Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Man and His Pet (Lord Dakol & IndefiniteEnd)

IndefiniteEnd

Super-Earth
Name: Camille
Height: 5'3"
Orientation: straight, submissive
Personality: Exceedingly shy and unsure of herself, Camille is the poster child of an insecure girl.
History: Growing up, Camille was teased endlessly about her different appearance. She's been tossed between foster homes for as long as she could remember, never having one real place to be loved. As such, she is a virgin in all aspects, the extent of her knowledge being kissing. Once she turned eighteen she was tossed out of the foster system, and has since been making do on her own, moving from job to job just enough to pay the rent. The final straw came when she was fired from her longest lasting employment, with the statement that she 'scared the customers'. Now she has nowhere to go, only a handful of money stuffed into her pocket, alone in the world.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Given the way the rest of her life had gone, Camille was honestly not surprised in the least when it started raining. While the other people on the sidewalks brought out their umbrellas, hurrying faster towards whatever their destination was, she remained at her slow pace, eyesight locked onto the dampened concrete. She had nowhere to go, nowhere to hurry towards with the promise of a hot drink and a home. Yesterday was the day she had to give up her small studio apartment, when she heard the muttered "Good riddance" coming from the landlord, when she lost what little she had. There was only a small bag she carried full of her belongings, a few pieces of clothing, a hair brush, a toothbrush, and the last piece she had of her parents. The picture had grown worn and faded over the years, but Camille could still make out their faces, and that was all that mattered. Sure they hadn't wanted her for whatever reason, but they were still her parents, the closest she had to someone who cared about her.

The boom of thunder sounded in the distance, making Camille's shoulders jump slightly in fright, wide eyes staring at the darking sky. Sure enough, the sky lit up, followed by more loud rolls of thunder. Just her luck, really. Come morning time, someone would find her hypothermic body lying in a gutter, and everyones lives would go on. Tilting her head back to look at the sky, fat raindrops splattered across her face, her ears bent back in a desperate attempt to keep them dry. It didn't help, though, and the honey brown fur on them grew wet no matter what. She was only glad that she'd tucked her tail in under her jacket, so at least that would be dry...

"Enough moping." She whispered angrily to herself, shaking her head as though that would free her of negative thoughts, "Shelter. I need shelter." Her eyes skimmed over the surrounding area, desperately trying to locating somewhere she could keep at least somewhat dry. Unlikely, yes, but she didn't exactly have anything better to be doing.

With a soft grunt, David hopped down from the bus onto the sidewalk, carrying bags of groceries as he did so. Whistling quietly, the young man of 23 walked down the sidewalk with his black hoodie on, relieved that his things were going to be kept dry. Chewing on a piece of gum as he walked, he paid almost no attention to what he was doing, fantasizing about the warmth inside his one-bedroom apartment and cooking up his favorite dinner; fish sticks. As such, he had now way of noticing the small neko-girl that was standing in his way, even as he towered over her with his 6'4" and 160 lb. frame. A large collision resulted, hitting the poor girl as David tripped and dropped most of his groceries. "Ack!" he exclaimed as he fell, though he laid on his back in order to cushion the blow.

"Oof..." he groaned, letting go of his bags as he surveyed the damage. "Ah crap... I'm sorry, miss," he said demurely, not exactly looking at her just yet as he was busy gathering up the stuff that was strewn about.

She couldn't help but stumble forward at the sudden impact, though she managed to regain her balance before falling over. It was then that she stared at the stranger in what almost appeared to be horror, "No, it's my fault, I'm sorry." Camille whispered, hoping it was loud enough for the man to hear, yet not daring to repeat it. Immediately she set about helping him to gather his fallen belongings, all her previous efforts to remain dry foiled. A plastic bottle had rolled out of one of the bags, and was now beginning to drift away in the gutter. Without a second thought, she sprung forward to grab it, completely oblivious of oncoming traffic until a horn blared loudly at her. Not even slowing, a car zoomed past them, driver swearing angrily at her, straight through an already formed puddle which splashed both of the pedestrians with more water.

Neck of the bottle now clenched firmly in her hand, she silently offered it back to the stranger, her now soaked hair clinging to her face in a way that she was sure looked ridiculous. Probably like a drowned rat, Camille couldn't help but think, which was painfully ironic for a neko like her.

