "So, ready for today?" Outside of her line of sight he swung his left hand around and smacked her soundly on her rump. He didn't let his hand rebound off those tight pants but instead then gripped her rear as he kept his eyes on hers. "Come on, you'll be late for training, and your commander hates it when people are late." As he teased her he opened the door and letting go of her stepped outside and quickly fell into the quick pace making his way to the training grounds.

Today he was grueling on the soldiers. If any of them were going to comment about a woman in their midst it would be between panting breath from the relentless exercise. Caval didn't address it at first that Ivan was Ivy. Right now they simply needed to prepare themselves for tomorrow, for the battle that faced them. When he did address the subject he was harsh as he had been all day. "You may have noticed that Ivan is not Ivan today. She was a woman back home, like a woman we have all known. Loyal to her family, to France. Her family has suffered as all of ours have. So when the recruiter came and offered food for her family and there was no male in her family as all had died during the plague she took her brothers clothes, cut her hair and came here to fight with us. She fights for the same reason, with the same conviction we all do. She has proved her desire to fight, to protect the king, to protect her brothers, you, by killing many an Englishman when they cowardly attacked the other night. So if any of you think you are better than this woman then step forward and tell all of us why you are here. Why you are more deserving. Otherwise we train as brothers today and tomorrow... due to those nobles who give us orders she will not be allowed to fight. They will not let the British see how brave our women are. That our women can kill an Englishman as well as our men."

He allowed his proclamation stay in the air. "If there is nothing else, pair up and spar for another half hour then we break for lunch."

With a slight jump, she eyed him carefully once he had grabbed her rump. With a shake of her head and a sly grin she walked after him to the training field. "Do you think he does? I thought her was quite kind, but still rugged..." she commented lightly as they arrived.

The men were waiting when they arrived. Ivy felt all the eyes on her, but she decided that it was only due to her overflowing bosom. As the training began their soldiers were sufficiently distracted with the hard work out that Caval put them through. The groans were heard after the first hour, but Ivy never let a word or whine out of her mouth.

Once he gave his speech the blush rose back up into her cheeks, added to the redness of her face and neck from the training. At first they seemed to avoid partnering with her, but Paul lumbered over with a laugh. "You still can't beat me," he said, scratching his neck absently. Ivy's smile returned and they began. She wasn't sure if Paul let her win but, she did with her sword held straight towards his chest as he laid on the ground heaving.

She didn't say a word about it, just offering him a hand up. Lunch commenced a few minutes later, Ivy was content with eating among them, but she wasn't sure how Caval felt about it. She suspected he might think it was good for her, but it was unsure. More eyes were on her as she got her food, a few whispers, and even a long whistle.

She looked back to Caval, worrying about his reaction, especially because it seemed to have come from Gerard. She sucked on her lip softly, hoping for the best, and that Caval would ignore it. She sat and awaited for him to sit next to her. Paul was already across from her, and it seemed he was ready for the tension to break into a fight. She put a hand on her brow, looking away and into her plate.

The Duke's brother walked past, eyeing Ivy closely. Once he had turned and walked out of sight, she got up and moved to follow him. She deserved to be with Caval, death mission or not.

Back
Top Bottom