Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Up, Up, and Away! (Hat + Cahalith)

Hat-tori

Supernova
Avalon was the single greatest architectural feat of mankind. Easily twice as tall as the greatest structure man had ever built, and extending some distance into the earth, it was a grand spire of glass, steel, and plastics. It was made of several layers, each layer with its own set of floors. In essence, it was five or six separate campuses, stacked atop one another, complete with dorms, a shopping area, classrooms, and more. The second layer housed the high school, the third, the college, the fourth, adult living quarters, research labs, and other miscellany.

Currently, Harry was watching the newcomers stream in from the lower layer, relaxed in one of the chairs. A tall drink sat on the table beside him, and the tall, wide man who stood next to him frowned.
"Yanno, Harry..."
"Shh. They're here." the slim man replied. He was of average height, with white hair and green eyes. A handsome face and gentle features belied his natural way with people, his passive charisma. He wore a nice suit, a three-piece that simply didn't seem to get dirty or gain wear and tear from constant use.

He leaned on the table, scanning for newcomers to bring into his life. He was bored, and wanted to have a new friend to play with. His courses had all filled before him, so he had no classes this quarter. He wanted to entertain himself. But with who...?

A small boy about the age of 13 stood amongst the crowed of students, his ear flicked slightly as his tail twitched unsure of what sort of adventures lay ahead of him. his heart was racing with the anticipation of what sort of new things he would learn.

He looked around with innocent curiosity, looking up at a much taller student he smiled and asked "What do you think they will teach us here?" the other boy didn't seem to pay much mind to him, but he smiled none the less and accepted that maybe he didn't hear him. he was short and quite soft spoken.

"... Him." Harry said, pointing. "With the ears."
The huge man sighed, shaking his head. He stepped through the crowd, tapping the boy on the shoulder.
"Hey, kiddo. My friend would like to talk with you." he said, pointing at Harry, who smiled and waved.

Harry smiled inwardly. This would be great fun. So young and naive... He might not even need to use the Voice on him. Most excellent.

The young boy's ears twitched when he felt a hand come down on him gently to gain his attention "yes? me?" he tilted his head, tail flicking slightly he smiled and nodded "Of course, I hope i didn't do anything wrong." a hint of worry that perhaps he had some how managed to irritate some one.

But upon looking at the man with the white hair's friendly face and cheerful smile all fears melted away he looked up at the tall man and fallowed him towards the man wit the white hair.

"Hello there. Take a seat, my friend." he gestured to the chair opposite him. "My name's Harry. I'm a college freshman here. I do tutoring for the high school students. I find it's easier for them to learn from someone with their mindset, rather than a presumptuous adult." he smiled. "I'm also looking for friends. Sadly, I'm not able to access the campus this quarter, as I am not taking classes there, so... I came down here. Tell me about yourself." he smiled gently, looking into the boy's eyes. He was adorable. What a find!

The boy did as he was told and took a seat next to the man who called himself Harry- he tilted his head as he spoke, his ear tilting to the side. "My name is Rainy." shifting in his seat slightly his tail flicking back and forth "I am a high school freshman." he told him "I just transferred in, and am very excited to be here." he blushed slightly as he looked down- he got so excited sometimes it was embarrassing. He was talking to an upper class man and must remember his manors. "you must be very busy then." he stated still looking down

"Not very busy at all, really. All of my... well, I hesitate to call them my students. All of the folks I was tutoring got sent to Avalon East, so I'm feeling a little lonely at the moment..." he sighed. "Tell you what, why don't you come by my dorm later? We can talk more extensively there." he said with a smile. "Each floor's pretty much the same. My dorm number is 347." he stood up, stretching. "I'm glad we met up, Rainy." he said, ruffling his hair gently. "You're adorable. I'll see you later tonight."

He walked into an elevator and smiled, his large friend following him.
"Crib thief." the larger man remarked. He got an elbow in the belly for his trouble.

