Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Music and I)

As Allyson brought them closer, Malacai demurely looked away. But as the princess her laid against his chest, the thief reluctantly looked down at her. "I... I'm fine, Princess... it will take more than that to bring a D-" he stopped, attempting to correct himself, "me down." he replied as his arms took hold of her and gently embraced her.

"Malacai, are you afraid to admit who you are?" she asked as she closed her eyes as she relaxed into the embrace. But slowly, she looked up and gently placed a hand on his cheek. "Never mind, do not answer. Come on, we should head back to my room so you can rest. No matter if you're a Delucian or not...I still want you to rest." she added softly as she gently kissed him on the lips before she pulled back with a small smile.

Malacai was relieved to hear her order to stay quiet. With a slow nod, he led her back to her room. Clutching his side once more as he got into bed, he laid back as he waited for Allyson to follow suit.

"We'll... We'll figure something out, Princess..." he assured her.

When they got back to her room, Allyson made sure that Malacai was in the bed before she moved over to her window and looked outside. "I'll join you in a bit. I cannot sleep just yet." she admitted as she crossed her arms under her breasts. She needed to think about what had happened since Malacai arrived. She was still worried about her dreams and even his assuring did not calm her.

"This is something that cannot be changed. Just focus on recovering, the sooner you are healed the better." she offered as her eyes moved to look at the darkened horizon. It was obvious that she was worried, but she did not want Malacai to worry.

"Don't be stubborn, Princess. Destiny, fate... they can always change..." Malacai replied with a sigh as he closed his eyes. With a soft groan, he quickly fell asleep...

Once she was sure that Malacai was sleeping, the Princess moved over to the bed and sat down before she slowly laid down and closed her eyes. Even with the vision-like nightmares she was having, she knew she needed sleep. Slowly, her body relaxed as she rolled onto her side and let sleep take over and for the first time that night, it was not a nightmare.

With a sharp gasp and his eyes snapping open, Malacai awoke as he stared at the ceiling. After a second, he slowly looked at Allyson with a small smile and worried expression as she continued to sleep. With a soft grunt, the young man slipped from the bed and stood up.

Although his presence there was obviously forced, he couldn't help but feel like he was needed there... to protect her with his life. And was just what he would do. Walking over to the window, he waited for her to awake as he rubbed his eyes.

((Sorry for the delay.))

Surprisingly, Allyson was able to feel the presence of Malacai leave her side as she slept and once he was at the window, her eyes opened slightly before they closed again. "Malacai..." she murmured before she sat up. Soon, she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him gently as she rested her head against is back.

"Those dreams did not come to me...it felt nice. Thank you." she said softly as she moved to stand next to him. For once since she had first seen Malacai, she seemed to be calm and relaxed.

Malacai faintly heard Allyson's words, and lifted his arms as she wrapped her around his waist. "Good morning, Princess." he said calmly, placing them back down to embrace her hands.

"I'm glad, though I do not know what I did to help," he responded truthfully, turning around in her arms to place his hand at her hips.

Looking up at him, she tilted her head before she smiled slightly, "I felt safe...knowing that you were near me. Even in our sleep, you were protecting me..." she explained. Though right after she said that, a small frown came to her face, "How is your wound feeling?" she asked curiously with a look that stated that if she did not like his answer, she would order him to lay back down.

In a way, it felt weird that she was worrying about a guy. Never had she shown any true concern with a male since they either looked at her in hopes of going to bed with her or they looked at her as a vulnerable being that needed to be protected at all times. Because of those thoughts, she had started hating the male population leaving only a few exceptions. She only hoped that none of the staff at the castle would get any wrong ideas about her and Malacai.

Malacai was about to reply, but in the end accepted her answer. Of course he would defend when asleep, but how fast would that be compared to if he awake? Not a chance he was willing to risk, that was for sure.

The young Delusian glanced down at the bandages and slightly flexed his abdomen. It was still a bit sore, but it didn't hurt as much. "It's fine now. I might be leaving soon," he said, still trying to tell himself that the wound was the only reason he was staying. But, deep inside he knew that wasn't true, but did she?

"Do you have a shower room I can occupy? I think it would be best to get cleaned before we leave," he asked curiously, turning around as placed his hands on her arms, squeezing her reassuringly.

At the answer, her body tensed slightly as her gaze lowered slightly. Even her status could not hold him there. She knew how stubborn his people were and she already knew that he was just like the rest of the Delucians. "Just take it easy. There is still a possibility that it can reopen...if that is the case, then I might not be able to do anything about it." she offered.

Once he placed his hands on her arms, she looked up at him before she nodded, "I have a private bathroom. It is through the door next to the wardrobe." she explained as she looked over at the plain wooden door, "I'll call a maid in to draw up a bath." she added as she slowly stepped away from him. As she turned, her face resumed its usual semi-coldness as she opened the door and summoned a maid, who after the order, went to draw the bath.

