Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Music and I)

"Well, I need you to be my personal body guard, and none of the rooms are empty until tomorrow. So yes, I am completely serious about having you spend the night here." Allyson explained as she moved over and sat down on the bed, "First thing tomorrow, can we go grab your things Malacai? I want to accompany you since it has been a while since I have been out in the village." she added seriously, still not answering why she had kissed him. She did not even know the answer herself.

The princess' thoughts were interrupted as a light knock came and at the command from the Princess to enter, a girl came in carrying fresh bedding to replace the female's now bloodied sheets. Allyson slowly stood up and the girl quickly went to work, observing how tired her employer was.

Slowly, Allyson walked over to Malacai and sighed, "Forgive me for what I did. I cannot even give myself a reason as to why I did it. Perhaps it is because you see me as me or because you are not afraid of me." she explained quietly as she looked down, her eyes staring at the floor in obvious embarrassment.

Malacai sighed heavily, placing his head in his hand. "Ugh... fine." he muttered, then watched as the servant remade the princess' bed.

Still, the young man could not ignore the way Allyson's legs moved when she walked, and seeing the outline of her waist and behind made him bite his lip before she made her way over to him. "As you? And who, exactly, are you?" he asked, moving around the obvious explanation. He was going to stay here, so he might as well get to know her...

Before Allyson answered Malacai, she dismissed the girl once the bed was made. Turning to the thief, she raised an eyebrow, "That is for you to find out. My personality is unique to the people that truly know me. I think you know my 'Princess' self that the people outside of castle know. But in time, you will figure out who I am. You should have gotten a glimpse of it by now." she explained softly.

Swiftly, she moved over and sat back down on the bed, bringing her legs up and tucking them underneath her as she looked at the man with a smile, "Perhaps you might even draw out a side of me that no one else has seen before." she teased as she motioned for him to sit down next to her.

Malacai groaned, slumping his shoulders. "Come on! You've got to be joking..." he said bitterly, crossing his arms as he once again watched her move to the bed. With a sigh, he raised an eyebrow quizzically.

He had to admit that it was one good thing that might come out of this, he might get to know her more... personally. Slowly sitting down, his back to her, he clutched his side and gently hissed in pain.

A small smile came to the Princess's face as she nodded, "It is true. But I am a tomboy when I am hidden by the castle walls. It is the only time I can be myself. If anyone found out that a princess was not docile and innocent, but instead running around having sword fights with every guard in the castle and hanging around them, then The Empire cannot grow without war." she said softly before her eyes narrowed when she heard the faint hiss of pain, "Lay down Malacai. It is a miracle that you're still awake." she ordered in a gentle tone.

With a small giggle, she un-tucked her legs and swung them over the edge of the bed, "If you're worried that I might corrupt you, then I promise to behave tonight. Princess's honor." she offered seriously as she studied his face, curious to see how he would respond to something that suggested an outrageous idea about the princess. "Unless, you want me to corrupt you and to misbehave..." she teased with a playful smirk.

"Ugh... someone who hides their true self would soon become what they present themselves as. It's never a good a idea to fake, if you want to be true to yourself," Malacai responded, glancing at her with a smirk. The young man shook his head, "It's no miracle; it's in my blood." he said, but decided to say no more on the subject. It was sensitive information, even with someone of his reputation.

Malacai chuckled at her teases, "I'm afraid it would be the other way around, Princess. I'm betting that you are still innocent, after all," he countered. He then briefly remembered the women he had fallen in love with over the years; there was even one girl that had been on several contracts to kill members of the King's inner circle. But one day something happened and she vanished; no one knew where she went...

Shrugging off the train of thought, he looked at Allyson. "Although..." he muttered with a sly smile, "I wouldn't mind seeing you misbehave," he said, raising an eyebrow.

Seeing his sly smile made her shake her head as she moved over to him and gently, she wrapped her arms around him and rested her chin on his shoulder,"My body may still be innocent, but after hanging around the guards, how can one's mind still stay innocent?" she asked softly.

Slowly, she closed her eyes and her one hand moved and went to hold Malacai's hand. Her soft flesh running over his. "You want to see me misbehave? Alright. Just remember, what goes on in here does not leave this room." she added as she leaned in to kiss his cheek again. But even then, she slowly took a step towards the bed, which also was taking a step closer to Malacai so her chest was pushed up against his back.

Malacai shivered gently as she wrapped her arms around him and laid her chin on his naked. He looked at her, breathing softly as he felt her hands over parts of his undamaged body. "How indeed..?" he repeated softly.

