Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Music and I)

The Empire was a mysterious kingdom, even to the people that belonged to it. Most of the nobles even thought it was mysterious and if not for the wealth and glory. Only the Royal family knew of the mysteries that the kingdom held, and not even the Princess knew of all of them.

The Empire's only Princess was barely considered such. She was a tomboy, some even thought that she was a boy at times. But when needed, the girl was the silent, docile, perfect woman role-model. This was the side that the majority of the world saw. Only those that worked around the female saw her true self. The one that went hunting with the guards and sparred against the veteran guards who were experienced in both sword fighting and hand to hand combat. Some of them joked that she was the secret weapon of the kingdom that could slaughter an unsuspecting enemy. But that was not her purpose, she was a bartering tool for her father. That was when she acted the m

It was also how she was acting as she sat at a desk in her room when the door opened. A piece of parchment was neatly on the desk and a quill of ink laid next to it with a clean quill in her hands. Light blue eyes stared at the door in shock, more out of the fact that someone did not knock instead of the shock being caused by seeing a man with a wound. Slowly she stood from her chair and moved back towards the wall, her off white nightgown clung to her body nicely and that complimented her brown wavy hair. But, she had not let go of the quill.

In this kind of situation, one might have found it odd that the guards had not attempted to enter the room to save the Princess. But for this specific time, it made perfect sense to the idiots that let Malacai get this far and to the Princess herself. "State yourself. Who are you and why are you here?" the soft voice of the Princess asked as her light blue eyes narrowed slightly. They were focused on the wound that the thief had. "Only a fool breaks into a princess' room while he is injured." she added almost as a second thought as her eyes started to take in the rest of his appearance. He was not that bad looking. Sure, he looked a little on the rough side, but with some feminine touch and some hygiene, he could turn into someone that turned the heads of most of the women in The Empire. It was at that thought that she let out a small sigh. She finally found something that she wanted that she did not already have. But she was going to get him one way or another.

Malacai stuttered on his words, both out of surprise and the fact that he was losing blood. He clutched his wound tighter, watching as she back against the wall; of course. She was the princess, of course she was afraid, or at least caught off guard.

"Uh, well..." he began. A lie or honesty? Truthfully, she already knew that he wasn't one of the stable boy, so he threw caution to the wind. "I-I'm a thief. I was commissioned to steal something of your f-father's," he answered as he heard a collection of footsteps coming down the hall.

"Fuckfuckfuck!" he hissed, then looked at the princess with an angry scowl. "Well, it's not like I planned to get caught! Or to end up in your room for that matter! It was the only one that was unlocked," he replied, locking the door and forcing himself off the door and toward the bed. With each step blood dropped onto the carpet, staining it quickly as he drew his dagger. But his last foot faltered and staggered to the floor, his back now against the bed and was now facing toward the door. They banged on the door loudly in attempt to force their way in. Malacai had no choice but to try and fight...

When his back was against the bed, her eyes continued to study him before she stepped closer to him, almost hesitantly. Once she was close to him, she looked down at him. "By the looks of it, you did. Then again, it just shows how desperate you are." she said almost bitterly as she took a step towards the door. "What were you suppose to steal? Just so I can tell you if your injury and soon to be imprisonment was worth it or not." she added.

As she was talking, she took another step towards the door. By how he was acting, she knew that he had already lost quite a bit of blood and did not really pose a threat in her eyes. Hearing the loud banging on her door caused a small scowl to cross her face.

"Stop banging on my door and stand there and await further orders. He may have been dumb enough to break in, but he is not dumb enough to kill or injure me!" she ordered in annoyance as she put a hand to her forehead before letting out a small sigh. "Pathetic idiots. Can't even do their job right and make me do it for them." she muttered as she turned to look at Malacai again, "Don't fight them. There are about thirty guards out there and more will come if summoned. Just surrender." she advised calmly.

Malacai looked at the Princess coldly, and slowly responded to her question. "Some artifact that was supposed to have a magical property to it," he answered hesitantly, clutching his wound even harder as he bled onto the floor. He would probably get medical assistance if he surrendered, but then what would happen? Best case scenario, they would execute him publicly.

After a moment or two of silence and considering her suggestion, he dropped his dagger onto the floor and relaxed, his posture now telling her that he was giving up. She was right; there was no way he could fight them all, and more would easily come if he happened to beat them all.

Hearing his answer to the item he was trying to steal made her face turn into a bored look, "Pathetic." she muttered before she looked at his wound, it was getting worse with each passing minute, but until he surrendered, she could do nothing to help him or call for help. However, it seemed to be right after she thought about trying to help him, that he dropped the dagger.

Instantly, the Princess moved over to him and looked at the wound closely before she turned to the door, "Lay down and calm your bleeding. You're honestly an idiot for attempting to steal that object. But I am not going to let you die in my room." she said quietly as she moved over to the door. Once she opened it, she turned to glare at the guards, "Go get the doctor and leave the man alone!" she ordered before she returned to Malacai's side. "I will not be able to do much to protect you. You probably will be killed by my father." she explained calmly.

