Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirate's Life For Me (Closed for Raziel99)

Kiari03

Super-Earth
Rayleigh looked over the bow of her fine fighting vessel that she had worked so little to steal from under the British nose. It really was a jewel and was pirated by some of the best men that she knew and trusted with her life. She was a 22 year old woman with a taste for blood, the skill to acquire it, and a beautiful physique to boot. Despite her best efforts, she looked female in every way. She had cut her dark brown hair to the point that the longest ends dangled by her ears, a large bust covered by a torn white undershirt and red top, tan baggy pants that hid her lush legs, and soft tan skin from countless hours under the sun. Her eyes were a dark green that seemed to hold a loathing for this world controlled by men, which was perhaps why she had become a captain of an only male crew. She was in charge and they knew it. On more than one occasion she had hung men who had threatened to 'put her in her place' or once for even bringing it to the crew's attention that she was a woman. She had enjoyed watching them squirm, beg, and die under her merciless law.

"Sir! A British Vessel has been spotted on the port side. Estimated at about 1000 yards, Sir!" Her second in Command Jacob reported to her in his usual manner. He knew better than to speak of her sex, for he was no exception. This made her laugh every time, his fear. Men truly were weak beings with no spines when it came to the wrath of a real woman. "Very well, Jacob. Turn forty five degrees to the port side and have the cannons ready for my command when we reach within a 400 yard distance!" She shouted, loud enough for everyone on deck to hear her command. They all hurried, carrying about their duties quickly, but without fear. They had all joined this crew because of her fame. She had never been caught, killed, or to have lost a ship in all of her five years of fighting. There wasn't a soul on the seas who did not know the name Rayleigh. Of course, this was a name she had given herself from the beginning, her real name was to be kept secret until she lay dying.

Closer they approached. Closer still. Finally, "Turn to the port side! Ready, starboard side, fire!" She roared, her voice matching that of the booming cannons. She had no desire to sink this ship, she liked the way it looked. Rather, she would kill everyone on board and take the ship for herself. This was the plan and for years it had been a solid one. The men knew the routine and as they came to clash against the ship they prepared their weapons for a fight as Rayleigh unsheathed her sword. The men from the British vessel came pouring down onto their ship like a waterfall, a waterfall that would soon be made entirely of British blood. This thought brought a smile to Rayleigh's face, but not for long. She had her own target in mind. Grabbing hold of one of the boarding ropes, she threw it over the side of the vessel, jumping overboard before she could be reached. "While those buffoons are distracted with one another, I'll take everything this ship has to offer. Including the life of this ship's commanding officer." She smirked smugly as she came over the side of the ship.

“Admiral, we have sightings of the ship, 1000 yards!”

“Very good, give a hard chase. I want to take the ship as whole as possible.” Admiral Blake said, standing up from the stern of the ship, turning to see the beautiful ship that was stolen not even a week ago. It was a sad thing that the pirates took it: they would be feeling the blades of elites now.

“Admiral, they’re turning Portside and readying cannons!”

“Turn portside to meet them, ready starboard cannons, ready boarding crews. Secondary fighters ready but stay behind in case of boarders.”

“Aye, captain!”

It was going to be a brilliant day for the aspiring Admiral. After gaining the advantage over a pirate convoy traveling along the south side by France, Henry Blake was given command of the Excalibur, with a high class crew, with the goal of capturing or destroying another navy ship that was stolen by pirates. What an easy mission.

“Captain, 10 seconds until they are in line to fire.”

“Fire even cannons when they come into line, and send over the boarding party. I’ll be in the Captain’s Quarters.”

“Why, Captain?”

“I have a hunch. Let any boarders come towards my quarters if they go straight for it. They will be in for a rude surprise.” He left just as the first cannons were being fired, yells for arms and the crews going boarding. He closed the door to his quarters, grabbing the saber from the dresser and sliding it easily into the side sheathe. Time to play a waiting game, he supposed. Pirates were always looking for loot. Well, he would give them a blood diamond.

Call it woman's intuition or whatever you will, but something sure didn't feel right as she walked onto the deck of the Excalibur. It was too quiet, deathly quiet. There was little she actually knew about the workings of a British Navy ship, but what she did know was she had never encountered a situation where the captain wasn't immediately present. Looking back over to her ship, she tried to see if she could spot him. But the bloody battle aboard her ship made it quite difficult for her to even spot her own men. Cruel as it may be, Rayleigh didn't actually care if most of her men died, so long as she got this ship. She estimated she would need about 6 hands to bring both of these ships into port and she would work those hands tirelessly until they achieved that goal.

Counting her chickens before they hatched, so to say, Rayleigh sheathed her saber only after she was confident that there wasn't a soul on board. After all, "What kind of captain would hide himself during a battle?" she had reassured herself as she quickly made her way to the captain's quarters, knowing for a fact that there would be treasures there that she didn't want her greedy as fuck men to have. "I'll sell all of this for a profit and be back to sea once more.." She hummed softly as she opened the door to the captain's quarters and walked in with every confidence in the world that she had already won this battle. As she stepped in, she was careful to kick open the door, rather than gallivant in without any protection. While she was confident, she wasn't foolish. Still no one. Scratching her head, this baffled her, but she didn't have time to properly analyze the situation. The battle would surely be coming to an end soon and then her men would surely be over the moment they realized she was here as well. Men with their sticky fingers, pocketing what was rightfully hers. Marching into the dimly lit room, she took in a whiff of quality tobacco and scotch. It made her mouth water to think that she would be drinking something other than cheap ale tonight.