His hand gripped her own just slightly, barely feeling her skin against his. "Anything you say... Princess," he replied, letting out a sigh as she kissed his cheek, and was surprised to feel her defined breasts pushing against his back, her nipples hardening the longer they stayed there.

Her body was still innocent. This was the closest she had been to any man. Still, she was rather clueless about anything that could corrupt her, she only knew that she was not as innocent as a princess should be. She had heard bits of things from the guards when they thought that she was out of hearing range. When she stood with her chest gently pressed against his back, she had to fight back a squirm at the feeling of her nipples hardening. Gently, she moved around and looked at Malacai's face with a smile. Before she said anything, one of her hands came up and caressed his cheek, "You should go and rest Malacai. You're blood may be stubborn. But that does not mean anything after a while." she murmured as she leaned in and gently captured his lips with her own in a soft and gentle kiss.

This was her first actual kiss. And she stole it from herself without hesitating for one second. Though it felt right to her, right now everything she was doing felt right. The longer she stood there, she started to question the effect that this mere thief has over her. She was not mad about it, but she had never acted like this until she saw him. With a small innocent giggle, she swiftly pulled away and moved over to her bed, crawling to the farthest side then going under the covers, "My bed is too big for just me. There is plenty of room and we would each have lots of space." she offered as she smiled softly. If anything, she would only cling to the male as she went to sleep. She was too tired to try anything else.

Malacai's gaze connected with Allyson's as she held his face, aching for a kiss as their lips were only inches apart. "Too true..." he replied quietly, and sighed as she kissed him softly. The young thief knew to take it easy; so, his lips only grazed her own as he kissed her back, and his hand touched her neck, rubbing it softly until she pulled away. It was unusual; the girls he fell were normally like a drink to him, one sip and that was all he wanted. But for her... she was like a drug; after having a taste, he wanted more, but restrained himself as she crawled over to the other side of the side.

Looking over his shoulder, he smiled with a chuckle and made a teasing mock bow. "If that is what you wish, Princess..." he replied. Holding his side, Malacai laid back onto the bed, slowing getting under the covers as to not become more injured. After doing, he laid his head on the pillow and looked at her for a moment before leaning in and kissing her lips softly."Good night..." he murmured, slowly closing his eyes as his tiredness overtook him. After then, he slept peacefully, as if he had forgotten what had happened in the previous hours...

To be honest, Allyson was slightly surprised with how gentle Malacai was with the kiss. She heard many stories about how the gentle kiss turned into the Princess being dominated by her companion. Allyson assumed that was how any encounter with the hint of romance went. Though when Malacai made a mock bow, the female pouted slightly, "Just for that I should make you bow." she muttered. Though once he was in the bed, she moved over to him and returned the soft kiss before her arms wrapped around his arm and her body relaxed completely. She finally felt safe and at ease, just by being close to Malacai. As she drifted off to sleep, she knew that she never wanted to lose him.

Her dreams started off the same, usually about other kingdoms she had visited, though tonight, the kingdom was one she could not recognize. It was burning and people were screaming. A woman was clinging to a dieing man and calling out his name. It was in a foreign tongue, but she recognized it as the name Malacai. Instantly, the Princess started to curl up into the fetal position, whimpering and whining in her sleep like some child who was dreaming about the boogie man. The sad thing was, that unlike any of her other dreams, Allyson could not tell herself it was a bad dream. So, she just stayed curled up and let the nightmare play through.

Malacai sighed, a familiar dream entering his head. He watched from the sidelines, a little boy with long, black hair that covered his eyes sat with his parents, trying to stay still for what looked like a painting of them. The boy giggled frequently, chatting with his parents as they told him to stay still, though for the life of them couldn't stop laughing either. It was then the dream took a turn for the worse. Blood began to slide from their necks, long, deep cuts appearing. As seconds passed, the boy's expression steadily turned more and more saddening and serious, and his hair receding back into freshly cut hair that revealed his blood red eyes. His parents were now gone, though the blood spatter stayed on the fine couch, staining it as the boy faded out of focus.

Delusians. An extremely rare and almost extinct race that were once part of one of the largest kingdoms in history, Delusia. Their people were known for their unique eye color, stamina, and physical prowess. After thousands of years in prosperity, their kind were hunted to near extinction, all of the other kingdoms allying together in order to kill them off; but they failed.

"MALACAI!!!"

