Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Dreamer

Jugger82

Singularity
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/shinnosuke10/Anime/Zero.jpg

The streets were empty, the citizens fled in the sight of him. Why Nathan left The Den, not many knew why but all were afraid to stand in his path. Nathan walked down the main road that would lead to the local government embassy so he could get a fix on the next higher ups to target. The damn government was going to ruin his way of life. Everyone fearing him for stuff he hardly did but did good enough to gain his reputation. When he approached the embassy, guards came and pointed their guns at him. Nathan chuckled.

Nathan- Cmon guys, no need to bring a gun into a fight right? Can't we sort this out some other way?

He acted calm usually, which many new to the town would be surprised and not believe what Nathan was known for. He hardly ever lost his control but when he did, everyone, even innocents, were killed in his path. The cops didn't even bother to place him in jail because they were scared of the thought of him getting so bored he'd slaughter the whole prison ground.

Leanne: http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq244/Toru_Uchiha/GhostGirl.png

To say that Leanne was furious would be a gross understatement. It was only just now that she was informed of matters that, to her, were of the utmost importance. These matters in particular, involved her rival. When it came to the streets of this city, the majority of the people were under the 'watch' of The Den. The rest of the city was under her own control, something that she worked for many years to attain. For now, Leanne's goal was to defeat her rival and take control of the city.

Her rival, Nathan, was a man feared by many, who's infamous slaughters were heard all around. Leanne was far more calculating, her 'crimes' done in a more precise way. This hadn't earned her anywhere near the reputation as her rival, but her name was still spoken softly.

Whenever the chance was presented to her, she did what she could to overthrow Nathan. A majority of the time, her information was fresh.. except this time.. Which explained her particularly foul mood. Someone failed to mention to her that in that exact moment, her rival was making his move to overthrow the local government that had established itself to regain control of the city.

Her footsteps echoed the near empty streets as she stomped angrily down them, making her way toward the location of the government headquarters. There was -no- way she was going to let him outdo her.

Nathan growled seeing as how the guards weren't backing off. They seemed to watch Nathan with fear and anger in their eyes since it was him.

Nathan- Cmon guys, whats done is done. Cantcha-

A shot rang out past his ear. His face darkened as he glared at the soldiers, sending chills down their backs. Nathan walked over to one of the guns and grabbed it by the barrel before crushing the barrel in his hand so that it wasn't of use.

Nathan- You don't know how much that annoyed me.

And at that moment, he pushed on the barrel to have the butt of the rifle hit the guard's chest, sending him flying back and through the iron gate blocking him from the entrance to the embassy. The other guard never took his eyes off Nathan as he lifted the rifle to shoot, but Nathan still had the other rifle and swung quickly and bashed the guard in, sending him into the guard post.

Nathan- There we go. Now then...

HE went off toward the embassy. A chance encounter with Leanne was certain now, this much he knew now.

Once Leanne approached the embassy, the stench of blood filled her nostrils. Her face turned into a scowl as she raised her sleeve to cover the lower half of her mouth. "He was definitely here.. messy as always.. that's for certain."

It was then, in an awkward turn of events, a bunch of soldiers happen to run by in search of Nathan. They all stopped in unison, and turned to face Leanne in surprise. One by one, they all started to recognize her. "Shoot to kill!" One of them called out.

She sighed, "You guys picked the wrong time to piss me off today, when I'm already in a foul enough mood as it is." Once their gun's were lowered in her direction, she started moving briskly toward the building entrance. As she walked, her arm dropped from her mouth and the barrel of a gun pointed out from under the sleeve. A few rounds later, each of the men lay dead behind her, mixing in with the bodies that Nathan previous left behind.

"I can already tell this is going to be an awfully annoying day."

Nathan was now within the embassy in the lobby. The floor was masked with the blood and bodies of guards and some innocents who got caught in the guard's crossfire. Nathan, though as his reputation says, was ruthless to anyone in his path. Though, whenever people weren't involved, he'd never kill them. Even if guards were to run after firing, he'd let them free seeing as how the battle was over. Though, not many guards lived long enough to manage an escape. One of those guards being Leanne. He knew eventually he'd have to see her again. The one person, since his reputation started, to ever scar him even faintly.

Nathan- Alright then lobby guy...point me in the direction where Governor Harrison is, or else.

The lobby man cried out in terror and hid in the corner as Nathan towered over him.

Nathan- Jeez...

Leanne was careful to step over each bloodstained body with grace. She wanted to avoid getting blood on herself as much as possible. It was a small annoyance, considering she particularly liked the clothes she was wearing that day.