He waited only a moment before he unsheathed the sword he just put in the sheathe at his belt. He heard the soft ker-plunk of a boarder, and the soft footsteps of someone moving on deck. Perfect, coming his way. He moved to a spot against the wall, where the doors opening would hide his body from anyone coming in. Call it a cowards way out, sure. He would much prefer to duel someone down to capture, then take over the rest of the battle, but the faster he worked with this interloper - more than likely the enemy captain - they faster he could bring the ships to port.

The doors were kicked open, and he pushed back against the wall a little, to make sure that he was unseen. The footsteps were louder now with the door open, and he saw the shadow of the person to see where the weapon was. On the hips, good. He moved his blade ready to strike , and as the body came around to view, he slashed, cutting the blade off the sheathe at the pirate’s belt, then bringing the blade quickly to the owner’s throat.

“Aaaahhh… What do we have here?” He said, in a questioning voice as he slowly walked to be in front, the blade’s edge pressed lightly against her throat. “A female pirate? And someone who could only be captain, the way you are dressed, and by the guts of leaving a battle to check out the enemy’s ship. Well, this will be interesting.” His hand grabbed her shoulder and pushed her forward, sword at her neck the whole time, even if at different spots.

They went on deck, where the extra men came up and went to the edge with their captain, ready with swords and rifles. “Attention pirate crew!” Blake yelled out, loudly, enough to slow most of the combat to a halt. “If you value the life of your captain, you will surrender now.”

Rayleigh hadn't anticipated the surprise attack from behind that had rid her of both her weapon and her mobility in about three strokes. He was good, she couldn't deny him that but, "Piss ant coward." She had muttered under her breath as she was pushed forward onto the the deck. Something besides the knife at her throat kept her from resisting however, she was curious. Did he really have no idea who she was? She certainly hadn't allowed any British seaman to live once she boarded and took their ship, but was she that much of a mystery? He did seemed surprised after all, "Maybe...maybe, I can work this to my advantage." She thought this with a grin as she looked down at her first mate and with a wink she changed the original backup plan. This had been a law long since established by many pirate codes. Should the captain be killed or captured, the first mate would become the new captain. However, her wink established a common understanding through him that she did not consider herself captured yet and therefore his ability to captain was still pending. With a wink back to say that he understood, he waited for her next move.

It was a bit difficult. Crying wasn't something Rayleigh enjoyed, especially in front of others, but his lack of knowledge in regards to her identity was too perfect. She had to exploit it. Sniffles at first, then fake tears fell as well as she called out to her men, "Pl-Please men! Take pity on me poooor soul! Stop ye fighting at once!" She called, stunning some of the men who weren't in on the ruse. However, without hesitation, they dropped their weapons and raised their hands in the air. She was a good actress as she shook and heaved under the grip of the enemy captain. However, the moment he loosened his grip, the moment he gave her any advantage, she would try to kill him with the dagger stowed away in her left boot. "There...they have stopped...now please..remove your cruel sword from me poor neck." She hiccuped, looking out to her ship where her men stayed dangerously close to their fallen weapons.

What was this? Just because she was a woman, did she think that any sort of act could pull the cotton over his eyes on the thought that they were pirates, criminal scum? He held back a scoff. Her words rang empty inside him, just like the other half dozen lasses that were pirates that he put down himself. Yet this one here seemed to be intriguing to him. He would have to look into it, into her, later.

Her crying words shook some of his men, but most of them kept their weapons aimed and ready through her whole ‘rousing surrender. The clinking of swords and flintlock pistols dropping on wood was dull but loud enough that he could hear the repetitions. After the last weapon had been dropped, he pushed the edge of the sword further against her neck, almost close enough to slice her throat on a breath. He shot a question to his second in command, who was nearby.

“Watson, what is the status of the Brig’s of both ships?”

“The Brig’s? Hardly enough to hold half of the enemy crew put together.”

Blake looked over at the other ship, where his men were already kicking weapons overboard. They knew the standard procedure for their tricks. After a minute, he finally spoke up, his free hand grabbing shackles while crew members walked forward and pulled the lass’ hand’s behind her back. “Very well then. Kill half of their crew. They would have been executed at arrival for piracy anyway. I’ll take their captain to my quarters. Maybe she’ll start talking while being a little… hung up.” He slapped the shackles on her before leading her back into the captains quarters. “Watson, you’re captain of the other ship until we arrive at port.”

“Aye, sir!”

After kicking the doors closed rather easily, he had to drag her over near where the desk was, where there was a iron wrap like piece nearby. He grabbed it, then looped the chains between her shackles between it before pinning it up to the ceiling, forcing her into a low bow, hands up in the air. He did a quick pat down of her, finding the knife and disposing it out the window before sitting down. “Now, why don’t we start with your name?”

