Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Freshman Fridays and Anxiety Attacks (Faolan and Blistered)

During the whole walk back to their dorm room, Jeffrey's face soon became one of pure concern for the time being as the two soon came back into the hallway and turned back to the room the two were sharing and watched as Mia struggled to open the door to let herself inside of it. Once in, Jeffrey moved his hands off of her as he watched the neko virtually collapse on the bed in a trembling heap. It was clearly obvious to him at this point. She was an absolute wreck and it would definitely take some time for her to settle down. Hohboy... He thought as he stood there with the same look. Something tells me I'm gonna be here for a while. He added as he then walked into the room next and shut the door behind him after pressing a sneakered foot into it before walking over to Mia's shaken form and bent his knees down to then squat down onto his tiptoes, eyeing the poor neko's paled face as he very lightly extended a hand out to her and gently rubbed her shoulder.

Mia found herself scooting a little closer to the edge of the bed. Her hands weren't trembling as bad now and each breath came a little easier than the last. Normally the neko would shy away from the touch of another, but his hand was warm and soothing. She laid still, letting him rub her shoulder. Blue eyes looked into his. She kept Isamu close to her chest, petting the soft kitten as he purred.

“Thank you.” Her voice was still a little shaky, but she seemed to be feeling much better now. She seemed to be enjoying his touch, scooting just a little closer to the edge of the bed, letting her body relax a little more. Her fluffy tail moved from around her leg and twitched softly on the bed.

Nodding in reply, Jeffrey kept his hand on Mia's shoulder, rubbing it softly as he kept his eyes of blue on her own as he watched her keep the kitten at her chest, listening to it purr into her. Just as he figured, Jeffrey soon began to think again at this point. He knew that he was going to be hanging around for a while until he saw that she was convincingly settled down long enough for a second try and hopefully she didn't collapse on him again. But not right now, of course. Besides, he was just a witness to her first near-breakdown of the morning and the chances of it happening again were possibly higher. But then again, that was also why they invented take-out.

At that, Jeffrey snapped his fingers when the idea came to his mind and smiled a bit before he looked at her once more. "Hey, how about this? How about I order some take out for us instead? Besides, I know a couple of places that has some good stuff." He said with the same smile on his face.

“Do any of them have fish?” Mia sat up slowly, Isamu settling down in her lap. She scratched behind his ears, causing him to purr even louder. She seemed to perk up a little at the thought of food. Soft ears twitched and her head tilted slightly to the side as she watched him. He was being so nice to her...He could have just left her there and gone off to get his own food. But instead he had stayed there by her, and even suggested getting take-out for the both of them. Mia knew there was no way she would be able to wander back out into the hallway now. She was feeling much better, but a trip to the cafeteria might have to wait until later on, when the hallways were a little more clear.

Jeffrey nodded in reply as he watched Mia eventually sit up in front of him now, and with that, he would also stand up normally now as he lifted a hand up to his chin in thought as to what place would serve up fish as take out. Obviously, there was a few seafood joints that he knew of that would deliver to this place, so that was an option. "I know a couple of places that do, to be honest." Jeffrey answered as he then lowered his hand to his side and then smiled at her naturally now. "Whaddaya want, anyway?" He then asked with a shrug of his shoulders.

Mia thought quietly for a moment. She wasn't a very picky eater, especially when it came to seafood. Isamu was a little more picky, but he loved seafood as much as Mia did.

“I just want fish. Any kind will do-I'm not very picky, and neither is Isamu.” Hearing his name, the kitten mewed and looked up at her. Seeing that she had calmed back down, he jumped off her lap and ran across the room, jumping up on top of her desk. He sat down on her laptop, licking one of his paws. Mia giggled softly, watching him. That reminded her...she would have to send an email to her parents later on tonight, and tell them about her first day. She thought about leaving out her little attack, just to keep them from worrying. They were unsure about sending her, even though it had been their decision from the beginning. Mia understood their decision, even if it left her alone in a strange school, always surrounded by people. They just tried to do what they thought was best for her.

"Any kind of fish, huh?" Jeffrey asked as he then lifted a hand up to his chin and itched it for a moment. "Well, when you put it like that, I suppose I'll have to place an order at the one seafood place that wasn't really all that far from here. Now all he needed was a phone in order to call them and place the order.

With that in mind, Jeffrey began to pat himself at his uniform pants, pondering if he could find his phone there, but when it was, he would then then go to his desk on the opposite side of the room and opened up one of the drawers there, spotting his cell phone inside of it with a little smile on his face before he reached inside of it, taking it out and holding it in his hand for a moment as he then operated it, fiddling through his contacts until he eventually found the number he was looking for.

