Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost at sea!

"Hey well it's nothing much, but the engine is working!!!" he explained turning toward her.

he moved across to the wheel and stepping on the accelerator, turned the wheel swiftly. The boat crawled its way around and then picked up speed. "See we are on the move now!" he shouted excitedly. "But where do we go from here?" he said giving a worried look around the vast oceans.

"That's something." She replied, smiling at the good news. They still had a problem as to whether to stay out in the water, or look for those islands he had mentioned before. Though she had thought about it, and it seemed like waiting at least a few days in the ocean was their best option, Linda still wanted to know what Bad might think. "What if someone's already looking for us?" she asked. "If we move, it might make it harder for them to find us."

"Yeah i hope so! You're right maybe we should just hang in here and wait." he agreed with her. "obviously the guys back there saw what happened so help must be on its way" He said turning toward her and switched off the engine. "we should save the fuel for now, never know how long we have to wait!" He explained, pulling out the keys. "let's stay indoors until the sun is gone." he said walking away.

Then suddenly he stopped before the entrance recalling something and turned around facing her again "aarmm have you done fishing in deep sea before" he asked.

"I've been fishing before, but not deep sea fishing." she replied. "Is there a difference?" Linda asked, not really sure if there was since she wasn't a very avid fisher, she'd only ever went fishing in lakes or piers with her father when she was younger. It'd been many years since the last time she'd held a fishing-rod in her hand. "I'm a quick learner though." she offered, hopeful that she could pick up on it quickly, knowing they were going to need food in order to survive out there.

"Well the two are completely different. But we'll see what we can do." he replied and turned around "Let me fetch the rod while you find the bucket over here" he suggested and disappeared down the stairs.

He entered the room and knelt down against the side of the bed. The rod was there but it was further away as it had not been used in a while. He lied flat on his stomach and reached out with his right hand to pull it out. He got up carrying the rod and searched for a cloth to clean it. "oh well ill jut use water" he thought ".... or maybe not" he recalled they only had limited supply available. he searched the pile of laundry for some dirty clothes and pulled out an old vest of his. He walked upstairs, dusting off the rod along the way.

"Ok" Linda replied, nodding her head. Well, it was probably going to make things more difficult, but at least they had a plan. As she waited outside for Bad to return, Linda continued to stare out into the endless ocean wondering just how long they'd have to wait until they were rescued. And what if they never did get rescued? what direction should they head into to get to those islands he'd mentioned? and if they were there, would they have to stay long? would thy be stranded forever?

"There you go!" he mentioned, entering the deck. "Now we will have to get a bait. Let me check the waste bin" he said and leaning the rod against the side and went back down. "Oh and you found the bucket there? just wash it with some water from the tank" He yelled from beneath.

In the room he spread across some waste paper and inverted the waste bin over it. Then carefully examined the content for some meat to be used as a bait. They had had some roasted chicken the other day so there was some hope for finding something useful. He picked off a few the 'left overs' and wrapped them securely in a piece if paper. then gathered the rest of the waste an put it back into the bin.

"Ive found something" He called out as he picked up the packet of the floor and headed upstairs.

Linda nodded and did what he asked, taking the bucket to the tank to wash it out. For the first time she realized just how little water they had. It was still better than nothing, but it gave her some what of a perspective of how hopeless things were. She grabbed a cup from near by and use it to pour water into the bucket. Using a sponge that was also nearby she scrubbed the bucket clean. It was probably going to be for putting the fish in, she figured, so she wanted it to be very clean since that would be their food. After she finished, she walked over to the side fo the deck where they had left the rods and waited for Bad.

{sorry for the veeeeeery late update. i was toooo busy}

He moved out speedily on to the deck unwrapping the bits of food he had collected "Let's try this" he spoke excitedly moving across towards the rod. He then spread the crumbs on to the wooden floor and picking up one bit began fixing it on to the hook.

"Basically we'll have to wait a long time because this is deep sea and the fish move in large schools." He stood up with the rod ready for a catch. "They dont have any reason to latch on to this pathetic excuse of a bait." He sighed look at the lump attached to the hook.

He caught the reel a few feet above the hook and began swinging it. "But let's hope for the best" He said moving back a couple of paces and released it in mid-swing. The hook carried the reel with it and landed some distance away from the boat into the calm afternoon ocean. He grabbed the rod swiftly and began unwrapping more reel to allow the bait to travel as far as it would go.

"OK so now we wait!" He exclaimed leaning the rod against the side. "and watch out for any motion in the reel" he said smiling toward her. "Why don't you grab a seat?" He asked pointing to chair nearby.

Linda sat down, next to him, watching the rod. From what he'd said, her mind began wandering, thinking about how they might be able to improve their chances. "Do we have anything we can make a net out of?" she wondered, thinking that if the fish traveled in schools, wouldn't it make more sense to hope to catch some fish swimming by rather than try to lure them in.

As she waited for his replay she looked out into the horizon wondering where the sun was traveling to. Knowing that might help them figure out where east and west were, and maybe they could figure out where those islands Bad had mentioned before might be.

"Are you ..." he was annoyed slightly with Linda's question and turned toward her puffing his cheeks.

"This boat wasn't meant for fishing you see, it was for leisure near the shore, you know dancing partying and ... and intimacy." he blushed away from her. Folding his arms he turned toward the skipper's shed and continued. "basically harry and i got lucky because the guy who owned this boat needed money so we got this for peanuts!!!"

He squatted down and sat at the floor facing the motionless rod leaning against the side, hoping for some movement in the reel. They had very little left to eat and that line was their only hope.

