Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Prince of the Forest (Pauper45/butterfly0408)

butterfly0408

Singularity
By the light of day, the woods seemed like nothing out of the ordinary. Mortals traveled right though it and never thought there was anything special about it, but most dare not travel through at night. That was when it truly came alive with the spirits of the night. Creatures of mischief and mayhem as well as beautiful beings of temptation and seduction. Fairies, demons, nymphs, everything and anything the imagination could create wandered those woods at night.

In the heart of this secret world, reigned the King and Queen of the Forest. It was a law of of the nature around them that they were to reign only until their eldest son was a century old. Then it was his turn. But to ascend to the throne, first he had to find himself a bride to sit at his side.

The forest was all atwitter about how the prince was to begin his search for a bride. No one knew who he would pursue, but many a fairy, pixie, sprite, and even the nymphs hoped it would be them. No matter who was the prince's choice, he had a challenge ahead of him.

The Prince of the Forest was lazing about his room, languishing in the various foods and trinkets in his room about him that only the most royal were allowed to have. Being surrounded by such beauty and wealth, many would think that The Prince was the happiest person around, and certainly in many ways he was: his parents selflessly loved and educated him, his kingdom looked upon him with awe, and despite his selfish and somewhat petty manner, The Prince was even looking forward to soon inheriting the throne.

It was this marriage that was putting him into this... malaise... Yes The Prince understood that taking a queen was important, as having a female advisor gave a ruler the full spectrum of views and wisdom, but he didn't understand having to be tied down. Yes he would be able to have mistresses, most likely, but to have to call one creature his own and to have them own a part of him? That sounded so... unnecessarily tiresome.

The Prince could have the pick of anyone he wanted, fairy, sprite, even a nymph if he was feeling particularly rebellious, but the part that The Prince loved about having all these beauties at his beck and call, eager to worship and pleasure him, was the variety. He could have any and all of them at any moment, practically at the snap of his fingers. Women just threw themselves at him and The Prince liked it that way, but having to bring one of them to his level? To share his throne?

The Prince sighed sadly before leaving his room, deciding to walk among some of the darker parts of the Forest, seeking a possible distraction to his melancholy.

As the prince made his way through the wood, a few of the more anxious maidens met him along the way. They would each bat their eyes playfully in his direction, give a little giggle, and wave their dainty little fingers in his direction. It was not until the final rays of the sun's light feel behind the distant mountains that the woods truly became full of life.

Fairies danced up in the leaves of the trees while the sprite skipped like stones across the surface of the water on the river. This also meant there was more lovely flowers for the prince to look through.

Their seemed to be a stream that was leading him right into the darkest parts of the wood that he seeked. Along the path of it, all scattered here and there were nymphs, come to bath in the clear waters. They too greeted the prince warmly, with looks of suggestion and temptation as he went on his way. Some would say that nymphs were the most attractive of all the creatures of the wood. And if that was so, then one nymph in particular had to be the loveliest creature in the wood. Period.

Her name was Naida and in her whole existence, she had been spotted by mortals only three times. The first mortal described her as having skin the that shimmered just like the purest water. A crystal clear color that seemed to shimmer sparkles of blue in the moonlight that would make the sparkling stars above jealous of her. The second mortal told his friends her body was in a word a 'perfect' sight to see. Her legs long and luscious, curves to make a man drool, and breasts perfectly round. Not small in size, yet not overly large to be a burden. The third mortal simply described her as a goddess. All three men's descriptions did not even do Nadia true justice.

This goddess was the only creature that crossed the prince's path whom did not greet him with flirtation. In fact, she didn't even seem to notice him. She sat herself upon a cool, flat rock near the streams edge, her legs dipped in the water, she used her finger to brush out her long hair. It was a perfect mix of lavender with highlights of blue that complimented the sparkle of her skin perfectly. She wore just a little as the other nymphs. A few pieces of the forest fashioned together for just the basic of coverage. Some leaves, a few flowers, leaving very little to the imagination. And yet... just enough to make any man want to know what else there was.

The Prince came upon a gathering of nymphs, creatures that he had always come to respect for their power within the forest. Though sprites and fairies were beings of power and order within the Forest, the nymph embodied the nature, the actual growth and spirit of the forest itself in a physical form. This in some ways made them the most wild, the most unconstrained, and the most beautiful. Often times when The Prince wanted to feel overwhelmed in this realm that seemed to bend to his every whim, he would take nymph to his bed, as they seemed the only creatures who could surprise him, and show him parts of the kingdom that he never found before.

