Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dead In The Water (Xanatos x Toxiclips)

Xanatos

Lady in the Making
A full moon hung low in the sky as storm clouds gathered round. These were all bad omens. It was a bad night to be superstitious. Mark Ansem sat in the back of a military cargo carrier. He could feel the plane making it's descent towards to water, he released his grip on the rabbit's foot that hung around his neck. In front of him was a small motor-boat that a couple of soldiers were prepping for departure. He gave a quite sigh as he brought his hand to his ear. "You gonna brief me already?"

A gruff voice replied over the earpiece. "About twelve hours ago an inland company managing luxury cruises lost contact with one of it's largest ships, the "Marionette"."

"Don't they have ways of fixing that problem? Why didn't they send a maintenance team?"

"They did. They never came back." The man replied. "There's something unnatural going on here. That's why we're sending you in. You're mission is to determine the nature of the incident and make it disappear. Survivor's are a secondary objective."

"Yeah. I understand." Mark replied as he brushed a few strands of blond hair away from his face.

"One more thing. We've heard that some local dissidents have taken hold of the island. Chances are they've already detected us on radar. Make sure to get in and out without getting their attention."

"Will do." Mark approached the boat as soon as he felt the plane rock on contact with the water. He climbed into the boat before giving the two men a thumbs up. The rear of the cargo hold opened and the boat was pushed backwards into the water. As soon as the plane began to leave, Mark pulled the rip cord to start the engine.

"Good luck, Ansem. We're counting on you." The man said before cutting communication. Mark gave a quiet sigh before cracking his neck a couple of times. The boat sped off in the direction of the island where the wrecked liner was located.

Jessica woke up, another day inside the USS Doom cruise like she called it. She bunked herself in a decent room and took shelter inside. Ever since a couple of days ago the ship was infested by what it can only be described as walking dead. People inside the cruise began to tear each other apart, biting themselves and tearing each other apart. She came with a way to defend herself by placing traps all over the ship.

Being barricaded inside the control room of the ship she saw everything going around in the ship. Waking up she looked out and saw she was stuck in a island, "perfect, just perfect". She shrugged and shook her head. Looking around she saw what appeared to be a group of men in a small boat going over to the ship, "Shit what are you doing.... no don't come here".

After she confirmed that the group was very close to the cruise she tried to talk to them via the communicator but it got damaged. With a sigh she looked around the different halls of the ship with the cameras and they were full of zombies. Taking a deep breath she shook her head and looked outside, knowing that her traps could be deadly if not avoided. He would find out by the pile of bodies on the floor all over the ship.

As soon as the small boat reached the shore, Mark quickly hopped over onto the sandy beach. His hand fell to his FN Five-Seven, drawing the hand gun from his side. He quickly screwed on a silencer so as not to attract the wrong sort of attention. A knife was sheathed against his chest where it could be easily drawn if needed.

Using the LAM attachment on the weapon, Mark turned on the flashlight so that he could navigate the area properly. He looked up at the large ship with concern. There were lights still on in some parts of the ship. He turned to the other men and waved for them to stay with the boat. He worked faster and more effectively alone anyway.

He pulled a grappling hook from his backpack and hurled the hook up onto one of the railings as he began to scale the hull of the ship. He peered inside of one of the portholes to see a large amount of corpses littering the floor each of them grotesquely disfigured and mutilated. He groaned at the sight before continuing. Immediately upon reaching the deck he readied his weapon again. The flashlight still active.

"Well at least things can't get much..." Immediately he heard thunder crash as rain began to fall. "Aw... Come on!" He growled. He shook his head before moving in the direction of the stairwell. The inside of the ship was dimly lit but enough to see without the LAM. "My god..." He groaned as he saw the corpses at the foot of the stairs, clogging the floor. "Christ... What the hell happened here?" He slowly continued into the ship with his weapon poised. This wasn't a normal accident, something else had happened.

She groaned as soon as she felt the guys get in the cruise. She pushed all the buttons and finally found one that work, it would send the signal through all the ship. Pressing the button the sounds of her breathing could be heard, "Whoever you are, I really don't suggest you stay. If you want to stay alive that is. If you still want to be here come to the cruise control room, I can explain. Don't let them...bi....bite... you....o...or ....scrat...scratch...you". The communicator went on the fritz as smoke came out of it, "Shit.... at least I got the message out.. oh fuck the traps". She sighed and shook her head, walking to a corner where she had some weapons she moved some of them and finally found what she was looking for, a sword.