"Damn, he's really going to cut me throat!" She thought as he pulled the sword's edge even deeper into her skin. Holding her breath, she wanted more than anything to retaliate, this not having been the first time she had been under the control of the sword. Still, she knew how to bide her time and how to do it well. However, the crew members were giving her a little bit of hope. Even if the captain wasn't going to buy her hogwash, some of them were. This, more than anything, prompted her to stay on her best behavior in their presence. She had a devious mind that knew how to twist weak men to do her bidding. Perhaps she could find one among the men who had lowered their weapons, if only by a fraction. Still, she didn't dare hope for such as result as she watched his men kicking her weapons overboard. This gave her heart a great pain as she realized that they truly had been outwitted and were doomed for the time being. Though she didn't like making some of a her crew member's last moments more unpleasant, she still had a helpless damsel in distress image to upkeep, "No!!!" She had cried out desperately, pushing her neck lightly against the sword as she began a fake, weak, struggle. She noticed with satisfaction the weapons lowering just a little bit more.

The truth was, she didn't care what happened to her crew and quite frankly neither did they. Every one of them knew the consequences that combined so nicely with the benefits of being a pirate. However, before she was dragged away, she gave her first mate a smile that told him he was free to do as he saw fit. She knew they would fight the British men with their bare hands until the very end. After all, when one has no money, no food, and no more freedom, then one has nothing else to lose. As for the ship? Easy come, easy go. She had taken it from a lackluster crew a few days ago and it hadn't even cost any lives, on her side at least. She grinned with satisfaction as she heard an angry roar followed by gunshots, "Bye mates" She whispered.

Rayleigh had to admit, she didn't find being drawn up quite so comfortable. Already, she was trying to get a feel for this mechanism that had her hoisted in the air so that she could figure a way out. "Hey! I liked that knife!" She yelled at him as he threw it out of the window. She had carved the hilt of the knife in the shape of a mermaid when she was a child. It was rather pathetic attempt at carpentry, but still, it had been with her since she began pirating all those years ago. No longer needing to care what she said or how she said it, she simply grinned at him gaily and replied, "Ain't got one. Wasn't give one. Not one your whore of a Queen would recognize anyway. Admiral Henry Blake commander of the Excalibur. A fine ship, though I must say that the captain's quarter's are a bit smaller than I had imagined." She made it clear that she knew who he was almost immediately for two reasons. First, she wanted it made clear that she was not some illiterate heathen who hadn't been smart enough to read the ship records and maps she had found on previous war and merchant ships. And second, it gave her a sense of pride and giddiness that she knew his name and yet he had no idea who she was.

What a whiney lass she was, crying to the last… until she was in the Captains quarters, of course. Then she was the snarkiest thing he had seen in many a moon. He moved to sit down behind the desk in the room, fingers lacing together as he watched her. “First off, I don’t particularly care about how much you know of me, nor do I care about the fact that you hold that in such high thought that you know more of me than I do of you. If I really gave a damn about learning your name, I would be taking a whip to your ass until you told me. Is that understood?” His voice was low, eyes locked on hers, and the stone determination was present on his face.

“Secondly, I wouldn’t struggle while in that hold. It’s completely bolted down, so unless you got a bolt cutter out of thin air, then got to climb high enough to cut them, you can’t escape. Unless it isn’t pulling your arms up high enough, in which I can adjust it if you like, to make you bow lower and feel it more in your shoulders.

“Now.” He patted the desk once, showing that he was willing to start business, hearing a gunshot as they were finishing up the enemy crew. “From the sound of it, your crew - which I can tell you don’t give a damn about, no matter how much you fussed over them - is going to be slaughtered to the last before getting back. That saddens me, because I thought that that could be a nice leverage over you. But it seems that I will have to go straight to personal touches when it comes to… pulling information from you.” His eyes locked onto hers, looking down since she would have her head about at the desktop height. “Now to start, I can be kind and change how you are being held there so you are more comfortable, if you like. I would hate for something to mar that beautiful body and face of yours, and getting your shoulder pulled out of place is something I heard was extremely painful.”

His eyes locked on Rayleigh's, full determination and seriousness befitting a true captain. But she couldn't help it, she smirked, a little laugh escaping her as he tried to undermine the fact that she did have more information in this situation, "No, it's not that I hold knowing your name in high regard. It is that I find it very, very funny." She laughed quietly again, careful not to become too loud. She continued as he watched her from his desk, fingers laced "No, what I hold in high regard was my ability to evade the bumbling British Navy as a proud and noble pirate for over five years. Before now, I have not been in the presence of a British officer...who was still breathing. So, I suppose congratulations are in order! Good job, it only took five years!" She smiled innocently, that innocence barely masking her mockery of him. Still, she was disappointed to hear that there would be no getting out of this stupid contraption. Her shoulder blades were already beginning to throb as she clenched and unclenched her fists over and over.