Approaching a few of the nymphs, The Prince bowed before lowering himself to them, allowing them to brush and rub against him, basking him in the waters of the area, bathing him almost in their essence itself. The came to him with a wave of his hand, but they were feisty, capable of initiative, and flirtatious. They were the creatures who would boldly reach for him, in desperate desire like all creatures of the forest, but not awe at him. With them, The Prince was sometimes even forced to impose his order. Both in the divine and the playful....

One nymph however seemed unmoved by The Prince's movements, and though he had noticed her before, he was surprised at to her lack of notice to him. Yes, The Prince was used to constant adulations and attention his whole life, being one of the most powerful creatures in the wood, not just due to status but because of pure magical capability, so he was used to the attentions of all. When it became time for him to take a wife however, he had not been to above himself to take advantage and bask in the female attentions it afforded him. Now he was getting more attention and love then ever, except by her. Even now, with the possibility of a throne at stake, this one nymph still would not unveil herself before him. Before, it was strange, but now it was practically baffling. Insulting even.

"Who is that?" The Prince asked a nymph who seemed to have taken it upon herself to bathe his chest and stomach, while her twin took to rubbing his shoulders.

The little nymph's focus was only upon him while she rubbed her talented little hands over his fine body. When he spoke of someone else, it took a moment for that strong focus to be broken. With a little shake of her head and a few blinks of her eyes, she turned her attention towards the person he asked about, the nymph's hands still ideally rubbing over him as she looked.

When at last the little nymph spotted who it was that the prince asked about, she sighed heavily, "Oh... that? She is Naida, my prince. A troublesome little nymph. She does not think nor act like the rest of us. She's.... well.... different." She said it as if it were a bad thing, which in truth many of the mindless little fey of the wood thought as well. Individuality was not something that all the creatures of the wood cared for. But for Naida, it was more then that. It was something that she treasured. Being herself and being independent.

"You will not find her warm, nor welcoming my lord prince," the nymph's twin that still worked at massaging his strong shoulders with great diligence.

The Prince stared and wondered for a moment, noting the nymph's great beauty. It was shocking and bright in comparison to some of the other nymphs. While there's was seductive and bright, drawing the eye and attracting the heart, hers was a beauty more like...a gem. The longer he stared, the more transfixed he was and the more he wanted to understand it. Most of all, The Prince wanted to know why she did not come to him, seeking his approval and attentions? Did she not know who he was? Her lack of attention was giving him a bad taste in his mouth.

"Of course, she could never take any place in my heart, if that's what you worry about," The Prince said to the nymph as he ran his hand down her face and neck, before brushing against a breast suggestively and then pulling back. "Still, I think I would like to have her company here. Fetch her for me will you my dear?"

The Prince stared at this mysterious nymph again, wondering what she could be like, and what was it that kept her away from him...

The little nymph was so enraptured by him, especially as he gave her the slightly suggestive sexual hint that there could be some kind of more in depth encounter between them at some point, she slipping into the water at once to go do the Prince's bidding. "As you wish my lord prince. I shall bring Naida to you at once." The nymph seemed to melt into the water as she moved through it across the distance between where the prince lounged and where Naida sit upon her rock still. From a distance, the prince could see as his little devoted follower rose from the water at Naida's side. A small conversation was exchanged between them, though their words not loud enough to be heard at such a distance. Naida looked in his direction a moment, not gracing him with any kind of warm glance of a smile, but with an almost cold look of indifference. She spoke something to the other nymph while shaking her head, but when the little nymph tugged upon Naida's arm, at last the beauty slipped into the water and together they crossed the water to return to the prince.

His little fetching girl took up her place once again before him, her hands rubbing up his legs and to his chest once more while Naida rose to stand in the water before him. "Ziam says that you wish to see me my lord prince?" Well that proved that she did indeed know who he was, but even up close now, she still did not fawn over him or even really pay him much special attention at all. In fact, she looked like he had bothered her by summoning her away from her favorite lounging spot at this part of the river.