The embassy door was already ajar, a surefire indication that her rival had already entered the place. Leanne hurried past the door, running her hand through her hair before she examined the foyer of the massive building.

It didn't take long for her to notice him, and once she did, the annoyance reached a new peak in her. She was pleased, for the most part, that the frightened nature of the man at the desk was enough to deter Nathan in his move forward. Enough at least, for Leanne to catch up to him.

"Nathan." Her voice rang out from behind him as she approached, carefully stepping over dead bodies as she did. "I was hoping to find you here, but who else would leave such a big mess?"

Nathan's spine tingled with joy hearing her. She was the only person he could ever have an actual challenge with and it was always a thrill to fight her. He turned around and smiled friendly toward her.

Nathan- Hey there Leanne. Dunno who did this but apparently I found the culprit. Here ya go!

Nathan kicked up the body of a guard and caught it in mid-air. HE tossed it at Leanne and began to make a dash toward her and would tackle through her so he could find another route to the top. Normally, he'd have stayed to fight her but this time he was serious to do what he intended to. The first step however....getting past Leanne.

Leanne was able to move to the side in time to knock most of the deadweight body away before she turned toward Nathan again. Once he had lunged at her, she slid one foot to the side.

His weight alone was still enough to knock her off balance, but she grabbed onto him tightly, pushing back against him so that she could stay on both feet. Leanne took a small gasp of air to regain what he had managed to knock out of her.

Once he had made himself closer to her, she took the initiative to press against him a bit more. "It's been such a long time, and already we skip right past the formalities? What happened to chivalry?"

Nathan was pushed against the wall as she said so. He smirked seeing her in a feisty mood as ever.

Nathan- Chivalry is dead, haven't ya heard? Besides Anne, I've got more important business to attend to than to play around with you. So why don't you lay off and I won't hurt a hair on that pretty little head of yours.

He smirked as his eyes shot piercing looks through her very soul to try and provoke her, though he had done this many times. That provokative technique alone was enough to send most people away but he liked to try it out on her from time to time.

Her lips quirked up into a half-smile, a look of amusement crossing her features. "Now now Nathan, Isn't it a much better idea for you to play around with someone your own age then the big boys upstairs?" There was a slight purr in her tone, one that she usually had when she was trying to talk him out of something. Not that it usually worked, but it had the potential to distract him enough for her to accomplish her goal.

If it came to a battle of mere strength, She knew that Nathan could crush her. He was playing with her, and she knew that. But Leanne had something that Nathan couldn't exactly compete with, feminine charm. Now, unless he was playing for another team, she was almost positive that she could rouse some sort of reaction out of him. She couldn't let him have his way here, not when it threatened her own operation is such a major way.

"And it really has been such an awfully long time, I've missed you terribly."

Nathan- If one month is a long time since I last attacked, yes...yes it has Anne.

He smiled at her but kept his guard up. He wasn't going to let her get to him no matter what but he damn did like it when she tried.

Nathan- So Leanne, exactly how much better have you gotten since our last little scrap? You nearly broke my arm last time y'know, a first that almost happened haha.

He was trying to get her guard down by talking to her, and thats when he'd strike.

She scowled, his words getting to her more than they probably should. She kept him against the wall, and her guard up, but she was quick to temper. "I'm strong enough to break not only your arm, but any bone in your body now, Nathan." Leanne hissed.

"Don't test me, I'm already annoyed enough already today. The fact that you came here is premise enough to my suffering." She blew some of her black hair from her face, only for it to fall in front of her face once more.

Seeing her vision was slightly blocked by her hair, he took advantage of headbutted her forehead to get her to release her grip. When so, he dodged out the way and was near the door leading out.

Nathan- Sorry about that love, but I've got bigger fish to fry. I'll be going now.

Though Nathan waited to see how she'd react to being hit by a sneak attack. It was usually funny, to him anyway and it might've pissed her off to the point she might snap and attack him with all her power, something he really wanted. The fear of death.

A string of curse words escaped her lips while her hand shot to her head. She stomped her foot down in an aggravated movement. She shoved her hair from her face before she turned toward him. Leanne clenched her fists together, before she turned toward him. A frustrated huff escaped her lips before she shot her hand out toward him, the gun slid from her sleeve into her hand.

She started to fire at him rapidly before she took off after him. "Don't run away from me!"

A look of surprise came over Nathan's face as he saw the gun. He turned and dashed away comically as he somehow dodged the incoming shots all the while jumping over lifeless bodies and ducking under low tree branches that crowded the path.

Nathan- Hey hey! C-Calm down! No need to bring a gun to a street fight!