Rayleigh sighed as he mentioned her lack of care when it came to her crew, "Henry, there is something you don't understand. Perhaps I am giving you more information than I need to be...but so be it. There is no pitying dead men. That is the state that I found each of those men in, prepared to be hung over the gallows in various ports and towns. They knew the game, perhaps better than I do. However, because of me, those men enjoyed many more days under the sun doing what they love to do best. Being a pirate. Now, if it makes me cruel for not mourning men who have been dead for months, then so be it." She explained straight faced and seriously. His comment about her obvious lack of concern for her men had struck a sensitive core, though the reason was unclear. "So you want information, is that correct? Well, spit it out! What are you looking for?" She cracked a smile once more, clearly ignoring the fact that he had already asked for her name just a couple of minutes ago. It would have been clear to anyone who heard her voice that she was not about to release any information.

She had to admit, his offer to turn her loose did sound tempting. By now her arms felt like thousands of needles were stabbing them as they objected to this treatment. Rayleigh winced as she tried to straighten her back just a little to relieve some pressure, but quickly fell back into position. Still, she wouldn't be seen as weak by this man, she could outlast him and would do her best to take what she knew to the grave. Rather than saying that though, another point came to mind, "That would be mighty fine of you, but let me ask you something, don't you want to be comfortable too?" She asked, a mischievous look coming across her face, "What I mean is, isn't the Queen herself the one that inserts a pole into the asses of her naval men? Surely if you took that stick out of your ass you wouldn't be such a dick." She offered her sympathetic voice that barely stifled another laugh.

“Don’t offer thoughts or worry or any sort of concern for a dead man? Funny, they didn’t seem dead until a minute ago.” His voice held the tone that had very little humor in it, not even looking up at her at the moment. “And I shall gladly take your congratulations. I mean, A person of the British Navy, not even two full days into being a Admiral, capturing a wanted pirate that has been loose for 5 years. It is not a easy feat.”

He slowly stood up, walking over to her, sitting on the edge of the desk and looking over her body in a knowing way. “Now there, I would watch what you say when you say sticks and dicks. I mean, you’re the first good looking female me and my crew have seen for months. The wenches on land are rather overused… But you have that natural beauty that yells out that you’re untouched. I’m sure that would have been a great incentive to have you talk, having you fucked in front of your crew by the British Navy. Hell, I’m sure most of them would go twice…” He stood once more, looking into his desk without having to measure the glance of her face.

“So, you wonder what my question is.” He said, unfathomed by the lack of her name. He could find that out easily enough if he really wanted to. He pulled out a fabric of a small painting, throwing it over to the edge of the desk so she could see it clearly. It was the image of a ring, with a large sapphire in the cradle. “This is what I am looking for.” He said in a low voice. “It is a ring of royalty that you have stolen some months ago. It is very precious and valuable to the noble, and they would like to have it back. Now, you can either give it to me, or I can force the whereabouts from you.”

Rayleigh offered him a death glare as he threatened her with the desire and lust of the men in his crew. Her heart sank, he did have the advantage there and she would have to start choosing her words more carefully. Hanging her head low, she tried to stretch her throbbing muscles, but the chains simply wouldn't allow for a comfortable position. Sighing out loud in some form of frustration, "If all you have to threaten me with is your two inch dicks then you have already lost this fight. I have endured far worse than you and I will live." She bit back stubbornly, her voice obviously a few pitches lower and no longer filled with humorous jokes or jabs. She didn't like the vulnerability of the situation, "Besides...what would your Queen say should she hear that you attacked a defenseless woman on her knees before you?" She smirked up at him, that humor coming back into her eyes. It really was difficult to try and take it away.

Rayleigh looked down at the painting thrown in front of her, recognizing the image instantly. It had been a nice ring, lovely in all of it's features. She had relished that steal and thus, hadn't sold it for a profit. Like any good pirate, she had a small island where she had stashed it away in a small chest along with her other private treasures. She knew the route to this island like the back of her hand and yet, "Can't say I recognize your ring. But tell me, do you always lick the assholes of the nobles when they ask you to?" She questioned in a voice as serious as his now. Glancing back down at the image she mocked surprise, "Oh you mean that ring! Sure, you just go north west for about three days tops and come across the gates of Hell. Devil will be waiting for you there lad with your precious, I'm sure of it." She grinned. This was her way of saying that he could go to Hell, she knew the rings true location, and she wasn't in a sharing mood. Finally, it happened. A quick pop and then radiating pain as her shoulder gave into the strain, it was trying to leave the socket. Rayleigh groaned and lowered her head in pain as she futility tried to ignore and pull away from the source of her pain.

“Oh, the business of taking care of Pirates doesn’t even scuff the bottom of the queen’s boots.” He said, not even looking over at her anymore as he looked over some paperwork that he had already filled out on the voyage to get the other ship. “As it stands, she doesn’t give a rats ass what we do to the pirates that we find. So you are completely under my control.”

Ah, the standard ‘go to hell,’ it seemed to be. “Life. Is. Hell.” He said, his voice stone cold as he turned his head to look at her. “You can tell me to visit all the corners of the earth, and I still would wait for Davy Jones himself at the end of my voyage to know that the job is done, lass. At least your crew has felt the end of it and can rest finally. You, however, will not have that luxury of death from torment for a very long time, until you are able to listen and do as you are asked.”