The Prince raised an eyebrow at this muse's attitude toward him; it was a surprise to him entirely. In the past, The Prince had experienced worship and happiness at the sight of him, and even anger of betrayal when one of his lovers found out that he wasn't going to fulfill the promises he had made to them. This though? This was... something completely different. This was an indifference that implied the girl had little to no reason to even react to him. Like he was some unimportant being that forced itself upon her, and she would be the same whether or not he left alone or not. She acted as if he didn't matter.

Still, despite this, The Prince tried to recollect himself. He would show this nymph how important and powerful he was. Gathering together a tiny modicum of his power, The Prince made some branches grow from the ground and gather the two nymphs together, allowing them to languish and grow under his magic as they tended to him. It was something like binding or gripping onto their souls themselves; pleasurable and forceful at the same time. The Prince also rose the water beneath Nadia so she could face him at a higher level, though not quite at eye level (she had not yet deserved it) to show even more of his power.

"Yes, I have been told that your name is Naida? Is that correct? And if so, tell me more about yourself. Why do I not know more? Surely I deserve to know," The Prince asked with his most regal and important smile, enhanced even by his own magics once more, in such a way that previous nymphs had thrown themselves at him before by just glimpsing him.

The prince's pretty little, yet somewhat dim, attendants were so captivated by the gleaming glory that was him. As he worked his magic upon the nature around them, they giggled and bent to the will of the branches, rubbing a little against them even as they wrapping around their limbs. While Naida on the other hand, seemed unmoved by his powers to command the water around her. It was not impressive to her in the least for it was a skill that a water nymph such as her could do in her sleep. Casually, Naida make a little seat for herself from the water, resting comfortable among it, her body seeming to melt at points right into the waves to the point where it was hard to tell were the water ended and she began. The water was her element. It was where she was at home.

"Indeed. I am named Naida, lord prince," she did not call him 'my' lord prince as mostly ever other mindless little fluttering floozy did. "That is correct. As for telling you more about myself... what is it you would like to know? Your question was rather vague, if I must say so." By now, any other woman asked the same questions would be rambling off a long list of all her finest of qualities. Many of which would be the same from one to the next. But Naida only turned the tables upon him and asked him questions back. "And you ask why you do not know already... could it be because you have never taken the time to ask before? There have been plenty of opportunities to ask in the past though in all the times you were ever within my vicinity before, you were always to busy enjoying yourself with girls like Ziam and her sister. I think the real question here is, what makes today different from ever other day that you feel the need to ask me about myself now?"

The Prince was impressed by Naida's manipulation of water; it was very dexterous and flexible while at the same time being commanding and regal. Almost like royalty. Every fae in the wood had some sort of talent or ability, only The Prince had the abilities of control over the wood itself, and many magics out of reach for other creatures, so he too could manipulate water, probably in more complicated and powerful showings too, but never had he seen a so... seamless manipulation. Naida's power was like water itself, still yet powerfully moving, a constant of nature through it's trickle and slow beat. It was.... impressive. Impressive enough to earn a smile from The Prince. A true, non-manipulative, smile of entertainment and joy.

This smile quickly vanished however when Naida followed this magic up with some ridiculous line of questioning. She assumed his actions and motivations were somehow foolhardy or worse, dumb. The way she spoke to him wasn't with deep reverence or even honor... it didn't seem like she even respected him! Her touts of lord prince and her carefully constructed words were done with such distaste, she made it obvious that she did not truly believe her words. Everything about her screamed disrespect and anger, and that served to only make The Prince all the more annoyed at her!

"There is nothing to-" The Prince started in an angered and annoyed tone, but he held himself back and continued in a much more controlled and regal manner. "There is no demonic intentions in my questioning or my presence fair nymph. I simply inquire as I wish to know all creatures in the wood, I will soon inherit. Along with that, I wished to know the nymph who shimmered with such incandescent beauty as I thought she might want to know me as well I wished to know her. Furthermore, perhaps I have not asked of you before because I have not noticed you before, and you should not assume that I even knew of your possible existence before this moment."

The Prince spoke in a tart and polite manner, but he was done with trying to court this nymph, her attitude was clearly too unpleasant to be dealt with.

It was strange. As the prince started, his tone clearly filled with anger, even though that hint of range was not directed in any way towards them, the two little nymph's entwined up in his magical branches shuttered in a moment of fear. But Naida did not even flinch. In fact, her lips actually curled into a charming little smile.