With that, Jeffrey pressed the send button onto it before he lifted it up to his ear, waiting for someone to answer on the other end. When he finally got someone from the seafood joint in question, he relayed to him that he was looking to order two shrimp platters and once the order was placed, Jeffrey was informed with how long it would be, thanking the man on the other end before hanging up.

Looking back over, Jeffrey would then place the phone into his pocket and smiled at Mia a bit before he walked over to his bed and sat in it. "Shouldn't be long. Give it about 10 to 15 minutes and we'll have some breakfast." He said.

Mia watched curiously as he searched for his phone, stretching out on her bed in a rather cat-like manner. Her ears twitched and she laid on her stomach. She listened as he ordered two shrimp platters, her tail twitching eagerly. Mia was starving now, and shrimp was one of her absolute favorites.

Isamu stretched, then jumped off of the desk. He jumped up onto Jeff's desk, sniffing around curiously. Mia watched the kitten. She was feeling much better, and the promise of food seemed to make her perk up more. Bare legs stretched out more, enjoying the feel of the soft blanket against her smooth skin. Blue eyes continued to watch Isamu as he inspected the room more.

By now, Jeffrey smile a bit at Mia as he watched her lay there on her stomach on the bed across from him, somehow being reminded of Socko and how he would do the same thing whenever he was around the room, being all stretched and comfy on the bed and all that. It honestly brought a little chuckle onto his face for a moment before he looked back down to his phone, looking at the digital clock there and saw that it was 8:25 now. Still plenty of time to eat and maybe even converse with the female neko for a little while before he had to get up and go to class.

After a moment, he then spotted Isamu hop down from Mia's desk and sauntered over to his own and leaped up onto it before he began to sniff around. "Hey," He said to the kitten before scooting over to his desk and then reaching a hand out to Isamu to then gently pet his back with a little laugh. "Whadda you doin'?" He said to him in a playful tone of voice. "Whaddaya doin' there?" He asked again before turning his attention over to Mia once more.

"That also reminds me. We're gonna have to get this little guy a catbox, kitty food and a couple of bowls." Jeffrey noted.

Isamu mewed at Jeff before flopping over onto his side, clearly enjoying the attention. He began to purr, swatting playfully at Jeff's hand. The kitten wanted to play.

“Yes. He will need them today. Where could I go to buy them?” Mia shifted a little to look at him. Her mom and dad had given her a little money for things she might want or need, and she was very thankful that they had. Isamu didn't eat a lot, but he was a growing kitten and he needed more than an adult cat would need. He would need a few toys as well. She didn't want to leave him locked up in the room all day without something to do. Isamu would get bored.

Looking back to Isamu as he felt him swatting at his hand, Jeffrey looked at the little kitten and grinned at him a bit before he took a hold of the little runt and lightly pushed him down onto the desk before he began to tickle at his belly, his fingers quickly moving up and down on it with a playful cackle. "Ah! Gonna get'cha!" He spoke before looking over to Mia.

"I think I saw a couple of places when I was on my way here." Jeffrey said in his normal tone of voice. "Come to think of it, we can head out after we get our food down our stomachs. How about that, eh?" Jeffrey asked with a smile.

Isamu swatted at his hand more. When Jeff looked over to Mia, the kitten took the opportunity to swat him on the cheek, careful to keep his claws tucked in so Jeff didn't get hurt. Isamu quickly jumped off the desk. He ran over to Mia's bed, jumping up beside her.

“Such a silly kitten.” Mia giggled. She looked at Jeff as he spoke to her, seeming much more alert than she had been earlier.

“That...sounds nice...” She seemed a little hesitant about going out again. Mia didn't want to be surrounded by all of those people again, and start to have another attack.

At first, Jeffrey didn't seem to notice the fact that Isamu had was still kept swatting at his hands the more he tickled the kitten's belly, but when he got popped in the cheek by Isamu, he looked down at Isamu and then gave him a playful looking pout before he kept tickling the kitten's belly a little more aggressively before he saw Isamu get away from him and hop back over to Mia's side. "I'll get you for whacking me in the face later, peewee." He said as he shook a finger at Isamu.

"But yeah, it'd do us all some good. Plus, it'll get you some air, too." Jeffrey added as he looked over ro Mia.

Mia giggled and curled up slightly, scratching Isamu behind his ears. He flopped over onto his side and began to swat at her hand. She ignored it and rubbed his belly, the kitten eventually stopping and laying still, purring.