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Malacai responded, waving off her concern as she walked to the door. He briefly sat down on the bed, resting for a moment as he waited for the bath to be ready. Once it was, the Delusian stood up and strode inside, not bothering to close the door as he pulled down the pants he wore, revealing his toned legs that were perfect for what he did, and his sizable length which was still flaccid. With a sigh, he stepped into the hot bath and leaned back, relaxing a bit as he closed he eyes.

After he was in the bath, she moved over to her wardrobe and rummaged through it. She pulled out a pair of pants and a matching shirt before she turned and went over to her vanity to work on her hair. "How soon will you be leaving?" she asked, just loud enough for him to hear. She knew that she would have to hide it from her father. But if he left, then that meant that the nightmare-ish vision she had was only a nightmare.

As she sat at the vanity brushing her hair, she looked at the mirror and was surprised to see tears falling from her eyes. With a small sigh, she wiped the water droplets from her eyes and looked down as she set the brush down. She was confused as to why she was crying. There was no way that she could actually have affectionate emotions towards Malacai. Without another glance, she threw her hair up in a bun before she changed into the dark purple pants and lavender top that was quite baggy. Slowly, she moved over to the bathroom and leaned against the door post as she stared at the floor, "Where would you go? I will not let you take the object that you originally came for...so you might be targeted for that." she murmured as she folded her arms under her chest.

Instinctively, Malacai remained nonchalant about the entire matter of him leaving. "Don't know. As soon I can free-run without getting hurt, I suppose," he replied, not opening his eyes as he spoke.

He heard enter the bathroom, and looked over to her to see her gaze at the floor. "It's fine, Princess. You couldn't see anything good from where you are, anyway," he said with a chuckle and smile before his expression turned serious. "I'm not going to take it. Not worth it, anyway... I suppose I'll have to move; probably down south. Hey," he said, getting a weird idea, "You should come with me." he said, though with his smile it was hard to tell whether he was serious or not.

At his suggestion, her eyes widened slightly before they closed as she shook her head slightly. "It would look like you kidnapped me...I would also be running from the attack." she explained rather calmly. "If you leave...be careful. And do not leave during the day. Leave the same way you entered." she added as she stopped leaning against the wood and opened her eyes.

Without a word, she turned and walked towards the bedroom door before she opened it, "I will be in the library if you need me." she called out as she stepped out into the corridor and closed the door behind her. With her head held high and a cold look in her eyes, she walked towards the library without looking back. She needed to think and to organize her thoughts. Everything was confusing her, and being confused was something that she was not fond of being.

"Isn't that for the best, though? How the hell could we stop something like that?" Malacai replied, turning his head to look at her before she left. He muttered under his breath as he looked back up at the ceiling. Would the Delusian be considered a coward if he left? But the attack couldn't even be real; as far as he knew, he was the only one of his kind. But he knew he couldn't leave Allyson, for whatever reason.

With a small grunt, he stepped out of the bath and undid the soaked bandages around his waist, exposing his gently pulsing wound. "Argh..." he groaned, looking around for another set of bandages, too busy to hear the door open. As he began to dry his hair out with a towel, he heard the sharp clatter of bath soaps falling from the maid's grasp. His eyes quickly looked up and realized that he was blatantly exposing himself to her. With a swift movement, he covering himself with the towel and chuckled gently.

"I apologize, Miss!" he said with a nervous smile. He watched as she quickly left the room, leaving the things on the floor. With a relieved sigh, he wrapped his wound again before picking the stuff up and leaving the bathroom, covering himself just in case.

After a few minutes, Malacai casually walked down the hallway with clothes that fit him, along with his prized silver dagger. Just as he entered the library, he saw the very same maid walking up to Allyson and telling her of what she saw. "Ah, crap..." he muttered, waiting to see what happened.

The Princess was sitting in the same spot that she had the night before, staring at the magical item that lonely sat on the small table in front of the chair. Hearing the maid's voice, Allyson looked up and sighed, "No matter who is occupying the room, you are to knock. He thought he was alone, and so there was no need to close the door. I had already informed him that I would be here." she explained before her gaze returned to the object, silently dismissing the maid.

Once she was sure the maid left, her head lowered, "Me leaving would be for the best. But, there are a few people that would know that I knew about the attack. I would be labeled as a coward and a traitor. I need to stay here." she murmured as she brought her legs up and held them tightly to her chest.

Malacai was relieved to have dodge that arrow, but was also a bit confused as to why her reaction wasn't more... surprised? However, he ignored it and crouched down, looking at her.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Would you rather be labeled a coward... or dead?" he asked seriously. "It's your father's fault anyway; it's no of your concern, or mine." he looked at the door and sighed. "We better get going; who knows, my place might already be ransacked!"