"Lord Prince, have you not known for a hundred years that one day the wood would become yours to rule? Why, now that the moment is but a breath away from falling upon you do suddenly wish to of the creatures you are to rule? Why not seek strangers out in the 99 years before?" She tilted her head a little, her tone very light and conversational. This talk had become somewhat enjoyable to her, even if it was not to him. " And why should my beauty make me want to know you?" A pleasant light laugh tumbled from her lips then before she went on. It was like the sound of light music, "I don't see how being a beauty means I would want to see out new people. Usually it makes new people want to seek out me."

The Prince was almost at the point of outrage at the way this nymph was speaking. Now he understood why she had such an attitude: she thought herself better than him! True, her beauty was unique and rare, but so was the one rock, untwisted by the stream. It wasn't special or extraordinary, it was just different, and yet she seemed to think that she was entitled to some sort of better treatment. Even now, she was teasing him, trying to get him to admit that he had found her attractive and considered her for possible courtship as his future queen. Though there was some truth to that deep down, he would never admit it now! He had wanted to engage this nymph that found it so pleasurable to be alone, but now he would give her exactly that! Solitude!

"My apologies silly little nymph," The Prince said in his most infantilizing and playfully insulting voice. "I thought that a nymph such as yourself, all alone with no one to play with, would want to receive my pities by joining my company, maybe come in good favor with her future ruler, but now I understand that you do not wish to receive my charities and are clearly too proud to ask for help. No more will I engage you little girl. Run along now."

The Prince dispersed the magic upon the water, dropping Naida into water unapologetically, then turned away from her to dote on the twins again, and though he did this all with a smile and a gentle demeanor, the branches that he had conjured vibrated angrily. His two little nymphs noticed this, but he soon pretended it was a game and shook harder, causing the twins to gasp and laugh as The Prince tried to make a merry show of looking like he was having more fun and revelry than Naida could ever hope to experience without him.

This rage directed towards her just kept on amusing her rather then place her in a submissive fear of him. It would likely only enrage him further, that his attempt to make and embarrassing show how his dismissal of her interest turned into a lovely show. As the water crumpled under her, rather then make her drop with a splash, her body seemed to fall with the water, flowing with it until it became once with the stream once again, where she body seemed to gracefully melt into it as she slipped a few moments under the water before she rose up again from out of it. She seemed to materialize right from the water itself. Her lips still held a smile upon them when the should be frowning in hurt or embarrassment. She certainly was an odd one.

She floated at the surface at the water, speaking even though he was attempting to show disinterest in her at that moment. "If I had wanted company, I would know how to request it. If I had wanted charity, I would know how to ask for it. But I did not need nor want either of those at the time. Dear lord prince, I do believe it was you that wanted me, even though I did not want you. Especially in the ways that every other mindless pixie and dizzy fae wants you now. Good eve to you, my lord prince." With her parting words, Naida slipped into the water again an became one with it, flowing away from the spot with it to points unknown along the river.

Somehow, though he had dismissed her, as she spoke and left him, The Prince didn't feel like he had won whatever little struggle they had just had with each other. Feeling annoyed and defeated, The Prince shooed the two nymphs away from, ignoring their protestations and promises until they were well away, and sat their upon his makeshift throne for a moment, thinking of strategy. He knew that if he went over there, it would give her more power if he couldn't walk away with his head held high, but at the same time, leaving things here... he just couldn't stand for it.

Turning around and making his summoned throne turn into a pile of flower petals, he then created a gust of wind and blew it toward the water, make them create a pathway for him to gracefully walk across until he was facing Naida, looking as proud and strong as he thought he could look.

"Excuse me nymph, but I think you overestimate your beauty. You seem to think that I only came to you because I wanted to consider you as a possible candidate for my queen, and you may have been right, but you should know that with such an attitude you will never exceed the beauty that is skin-deep," The Prince explained in his most poisonous tone, trying to create a reaction from the haughty little nymph.

Naida leaned back upon the rock she had materialized upon once more, her bare feet within the water as the little fishes in the stream nipped at her toes. When the prince abandoned what was clearly offered sexual favors from the twins, it intreged her that he would walk away from such a situation and pursue talking with her instead. She smiled as he spoke to her of beauty. "In all honestly, it never once crossed my mind that you might think of me as a possibility for your queen."