“Isamu is a good kitten. He just gets a little frisky sometimes, even though he really does want his belly rubbed. You just have to ignore it and pet him anyways. Eventually, he stops.”

Mia said nothing else about going out again. She still felt uneasy about it but they needed to get supplies for Isamu. She would just have to be a little more brave, like a neko ought to be. Mia didn't know of any other nekos who were terrified of being around large groups of people. The few others she did know that were close to her age loved being the center of attention and would do whatever they could to draw attention towards themselves. Mia did whatever she could to stay OUT of the spotlight.

"Yeah, he is a good cat. He's still a little brat for swattin' me in the face, though." Jeffrey answered with a small chuckle as he then took a seat in his desk chair with a smile on his face then crossed one leg over the other as he continued to sit there then rested an elbow up on the desk and placed his chin in it with a thoughtful look on his face.

Jeffrey could sense Mia was a little bit uneasy about the whole "going out" thing, seeing that her body was still tense from earlier. He wasn't exactly so sure about why this was the case, but perhaps in due time she would tell him as to why she panicked so easily. But then again, she might not be able to explain it to him so easily. All he knew now was that he was responsible for her if in case she did freak out again.

After some time, Jeffrey would then hear a knock on the door, causing him to veer his attention up to it before getting up from his desk with a little groan then headed over to it, opening it to see that the delivery man was now standing there with their food. "Ah! Here we go!" He said as he exchanged words with him for a moment as well as the money needed to pay for the delivery then thanked him afterward.

Once that was done, Jeffrey first nudged the door closed by tossing his hip into it before he brought the bag over to the center of the room with the same smile on his face before sitting down in front of Mia as he then opened it, looking into it as he began to scope out what was there for them to eat. "Lessee..." He muttered to himself as he looked into it. "Yep. Two seafood platters." He spoke again as he looked up to Mia a short moment later.

If he ever asked, Mia would be unable to explain why she had the attacks. She was unsure of the reason herself. All she knew was that crowds of people made her extremely anxious.

Mia's ears twitched as she heard the delivery man approach. She sat up quickly, ears straight up on top of the head. Blue eyes looked to the door right before the man knocked. After Jeffrey paid for the food and moved over in front of her, she scooted closer to the edge. Mia sniffed the air eagerly, Isamu mimicking her as he moved to sit in her lap. The smell of the shrimp made her stomach grumble loudly.

“It smells delicious.”

With that, Jeffrey would then put his hand into the bag and brought out one of the big Styrofoam containers and placed it beside Mia along with some plastic silverware on her bed with a smile on his face. "There ya go. Make sure Isamu there gets some too. After that, dig in!" He said with a chuckle as he picked up the other container for himself and sauntered over to his own bed and sat down with it in his lap, took one of the plastic forks out of its wrapper and began to use it to pluck out one of the fire roasted shrimp tails out of the container and put it to his mouth, biting into it and chewing on it a few times before swallowing it down.

One more glance to his phone showed that it was now 8:30. One hour before I gotta go to class. Jeffrey thought as he then glanced up to Mia with a bit of concern on his face. I hope she's gonna be OK while I'm out. Besides, I still gotta give her a tour of the place afterward. He thought.

Mia took the Styrofoam container that he hand set beside her on the bed. She opened it eagerly and picked out a piece of shrimp with her fingers, offering it to Isamu. The kitten took the shrimp and jumped down onto the floor, where he eagerly began to gobble it down. Mia took her fork out of its wrapper and paused for a moment, enjoying the scent of the roasted shrimp.

“Thank you for breakfast.” Mia gave him a soft smile, then began to eat. She tossed Isamu another piece of shrimp to keep him busy for a little while. As the two ate, a soft purring filled the room. A louder, deeper purr came from Isamu as he finished his first shrimp. The second purr was much softer and barely audible, and seemed to be coming from the neko as she ate.

"Not to worry about a thing, Mia. Besides, I said I'd get you some food and now, we can eat!" Jeffrey answered with a little laugh as he continued to eat, taking another shrimp tail and popped that into his mouth chewing on it a few times as he then began to hear a progressively loud series of purrs in the room. One of them came from Isamu - that much he knew for certain! - and the other was coming from the neko, he assumed. Right. I keep forgetting that cats are mental about fish. Jeffrey thought as a bead of sweat rolled off the side of his head at the thought of this.