David grabbed a few small packages, quickly putting them in his bag before they got wet. "What're you talking about? I was the one who was oblivious," he countered with a quick smile as a water bottle rolled away. He saw her cat-like movement to grab it. Noticing the oncoming car, he sat up, "No, wait-!" it was already too late. Honking madly, the driver purposefully ran into a large puddle, soaking them both with water. David coughed, trying to get it out of his lungs when he saw the bottle in the girl's hand. "You know... you didn't have to do that," he said, but with a sigh as he took the bottle, "But thank you, miss." Looking down, he noticed his wet clothes and sighed. "Ah crap..." he muttered with a pouty expression. It was then he looked back up and saw the young girl's - admittedly cute - cat ears that came from her hair.

Either she likes to cosplay waayy too much, or she's a Neko... he thought with surprise. "Um... are you all right?" he asked in concern, for now ignoring the fact that his things were getting wet; after all, they were still covered by the bags.

"No, it's alright," she quickly murmured, letting the bottle slip from her hand into his before adding, "I'm alright." Her ears twitched involuntarily in an unconscious attempt to rid them of water. She eyed her now soaked clothes with distaste, discovering her tail to be wet as well. With a sigh, Camille let it twitch out from where she'd confined it under her jacket, where it too twitched a couple of times. Then she glanced back over at the stranger, and couldn't help but noticed that his eyesight was locked to the top of her head. Or, to be more specific, to her cat ears. He must have been too distracted previous to notice them, she summarized, and began to regret freeing her tail from it's hiding place. "I'm sorry," Camille quickly supplied, assuming that he would want to leave her presence, having stumbled upon her secret, as unsecretive as it was, "I've probably delayed you." She hurried to stand, barely even remembering when she had fallen, and attempted to discreetly shake as much water off of her as she could - not that it would make a whole lot of difference, since she'd be sleeping out in it. Behind her, her tail continued to twitch at intervals, the honey brown fur plastered down, making the whole thing look ridiculous.

David couldn't help but trail his gaze over her small figure, able to her curves through the wet clothes, though he figured that she was wearing a bra underneath. Shaking his head of that thought, he also noticed her tail and lightly blushed in surprise. I've only seen her her ears and tails, but I already know she's extremely cute! he thought to himself. He noticed her demure expression as she saw that he was looking at her tail and ears. Slapping himself mentally, he moved forward and gently took her arm. "No, it's all right, uh..." he looked at her things, seeing that she was traveling very light. "Do you, uh... have somewhere to stay tonight? I sorta think that we bumped into each other since you were looking around," he observed. David silently wondered if she would stay with him; only for a couple nights until she got back on her feet, of course.

To say she was stunned would have been an understatement. This man she had barely known for five minutes was asking her if she had a place to go, when he was under no obligations to care. A feeling began to swell in Camille's chest, a feeling of hope that had been lost from her for awhile, and a warmth seemed to radiate from the areas of their bodies that touched, "Are you offering to let me stay at your house?" She asked, truly hoping that she hadn't been misreading the signs. Was something finally starting to go her way...?

In the back of her mind she recalled the stories one of her many foster mothers had told her, of strange men luring girls to them, to do terrible things to them. And while this could entirely be the case here, Camille found that she didn't particularly care. This was a stranger that, in the course of a few minutes, showed her more compassion than most people in her life had. Before she even realized it, a grin had broken out on her face and she couldn't help it. She hugged him. Granted, it only lasted a second or two before Camille recoiled in the shock of what she had just done. "I'm sorry." She squeaked out instantly, "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

Of course, David was a shocked at himself, too. He doesn't usually loan out his house to complete strangers, but his parents did teach him to give unto others. Well, that and the young girl in front of him was too gorgeous to just say goodbye to. "Well, uh... yeah, I am," he answered with a sheepish chuckle and smile.

In the course of a few seconds, he saw a brief grin on her face before her felt her arms wrap around him, giving him a tight-ish hug. An astonished look crossed his face, but quickly smiled after she apologized. "That's all right. I suppose not many people offer you shelter, huh?" he asked curiously as he stood up, putting his hood back on. Looking down at her, he held out a hand with a bright smile. After helping her up, David picked up his bags with a grunt and looked at the girl. "But, you know... you have to give me one thing before I let you in my apartment," he said, glancing at her as he began to walk.

Coming out of that hug, no matter how embarrassing it ended up being, was the worst decision she'd made all night. His body was warm against hers, despite the fact that they were both soaked to the bone, and the loss of it made her feel colder than she had before. So when he assured her that it was alright, there was only one thing Camille could think of. Will he let me do it again...?

"Not really, no." She answered honestly to his question, grabbing her backpack from where it had fallen onto the wet concrete of the sidewalk. Nothing more needed to be said, though. She wasn't about to unload all of her problems over her life on a stranger, even if he was the nicest stranger she'd ever met. As he began to walk, Camille fell into pace alongside him, but hearing his last statement seemed to weigh her down, "I can't pay you," she confided, "But I can cook, and clean, anything you want." Anything that will let me stay... she wanted to add, the offer of a dry place to sleep tempting her completely.