She laughed lightly once more, still sounding like music as she did it, "No one in the wood in their right mind would ever think of me as a good choice for a bride. I am far to disagreeable and independent for most the males of this wood's liking. They can't seem to take to the idea I might speak for myself or have my own thoughts. It has come to the point now where not a single man speaks with me unless he has one idea on his mind about me and I warn you now my lord prince... I do not part my thighs as freely as most my sister nymphs do. And I certainly do not do it because one is higher then me."

She sits up, not looking so much amused anymore. Her own conversation reminding her of to many that have only spoke to her because they thought her such a beauty that they wanted nothing but sex with her. "And you are one to speak of beauty that is but skin deep. Would you have been looked my way twice let alone spoken to me if I were not the way I appear before you now?"

The Prince was affronted by this nymph's behavior toward him, yet at the same time he did feel he understood her a little better. It was true that she was unique to any other nymph, her countenance, her speech, everything about her said a story of solitude and difference from the rest of her fellow nymphs. What loneliness was she forced to experience? At the same time, she saw herself as being a little higher than her sisters, and decreed herself as something better because she was not as open to sexual copulation. There may have been some honor in that, but she accused The Prince of being... unsavory! Taking advantage.

True things these were... She seemed to have a very uncanny ability to say truths about himself that he didn't like to say out loud. This was an annoying quality really.

"It may be true that I was attracted to your more physical qualities, and I cannot deny that you are a quite fair nymph, but more than that I wondered why you did not frolic with your sister nymphs. At the time, it was simply because all attention was upon me, and your lack of attention was strange and insulting, but now I think back and wonder... you looked so alone. All the others, maybe they were worshiping me, but at least they were together. You sat here all by yourself, and I wonder if you are fine with things like that," The Prince raised conspiratorially, bringing himself closer to Naida to look her in the eye.

If his words affected her in anyway, her eyes did not betray her of any sign of emotion. They still held the very same somewhat defiant yet amused look that had been there almost all along. "Oh, I very often will frolic among my fellow sisters, but only when their minds are not clouded but the idea of become you queen." She actually leans in close, lowering her voice, "Look around you my prince. Every eye in the spring, nay in this whole wood is upon you now, but the only reason the attentions, even from those that would only in past bid you welcome with the slightly nod of their head in a sign of respect."

In fact, if the prince took a moment to glance around the spring, she was right. Every pair of eyes were upon him and every pair of eyes just seemed to be waiting for him. Ready to step forth and shower him with attention. "The only reason you are being blessed with such attention is because they each think that there could be some chance that you find their favors sweet enough to become your queen. They seek you out to become your bride. I seek my solitude, because I don't seek the same thing they all to. I seek only to keep my freedom. Thought it seems my plans to avoid you attention by not giving you any has somehow failed me. I suppose I should have foreseen that I would have blended in better flitting about you like the rest then avoiding you all together."

The Prince looked around at what Naida was indicating, the various nymphs staring at him in wonder with flirtatious looks and winking promises, and for a moment he didn't see a problem, until he realized that this was exactly what she was talking about. This proved her point. The adulation that he was receiving was purely based on women seeking the throne. Even though The Prince largely knew this, and realized it, but to have that fact shoved in his face was grossly unpleasant. The Prince gave a sigh of boredom before turning to Naida, giving her a sad look.

"I am aware that they are only after the throne, and I suppose I take advantage of that. Still, there's nothing wrong with me reaping the benefits of my situation. After all, I seek the same thing that you do fair nymph: solitude," The Prince explained, sitting next to the nymph and drawing up some branches to cover them from view of all the other nymphs, that he suddenly didn't want to look at.

"You see, I don't really want to marry. I want to take my throne and I am ready for my responsibilities, but I must take a wife. So in my malaise, all these nymphs and fairies and other creatures of the wood seek me out and... their attentions help me forget my responsibilities," The Prince said with a sigh.

She seemed to start letting down the high walls she had placed up around herself as he gave them the slight privacy from the prying eyes of the other nymphs. He was talking to her much calmer then when he first bid her to come before him and tell him about herself. She did not appreciate being spoken down to, even if she was below him in station. And she certainly did not enjoy being pushed around or commanded. Having the prince agree to what she had said as well as start to talk to her almost like she was a confident or an equal, it made her smile and feel at ease.

"And you cannot take the thrown without a queen. The law of the wood, even if it may be a silly law. Tradition, no?" She leaned back to lounge upon the rock beside him, "But rather then sulk in the pleasures these little fae offer so freely, you must spend your time looking beyond the way they bat their eyes or rub their breasts against you."

