Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Moon Leadership Discussion

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Due to an unconscionable breach of member privacy, the administrative staff of Blue Moon has been stripped.

For everyone's sake, I would appreciate if that were the end of it. I do not want to hear rumors, nor do I want there to be any invitations of further privacy violation. I will not post details publicly, out of respect for all involved. All involved will decide their own future here, but if the perpetrator is going to take a leadership role again, I expect to see a great deal of soul searching.

----

Here is how this is going to work.

If you are interested in moderation, please note the following, first.

1) If you are going to be a leader, you need to be able to handle criticism. This does not mean you need to cater to every last whim, but you need to be able to acknowledge, and respond to, people's concerns in a mature fashion.
2) Leadership is service. You serve the community. It is not power with benefits. The powers you have are a means to exercise your duties.
3) Good leadership is not a popularity contest. It's work.

As such, I am posting this to solicit people willing to become moderation and/or technical staff of Blue Moon.

If you post a notice requesting consideration for being a moderator, this means that I expect other people to present their concerns about you, and to be able to do so in public without fear of reprisal.

Obviously, violating this forum's rules is right out, I hope this thread's existence alone makes that clear. In addition, I expect criticism to be well-thought and reasoned.

There will be no vote. I'm going to pick active people who have a good reputation - not necessarily a reputation for being nice - and who can handle situations gracefully.

Technical expertise is a great plus. If you know how to program and are active here, throw your hat in, damnit. : )

Thank you, everyone, for understanding.

----

Addendum

Moderators are essentially present to curtail spammers and other disruptive behavior, such as someone spazzing in the shoutbox or otherwise trying to disrupt the activities of people here. It's not very technically demanding (unless that's what you're applying to do), I just want to get as close to 24-hour coverage as possible. So people from non-American time zones or odd schedules will have some priority.

I'm interesed in becoming a moderator, if possible. ^^ Can't say I can do any programing, but there are other aspects of the job I believe I could do quite well. ^_^

Well, Veks, if you need it I'd be willing to help out. I don't want to be an admin or anything, but perhaps I could fill in as a mod or tech staff if you need until you find someone better for the job. ^_^

As for programming, I can do a little, though I guess it really depends on what formats I'm dealing with. I am very tech savvy though, and can usually figure out a code type with little trouble, if that helps.

Either way, good luck in getting things back to normal, and I'm sure you'll find people who will do the job well.

Scotty Rage said:
Well, Veks, if you need it I'd be willing to help out. I don't want to be an admin or anything, but perhaps I could fill in as a mod or tech staff if you need until you find someone better for the job. ^_^

As for programming, I can do a little, though I guess it really depends on what formats I'm dealing with. I am very tech savvy though, and can usually figure out a code type with little trouble, if that helps.

Either way, good luck in getting things back to normal, and I'm sure you'll find people who will do the job well.

Scotty here would be a wonderful mod. I would offer to help out, but I'm already on the site too much, and I'll be super busy irl soon. I can help with things here and there if you need though. *nods* I have a good deal of customer service under my belt. Just let me know.

Unfortunately, I'm not very code/tech savvy. I know basics, but nothing else.

I'm definitely willing to help out in whatever way I can. I love this site and would like to see it continue to grow and become one of the leaders as far as roleplaying sites go. So, however best I may serve the place, I'd love to be a part of that. :)

I adore this place too much for it to fall into chaos~
I wish to help out and therefore, I offer my services in the moderation category~

I'm thinking I'll make a new announcement and a thread regarding each potential moderator.

So the current spam at top would change to "Speak now or forever hold your peace for: x, y, z as moderators"

Note that, I'm aware this is probably putting off a few good people. I just want to get some staff in to bootstrap things : )

I totally think Kikora should be a mod. I can see the increase in BM hilarity being, like, exponential.

Actually, I'll probably be excited about all the new mods. People that want to be mods are the most fun to watch. What about Raziel99 or whatever? He'd be great, too.

EDIT: Wait. The person that did it is getting away with a possibility of leadership again with some soul searching involved. Oh, now I know who did it. Who would get off with just that? Hrmmmm.

As much as I would love to be like "PICK ME, PICK ME" I have too much shit going on to volunteer myself for a moderator position. I'll help out with whatever mods you pick since I've been around long enough to know the gist of things. I'll also be commenting in said new thread about moderator nominees.

I haven't been here that long but this is a great site. I would love to help out as a mod if I am wanted or asked. I have experience as a global mod for over 5 years at one site. What are you expecting and needing from your mod/support team? I would also need to learn all the specific rules, if even considered. I have time, but I have no technical skills to offer either, but that would fall under admin anyway right?

I just thought I'd throw my towel in, as I really like this place and see how it turns out:D

Admittedly, I was failing as a global mod since I was focusing on recruiting and life things, so I'm not going to whine. I'll still be doing the recruiting, but I hope that others are able to pick up after this privacy issue with no problem.

I have always wanted to help out with BlueMoon, but past attempts has put me in the Recruiters group. I would love to be able to do something more to help the website.

I'll throw my hat in for moderator just for the general stuff. Not good at programming, but I've been around and such and have a rapport for my nonsensical fuckery in chat.

Misanthropiclove said:
I'll throw my hat in for moderator just for the general stuff. Not good at programming, but I've been around and such and have a rapport for my nonsensical fuckery in chat.
+1 for Misan

I'll throw my hat in for Misan. I would also like to nominate Nihilistic Impact. Both are intelligent, funny and, at the root of it, fair people. Both Misan and Nihil have displayed a respect for privacy as well as the integrity of the BMR community.

Back
Top Bottom