The young man was surprised by her response; was it because she was a Neko? That couldn't be it... could it? Watching as she picked up her bag, he turned and began walking down the sidewalk in the rain. A chuckle suddenly came from his lips, which then turned into a quick laugh before he found his stability. "What? No, no..! I just meant that I need your name; that way we won't be complete strangers," he said, turning a corner and saw the apartment complex. Specifically, his room was three stories above the entrance, meaning he had a pretty good view of the city.

"You don't need to do anything; just knowing that I can help is enough payment," he replied truthfully as he waited for cars to pass to jay-walk, hurriedly dashing across the street to the other side. Glancing back, he waved over to the girl to run.

"O-oh..." Now she just felt silly. It wasn't until she too had dashed across the wet streets that she spoke once again, "My name is Camille," she responded happily, an air in her voice that had been long gone, "I must insist on helping you," she then continued, "It wouldn't feel right if I didn't do anything for you." As they kept walking another roll of thunder echoed through the sky, the flash of lightening seemingly missed by the two of them. The sudden noise made Camille jump slightly, just as it had earlier that evening, and she found herself inexplicably moving to walk closer to her companion. She had never been fond of thunder and lightning, or rain storms in general, but she bore through them. Nevertheless, she wrapped her arms around herself in an act of self comfort, the security and relative warmth that came from it easing her mind.

"What's your name?" Camille asked, having just realized that she had never returned the favor of asking him. It would hardly do to not know the man willing to house her, even if it was only for one night.

"Camille?" he repeated, blinking a few times as he associated the name with her. "Wow, that's a cute name," he admitted aloud, not realizing it. A sigh left his lips as she insisted on being useful somehow, "Well, I can find something for you to do, I suppose," he said absentmindedly, not at all thinking what most men would in his situation. Hearing the thunder, he looked up and smiled; rain, lightning, and thunder seemed comforting to him, for some reason. It wasn't for Camille, obviously. "You okay?" he asked as they reached the stairs. He needed a free hand in order to walk the stairs; David remembered trying once and ended up with a broken leg. "Oh... the name is David; David Hadleigh," he said, giving her a quick handshake so as to not drop the bags.

Never again... he thought bitterly, then looked at the young Neko as he prepared to take her up on her offer. "All right, can you carry the bags in my right arm?" he asked, knowing that they were light and easy to carry by themselves. Attempting to hand them to her, he began to climb the stairs, glancing back every second or so to see if she was okay. A short while later, they finally reached the third story, where his door was just down the hall. Quickly getting out his keys, he swiftly unlocked the door to allow Camille in.

His apartment was relatively well-kept; the only things that were out of place were a few DVDs and water bottles that were laying by the couch. He lived in a medium-sized apartment, complete with a full kitchen, a large bedroom, and a bathroom.

Cute...? He thought her name was cute? It was a word used to describe her only a handful of times, usually by small children who didn't realize that she was different than them, that just saw the ears and the tail and thought of it as a costume. "I'm alright," she murmured, "Just don't care for storms. It's a cat thing, you know?" Camille tried to send her comment off with a laugh, though it ended up sounding forced.

When they reached his building, she took the bags offered to her without a word, and climbing behind him silently. When they reached David's room, she took a moment while still in the doorway to quickly glance over what she could see of the apartment. It was significantly bigger than her studio apartment had been, though that wasn't much of a surprise. Camille spent an extra moment eying the couch, where she assumed she would be spending the night. "Do you..." she paused, trying to find the right words to give voice to her thoughts, "Do you have some clothes I could borrow for the night? Mine are all soaked..." She held up her drenched bag as if it were a piece of evidence to support her story, and looked at her savior hopefully.

David saw this gaze at his couch, and shook his head but stayed quiet. Moving in past her, he set the heavy stuff down in the kitchen, and took the bags from her arms with another thank you. He began to put away the milk and the other things that needed to refrigerated, and looked at Camille when she held her her bag. With a chuckle, he thought to himself.

Well, I have some extra t-shirts that would certainly fit her, but all I have are jeans, he thought. Since he slept in just his boxers, he didn't have any sort of sweatpants for her to wear, so the only alternative would be... Damn. "Uh, yeah I do. But go take a shower, all right? I don't want you getting a cold before dinner." he said, which was a that a parent would give their child. Then, before he forgot, he looked at her sheepishly, "Uh, this might sound stupid or stereotypical, but do you like fish?" he asked with a nervous smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked hesitantly, "It's your place, you should shower first..." Camille was aware that she should have worried a little about the uneasiness in his voice when he said he had something she could wear, yet she couldn't find it in herself to really care. No matter how much she protested, a shower sounded amazing, and with the promise of food afterwards... How could a man she'd known for such a short period of time make her feel more welcome than those that had supposedly been her family?