The young man gasped softly, his eyes snapping open to reveal those ruby orbs of sight. He looked at the ceiling for a moment before hearing the quiet whimpering his bed partner, Allyson. Slowly turning to her, he easily noticed that she was having a nightmare. But he was conflicted; should he wake her, ending whatever pain she saw, or let it go through and hope that it would pass..?

It was a little while later, but Allyson's eyes shot open as she sat up quickly, staring at the bed as tears came to her eyes. She hadn't cried because of a bad dream since she was a small child. Slowly, she moved towards the edge of the bed and went over to the window to stare at the village, her nightmare flashing through her head as she stood there. "They're coming..." she murmured as her head lowered slightly, "The damn fool knows it too" she muttered as her one hand clenced into a fist. It was obvious that she knew something, or thought at least, she thought she did. Slowly, she returned to the bed, but she sat down on the edge and let her head drop.

"Malacai. Are you awake?" she asked quietly as she crossed her arms under her chest. The playful attitude that the Princess had before they went to bed was gone and it left no traces behind as the future leader of The Empire sat there, clearly worried about something.

Malacai watched Allyson carefully, seeing that the princess was acting as if he wasn't even there. His eyes trailed her as she made her way over to the window and muttered something. He heard it fine, but was utterly confused about the meaning behind the words. With a slow raise of an eyebrow as she sat on the bed, he sat up a bit more and gently placed a hand on her arm, uncharacteristically concerned.

"Who's coming, Princess? Who knows?" he asked, carefully swinging his legs off the bed and sitting next to her, though he made - as always - to positing his eyesight so she couldn't see the color. It was too risky for her to realize what he was... she probably had no idea that her father was in charge of killing his people...

"He should have left them alone. Who cares if they were a strong civilization, it would have been better to have them on our side." she murmured. "Delusians, any other enemy my father made. I can feel it. They're going to attack, soon." she explained as she silently clung to the man next to her. For being a tomboy who loved to spar, Allyson hated war and she hated fighting. She had seen so many people lose hope on"I cannot watch any more wars. I do not want the whole kingdom dieing because of my father's stupidity." she concluded almost silently as she sat there.

She did not sound bitter towards the people attacking, nor did she sound like she hated her father. She only hated the fighting and death that would be caused. Slowly, she got up and turned to look at Malacai before she moved towards the door, "Rest Malacai...you will need it. I am going to be a target of their attack." she admitted as she lowered her head before she opened the door and stepped out into the corridor, making her way towards the room that Malacai originally was heading to. She easily ignored the guards that were still on patrol and when she got into the room, she locked the door behind her as she lit a few torches so she could see. She made her way over to a chair that had the artifact that Malacai wanted. Sitting down in the chair, the woman's eyes glared at the thing in front of her before she leaned back and closed her eyes, "What can I do to stop this? Kill my father? Then I would be charged for treason. I cannot let the Delusians get close because I cannot let the Empire suffer. Giving myself as payment would not suffice." she murmured before she let sleep overcome her in hopes that the answer would be revealed to her.

As Malacai listened to Allyson's response, his eyes slowly became wider and wider in shock as she held onto him. She knew?! From... from a dream? "D-Delusians? I thought... they died out; there's no way for them to attack if they're dead, right?" he inquired, but his words were lost on as she confessed about her hate for war. As she stood up and moved towards the door, he shook his head. "No... not you..." he muttered quietly as she left.

Her father... and perhaps... himself? No, impossible... they can't have known he was alive. Why would they? Being the rebel he was, he disregarded her order and stood up, clutching his wound once again as he left the room. Not five seconds later was he stopped by a squad of guards, threatening him in order for him to go back into his room. "Move it. Her father appointed me as her guardian, so unless you want to be killed, let me pass..." he said, a serious glare present in his eyes that told the truth. As they reluctantly moved aside, Malacai jogged towards the one room she was suspected to be in; the treasure room. But as he did so, he lightly banged on the door, figuring out it was locked. "Dammit..." he murmured, then growled. "Princess! Open the door!" he exclaimed gently.

Her dreams came rather quickly as she sat in the chair. By the time Malacai got to the room and tried getting in, she was restless. Images of her father dieing along with Malacai and herself ran through her head to the point that the vision like dream was disturbed and her eyes opened quickly. She had not even noticed that she had been crying.