"Ah, shut it." Malacai scowled at her insults, obviously not afraid of the fact that she was the princess. The young man shifted uncomfortably, and then closed his eyes as he slowed his heartbeat. The blood-flow slowed to a steady beat before she yelled at the guards to get the doctor.

"You know, I don't really care. A thief's best trait is freedom; take that away and he has nothing. Death would be fantastic..." he said bitterly, groaning in pain.

"A princess' duties are to her people. One would look horrible if she just let a person die in her bed chamber." she retorted calmly as she sat down next to the thief, unaffected by the blood and the wound. Slowly, she looked down at the man, "You would not be a bad asset to the kingdom. You managed to get this far. But my father would never see it that way." she murmured as she gently stroked his hair. "You're the first man to lay on my bed." she added in a joking matter before she heard the door open.

An older man walked in and walked over to the bed and looked at Malacai and raised an eyebrow, "Milady, treating him would be wasting time. The only good that would come would be your father's satisfaction." he explained. Though when he saw the female's eyes harden, he let out a small sigh, "Of course then Allyson. Change into proper attire and help me. You're a fool for what you are planning." he added as he set down a bag full of surgical tools. "Lad, what is your name?" he asked.

Malacai looked at her with an eyebrow raised as she commented about his position, and shook his head. "A joke? At a time like this? Seriously?" he replied, watching as the supposed doctor came in. His vague interest in the princess was perked up when he heard her name. Allyson..?

As the doctor neared, he tore his bad excuse for a shirt open to reveal his wound, in the process also revealing his toned muscles, which were obviously soaked with blood. "And what exactly is she planning..?" he muttered, loud enough for only the doctor to hear him.

His eyes flicked towards the man, and sighed. "Malacai. Why?" he asked cautiously.

"Allyson likes to spar and to fight. But the guards are against fighting her. A person like you pulls her in." he explained, only saying half of the truth. He would never admit or even suggest to the other half of Allyson's possible planning.

Soon, Allyson returned to the bed wearing a black tunic and black pants. Looking down at Malacai she tilted her head, "You will probably not feel anything, after all, you're already in enough pain as is." she murmured as she turned to the bag, "So Malacai, what blade caused your wound?" she asked curiously.

Malacai shook his head, attempting to keep his consciousness in case something happen, but it wasn't going well.. "Uh... a spear, I think. There were too many guards to know for sure," he answered, looking at both Allyson and the doctor.

"Um, why does that matter?" he inquired, rubbing his eyes as his vision blurred in and out of focus.

"She is curious to see how to go about sewing you up, and to see how long you will be on bed rest." the doctor explained as he pulled out a bottle of liquid and a small empty dish. Surprisingly, he was not doing much, instead, he was letting Allyson do most of the work.

"It could possibly take a few months for it to completely heal. But I cannot say when my father will execute you for what you did" she explained as she pulled out a needle and thread before pouring the liquid the doctor got out into the dish, then she put the needle in it. "Just let your body go to sleep. You will do more harm to yourself if you force yourself awake." she added softly.

The young thief was a bit alarmed when he noticed that Allyson would be doing most everything. But he just ignored the strange feeling of foreboding he had as he listened to the two.

"Let's hope he doesn't wait..." he muttered weakly. With a heavy sigh, Malacai forced his eyes to close and attempted to sleep. Surprisingly, this happened quite quickly, and only the soft sound of his breathing was heard.

Once Malacai was sleeping, Allyson pulled the needle out from the liquid and threaded the needle before she moved closer to the boy. The doctor poured some of the liquid onto the wound before Allyson started to sew the wound shut, trying to be as gentle as possible, she slowly started to stitch the wound close, making sure each movement was precise and perfect.

After a half hour, the princess cut the thread after tying a knot and put the needle in some more of the liquid before she moved over to the bag and grabbed a piece of cloth and wrapped it around his wound. Once she was done, she sighed quietly as she moved over and sat down in a chair, dismissing the doctor and closing her eyes. Her plans for tomorrow were instantly gone.

As she was taking care of his wound, the slightly numb pain had once woken him groggily, bolting up straight before falling back to the bed.

After she was done, Malacai slowly opened his eyes just as he heard footsteps coming down the hall. The young man groaned in pain and clutched his side, looking at the door from the corner of his eye. The door slammed open, revealing the old, but still well-built king that was standing there with his hand on his large sword. The thief bit his lip and braced himself to be decapitated on sight.

When the door slammed open again, the Princess was instantly standing, thinking that it could possibly be another intruder. But when she saw her father standing there, she walked over to him and curtsied slightly, "Father." she said softly as she put a hand on his sword. "This man was paid to take one of your items. The sum was pretty hefty so he could not refuse. He did not mean to break into my room, and he never even attempted to touch me in any way. We could use this man to benefit your kingdom." she added softly.

It was rare for the Princess to show concern about anyone of lower status than her. The only one she showed concern for was the doctor. But he was like family to Royal family, so she thought of him as an uncle. But this was the first time that she ever stuck up for a mere peasant. Especially sticking up for the peasant in front of her father.