She couldn't help but giggle at how flustered he was asking the question, so she responded with a bright smile, "I love fish," Camille confided, "As stupid and stereotypical as that is." Looking at David now, it seemed almost silly that she had asked to borrow clothes. The man was easily a foot taller than her, anything he owned would be far too big to actually fit her. Though she didn't particularly mind. Any dry clothes, baggy or not, had to be better than what she was currently wearing.

"I'm sure! Now go," David countered with a smile. Turning to the frozen bag, he began preparing as he heard her response. A blush came to his cheek as she did so and left the room. A worrisome expression crossed his face as he thought about the clothes he had to give her for the night. Besides an extra shirt, she would have to wear a pair of his boxer-briefs. They were clean, of course, but the notion made him shake his head in shame. When he went to play soccer with his friends in the park, he had to switch out his normal boxer for the combination, in case his manhood was in danger of getting hit because it hung there. There would certainly be tight on her - as they are on him -, but in this situation it would be better than just having her sleep in just a t-shirt.

Needing no further encouragement, Camille turned in the direction of the bathroom, only able to recognize it as such by the door being wide open. She slipped into the small room quietly, closing the door behind her but not bothering to lock it. David knew she was in here, so there shouldn't be a problem. Two towels lay draped over a towel rack and, unsure of which she was supposed to use, she simply grabbed one. Sliding open the glass shower door, she examined the knobs beneath the shower head, gently moving the lever from side to side until she found a nice temperature.

Contrary to what people might think, she did like water when it came to showers or baths. It was just the cold stuff that Camille hated, because it always left her feeling even more miserable. Squirting a small blob of David's shampoo onto the palm of her hand, she spread it evenly through her hair, making sure to rub some on the backs of her ears. Five minutes later, when she felt significantly warmer and cleaner than she had in a while, she turned the water off and opened the shower door a crack, just enough to grab a towel. With the large terry cloth wrapped securely around her body, Camille stepped out, only to come to a startling realization.

That was how, with a deep blush on her face, she left the bathroom clad only in a towel, heading back to the kitchen, "David? Could you get me some clothes?"

By the time she was done, David had popped the food in the oven; now he had to wait about twelve minutes before they were done. His stomach rumbled in hunger as she walked out, though his back was turned when she asked him about the clothes. "Yeah, I already put some-!" he froze as he turned around, instantly seeing that she was only wearing a large towel. At once his mind began to wander, wondering what she looked underneath... when he did a literal facepalm, hitting his face with his hand in punishment for his thoughts. "Ah, what're you doing? You could have just called from the bathroom," he said, putting his hand back to his side as he moved past her, careful to not even touch her at the moment, lest he be thought a molester. Open the door to his room all the way, he walked to his bed to get the large white shirt and a pair of dark-blue boxer-briefs. His room - which was clean like the rest of his house - had several papers lying about, with words written and typed on the desk and his night-stand. On his desk was a sleek, black laptop that was supposedly used for writing these, and a calender on the wall above the bed had several red circles on specific dates.

Turning around, he nervously handed her the briefs and the shirt. "Uh, here you go," he said, allowing an awkward to ensue while she stood in his room. I've hadn't had a girl in here in my months... and the last time went extremely bad... now a neko girl is in here, in only a towel... and I'm not even gonna ask her out, he thought with a sigh.

He was staring at her, with a look in his eyes that she didn't quite recognize, and when he first spoke she couldn't help but feel silly for not having thought of it earlier. "Yes, I suppose I could have..." Examining him more closely now, David looked almost... annoyed. And then only thing she could think of that could have made him instantly annoyed was her, and those kinds of thoughts were never kind to her. He hurried past her without as much as a second glance, and Camille followed him silently, being sure to keep her distance. She took the proffered clothes willingly, their hands brushing for an instant during the exchange.

They stood there in an awkward silence for a moment, before finally she spoke up again, "You're sure it's alright for me to stay here?" When they'd been out in the rain, David had treated her kindly, as though she was just as human as he was. But now... now his actions reminded her of those of the children who taunted her, the adults who scorned her, of everyone Camille had thought David wouldn't be. She couldn't help the distressed look that covered her face, and the tight grip she had on the towel loosened, though she still clutched it to her body as a safeguard.