Then he heard the audible pop from her shoulder, and he couldn’t help but smile, leaning forward and looking over her. “Aww, are you starting to feel the pain now? Your one arm being pulled out of place. And soon enough, your other arm will be too. And then you’ll have to hold yourself up by the legs. Doesn’t that sound fun? Now, if you are nice enough, and tell me where I can find this ring, I will let you in on a little secret, and I’ll let you take a different position to fix your shoulder and make you more comfortable. Savvy?” He got up, moved to be in front of her, moving downward so he could take her chin with his hand, forcing her to look at him.

“I may be a British Officer, but I’m a man of my word. And I’m sure you will enjoy the secret that I am going to tell you. Hell, this could be your last great adventure.”

Rayleigh was prideful, strong willed, and stubborn. However, these qualities hadn't made her stupid. She was fighting a battle that, in her current state at least, she had no hope of winning. And she really did hate to lose. Still, the question was, could he truly be trusted? Couldn't he just kill her after she told him? Years of pirating and evading death made her incredibly distrustful of anything other than the stars that had guided her path for these five long years. "Very well. I will give you the location of that ring and in return you will unbind my arms and tell me this secret. Though I will promise you one thing. Unless you put a bullet into my skull now, this will not be my last adventure." She smiled, not a hateful or demeaning smile, but a truly happy one. She was a strange creature with many unwritten rules of conduct.

"To begin with, if you are to stay on your current course, you will be going the wrong way. The island where I have this treasure stashed is in the opposite direction, Southeast. I had actually stored the ring there and was leaving for another plunder when we ran into you. I estimate a four day trip, given good weather conditions. On this island are countless palm trees, but one is special. Though it may look alive, it is quite dead and had been hollowed out. There is where you will find this ring. However, it would behoove you allow me to show you the location of this tree, lest you spend weeks searching for it." She added her final sentence as a way to bargain for her life. She figured that if she could be of use, she could stay alive. "Now, what's this se-" She was cut off by another audible pop as her left arm continued to dislodge, except this time it was much more painful. Burying her face into her knees, she let out a muffled scream as her arms continued their relentless strain against the chains.

He listened to her, hearing her description of where they were suppose to go. The island sounded familiar to him, and he was sure that he would recognize the area when he got there. “There, was that so hard?” He asked, moving to her side. “This will hurt, but it’ll feel better than it does now.” He put a hand on her shoulder and her arm, and pushed, popping her shoulder into place. He grabbed a stool and lifted her up surprisingly easy, placing her to stand on it. “This will keep you from breaking your arms while I get course set.”

He turned from her, walking to the door and opening it. Two men stood ready in the doorway, and they watched her as he went on. He climbed to the wheel, speaking to the man there to change course, then to the skippy to send message to the other ship. By the time he was entering the Captains Quarters, they were already getting a affirmative response.

He was good on his word, taking the hook down and having her straight up, then uncuffing her, moving her hands to be in front and cuffing them there, all while the two men stayed at the door. After he put the iron wrap on the ceiling again, this time with her standing straight with arms raised, the doors were closed, leaving them alone again. “See, I am a man of my word, putting you in a better position, no? I can’t let you down, naturally, considering what you are, but I’m sure we will come to some sort of… agreement soon enough.” He sat back in his chair, looking up at her. “Now, I did say I would tell you the secret, didn’t I? Then let me tell you.

“That ring, it is more than a ring. The nobility of the house use that to show where their hidden treasures are. The family doesn’t know where they are, and found out how to find it only after the ring was stolen. You see, there’s a reason why the stone is so large…” He sat back, waiting for any questions for a half moment before continuing on. “The large gem has a map on it, and using a candle, one can put it onto a wall and see where the nobility’s treasure is. Call me a pirate or whatever you wish, but I am taking what they have given up so easily, then returning the ring.”

"Jackass." She had muttered as he gave the classic, 'was that so hard?' sentence that made little kids and adults alike cringe. She noted the soft touch of his hands as he came beside her to pop her shoulder back into place. Because Rayleigh was able to anticipate the pain she was able to hold back everything besides a soft grunt as he reassembled her limb into it's proper location. She was relieved when he returned to undo the bindings in the back, but disappointed to see them reestablished with her arms in the front. However, before she could call him a liar, he was quick to remind her of his original promise. Besides, she would have done much worse with a prisoner she wanted information from, so she couldn't really begrudge him. Still, she wanted out of these damn chains, so she asked, "And just what sort of agreement would allow me free usage of me limbs once more? I'm no dancer. Can't spend night and day with my arms held above me head like this you know." She complained.