"Must had belonged to someone from Japan or something, at least I could use this to go to the guy". Taking a deep breath she dressed herself in some heavy clothing and placed three scarfs around her neck just in case. Placing on her mask she walked out of the control room. The first thing she saw was a zombie on the hallway. With little steps and nervous the entire way she went to attack it, but as soon as she lifted the sword the zombie turned and walked toward her wich made her go back in the control room, "Shit... I cannot do it, please be safe".

She took off most of her clothes and sighed only having a shirt and some shorts. Running over the camera room she looked to see what he was doing. He seemed military so she was not concerned at the moment with the zombies, what she was really concerned for was the traps. With a deep sigh she looked at the screen and the guy trying to figure out what to do.

Mark's heart skipped a beat when he suddenly heard the voice over the intercom. He gave a sigh of relief as he tightened his grip on the gun. "A survivor. Thank god." His eyes quickly straightened as he continued down the hall. "What was that about biting and scratching?" As he rounded a corner he stumbled upon a man stumbling about in the hall.

"Sir? Are you okay?" He asked as he approached. "Sir, you're bleeding. Let me help you. It's okay I'm a professional." He touched the man's shoulder who swiftly whirled around and tackled him to the ground. "Gah!" He let out a startled groan as he hit the floor. The man was trying to bite at his face and neck. He kept the man's face at bay with his hand as his other desperately struggled to reach the gun he dropped on contact with the ground.

"Fuck me!" He groaned before pulling his hand back and trying to punch the man in the face. "Get off of me!" He growled as he pressed his foot into the man's stomach and flipped him back over his head onto the ground. Mark quickly rolled to his feet and collected his firearm. He wasted no time in shooting the man in the head. "Fuck... So that's what she was talking about." He paused to examine a map on the wall before he turned around and began moving quickly down the hall in the direction of the control room.

She looked on the controls the man being attacked by his first zombie. Her heart skip a bit as she sighed when he was finally out of danger, "Good, he did not got bitten". She just smiled and sat on the chair looking at the screen, the first trap should be coming soon. She tried to move in the intercom but nothing changed. Suddenly she got a idea, she wired the cables in a different way and used the speaker to speak through the hallway music sound system, "Be careful, I placed some traps around the ship. They are easily seen but you will miss them if you are not careful. My name is Jessica, I managed to fix something in here to be able to communicate for a small period of time". She took a deep breath and looked at him through the monitors, " first thing you should know, all except you and I are dead on this ship, don't trust anybody. P...Please... come for me.... AHHHHH". The line suddenly went dead as the zombie managed to get in the control room.

She ran away from him as best as she could, but more and more came into the control room. "Shit... I have to go" she grabbed the sword and moved away from them to the other door. If she had it correct she would be in the same hallway leading up to where the man was seen. As she ran and ran she felt the click of one of her traps, her eyes went up when a huge log came crashing down on her pinning her leg on the floor and knocking her unconscious as she hit her head with the floor. Slowly she came to a couple of seconds later, a zombie was making her way to her. As she tried to get the sword it was out of reach. Her eyes went wide and she began to scream "HELP SOMEBODY..... FUCK... HELP". She covered herself with her hands knowing that wherever she got bitten she was done for. She closed her eyes and embraced herself for the end of her life.

Mark gave a quiet sigh. "Traps... Just my luck." He raised his weapon as he continued onward. Hearing the woman's shout made him quickly pick up the pace. He rushed through the hall. His eyes desperately seeking any form of life. "God damn it!" He heard a small click as he ran by the trigger for a trap. He narrowly dove out of the way of the clever device. He brought his hand up to his chest as he tried to slow his heart. "Jesus..." It was then that he heard her voice, though not over the intercom.

"Hang on Jessica! I'm coming!" He shouted. He quickly rose to his feet and began sprinting down the hall. It wasn't long before he could see a crowd of these... Things... trying to get at a collapsed woman. "Back off!" He shouted as he shot one in the back of the head. His free hand quickly moved to draw his knife just in case he needed it. He continued to fire on the undead hordes. The good thing about an FN Five-Seven was it's 20 round mag. "Jessica!" He shouted as he dropped to a knee beside her. "You okay?" He asked as he examined the log. "Hang on, I'll get you out of there." With a strenuous grunt he began trying to lift the log off of her legs. "I can only hold it for so long!" He groaned as he managed to lift the lug a few inches off of her legs. "Move..."