After another moment's silence, Camille asked him to reassure her stay. Another moment before he sighed heavily, shaking his head at himself. "Yeah, of course it's all right. It's not you," he said with a sincerely apologetic look on his face to dispel the distress that was in her mind. Looking around his room, he stepped around her, still not wanting to touch her until she got dressed. "You can change in here, all right? After you do, I need to... talk to you," he murmured in her ear, breathing gently down her neck as he did so, then left the room by closing the room.

After doing so, he sat on the floor and leaned against the wall, placing his face in his hands. "Dammit... how can she freakin' trust me now..?" he muttered. Slowly standing up, he walked over to the three-person table and sat down, waiting for Camille to finish.

((All right, I need to sleep. I think I'm gonna fall asleep at the desk if I write anymore, heh... I'll be on after I wake up. Night, End.))

((It's quite alright, I'm passing out as soon as this is posted...))

Somehow his reassurances didn't seem to do her much good when he deliberately stepped around her. But then his breath was on her neck and it sent shivers down her spine. "Talk...?" Camille murmured to herself once he had closed the door behind him, only now letting the towel drop to the floor to inspect the clothes she was given. A shirt that would likely go down to her mid thighs, and briefs.

Thinking about it, she decided it shouldn't have surprised her that much. The only way David would have pants lying around that would fit her was if his girlfriend had left them, and while Camille was no expert in relationships, she was fairly confident that a girlfriend wouldn't be okay with him taking in a strange girl. So she slipped the briefs on easily before pulling the t-shirt over her head, feeling her breasts sag without the support of a bra. She scooped the towel up to deposit in the laundry hamper she'd seen in the corner of the bathroom before making her way back towards the kitchen. "David...?" She found him sitting at the table and, though exceedingly anxious, sat down across from him, "What do you want to talk about?"

Looking up, David's eyes widened at the sight of Camille in his t-shirt , though he couldn't see the briefs no matter how hard he tried. Now she looked like a girlfriend that had spent the night, which produced a sigh directed towards himself. He looked at her when he began to talk, but a sneeze then interrupted him mid-sentence.

Despite changing into a clean pair of jeans and t-shirt, he seemed he had caught a bit of a cold from getting splashed on, and not getting a shower right away like Camille did. However, her well-being matter more to him than his own, and so he was willing to brave a little cold for her. "Um... I wanted to apologize. Bringing you here, saying that you don't owe me anything? I don't want you to think that I want something else from you," he said, trying to hint at the word "sex" without actually saying it.

She could tell that he looked a little paler than she remembered, and a wave of guilt washed over her. It hadn't been fair, to take the first shower from her host, and now David was going to suffer for it. His heavy sigh, and a harsh sneeze, only made her feel worse. And, when he apologized, Camile couldn't help but feel... unsurprised. David regretted his decision, and- And then he continued, making her eyes widen, "Something else? Something else like what?"

When she thought about it for another moment, it hit her, "Oh!" She felt her face flush as the word he'd been implying ran across her mind, "No, that's never what I thought! I mean, if you want to, I-" Then Camille realized what she had just said, and her face grew even darker, "Not that I- I mean you're really nice, and sweet, and..." Her shoulders slumped as she realized she was just digging herself into a deeper hole. "This sounds weird, since I haven't even known you for an hour, David, but... You've been nicer to me than anyone I can remember. I know I'll only be staying here for a night, but I like you, and I'll do anything to thank you."

The fact that she hadn't even thought about the possibility both shocked and surprised David, and was greatly relieved to have her know there was no pressure at all. But as she continued to talk, a blush as almost as dark as hers appeared on his face, and shook his head. "That's not necessary, Camille. Well, of course I've thought about it but... argh!" he groaned at himself, which was obvious this time. "I want you to know that I'm not asking anything of you at all." he said, enunciating those words to get his point across.

((Hehe, I was able to post. Don't know if I will be able to anymore, but I'll try!))

'I've thought about it'. The statement was more than enough to make her heart start to pound wildly, the idea that there was someone in this world that had considered being with her making her almost... giddy. "I understand." Camille answered, unable to keep a smile away from her face, "And I want you to know that you could ask anything of me, and I would do it." She was surprised at how stable her voice was as she spoke, never having imagined being in this situation with anyone. "I told you, David. I like you. If you would like me to cook dinner, or clean your house, or go to your bed, I would be more than willing." One of her hands fiddled with the bottom edge of the shirt she was wearing, wrapping the fabric around her finger a couple of time. When she had sat down, the shirt had been hiked up some, leaving more of her pale legs exposed, but she didn't seem to notice. All Camille cared about right now was the answer that David would give her.

((It's quite alright~ Family > roleplaying xD))

Back
Top Bottom