Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A problem with milk

Ivy Walker

Banned
Banished
Alright for the past several weeks whenever my husband and I buy milk from the store, it goes bad before it should. The refrigerator is working fine and the expiration dates are at least two weeks from when we purchase it. This time, we bought milk on Monday and it is already smelling sour today(I made something using it on Monday evening and it was still alright). I cannot figure it out. Is there something that might be causing this that we don't know about? What would you recommend to help with this problem? Because I'm stumped and at a lack on how to fix it.

Is it generally the same brand you're buying? It could be that you are opening the refrigerator too much xD other than that I got nuffin.

I've noticed that some brands - especially cheaper ones - simply go bad more often than others.

Hmmm, yeah, we do get the same brand every week. Okay, thank you. We'll try and get a different brand and see if it doesn't change.

I find that lactase treated milks go bad much more slowly. They're also sweeter, with with the milk sugars being metabolized already, so you get, like, twice the amount of the resulting sugar over the original. Or maybe I'm full of bull. In any case, they tend to last longer and are gentler on digestive tracts that don't produce a lot of the enzyme.

Drinking from the carton can do that.

Also, make sure your refrigerator is set to a cold setting.

Clean your fridge?

Meh, go with a different brand.

Back
Top Bottom