She was giving up home when she heard the body of the zombie hit the floor. Her eyes went wide when she saw the man that he had seen earlier, "I...It's you....". She felt the man try to lift the log but it was too heavy for him to do all the way. After hearing him out she nodded and waited for him to lift the log a bit before she crawled out of the way. Jessica was a beautiful red head woman what was truly amazing of her was her eyes, they were as blue as the sky. She got up an tried to walk but fell again on the floor, "Fuck... my foot is broken". She groaned as she looked at the trap she made herself, "I guess I should had looked better, it was one of my traps".

Taking a deep breath she stood up on her good leg and leaned against the wall, "We have no time to talk right now, there is only one of those things in the control room. If we manage to go there and kill it we can take it back, we can talk there". She smiled and sighed looking around and taking a deep breath. She began to hold her weight against the wall and hop on her good foot back to the control room. As they got there they could see a zombie in the middle of the room, his face was scratched in a way that her eye were hanging from their sockets. She looked at the man and nodded pointing at the zombie in the room.

Mark quickly dropped the log when the woman was free. He exhaled sharply. Even with all of his training, he wasn't super human. He gave a quiet nod when she suggested that they take the control room back. He raised his gun once again as they approached the door. Effortlessly he aimed the weapon and shot the zombie in the head. He dragged the corpse from the room before helping the wounded girl into the control room and closing the door behind them. "Have a seat so I can look at your leg." He said gently.

He turned to the door and moved whatever he could in it's way to barricade them in for the time being. "Just what the hell happened here?" He asked as he turned to face her. "What were those things?" He sighed quietly as he rubbed his eyes. It wasn't like she could know much more than he did. To his knowledge, she was just one of the lucky ones.

She nodded as she sat down on the floor and removed her shoe. She managed to bite her lip to not scream. Her foot looked broken, some of the bones in her leg cracked because of the heavy log. She looked at her foot and shook her head, "it's broken, unless I get it restrained it will only be worst if I keep moving it around. It all started three days ago, I was coming here with my daughter, she just loved cruises and my mother gave us the present to come here" she looked down as she continued to speak. "I knew from the instant I went on board that they were transferring some sort of patient who was going to die, it was his last wish to go in a cruise so they put him in here. I did not mind at all I thought it was kinda good that they were doing that. When the ship went out to the sea everything was perfect, at first we all enjoyed our stay here. I went to sleep that day, when I woke up everybody was dead. The only ones alive were my daughter and myself. We managed to walk out it was then when the first of those things attacked us. They took us by surprise and took a chunk out of my daughters arm. At first I only thought of getting her better, so I ran back to the room and bandaged her arm. A few hours later she tried to bite me, she had turned into one of them so I pushed her and ran away".

Taking a deep breath she looked outside to the sky, " It was then when I figured the entire ship was like this. I ran to the control room and barricaded myself here, I used stuff I found around the ship to make traps. I know for a fact that they are not alive, something must have make them move around, in my opinion is some sort of virus". She looked up to him to see what he thought.

Mark approached the woman and knelled beside her. He looked at her foot and sighed. "I'll try to build a brace." He said as he removed his pack and began rummaging through it. He listened carefully to her story. It tugged at him to hear what happened to her little girl. Mark didn't have kids, nor any living relatives that knew about. So he couldn't imagine what this woman was feeling. "I... I'm sorry..." He said quietly.

"A virus..." He shook his head. It was a lot to take in. "I'm going to get you out of here." He said as he walked over. He took a few items from an advanced first aid kit he was carrying so that he could try to mend her foot the best he could. "That's a promise." He said. "My name is Mark Ansem." He said finally introducing himself. He tried to offer her a reassuring smile. "This is likely going to hurt a bit." He warned before he began trying to brace her foot.

She looked at him and sighed, "Thank you". She looked at him as he said about building a brace to the leg and nodded, "I know, I am a doctor after all". Taking a deep breath she nodded, "I am Jessica Anzaker". He knew the name well, Anzaker was the last name of the current president of the united states, "Yes, I am the first daughter, I was sent here by my father to just get away from the politics stuff, he does not want me to follow on his footsteps". She giggled and grabbed a shirt placing it on her mouth to serve as something to bite for when the man made the brace on her leg.

