Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

out of curiosity, where did you start roleplaying?

I first started in my early teen years on AOL - in those famous chat rooms - and even a web-browser chat room (realm of fantasy or some such). Then I progressed to Y!Groups Roleplays before finding RPOL.net and places like Bluemoon.

Rhydin, AOL chat rooms. God, i'm misty with nostalgia. such simpler times.
after that, i can hardly remember. found my way to Gaia eventually, some miscellaneous forums here and there, DRP. actually, haven't roleplayed in a long while since then, but i got the bug and found myself here.

I started roleplaying back in... Gosh. 2006, I think. I originally began with a friend on a Proboards forum occupied solely by the two of us. I didn't even know it was roleplaying back then. I thought we were just writing a story together.

I quit after that for a while. I joined Gaiaonline, but not for roleplaying so much as for the fun dress-up avatars. I met a lot of people on the side and did the occasional RP that a friend made but aside from that I was never really into it. Then in 2007 I got really bored with summer and so I started roleplaying and I've been doing it ever since!

My first sexual scene... I probably did that in 2007 at some point. I was just 17 at the point. Not too terribly young but still young, eek!

I started RPing on Gaiaonline back in uh, 05?... I always used the same character. A female Drow named Mornar Mistmoore. On that note, if any of you remember me, please, I'd love to touch base. Especially if Mornar ever RP'd with you.

I'm sure this has been said countless times - but I started on Gaiaonline.
When did I start? Jesus... I was 11. But I probably started sensual roleplays around 13.
After a while I got extremely fed up of all the horrible roleplayers and upgraded to Lunar Radiance - then I found BlueMoon and haven't gone back. ;D

WAIT - does anyone here remember Habbo !? I used to roleplay on there, but I wouldn't really call it roleplaying because it was uber pathetic. xD

Ps. Yes, I realized Gaia is PG13 - but let's get real, no one follows that.

It started on AIM in a group of 2 other friends. Then it moved to an Avatar Chat program called Palace32, I think. Then it moved to Myspace. Then it moved to roleplay groups on MMORPGs. Lastly, just back to good ol' messengers: MSN.

I started in middle school when one of my friends' dads handed a set of DnD books down to him. That was about ten years ago.

I think I first started on Yahoo chat and then on Faceparty (anyone else remember that??) as I met others intesrested in the same thing. Love Bluemoon though - so much more sophisticated and a much better class of roleplayer :)

• I started roleplaying on Gaia in like, the 7th grade. That's initially
        when I discovered anime and started developing an interest in it.
        My friend introduced me to Gaia (she was a new student at school
        and my best friend in under three days). I still remember the very
        first post I ever made. Very vividly, in fact. Those were the good
        ol' days when people weren't super picky and I was satisfied easily.

hypergondala said:
If you do roleplay, of course.

And when did you start roleplaying sexual scenes? (Not smut, just sex.)

Honestly, for both of these it would be neopets xD Well, the one on ones I found over there. I was about 14 too at the time, I guess it would be considered illegal looking back on it but I was such an awful roleplayer it mostly consisted of 'He put his thingy in her thingy' and 'she moaned a lot when he did it to her' so...xD

How about you?

I originally started roleplaying on Excite.com back when they had a chatroom. I use to go to the one when I was in my 20's. I then moved on into yahoo roleplay chatroom. They got rid of that chatroom and I would do a lot of roleplays where it had transformations where the good girl would change from a plain Jane or nerd into a hot, horny, hottie with a bit of a attitude. The roleplays would be completed with my partners that I would play with. I have yet to see one here in Bluemoon completed from start until end.

If we're talking internet roleplaying, then chat rooms in TalkCity. I was about 9 or so when I fell in with some people that had different chat rooms for different settings, and we just open RPed in them. Romance and sex scenes were some of my first scenes, so I started doing that kind of thing around the same time....but I was also the type that would be riding in the car to go somewhere and imagine I was involved in some epic car chase on the highway, or that I was sword fighting my nemesis on the tops of buildings that I saw; I did that kind of thing as early as I can remember.

I started on Neopets too, guess it's the gateway for many other people. Switched to MSN groups and then Myspace. Stopped using social networks as my escape (especially after criticism and personal rules started in blogs). Tried getting into Fanfic on Livejournal but no dice. But it was the social networks that taught me one on one sexual nature rp (every guy had a tentacle randomly out of no where and was a tree of some sort). Favorite place I learned proper sex RP was from an old middle earth forum by Aragorn (tentacle free Aragorn -.- xp lol )

I first started out roleplaying through messengers, mainly MSN, and then I gradually came to roleplay on, forgive me, myspace.

To be honest, I don't even remember why I started to do it, but I became hooked on storytelling and such.

Heaven forbid, though, when I first started out I used these ** handy things. I'm so glad that I've graduated from that. Haha.

So, let's see I started around seventh grade... We'll say I've been roleplaying between five and seven years.

I'll always remember my first roleplaying character:

Aerith/Aeris of Final Fantasy VII. <3

Gaiaonline.
Then everything got stupid, so I took a break.
Went on Darker for a while, took a break.
Now I'm here, hoping to not take a break. xD
Been roleplaying for..er.. nine year! o.o; Started when I was ten! xD damn.

Back in 04-05, I started up on Gaia. I was ten. o.o Or was I twelve?.. Er, I'm bad at math/remembering. XD

Back
Top Bottom