Rainy looked at Harry, and felt bad that he had lost his students. He wondered about his friends and that tall fellow--was he all Harry had. as he stood he also stood and nodded "i would be more than happy to come to your room."

Harry's hand came in contact with his hair and he slightly pushed up into it- he loved his head being touched, it was almost like being pet, "adorable. I don't know about that." he said watched the two leave. Harry seemed so nice--and to to think he was afraid of making friends, and he already made one. this year was going to be amazing!

he walked back in line wit the others then realized he didn't know what time he was suppose to show up and then headed toward the direction that harry had gone hoping to find him. but no one was there but an empty elevator "darn it...I don't want to be late." he sighed and walked back his ears down in his lack of ability to get all the details in his excitement.

Time passed, of course. Harry was more than ready for the boy. Harry's power, the thing that was gifted to him by the Incident, was a strange power in his voice. Is he spoke in a specific way, his words easily slipped under the conscious mind, making them think they had thought it instead of hearing him. It was a simple, yet strong power, and it, not the lack of courses, was what kept him in his room and the area of the high school.

He wasn't exactly notoriuos, but his ward, the tall, wide man, had been suckered into inaction by the Voice, allowing Harry to do pretty much whatever he pleased. He waited for the boy, in a bathrobe, humming to himself. The dorm room, really more of an apartment, was simple, and sparse. A couch, a table, but little else in terms of furniture.

After Rainy was finished and found where he would be staying while at school, quickly left to find Harry, he got a bit turned around at first but found his way and knocked softly at the door. He was dressed in his usual simple garb, a pare of cloth pants and a slightly over-sized shirt. He was the smallest and youngest in his family so had most of his clothing handed down to him. he loved them- specially since they where once his older brothers. he loved his brother he was so strong and smart--after he got killed in a fight his mother and father where unable to pay much mind to Rainy.

He ran a hand through his soft short black hair and waited for the door to open--he was nervous that maybe he had taken too long or too short...He felt panic, and started to back away from the door...

The door opened and Harry smiled. "Hey there, Rainy!" he said. "Come on in. We've got quite a lot to talk about." he said, smiling, reaching out and petting the boy's hair, remembering how he'd leaned into the touch before.

Rainy smiled feeling instant relief when the door open and seeing Harry- He opened his mouth and said very quickly "I am sorry, i didn't mean to be late or early or-" But he said for him to come in and that they had much to talk about. he smiled and stopped rambling falling him in and holding back the purr to the contact. He didn't want to make Harry uncomfortable.

"You are like a cat." he said, closing the door behind him, smiling. "I hope my choice of outfit doesn't bother you." he added, sitting on the couch. The bathrobe was just slightly too large, one shoulder slipping down his arm. "You don't need to be so formal around me, Rainy. It's cute that you respect me so much to tumble over your own words, but it's alright. I prefer to be treated as an equal, anyway."

He looked at him and nodded, he was very much like a cat, he had the blood of a cat spirit some where in his family line--that was why he had the ears and the tail. "It doesn't bother me." he said bit his lip as he was told not to be formal--how should he be then? he didn't have many friends, his only friend was his brother. where they where from cat spirits where not well liked.

Fallowing him he nodded "I will do my best. I don't really have many friends." he explained he however did not stop smiling. though there was a hint of saddness in his jasper eyes.

"That's too bad." Harry said. "You're so cute, I would think you'd be beating away boys and girls with a stick." he said with a shrug. "So." he said, leaning forward. "One of the things I like to teach is about inhibitions, and society." he said. "For instance, technology is such that these days, we don't really need clothing. The only reason we continue to wear it is because of so many years of being taught that being naked is bad, or shameful. But it's not, not really."

Rainy looked at him "no- where I am from my kind are hunted." He shrugged his small shoulders "something about being bad luck." If the people who killed them only knew that, that was not the case perhaps more of his kind would be around--in many ways they where dieing out.

he looked at him and a faint smile crossed his lips. "I like my clothing." He told him tilting his head "it not only keeps me warm and dry when it rains. but it also is quite comforting. I am the baby of the family and so all of my clothing was warn previously by some one who loves me very much." he smiled and looked at his shoulder the way his robe was draping then said "but I suppose each there own." he was very accepting of things.