She took a deep breath and nodded as she felt him touching her foot and moving the bones into place. Her eyes went wide as she let out a huge scream wich was muffled by the shirt she had on her mouth. After he moved the bone in place and started to make the brace she started to slowly calm down. It was most likely the reason why the team was dispatched there at the first place, they knew the daughter of the president was there but they were not informed. She looked at him and sighed as he finished, "I don't think there is a way out of here, the ship is full of those things and I don't think you have enough bullets for us both. We are safe for now let's just think about what are we going to do". She looked at him and shrugged wondering what he was thinking, it was sure to be a shock who she was but the fact that she was the only survivor brought more questions than answers. "I am about to tell you something top secret, don't tell anybody please. Awhile ago I heard my father talk on the phone with someone from a company called Umbrella. He was fighting over something called T Virus, no idea what is that but I guess it must be something related with this, I saw the symbol of Umbrella somewhere on this ship".

His demeanor instantly became more professional upon hearing her name. After he finished wrapping her leg in the bandage he brought he set his bag aside. "All set Ma'am." He said respectfully before he rose to his feet. He definitely knew the name Umbrella. Just about every American home had some form of Umbrella technology in it. They had their hands in just about every form of business there was. Including Bio-chemistry. His eyes grew grim. This suggested that this was a engineered virus not some accident.

He grabbed at the rabbit's foot around his neck. He knew it was going to be a rough night. "Don't worry, Ma'am. I'll figure something out." He said professionally before he reached into his bag. There was enough rations to keep a grown man going for about a week. It should be enough to keep them going for a couple of days. "Here." He said as he pulled one out of the bag. "It's not very good. But it'll keep your stamina up." He said before sitting on the floor and leaning his back against the wall. He closed his eyes as he thought about all that she had told him. It couldn't be a coincidence that a bio-weapon was used where the President's daughter was staying. It had to be a setup.

She shook her head and sighed, "Call me Jessy, don't change the way you treat me because of who I am. I truly hate that" she shrugged and sighed looking at him take out some rations from his pack. "Keep them, there is some food right there" she pointed to a couple of boxes in the corner wich contained nutritional bars and the like". Her eyes looked down and sighed, "Ever since my father was elected, I been treated with such respect is really annoying. If you truly respect me, treat me as a human not as a queen".

She smiled and nodded trying her best to stand up and put some weight on her broken leg to see how strong it was. It was indeed painful but the leg brace held on. She nodded and sat back down looking at him, "We need to figure something out to get the hell out of here, we cannot call father to inform here in here we have no signal".

Mark nodded as he returned the rations to his bag. "It wouldn't be safe to contact him anyway." He said before he set the bag aside. "I think you and your daughter were the target of this attack. But who would have known you were on board this ship? I think there's a leak at the White House, until we find out who the rat is we can't trust anyone."

He gave a look around the room. "No signal... That means I can't contact HQ either." He turned to face her after a moment. "Look. This island is inhabited. That means there's got to be a radio tower. If we can reach it, I can order an Evac." He chose to leave out the part where the island had been seized by locals. She already was injured and dealing with undead. It wouldn't be fair to further her fear.

She shrugged as she looked at him, he was hiding something but she decided not to push it. Taking a deep breath she looked outside through the window and smiled. Taking a deep breath she grabbed from her pocket a picture of her daughter and her, the girl looked to be no older than seven years old and she looked very happy. By her side was the president and Jessy, "That was my daughter, her name is Kathleen. She is still out there.... I am afraid of going out because... I might see her like those monsters and I... I don't know if I can take it". Taking a deep breath she tried to choke in tears but they finally started to come out, she was crying her heart out as she tried to calm down.

"I... I am sorry I guess I bottled it too much" she smiled and looked at him. Her eyes looking down as she tried to think of a way out of the boat. "I think.... I think there was small boats inside the cruise, for emergency situations, don't you think it can be done? I mean get to one of those boats and paddle our way into the island?". She shrugged and wiped off her tears and looked at him, "for now let's rest, we cannot go out like this unless we are well rested. Tell me about yourself sir?" she smiled patting the floor besides her and for him to seat.

Mark watched the woman cry for several minutes. There wasn't anything that he could say to really calm her. He just remained silent, pained by her own suffering. He looked at the window, raindrops hitting the glass and distorting his view. Hearing her voice again he snapped back to reality. He gave a small smile when she invited him to sit beside her.

He moved over to her side, leaning back against the wall. "There isn't much to tell." He said. "I'm an American Agent trained to handle delicate situations, such as rescuing the president's daughter for example." He said with a small laugh. "I don't really have any family, no girl friend. My job keeps me busy around the clock so my only real friends are the other men at the agency."

Back
Top Bottom