Rayleigh's eyes went wide with interest and greed as she heard him explain the truth behind the highly guarded ring she had stolen. She mentally kicked herself for not finding this sooner, but nothing could be done about that now. Him? A pirate? "Nah, you can't call yourself a pirate. You're a coward. You hide behind the power of the British Navy, while a true pirate would rather hang from the gallows than cooperate with the likes of you stuffed shirts. A pirate would steal the ring themselves rather than hiding behind a twisted definition of justice. If it was me in this position, I would take the damn ring too...but that's the difference between us." She paused for a moment, after having established the clear differences between them, "But what you are is a smart and clever thief. A wolf in sheep's fur. I like it. But tell me, what is your plan after they pull away the skin and see you for what you really are?" She asked curiously with a smile on her face. "Surely the nobles aren't so stupid that they won't be able to figure out that you are the one that stole everything, or am I wrong?"

“You are a rather observant one.” He said, hands crossing over his chest as he looked over her. She really did have a wonderful form. He would have to… ah… make her more willing to accept his orders. “No, you can’t really say that I have become a coward, working behind the Navy. I did not learn of the map until after it was stolen. And either way, wouldn’t that be the smarter idea anyway, using one of the most strongest groups of naval combatants for your own use before retiring somewhere nice? As for the treasure, they wont know it is gone until they figure out HOW to read the map, then get there themselves. They would probably hire someone to do it, and think they stole it and hid it afterwards. They don’t like the sea too much.”

He sat there, thinking of what agreement to make with her to let her down from her hold. After a long moment, he thought of something. “I can be a very lenient man, and I won’t make you do much. As I’m sure you would love to get your hands on some of this treasure, I will cut you a deal. I have your word on penalty of death that you will not try to escape, or kill me or any of my men, and I will release you to be free of those shackles for as long as we are out at see. Savvy?”

He was speaking the truth, nobles really didn't like to get their hands dirty with anything, even if it was their own money. It made her laugh lightly as she heard him slightly mock the inability of the nobles to do something as simple as read a map. "I do have to admit, you sure do have this thought out. Hope it works out for you, I do. So, am I to assume that this entire crew is in on your scheme? Surely they can't be kept ignorant of your plan if you intend to take them along on this little quest of yours?" She was genuinely showing concern and interest in his success. Rayleigh was loving the scandal of a pirating Admiral who knew what he wanted and had the power to go get it. He was so different from any other man she had encountered and strangely, the more she talked to him, the more she liked him.

With a deep sigh, she stared up at the hook where her chain was and then back at him, wishing she could at least sit comfortably as he did staring at her outstretched form. She listened to his conditions and then smiled, "Alright, we have an accord. You set me loose and I swear on pain of death that I shant try to run or kill you or ye men. However, what should happen when we are no longer at sea?" She questioned the ending of his statement as she awaited eagerly to be unchained. "Oh, you wouldn't happen to have any good ale on this ship would you? I'm going to need a good pint and some bread if I am to go with you on this voyage." She grinned. It was true, she loved her ale dearly.

“Some of them know of my plans, yes.” He said, smugly satisfied that his ways were getting her enthralled with him. Maybe dealing with her would be easier than he though. “Only some of the higher ups, though, that I cut the deal with. They know the rules as well as I. Most of the small mans crew won’t be coming along onto land for the ring or the treasure of the noble family, of course.”

He stood up, slowly walking over to her, unashamedly looking over her body, hesitant to reach out and touch her just in case. “You have one magnificent body. You know, for a pirate.” He quickly picked up, removing the shackles from her hands, then getting the loop hook down from the ceiling, putting it away. “Please, sit. Sadly, the most I can offer you for the moment is limes unless you want a late supper. I have to keep a tight ship, you know. Though there is ale for meals.” He moved to sit down, looking her over.

“Now, what do I plan when we cannot be off shore any longer? I will have to think of an answer. You become more and more compliant, and it makes me less willing to give up such a beautiful, smart, and talented woman. What do you suppose I should do?”

Rayleigh had blushed as he scanned her body with his eyes. It was true, being the only female member of an all male pirate crew had made her subject to eyes, but never had anyone dared to touch her. On occasion, she would play with them a bit, tempting them to see if they would stick their hands in striking distance of a snake. Most of the time, they didn't have the courage. Not after seeing what she did to the poor fools who did. In the world of pirates, their lust for her body was also a bid for control. Should she falter, she would lose far more than her virginity. However, she couldn't help but to look over his body as he busied himself unstrapping her from the ceiling and complimented her body, "You know..." She purred softly, also surprisingly hesitant to touch him, "You shouldn't just say what you want...as the pirate that you are becoming...sometimes you just need to take.." She blushed, speaking of herself as something worth taking was a little forward, even for her. She was relieved to be able to sit down, but disappointed to hear about the ale. Leaning back in the chair and stretching her arms she groaned softly before settling back down, "If that is the case, then I would like some dried pork, two biscuits, broth, and a big sharing of ale if it is available on your ship." She spoke calmly, no longer feeling the need to be snarky or rude. In some strange way, they were on the same side, and that above all else, relaxed her. It was clear by the way she looked at him, no longer wide eyed or nervous, but calmly and in how she spoke. Strangely, she was enjoying her time here already.