She shook her head a little, "You must decide. You must marry so what do you want in a queen." She held up one hand a meek mild mouse that will stay out of your way to let you be, even if that means sleeping around behind her back, or perhaps right in front of her." She held up her other hand, "Or a girl that will be your queen and sit much as your equal as your mother sits now as your father's equal."

The Prince thought about Naida's metaphor, the truth of it was very strong and obvious to him, but he didn't think it could be as simple as all that. After all, a mouse was simple enough, but could it really encapsulate the complications and careful decisions of a thinking fae, let alone an entire kingdom of them? Plus, what was wrong if he wanted a meek mouse to sleep around on? Didn't he deserve it? The entire civilization and kingdom dependent on him, such a responsibility, and shouldn't he be allowed to enjoy every taste of flesh that he wanted? The idea that Naida was trying to bring across to The Prince just didn't click.

"I think I understand... but those breasts that you so disdainfully refer to are just so... tantalizing," The Prince wondered aloud to Naida, thinking to himself carefully of all the different fae he'd been allowed to taste in the past few months until his upcoming nuptials. "Besides, it doesn't matter who I pick. No matter what, I am the bloodline, and therefore the true heir to this kingdom, and my chosen wife's only real responsibility would be to bear children for the fiefdom. So I should pick someone who will be easy to bend, fun to bend over, and even easier to ignore, right?"

The Prince nodded to himself as he figured this out, smiling as he seemed to come upon an answer. "Or better yet, somehow who simply wants to be left alone... How about you, Naida? Though you would marry me, I can promise you freedom to do whatever you want, maybe even more than you could before with the kingdom behind you, and all you would have to do is bear me a child."

Naida's expression slowly morphed the longer that the prince went on talking about how he viewed what he expected of the "lucky" woman that would become his queen. What had she been thinking for a short time there? The prince did not think her anything remotely close to an equal to her. No woman would ever be an equal in his eyes. It was clear to her which of the two options she had places before him he favored. It disgusted her.

"That is truly how you feel?" She asked shaking her head as she sat up. Raising up her hands, she pushed the branches he had formed around them as she slipped back into the water, turning to face him once she stood in it up to her waist. "If that is what you truly seek in bride then it seems you are looking in all the right places," she holds up her hands to indicate to all the many nymphs around the water who's attention was still upon them. "Anyone of them I am sure will gladly fulfill the responsibility of bearing you a child. I'm sure anyone of them will gladly bend and as you say bend OVER for you in between the long periods of ignoring that she even exists."

She lightly shook her head, "But that will never be me. I treasure my freedom, yes, but freedom would not be marriage to you. It would be like being a slave. To sit and wait to a summons to lay on a bed with my legs spread so you may beget yourself an heir, then to be left alone and forgotten once a son pops from my wound." She was raging now really, needing to take a deep breath to control herself from flat out yelling at him. "I will only marry a man if he promises me a partnership, not a veiled slavery." With that, she unleashed her true powers with her waters. She melted. Literally. Her whole body seemed to turn into water and dropped into the stream. She became part of the water, using it to make a grand exit, flowing with the water to places unknown. She could be traveling up the stream or down. Anywhere as long as it was away from here with the prince spouted off his nonsense.

The Prince frowned as Naida called what he thought was a fair compromise of wants and desires between two people as some sort of "slavery." If anything, he was giving someone who would mean little to nothing, a large role within this vast kingdom, and disallowing someone with independence and capability to be forced into such a role. It was a good thing really. Still, she didn't seem to agree, and with a huff disappeared into the waters, the very element that meant herself and being. As he glanced around though at the skimpily clad and beautiful nymphs that waved and winked at him, even gesturing that he come join them, The Prince didn't see any problem with the decision he'd made.

"What does she know? Nothing. I have lived under the rule of my mother and father just as any other fae, only now I am being forced to share what is rightfully mine, so what if I want to keep it for myself? The gifts that I could bestow upon one who allows me to keep said kingdom would be grand and great. Clearly she is naive in the ways of the world and could never be a fitting queen," The Prince announced to himself before he rose from the waters and began to walk away, though not toward the nymphs who beckoned him so, but instead away, back to his own quarters.