The King looked over at his daughter with a hardened gaze, clutching the hilt of his blade tightly. He was silent for a moment, thinking over Allyson's words. She had already thought of an argument before he even stepped in the room... he was about to reply when Malacai then opened his mouth.

"Hah! The only reason I did this was because I knew it would piss you off!" the young man laughed with a sneer. The King then moved forward in the blink of an eye, his sword drawn and swinging down at Malacai. Before the princess had time to react, the thief suddenly rolled out of the way, ignoring the pain in his side as he dodged the attack. The King, however, had stopped his blade before it hit the ground, looking at the boy. "Hmm..." he began to think deeply.

"As I said, his skills could be put to use." she offered as she turned to watch Malacai dodge the sword. Slowly, she walked over to the king and looked at the thief with a small smile, "He is nimble and is swift on his feet. I need better protection than what I have now. If he were interested in causing harm, he could have killed me on the spot before the guards even arrived. I need someone like him if you want me to stay alive until marriage." she added seriously as she put a hand on her father's arm gently.

Honestly, the Princess could probably hold her own. But she still did not have actual fighting experience and would probably freeze if she were truly attacked. Also, with her duties as a Princess, she could not be alert all of the time and watch her back for enemies, she would die from stress and exhaustion before she would die from an enemy.

"Hmph... fine. We will see how well he does. If he even attempts to escape... kill him." the King replied, looking directly at his daughter as he said this.

"Ha! I would rather fuckin' die than work for you..." Malacai glared, but this look was dispelled as soon as the King began to laugh heartily, and was instead replaced with a look of confusion.

The King slowed his laugh, shaking his head at Malacai's response. "Oh, but peasant... you will not be working for me... it is my daughter whom you shall serve!" he exclaimed and, without another word, turned around and left the room, apparently thinking no more of the situation.

The thief dropped his shoulder, sighing defeatedly. "Goddammit..." he muttered, slowly standing up as he looked at the princess.

The Princess merely bowed her head in thanks to her father's agreement. Though her eyes darted to her new servant when he made the stubborn remark. Once her father left the room, she went over and closed the door before she let out a small sigh as she relaxed. "As my father said, you will be working for me directly. Do not take any orders from any staff but if my Father orders you to do something, then listen to him." she explained.

Slowly, she walked over to Malacai and tilted her head slightly, "I am not restricting you by doing this. I will allow you to move freely and of your own accord. But, it is tiring when I have to look out for my own safety because these guards are pathetic creatures." she offered as she put a hand on his shoulder, "Will you work for me?" she asked.

As the princess relaxed, Malacai turned towards the window and headed in that direction. Once over, he looked out and sighed, looking at the wide expanse of the large village. His home was there...

"Uh huh..." he muttered, only listening halfway. When Allyson laid a hand on his shoulder, he shivered gently. "Do I really have a choice?" he replied bitterly, clutching his bandaged wound.

"Fine, but I have one condition." he said sternly, his gaze still on the window before walking past her and picking up his bloodied silver dagger, twirling it twice before sheathing it.

Looking at the man, she tilted her head, he was in no position to be making conditions, but she stood there looking out at the village that surrounded the castle, "What is your condition Malacai?" she asked softly as she closed her eyes gently.

"I must admit, most would not be doing this when they're in your position. But I am curious, even if it might not happen." she added truthfully. It was rare that she felt the way she did now. She felt that she could trust this peasant, even if he was a thief just moments before.

"I'm not like most people. I'm not scared of you, or the rat known as the King," he said, the words dripping with venom.

Malacai was silent for a moment before answering, as he was contemplating the decision of actually asking it.

"I need to go to my lodgings. There are things there I need if I'm going to stay here," he said, glancing at her for a moment. He was acting as if he was staying at an inn, or at a friend's place, not a prisoner.

As she listened to him, she lowered her head slightly as she leaned her forehead against the cold glass. "No rooms are available right now. It would be best if you stay here." she explained as she turned to move towards her closet. Once there, she pulled out a night gown for her and a pair of baggy pants. "These should fit you. It is too late to get anything from the stores and I cannot let you go out without me." she added.

Without looking back, she slowly started to remove the shirt that was covered in blood spots. They were hard to spot, but they could be smelt and felt. Once the shirt was off, she slowly put the thin piece of nightwear on and watched as it clung to her body before she slowly took off the pants that she was wearing. Once they were off, she walked over to Malacai and handed him the clean pants, "I cannot guarentee that these will fit, but can you try them on?" she asked before she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

((Sorry, I meant it as he needs to get some personal stuff from where he used to stay!))

The young man sighed; this will not go well. Finally turning around, he raised an eyebrow at the suggestion of him staying in her room. "You've got to be kidding." he said, his voice flat and serious.

He looked away as she changed clothes, and then suddenly felt one of the softest lips kiss his cheek. His eyes widened as he whipped. "What the hell was that?!" he inquired urgently, cautious and to tell the truth, a bit freaked out.

Back
Top Bottom