Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do NOT go see Skyline.

K

Kite Xiroh

It was crap. Period. Full of badly made melodrama that also lacked tons of info.

Comments?

We don't even have it in our movie theater. They're basically waiting to see how much it makes in the, like, four places it's in Canada before they put it in. I wasn't too excited to see it, anyway.

I heard 90 minutes of people standing around talking and seeing things happening on TV and in the distance, then 10 minutes right at the end of action and reveals and interesting concepts being brought up.

See, if they had these concepts? PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING FRONT AND PLAY WITH THEM THE WHOLE MOVIE! Nobody wants to see people we don't care about yell at each other for 90 minutes when we were promised an alien invasion movie.

You wanna know my feeling on it? I would prefer Independence Day over Skyline. Now that my friends, is a better alien invasion type movie. Sure, there were "lolwut" moments (Jeff Goldblum's "Checkmate" line surely qualifies for a Big Lipped Alligator Moment for being so overly dramatic) that didn't make any sense whatsoever - not to mention bloopers out the ass if you look close enough - but at the very least they had people doing stuff.

I swear, Hollywood is trying to make reality TV shows out of our favorite movie genres and the people AREN'T LIKING IT.

• I WAS, but I heard it was shit from my friends, this confirmed it.
        And yes Nihil, I have. Looks interestin'! I seen the promo image of
        the female soldier looking upward in horror. I don't know why, but
        it made me just so .... puuuuuuumped.

Sorry, but I actually saw the movie and it was pretty good. The storyline itself was a little bit lacking, but the concept of it is fucking amazing.

The special effects made that movie what it was.

YOU PAID MONEY TO SEE SKYLINE? LMAO!

I didn't go see it. When the trailer looks like shit - and it involves alien invasion - it's almost always going to end up being crap!
:)

Anyone seen Saw 3D or Megamind *nerd*

Juicy Fresh said:
YOU PAID MONEY TO SEE SKYLINE? LMAO!

I didn't go see it. When the trailer looks like shit - and it involves alien invasion - it's almost always going to end up being crap!
:)

Anyone seen Saw 3D or Megamind *nerd*

MegaMind if funny animation..... standard theme but still well done. We enjoyed it, old lady and I, we're older but not wiesend.....hehe. 3D fun

Independence Day had massive gaping plot holes and shit that made no sense whatsoever in it. I know far too much about technology and the nature of warfare to truly enjoy that movie anymore. On the other hand..Mars Attacks...

Skyline was pretty neat special effects wise, but lacked serious story structure. Nothing was explained, and the little minuscule plot they did introduce wasn't even in until the very end. It is wide open for another movie given the craptacular ending, but I don't think I'd go see it. In my opinion, my friend wasted his money taking our group to see it. I was a little miffed after the movie, but as it normally goes, you are bound to be disappointed by some movies.

As for Saw 3D, I did enjoy that. However, I am a huge fan of the Saw franchise and even in the mass public thought it was crap, I would still love it. It didn't need to be in 3D though, in my opinion and even at the end, there were still a good number of unanswered questions. Yes, even after the well known flash back realization sequence. For once, they managed to surprise me. All in all, I enjoyed it immensely, but it did not need 3D. (I quite enjoyed the public trap in the very beginning =D)

Megamind i haven't seen yet.

• I only saw it because it looked like there were dog-like Cthulhus running around.

The graphics were pretty cool but the over all story and characters stucked. Can't say I cared for them at all.

The premise of the aliens using our brains was pretty spiffy in my opinion, though.

prettylykSIN said:

• I only saw it because it looked like there were dog-like Cthulhus running around.

The graphics were pretty cool but the over all story and characters stucked. Can't say I cared for them at all.

The premise of the aliens using our brains was pretty spiffy in my opinion, though.

What, for, like, processors in their computer systems? Because I just watched the episode of "Enterprise" that dealt with that...

Back
Top Bottom