Though The Prince smiled and acted as if he was unfeathered by what Naida said, there was a small part of him that understood. His parents were loving, and happy, and were pillars of strength for each other, and didn't that make them effective rulers? To be equals? But The Prince scoffed at that idea. He had always been alone, and was best when he had nothing holding him back, and this marriage pact that was forced upon him was simply more proof of that. The Prince was different. The Prince was alone and that was all he needed.

And the flowers that normally grew in step with The Prince's gait grew as normal, but instead of staying, quickly wilted into piles of weeds. His mood was affected, no matter what he may of thought.

A ways down the stream, secluded and hidden away amongst the trees, the water veered off to form a small spring, sheltered by the trees. It was a favorite hideaway for Naida that she would often escape to when she didn't want the world to find her. It was where she tended to hide after the many times she had been casually or coldly propositioned for sexual favors by one arrogant male or another. True, the prince had not given her a real one, but still she felt like it.

As she materialized from the water, she pulled herself up onto the grassy bank, laying down among the flowers and casting her eyes up. Naida gazed through the branches to watch the stars in the sky, thinking about all that had happened between the prince and she. For a moment, just a single moment she had started to think that he was special. Something different. Like her.

She didn't know where her radically different views on the world have come from, but all her life she had never thought the same way as every other creature of the wood. Especially the other nymphs. She was suppose to be some miscivous, sexual being that frolicked and played both in the water and with creatures of the opposite sex. It was not as if she had never done it before for there had been a time when she forced herself just to be like everyone else. In recent years thought, she could not bring herself to lie like that anymore. It was not within her heart and that was what she had to be true to. There was no desire within her for a sexcapade that would end basically before it had begun. She sought to find someone to share a life with. To hold her hand and share strength with her.

It blew her mind that it was not what the prince looked for. How could he ever expect to run his kingdom all on his own. The weight of the responsibility would crush him if he attempted to carry it all on his own. She couldn't wait for him to make his choice and watch him realize his mistake. There was something inside her that couldn't wait to mutter the words 'I said so.'

((Sorry, I'm not on the ball with replying tonight. Been a bit of a blah day for my brain. I'll attempt to get a post out for our other topic as well.))

The Prince soon ended up back where he had started the day, his room within the royal palace, deep in thought and melancholy. No matter who was right or wrong, though The Prince would argue to the death that he was right, the sad part was that it didn't matter who he picked because he just didn't want to be married. It wasn't just that he liked the freedom to run about with every woman he desired, but that The Prince didn't want to share his throne or his life. He was independent and strong and didn't need anyone else, except for the occasional female to tend to his nether regions.

Frustrated and angry, The Prince stormed out of his room and into the higher parts of the forest where some of his favorite air sprites lived. There, The Prince knew of a Sprite named Eris that had treated him well in the past and has been as warm as sunlight on a low-cloud day. Her soft and supple body would be just what he needed to relieve himself of this fury that had seemingly come out of nowhere.

Up above the tree lines into the clouds, many sprites flew and bounced about in their scantily clad outfits, laughing and giggling like the innocent children they were at heart. Though the nymphs were known to be mysterious and sexual, unbidden about their own nudity and frivolous behavior, sprites were known to be a different sort. They were light and thrill-seeking, constantly looking for the next game or activity that would occupy and distract them. The Prince considered the merits of a nymph as a lover being their sexual nature and absolute disregard for decency. The merits of a sprite was their enthusiasm. They saw sex like any of their other games; fun, pleasurable, energizing and a draw away from their duties to the sky and the sun for a short while.

This enthusiasm and bright disposition was exactly what The Prince needed right now with his sour attitude. Every eye following him as he walked about the clouds normally reserved for sprites, The Prince finally spotted Eris washing herself under a heavy stream of water, laughing and giggling as the temperature shifted from hot to cold, surprising her and giving her a simple entertainment.

"Hello pet," The Prince said charmingly as he approached the sprite.

Eris's laughter was light and merry as all her attention was suddenly for the prince and the prince alone. With a shift tossing of her hair, followed by a fluttering of her wings, both to relieve them of the water from her washing, she came fluttering like a speck of pollen lightly dances across a breeze to the prince's side. Wrapping her arms around his, her finger stroked over his muscles as she clung to him and giggled again, "Good eve to you my lord prince. It has been some time since you have last come to see me," she gave him a playful pout that was far to exaggerated to be believed that her feelings were truly hurt, "I was starting to think you have forgotten all about little Eris and the fun you have had with her."

Back
Top Bottom