Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

caught in a b a d romance (closed)

SippieKup

Planetoid
Where the hell was he? What happened to the philosophy that twins were supposed to be inseparable, attached at the proverbial hip? She could barely keep track of her brother, but she knew of most of the places he frequented. So far she had been to the mall, to the arcade, to his girlfriend's house, and to the liquor store. She was sort of surprised when she found that the booze peddler hadn't seen hide nor tail of her brother. At twenty years old, he was too young to buy alcohol without getting carded. Unfortunately there was no shortage of people willing to buy it for him, or ignore the fact that he was slightly underage.

The last place to check was that record store her brother was always talking about. She had meant to check it out before now, but it kept slipping her mind what with school, family, friends, and other social activities. Willow pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and pulled at the mitten on her right hand with her teeth until her thumb was exposed, then called her brother. Of course he didn't answer. What was the purpose of having a mobile phone if it was nearly impossible to reach? She shook her head and sighed, watching her breath puff in the air and disappear before she put her phone back in her pocket and replaced her mitten.

The record store wasn't that far away from the liquor store. She didn't remember the name of the establishment, but she remembered where he told her it was. She found the place and entered quickly, looking forward to being out of the cold. How could it be so frigid when it wasn't even winter yet? She knew that global warming and climate change wasn't just a conspiracy, and this unusually cold autumn day was proof positive of the fact. She stood just inside the door, letting her skin absorb the warmth of indoors and she took off her mittens and stuffed them in another pocket. Once the pleasant sting wore off he moved further into the shop, finding her brother standing in the back staring down at something.

"God, you know how hard it is to find you sometimes? We should just put a tracker on you and monitor your movements with a GPS!" She exclaimed, reaching up to slap him in the back of the head. William jumped and cursed, rubbing the back of his head as he turned to look at her.

"What the fuck? Couldn't you just call me instead of stalking me?" He hissed at her.

"I did call, you ass. Maybe you should try answering your phone every once in a while." She replied, pulling her phone out of her pocket and showing him the call log.

sid-vicious.jpg

Simon had woken up hung over, which wasn't unusual. In fact it was the norm for him, if he woke up sober then he was having an off day and the night before had been far from an off one. After shutting down his store, a pretty decent day for the sales of comics and music, he had gone to the woman's shelter where he volunteered a few nights a week. Mothers usually were worried when the first saw him, he hardly conformed to the sort of person they wanted watching their children but after seeing how good he was at taking kids minds off of their problems they warmed up to him quickly.

Of course that night a soon to be ex husband had shown up drunk and ended up scaring his kids. Simon had done what he always did in this situation, taken the man aside in order to 'have a word' with im and as soon as he was out of site of the children beat the man until his fists were bleeding. This particular piece of shit had beaten his wife on more then one occasion while his children had begged him to stop. Simon hadn't stopped until he had begged for mercy himself.

From there it had been to the towns one and only underground club for the Punk, Industrial, and Goth scenes. From about ten until three AM he was there drinking and enjoying himself. The only pity being that every girl there was someone he already knew, as a long time member of the underground scene he had made the rounds and the club was filled with bitter ex girlfriends as well as ex girlfriends who were looking to patch things up and start all over again. Though he had ended up going home with a rather regularish booty call, a goth by the name of Ashley.

So he hadn't just woken up hungover but he had woken up disgusted with himself, he really needed to find something a little more serious, twenty four years old and he was still fooling around with the same girls that he had been getting tired of when he was eighteen. Still there hadn't been time to get all depressed about the lack of progress in his life, so he had hurried Ashley out the door before making his way to Schuster's, opening the store and trying to make coffee strong enough to cure his hangover.

The regulars came, the regulars went and Simon got better to the sounds of the Sex Pistols while reading back issues of Superman, then she came in... he had no idea who she was but the sight of the red head took his breath away, she was talking to a semi regular by the name of William, Simon didn't him all that well but knew that he had to do something, just standing there and staring at her was far to creepy a thing to do.

“Hey, your definitely a lot better looking then most of the regulars we get in here.” Simon greeted Willow in an attempt at humor, trying to smooth down his wild hair. “Can I help you find anything, an old back issue or a vinyl album?”

"No, thank you. I'm just here to get my stupid brother." She replied, glaring at her brother as she insulted him. He rolled his eyes and continued to browse through the selection of music in front of him. She rolled her matching green eyes right back at him before she turned and gave her attention to the employee that had approached her.

Her eyes automatically went to his hair, which was wild and stuck up in every which direction. It reminded her of those rockstars on the covers of those albums she and her brother used to listen to with their fuck-the-mainstream attitudes and devil-may-care hairstyles. Her brain automatically labeled him as a bad boy and warned her to stay away, but the sight of him made her stomach flutter.

"Hi." She sounded pathetically breathless even to herself. She shook her head slightly and stood up as straight as she could. "I pass this store all the time. Plus Buttwipe here tells me about this place all the time. I've been meaning to stop in for a while now." She said, pointing her thumb over her shoulder at William, who turned and moved further away from them. "Interesting place you've got here." She added lamely. Willow cringed inwardly at her awkwardness. People usually told her it was an endearing quality. Still, she could almost kick herself.

Back
Top Bottom