After a moment as he continued to eat, Jeffrey paused to look up at Mia and arched a brow at her. "So tell me a bit more about yourself. What are your favorite hobbies and all that stuff?" He asked, decding on getting to know her a little bit more.

The purring continued, Mia tossing another shrimp to Isamu as he finished his second piece. She didn't even have to turn her head to look as see if the kitten was done yet. Mia already knew. She had already eaten three of the shrimp herself and was starting on a fourth when he spoke. Her purring stopped as Jeffrey asked her what her favorite hobbies were. Mia turned her head to look at him.

“I like to draw a little. I'm not very good. I kind of like gardening too. I like how pretty they look and smell. They make me feel better when I'm upset. Sometimes I walk through the forest by my home and draw all the flowers I see in there.” Mia's voice trailed off. She was thinking of her spot-the one place she could always be found if she wasn't at home in her room. It was a small meadow over an hours walk from her house, deep in the heart of the forest. It was filled with flowers of every shape, size, and color. Mia loved to spend all day in the meadow, drawing pictures of the different flowers and watching butterflies flutter over her head. She was never scared when she was surrounded by all those flowers...

Jeffrey nodded at her hobbies when she listed them off to him while he continued to eat from where he sat, keeping his eyes on her the whole time. So she's more of an artist type, he figured as he took another shrimp tail and flipped it into his mouth, munching on it quietly before seeing her trail off, noting that her expression took on a more thoughtful look now. He wondered what it was she was thinking about, indicating by him arching a brow at her curiously then lifted a knee up as he set his container of food down near his other leg then placed an arm up over his knee, letting that respective hand dangle downward as he kept his eyes on her face.

"Maybe you got a few samples for me to take a look at? Besides, I'll bet you're better than you say you are." Jeffrey commented.

“I did bring my sketch book with me...” Mia seemed a little uneasy. She very rarely showed anyone her drawings, even her parents. She gobbled down one more piece of shrimp before setting the Styrofoam container on her bed. Mia bent over, reaching for something under the bed. After a minute or two she pulled out a box and sat down beside Jeffrey, opening it. Inside was a couple of dried flowers, several dried petals from a variety of other flowers, a small handful of drawing pencils as well as colored ones, and a brown sketchbook bound with rope. She moved the flowers aside gently, pulling out the sketchbook. Mia paused a moment before handing it to him.

Mia was actually an excellent artist. The angles she has chosen to draw the flowers at had amazed her parents the few times she had shown them her work. Mia noticed small details that few others saw, and had paid very careful attention to them. One of the first drawings he would see was a close up of a snow colored, bell-shaped flower that hung downward, a single droplet of water rolling off of one of the pointed petals. Special attention had been paid to the shape of the droplet and how the sunlight reflected off of it. No background had been drawn in-it was just a single flower on a stem that had been full of other bell-shaped flowers.

Soon enough, Jeffrey was given the sketchbook Mia handed to him, looking at the various pictures that were there. After flipping through a few pages, he arched his eyebrows with a little bit of surprise on his face, nodding a few times before he looked up to Mia with the same astounded look on his face.

"You know Mia," Jeffrey said after continuing to look through the various pages of art. "These are... Well. Pretty damn good!" He said with the same astounded look on his face as he looked up to her and smiled at her rather widely as he looked back down to the sketchbook again, continuing to peruse it.

Mia watched anxiously as he flipped through her drawings. His compliment made her blush, pale cheeks turning a rosy red. Her parents had always told her she was very good, but she thought they only liked her work because they were her parents. To have someone else compliment her artwork...

“Thank you..” Mia smiled, scooting closer to Jeffrey, watching as he continued to flip through the sketchbook. The last drawing was one of Isamu stalking a large yellow butterfly. He looked more like a miniature panther, Mia having paid attention to how carefully the kitten had positioned himself, ready to pounce on the butterfly. In this drawing, Isamu was the way Mia saw him-strong, confident...fearless. Everything she was not.

When Jeffrey spotted this one particular page, Jeffrey once again paused on it and sat there, not noticing that Mia had scooted closer to him as he saw this picture, smiling at it in the same manner and even laughed at it a little bit, already thinking of a funny caption he would've put on it in the same manner that most people would've done on websites like ICanHazCheeseburger and the like. And yet, there was something about this that he could visibly see and even admire Mia's attention to detail for.

After looking through the picture one more time, Jeffrey glanced over to Mia and smiled at her broadly with one more chuckle as he then closed the book before handing it back to her. "You really are something else, you know?" Jeffrey asked. "I swear, you must have a very good eye for stuff like this." He added.

Back
Top Bottom