Slowly, she stood and moved over to the door, after unlocking it, she opened it and looked down before she shook her head slightly, "The Empire...these are its last days." she murmured as she stepped forward and clung to Malacai. Her body was shaking and it was obvious that she was afraid of the dreams she had. "My father will die first...along with any guards who try to save him. One of the enemies will search for me and get rid of us before he takes over the kingdom. Tonight...it was the first time I saw red eyes crying for me." she murmured as she clung to him.

It had taken a short while before the unlocked, and by then Malacai stood alert as the door swung, only to have Allyson tightly hang onto him as she cried. Placing his slightly rough hands on her shoulders, he attempted to comfort her in the best way he could. "Hey... everything will be all right, Princess," he whispered, hugging her gently.

Was it possible that... she could see the future, somehow? "Princess... I promise you... I will not let anything happen to you..." he assured her, then bit his lip as he knew he was going to regret this, "Or... your father," Malacai finished with a tiny sigh.

Slowly, Allyson looked up at Malacai and then frowned, "Why are you here? I told you to stay in the room." she murmured as she pulled away, but wrapped her arm around one of his. "If you are being so stubborn, then come walk with me. I need to clear my head." she added as she rested her head against his shoulder. She had seen red eyes earlier, they were eyes of a Delucian, but she did not understand the tears. She had never seen a Delucian before, only saw pictures of them.

Though, as he spoke, she looked up at him before she shook her head, "My father has committed many sins. It is about time he pays for what he has done in the past. As for me, I let my father do these bad things...and I just stood there. I let him dabble with dark arts and even I have dabbled in them as well." she explained as she looked away. There, she finally admitted something that he was better off knowing now then later. She had dabbled in the dark arts, though her dabbling was not as bad as some others. Because of her dabbling, her dreams had changed and had become realistic to the point that she thought that they were visions of the future. She only hoped that this nightmare was just a nightmare.

"Ah, come on. You should probably know that I'll take orders, at least all the way, Princess," he replied as they walked down the hall, feeling her arms and head against his body.

"Not many people would have done something to stop him. It takes an idiot to do so," he said truthfully, "You have? How much is... dabbled?" he inquired curiously as they walked down the hall. Malacai guessed that she wouldn't want to be seen clinging to a thief like she was in love, and so the young man directed her down a less-used hallway, making sure it was quiet and peaceful.

As they walked, she clung to him mainly out of fear of her dreams. But when she heard his question, her eyes lowered, "I'm still sane. I've done stuff that was needed in order to make The Empire run smoothly. Of course, most magic is considered a dark art. So magically healing someone would be dabbling into the dark arts.." she explained with a small smile.

But suddenly she stopped and her arms let go of Malacai and fell to her side. "So many red eyes...they're all full of pain." she whimpered almost silently.

This fact relieved him; both that she was sane - which made him laugh a little inside for hearing her say that - and the fact that she only used it to heal. "Actually, healing someone would holy arts, something that's very hard to do. The dark arts are easy to use, and easy to lose yourself in..." he muttered bitterly before shaking his head.

Once she mentioned the red eyes, he looked away, gazing out the window to be as inconspicuous as he could about it. "There's no way to help them... they're already dead," he said softly.

"One such as myself is incapable of doing Holy Arts. I am just strong enough to keep my head out of the insanity that working with the dark arts involves." she explained quietly as she turned to look at Malacai. "Delusia...it was a great nation with great people. Lately, amongst the red eyes filled with pain and anguish, I see one set that is crying...but they're separated from the rest, they're on their own." she offered as she turned to open a set of doors that led to the library.

"I only wish I could stop those eyes from crying. But fate has told me what will happen. Death cannot be escaped...or at least, I will not allow myself to become that shallow. Malacai...tell me, will those crying eyes be yours when we're attacked?" she asked as she looked into the darkened room that was full of books.

As he was led in the dark library, his red eyes began to glow sharply, which made him turn away from her. An ever stronger feeling of dread overwhelmed him as she continued to talk. When she finally made her point, Malacai's blood red eyes turned to looked at her. "You... knew..?" he asked cautiously, "Is that why... you wanted me here..?" he asked, a growl lifting up into his throat as he prepared himself to escape.

"I have never seen Delucian's eyes until tonight." she explained as she turned to look at him. Slowly, she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his waist gently, "The reason I'm here is because I find this place calming and also the guards never come in here so we can talk without them overhearing." she added as she rested her head against his chest, "How is your wound feeling? Even if you are a Delucian, the qound was quite deep." she murmured.

Back
Top Bottom