"Oh, I just want you to try it. I don't want you to abandon them forever." he said with a shrug. "It's too bad about being hunted. I think you're adorable." he said with a smile, petting his head gently. "I mean, after all, everything's worth trying once, right?" he asked, a little regretful he had to use the Voice, but eager.

Rainy nuzzled the mans hand with out thinking about it and felt his hands move to the collar of his shirt where he ran his hand down the line where the buttons lay closed- he un-did them one by one exposing his delicate pale skin. So soft clean and perfect. He looked up at him his greenish blue eyes looking at his "Well yes, but you promise i can have them back?" he asked as he began to slip the shirt off of his body. he was a small boy even smaller then he looked originally it was the clothing they where too big.

"But of course. Who knows, though, it might grow on you. You light even come to enjoy it." he went on. Aaah, the more innocent something was, the greater the joy in corrupting it. The boy's skin was so smooth and so perfect, he could barely resist touching it.

He looked at him "I love this shirt- it was whats left of my brother." he said softly---he was resisting him, but yet at the same time he wanted the older student to accept him so was giving in. Once the shirt was off with great care he folded it neatly like it was something very treasured to him.

"Of course, you should cherish what you have." he said. "The suit you saw me in was my father's, and his father's, and his father's. But that doesn't mean I have to wear it all the time." he said. "You should treasure, too, the feeling of air on your skin, the freedom that comes with bareness, the pride in your own body. Everything in moderation, after all."

he looked at him and stood suddenly tilting his head he walked over to something on the wall completely distracted "what is that?" he pointed to a book "What is it about?" he didn't seem to mind being with out his shirt on. he seemed rather comfortable--but still easily distracted he looked over at Harry and smiled "is it one of your school books?" he walked back over and then sat back down next to him and looked at him "Is this a class at this school?" he asked meaning what he was teaching--Rainy was full of questions, he was forever curious, and hungry to know.

He smiled, picking up the book. "This?" he chuckled. "Nothing incredibly important. I've been doing research into the mind. The Id, the Ego, the Superego." he paused, wondering how to explain it.
"Imagine a chariot. This is your body and mind, the physical side of it. The driver is your reasoning and sense of self, holding the reigns. The horses are the Ego and the superego, one calmer, one more wild, and driven. The driver must constantly keep the both of them tamed and working, or the chariot either fails to go anywhere, or... well, worse things can happen. Are you enjoying yourself, Rainy? It only seems natural with a boy with a tail and ears to be nude, to me." he pet his hair some more.

Rainy listoned to what he said "I don't quite understand it- but it sounds interesting. is there a reason you study it?" he asked and let a slight purr escape as Harry pet him again he rubbed into the hand- he had been starved for affection, it was something he had missed the contact the touch. It was something so simple but so powerful- the reassurance that some one cared.

Not that he thought that a guy like Harry could care about him in the way he needed- that wasn't how things where suppose to go. Harry probably had a following--like that big guy, and lost of women interested in him- he was very kind and friendly he wondered why he would have taken an interest in him.

He Looked up at him and said "I am- thank you...As for nude, well I don't know--" he with out thinking as if on impulse pused his head into his hand and purred a little louder he pulled back suddenly surprised by that and then started to laugh--he couldn't help it he found it funny in an embarssing way but still funny none the less.

"Of course. You see, many of people's problems stem from a conflict between the Id and the Ego, in this metaphor, I guess you could say they lost hold on the reigns. Helping people take control of their minds and bodies is a great endeavor."

He chuckled when the boy purred louder, smiling. "You really are like a cat." he said with a laugh, smiling wider. "Say... would it make you more comfortable if I joined you?"

Back
Top Bottom