When he was sure he was out of her view, he hid behind a tree and waited. When she would pass by, he'd pounce on her and pin her gunner arm to the side so she couldn't aim the gun at him. He'd probably hit one of her nerves in her neck to KO her, but knowing Leanne it was a risky shot.

"All is fair in love and war, darli- Oof!" Leanne struggled against him as her arm was pinned under her body. She knew that it wouldn't be only a matter of moments before he would knock her unconscious or something along the sort. She had to think fast, she had to think of a way to distract him long enough for her to get the upper edge. Anything. Leanne couldn't afford to let him have his way.

Her lips shot up, pressing against his in a split moment decision. Considering it surprised even her, she was almost completely positive that he would be caught off guard for at least a moment, which was good enough for her. She jerked her arm up and jumped against him, knocking him against the ground before she pinned his arms above his head. Her legs pressed against his to keep his down against the ground. She took a breath then, "There. Now let's have a nice little conversation, shall we?"

Upon feeling her luscious lips against his own, his eyes widened but then slowly closed as he got more into the kiss. Feeling her knock him over, he cursed at himself for falling for such a trick as she pinned him against the floor. The tides had turned as he looked at her talk about the conversation she wanted. Shrugging as best as he could, what with his arms pinned, he nodded.

Nathan- Fine...Annie...what do you want you cheap temptress?

"You of all people should know there's absolutely nothing cheap about me." She mused before she jerked his arms above his head just a bit more. "Now then, Nathan, 'dear', I would absolute adore it if you told me exactly why you're here." A bright, almost mocking smile crossed her lips, and she flashed him her pearly whites.

"I mean without me in your life wouldn't your life be absolutely boring?"

Nathan- Hm true. True. Which is mainly another reason why I'm doing this...see, if they pass this new law and actually go to take out the den, I'll say good bye to this town and leave forever. See, I don't want that happening and I bet you don't either seeing as how you just love me to death enough to shoot live rounds at me. Look you won, mind putting less restraints on my arms? I've got nothing to use if they die from lack of blood.

Leanne eyed him for a long while before she loosened her grip on his arms. "But if you're able to take them out.. you do understand what that will do to me don't you? Without the influence I have right now.. If you control even more than you do now, I'll be sent out of this town." Her teeth dug into her bottom lip before she shook her head rapidly. "I can't have that! This is my town. My city!"

Nathan- Half...Half of it is your city. I control the slums and you have the more urbanized areas Annie. And no, I'm not trying to take them out. I'm merely trying to get them to stop that bill from passing...and if that means taking you out, I won't hesitate...no matter what.

Feeling her lose her grip on his arms a bit, his arm slipped out from under her and grasped her by the neck. He smirked venomously at her as if the thought of death soothed him.

Nathan- Sorry dear...you're just a nuissance by this point. I didn't want to have to kill you, but I bet there's no other way around it is there?

Her hands shot to her neck at that moment, gritting her teeth. Leanne tried to pry his fingers off her neck, but with no avail. Her short black hair fell in front of her face slightly, but it didn't bother her in the least now, especially considering she had.. bigger problems to deal with. She gasped for air, one of her eyes closed.

"If this is, all you are, the only way you can respond." She said between her slow breaths. Her silver tongue quickly lacing her words with persuasion.

"If this is all you can show to me, then why is it you responded to the kiss, much more than anyone would have expected you to?"

Upon hearing those words, Nathan frowned. His grip loosened up so that she could breathe as his face became dark. True, he had thought of her as more than a friendly rival and their constant flirting during their fights were always fun. Though truthfully, he could never kill her if he had the chance to. He probably couldn't say the same for her, but she was the one person he couldn't bring himself to kill. He wasn't trying to strangle her to death, moreover trying to wait for her to pass out until later. He awaited a reaction or comment toward this, not being able to find the words he was trying to find.

Leanne took in a few slow breaths, but still could barely manage to catch her breath completely. To be honest, she wasn't exactly expecting to get any kind of reaction of that kind of caliber. "I don't...." She breathed, "I don't get it though.. why you of all people would be hesitating right now."

From her lack of normal oxygen, Leanne started to slump against him just a bit. She fought for her consciousness, an managed to stay awake for the most part. She had long dropped the gun to the ground and brought her other hand to his on her neck as well.

Nathan still didn't say anything. As she slumped against him, his arms rose up and wrapped around her in a gentle hug. Still saying nothing, he looked at her a while before he actually spoke.

Nathan- I thought you of all people would know...I could never kill you...never will...I've had many chances to but...I've never brought myself to do it...We may be on the opposite teams but...I just can't do it...w-what did you do to me Annie...? I'm not the same from when we first started this whole....ordeal...

Back
Top Bottom