Linda was not too pleased with with his annoyed tone, but decided not to make a big deal out of it. They had more pressing things to concern themselves with than to argue over petty things. And clearly Bad felt the same way, as he quickly dropped it too.

"ok." she nodded, figuring he'd answered her question anyway. "Wait..." she turned to face Bad again, going over what he had said. Linda mentally counted the number of girls and guys on their trip, and found them to be equal. "You guys thought we were going to have sex with you?" She scoffed, a little annoyed at the fact that she had just broken up with her boyfriend and these guys had intended on pairing off and having their way with them. A part of her was also slightly amused and curious at the plan. What else did they really have to talk about anyway. "And exactly who were you planning on screwing?" she smirkingly asked, dropping her earlier tone of disapproval. She really didn't want to fight.

"Well that was the plan but it all went so horribly wrong!" he smirked. "But there wasn't anything worked out as such so no i wasnt going to hit anyone in particular" he added. "As it is i have ended up with you" he laughed out mischievously. Seeing her reaction he added "ok i am sorry no more jokes from me" and turned away toward the vast ocean.

Turning back to her abruptly, he spoke "oh by the way what the hell were you doing at the party? ......... And how exactly did you end up in the sea!!!"

Linda sighed. "Mark." she replied, trying to hold back the tears as she was once more reminded of her break up. She noticed his confusion and knew it wasn't enough. Though it was the last thing she really wanted to think or talk about, what else did they have to do? "We broke up." she explained. "One of my friends invited me here so I could forget about that..." she sighed again. "I think nearly drowning helped." she half-joked, though it was kind of true. "More than the original plan probably would have." she added. The original plan, though, was not that different from the guy's plan. Linda had actually planned on hooking up with someone at the party to forget about Mark. It hadn't even mattered who with.

"Oh.... well im sorry about that" he felt sorry at her loss but maybe he saw it as an opportunity himself. He still held a grudge against her for snubbing him but this time he actually felt sad for her.

"That's the problem with relationships." he remarked. "They only bring tears in the end. Therefore i let go of a girl before anything develops." He explained and then continued "Emotional investment is a bitch". He smirked shaking his head while looking down at the floor scratching over the wooden floor.

"hahaha" Linda let out a hearty laugh, for the first time since her breakup feeling just a bit lighthearted. "Yeah, right... so that's why you love them and leave them so often?" she teased, hoping he wouldn't take it the wrong way. Though that had been something that bothered her considerably about Bad, at the moment, it was kind of amusing. "Mmm" she furrowed her brow as something occurred to her. "I don't think we've ever talked like this before."

He continued carving on the wooden floor and replied "exactly!......... yeah i suppose so..... but then we never had the chance or ............. maybe we gave each other a chance...." he finished and looked up at her dusting off his hands before continuing "Besides you do tend to lash it on the cheek" he finished the sentence with him massaging over his right cheek where she had slapped him earlier as the evening drew upon sea.

"That's because you seem to fail to grasp that fact that I'm not the type of girl whose just a notch on a bedpost." Linda countered. THough admittedly she had come on this trip hoping for a quick fling to distract her from her man troubles, it wasn't exactly something she commonly did. Actually, it wasn't something she did at all. This would have been the first, if it had worked. "I don't even know why I listened to her," Linda quietly whispered to herself, just thinking out loud. "As if a good fuck is all I need to make myself feel better." she continued, unbeknownst to her saying all this aloud for Bad to hear.

"Ok. ok. Just stop now with your usual rants and complains." Bad frowned at her. " It wasnt my fault that you came to the party or ended up with me on this boat he" he continued. "I dont want to fuck you ok.... so you can keep your body for somebody else." he continued. "Besides you are not that good anyway. I was fool to have gone after you when i did" he finished with a dismissive look and turned away to the rod. "I dont want to create unnecessary arguments any more" he remarked.

(I have to be honest, I'm kind of getting put off by this RP. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Every time I try to get the characters relationship to progress, you basically ignore it , like with the sexy clothes, or just turn her down, like in this instance)

SilverRose said:
(I have to be honest, I'm kind of getting put off by this RP. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Every time I try to get the characters relationship to progress, you basically ignore it , like with the sexy clothes, or just turn her down, like in this instance)

Just be a little patient ;)

Linda was offended. It wasn't as if she wanted to sleep with him either, but did he really have to turn her down so harshly?
"For your information," she began yelling, shooting up to her feet and releasing her rod. "You're the LAST man I'd EVER want to sleep with! You're a pig and a jerk! You don't care about anyone but yourself and your stupid libido!" She didn't even know what it was she was saying at this point. She was angry, and anger tended to make her say things that she otherwise might not. At the moment, though her anger was clouding her judgment. Having run out of words and insult to sling at him, Linda turned and stomped her away back to the bedroom, leaving Bad alone to his fishing.

He didnt stop her as she steamed away downstairs. He got up and sat at the chair observing the sun setting in the horizon. That would complete 24 hrs at the sea he though when he heard a movement in the reel. He shot off the chair all excited and grabbed the rod, pulling on the reel. He held back the line and pulled furiously at the rod, desperately trying to secure the catch. Struggling away at the rod he began rolling up the reel as the tension in the taught reel reduced in tension. He grinned, feeling the force in the reel weakening and began rolling up the line quickly. Eventually he saw in the dim evening light a good 8lb fish! He pulled harder and secured the rod in the chair before moving swiftly across to the side and leaned over to grab the prize in his arms.

"yea baby!" he shouted joyfully and dropped the fish into the bucket. He then quickly proceeded to switch on the light to examine the catch more closely. It was some variant of Jack fish but it was meaty - just what they wanted. He put the bucket down and proceeded downstairs to get the grill and spread the good news.

Back
Top Bottom