"The thief is getting rather bold. Not only did you use my room to hide and tell me that you plan to escape after I persuaded my father to spare your life, but now you are saying that you will not take no for an answer." she pointed out as she stood up and turned to look at Malacai before she moved over to a bookshelf and looked at the books. After a minute of looking, she grabbed one that had no title on it and so she pulled it out and opened it.

"Being labeled a coward would mean that I would have died in my people's hearts. You and I know that there is only one way that I am leaving here with you. The question is, do you want to sacrifice your life in attempt to force me out." she murmured as she flipped the pages before she found the page she was looking for. On the left was a picture of Allyson wearing an outfit similar to the one she was currently wearing. The only difference was that she was wearing a cloak along with a sword strapped to her back and she had a dagger strapped to her leg. On the other page was a drawing of Malacai, bandaged wound and all. The only thing wrong with everything was that the drawing was dated five years ago.

"I'm a stubborn boy. So sue me," Malacai replied with a smug smirk, shrugging casually. He moved to the side as she walked to the bookcases, and watched her legs move once again; it didn't matter what she was wearing, her legs still moved as sexy as hell. As she came back tot he table, he jumped up with a slight flinch, annoying his wound as he looked at the book as she flipped through the book.

He listened to her question and begun to seriously consider the answer, wondering to himself if she was worth the threat of getting killed over. In the end, he already decided. "Yeah, I would." he replied, placing his right hand on hers, impeding her movement to turn the page for a moment as he embraced it gently, "I'm sorry if my next words insult you, but frankly, I don't give a flying fuck. Your life is worth more to me than the people of this kingdom. Or any kingdom, for that matter," he determined, then noticed the terribly accurate drawings of both he and her just as they were right then. His eyes widened in confusion. "Wh-Where did you..?" he couldn't get the words right; there was no way she could have drawn that last night!

As she listened to his rude, yet honest comment, she looked up at him and raised an eyebrow slightly before she smiled slightly. "Read the next page. I will resist leaving...but, it seems that there is a major flaw in my fighting stance. Tomorrow night, my father will be gone as will half of the guards. That is when they will strike." she explained as she handed the book to Malacai before she picked up the magical item and stared at a small engraving on the bottom of it.

"Malacai...I was not talking about you getting killed by guards. The only way I'd leave is if I was kidnapped. You would have to fight me, and win to succeed in getting me away from harm. But, in your current state, the only way you will win is if you believe what I wrote five years ago." she offered as she looked down.

Malacai turned the page, reading her writing, his eyes getting wider with each sentence. "No way..." he said, reading it again, sitting down to look at the words more thoroughly. His breath was briefly caught in his throat, trying to process this "vision" in writing. "That... that's too soon. I need to heal; fuck..." he said absentmindedly.

His confusion was enhanced even further as she spoke about him not getting killed by the guards. "What are you talking about? Why would I need to fight you?" he asked, his heart being tugged in pain for an unknown reason.

~What was written ago five years ago~
Another thief will come to take the artifact. However, he will hide in my room. After persuading Father to keep the agile thief as my personal body guard, we will get very close even to the point that he does not close the door when he bathes. Though, even with him around, I will still be feeling uneasy. Since a week before the thief is to arrive, nightmares will plague me about Delucians along with other enemies of my father attacking the castle on a night he leaves. I am as stubborn as the thief is and I will refuse to leave no matter how much I truly want to escape. I will tell him that the only way to get me away from harm is to kidnap me. I will also tell him the weakness in my fighting style is written in here. The thing is, my fighting style is only good in appearance. I have many holes that the guards do not let me see. If the thief decides to kidnap me, he will just need to engage in a serious fight with me. I have no fighting experience, I will freeze up.

Allyson looked at him before she looked down, "I love my people and the kingdom. If I abandon them at a time like this, I would rather be dead. I have known about this for a while. I had only hoped that it was a nightmare. However, if I were to be taken against my will...I would feel guilty about not being strong enough to stay, but there would have been nothing I could do." she explained as she walked over to Malacai and leaned over the chair to wrap her arms around his shoulder. "You have a duty to my father for sparing your life. Do not let me die." she murmured.

Malacai knew that she was irregularly smart, possibly due to her studies... or the magic that she tried out. Either way, what she wrote in her book would help him. Looking to her as she wrapped her arms around his left, he smiled briefly before turning to her. "That's right, I do. Princess... it would be an honor to kidnap you." he said, attempting to joke but failed miserably. So, he stood up with Allyson and grabbed the book, giving it back to her.

"Let's go." he said, waiting for her at the door before heading down the hall.

Back
Top Bottom