The questioned he posed her was odd and she was unsure what would be a clear or desirable answer. She knew what she wanted, to be set free once more, but what did he want? "Henry...you flatter me, but I am only one of the things that you have listed. I am smart, which is what has allowed me to evade British hands up until this point...but beautiful and talented are words that I have never been called. Ruthless...devil...murderer....thief these are words that I am familiar with and have chosen to live by. That being said...perhaps it would be best for the society you protect if you killed me...because I won't ever stop." She spoke the last sentence barely above a hushed whisper as she stared directly into his eyes, her heart thumbing loudly against her chest.

He saw her looking over him in equal measure, and he knew what was on her mind almost as quickly as he noticed her eyes scanning him. It was the same thing on his mind. And as her teasingly toying voice reached his ears, he couldn’t help a smirk as he crossed his leg, leaning back in the chair a little. “Ah, but therein lies the problem.” He said, his voice playful and knowing, though a touch of seriousness to it. “While I could take what I wanted being a pirate or not, I am sure that trying to take what I wanted would cause a loss of digits.” His arms crossed as he rang a bell, a man coming in, and he quickly ordered her dinner. She could eat early. He left, closing the door behind him. “The difference from me and pirates,” He continued, as though uninterrupted. “Is that I will not maraud and kill helpless people on other ships. This mission I am doing for these riches is simply my revenge on a slight on me from the nobles, and a easy way to be rich in the process.

“And you have now been called beautiful and talented.” He said, leaning forward over the desk, looking at her closely. He waited a moment to ponder the rest of her words before answering, being careful in what he said. “As for killing you for society… I do not think I could do that. Not now, anyway. It would be a shame to have such a beauty die alone, without knowing a man’s body.” He made sure his face remained neutral. “As for you stopping, I had no intentions of having you full stop. I could use you as a underhand for what I am after. But, you will have to answer to me, and not slip up when being disguised. I will not be held responsible for keeping you alive. As it stands, we can have many more adventures on the seas after this one, if you are willing to take orders as well as you give them.”

She smiled slightly as he realized the consequences of grabbing fingers far more quickly than many other men before him. Only, in those cases, she was only after one digit and it was never located on their hands. "Very well...suit yourself...but what if I were to touch you? Hm?" She purred softly, leaning back in her own chair just as a person she assumed to be the cook walked into the room. While she trusted Henry, she didn't have any reason or faith to trust in this man. Her body tensed noticeably as she watched him carefully before he left the room once more. However, hearing his words, those about the difference between himself and pirates, made her focus back on him rather quickly. A small and sad smile appeared on her face as she began to speak, "Many a men I have heard say those same things. That they would not kill the innocent and only steal from those that have wronged them...but when it comes down to it, you will kill someone that really didn't deserve to die. Whether that is indirectly or by your own hand...doing those things will have an affect on you. Once you realize how much easier it is to take something from someone when they are dead...you will have a choice to make." She warned, speaking from personal experience as her eyes went dim and she seemed to be retracing her own steps all those years ago.

Snapping out of her train of thought, she quickly looked up at him with another bright smile that hid any painful memories, "The name is Rayleigh by the way. Don't bother looking for a last name, because I can't remember it. And I thank you for the compliment, though I feel it may be wasted on me." She leaned into him slightly as he described his desire not to punish her with death. She looked at him dead in the eyes before sighing, "Yes...that would be a shame wouldn't it?" She breathed listening to the potential plan to have her work for him, "I don't know how good I am at following orders...can't say I'm attuned to it. But I can say that I will try my best...if you will teach me." She finished just as the cook re-entered the room with what smelled like a delicious meal rather than the slops that she knew them to be. The diet was the only similarity between the pirates and the Navy, which made captivity far more bearable on the stomach.

“You would not understand my resolve in the issue, then.” He said, just as the door opened with the cook coming in with her food. “Right in front of her.” He said, pointing vaguely at the front of the desk. The man put the food down, put down the large mug of ale, then walked out, closing the door behind him. “Eat up. I can wait until you’re filled to speak.” And with that he was silent, now having the time to admire her beauty while she ate. Every so often he caught her eye, but he unashamedly returned the gaze.

It wasn’t long before the mug and plates were empty. “Feel better now?” He said, continuing on without waiting for the answer. “Now, if you wanted to touch me, I don’t think I would mind too much, depending on where and how. Be sure that you wouldn’t live to see the marks if you tried to touch with the tip of a blade.” He leaned back in his chair again, looking at her. “Now, was telling me that so hard, Rayleigh? Now that we’re on first name terms, yes, I can teach you how to take orders. It may seem nonsensical at first, but if you really want to be free of being killed, I would recommend being taught to take orders from me. Or try to learn on your own without getting hot headed on it. You will have your own control of people, as well, but you must be willing to do what I ask, without question. Even if you see no reason for what I tell you to do. Savvy?”

It was clear to her that they wouldn't see eye to eye on the issue of killing and she vaguely wondered if that would lead to problems in the future. However, rather than dwell on what has yet to pass, she quickly fixed her attention on the plate of food and ale in front of her. Normally, she would have already dug into the meal without a care in regards to his comfort as she ate, but she did want to show that she had been taught manners at at least the basic level. As careful as she was not to spill the ale on herself or cover her lips in the sauces of the meat she was quickly finished and satisfied. In truth, her crew had been running low on provisions and had been suffering the consequences for it. This would be apparent to anyone on her ship who would have trouble finding even a single sharing of food. Rayleigh was grateful for the chance to eat a good meal, even if it was provided by the very hand she had wanted to kill.

Rayleigh cringed as he used the simple line that all parents used on their children when trying to prove something wasn't as terrible as the child had made it out to be. Still, she didn't feel the need to say anything as he continued to inform her that she would indeed be in charge of a crew of men. She wondered just how much control he had over these men that they would follow the orders of a pirate, but chose not to question that for now. "I can't say I'll be perfect at it...but I'll give it a go..." She muttered, tilting her head back as she took the empty mug of ale, searching for even a drop to further help calm her nerves. "But I will tell you where I stand on this matter without further delay. I won't be restricted from killing my enemy if I know it will benefit you and therefore myself...Should you become my enemy in the process or betray me...then I won't hesitate to turn my blade on you either. You're no different from them in my eyes..." She said this carefully constructed truth that hid the identity of 'them' to try to see what his reaction would be. "After all..I am a pirate. Just because you have given your word that this ring has some sort of map leading to the noble's treasure, that you wish not to take me to port to have me hung, or to have the reward money collected for the large bounty on me head as any other Admiral would do, doesn't mean I should trust you with me life. You will find that trust isn't something I carry in me pockets. But for now...I will follow the orders that are given and will see to where they lead." She said, looking him dead in the eye as she spoke evenly and calmly.

“You forget just how well I can control my situations.” He said, tilting his head back slightly as he looked into her eyes. “If I remember correctly, it was you that was captured by me as you tried and failed to board an enemy ship and kill its captain. Sneaky and underhanded, sure, but would a pirate do no less? I suppose you could say that I out-pirated you in the situation.” He looked her up and down, this time visually sizing her up. “And if you would turn a blade on me, you would be good to know that I would be able to read your every intention. Your blade would do little against my wit and knowledge, dear girl.”

He stood, walking around to be near her, sitting on the edge of the desk. “You will trust me because you have no other reason to besides that death would be quick if you betrayed me. But, I think you would trust me for the fact that you have a chance at a cut of the treasure once we get it, and you could live a rather comfortable life compared to the gallows.” He tilted his head down, eyes lifting up to stay on her face. “Now, I trust you enough that I don’t have to test your ability to follow directions. So, to start, you have permission to kill any other man besides myself that touches you. I won’t have another man try to take his share of such beauty from you. For now, I want you on deck and giving directions to the ring. Is that understood?” He stood, going to the doors and opening them, heading out onto the deck. “We have some work to do, though if you are right, we can probably make it to the island by nightfall.”

"No...that I haven't forgotten...But I think you underestimate just how good I am with a sword in a fair fight, dear sir. A pirate crew full of horny and disgusting men don't follow the orders of a wench who isn't familiar with the use of a sword. We should have a mock duel just for fun sometime. See who would really win if we stand upon even ground." She smirked confidently. Obviously she believed that her blade could do a great deal of damage with or without his wit and knowledge as her enemy.

Rayleigh ran her fingers through her hair as he spoke, reminding her of all of the reasons she had to trust him. She then broke into a smile when she heard the permission given to kill any man, other than himself, that might touch her. It wasn't the act of killing that made her smile, strangely, it was his possessiveness over her that did. She leaned back in the chair, thinking about the time line and her ability to find the correct palm tree. In the day time was no problem as she had hidden discreet markers as a makeshift path, but she questioned her ability when it was night time. Besides, she wanted a night alone with him. For as he had leaned into her face, his eyes unashamedly searching her face and body, she had wanted nothing more than to be touched, felt, and ravished by him. The thought made her blush for a moment, but she quickly straightened up and replied, "For the interest of saving energy and time, it would be best to begin searching for the ring at day break after a night just off the coast. I can lead you to the stash in about thirty minutes with daylight...but without I'm not confident I can lead you to it at all." She warned as they walked on deck, Rayleigh taking a deep breath of the fresh sea air. She hadn't contemplated yet, but until now she wasn't sure that she would be able to do this again. To stand on the deck of a magnificent ship and breathe freely once more had been more than she could hope for. She was grateful to Henry, but was unsure how to show that just yet.

Rayleigh ignored the stunned stares she received for being up on deck unattended and began measuring the time of daylight that remained by taking the sun in between her thumb and forefinger. She then took that measurement and moved all the way down to the horizon, each measurement of the sun that past meaning another hour that they had left. It was a bit inaccurate, but was a method that had always served her well. She estimated that they had about four and a half hours left before the sun would no longer grace them with it's presence. "Boy, fetch me a quill and parchment! I have a map to draw." She instructed the ship's boy who raced to find what she had requested. Four hours passed quickly as Rayleigh sat near the control center of the ship writing down the directions as best she could should they choose not to take her on shore. Rayleigh told them to keep southwest and where they might find trouble from reefs and sand bars near the shore. It was sunset when the island came into clear view and they drifted just a few hundred meters from the sandy beach.

Back
Top Bottom