Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost at sea!

After she had woken up and gotten a drink of water, Linda had gone back into the bathroom to change into her old clothes. Unfortunately they were still wet, having been tossed to the side when Bad went in to take a shower. Though it was uncomfortable to wear clothes that were far too big for her, Linda figured it was better than being wet, so she decided to wash her old clothes and put them out to dry. She did decide to lose the baggy shorts, which were a hassle to keep up, but since she had no panties on, it had been the only option she had. Now, however, it was a bit cumbersome to walk around in them, holding them up to keep them from falling down. Fortunately the oversized white shirt she was wearing covered to just about half her thigh, so she figured it was okay to walk around like that until her clothes dried off.

Going up to the deck, she hung her freshly washed clothes on a rope she found, then cleaned up a bit of the damage the previous night's storm had created. She finished about midday, and it was then that it dawned on her that something wasn't quite right. For a while, she couldn't figure out what it was, until she stared out into the ocean trying to figure it out and she realized .... there was no land! Nowhere! She look and looked and looked, running to all sides of the boat searching for land, but saw nothing. Not a single sight of civilization! They were stranded!

Panicking, Linda ran down to the cabin and rushed to find Bad. She found him asleep on the bed. At the moment, it didn't matter to her how much she disliked him, as all she could think about was the fact that they were stranded out in the ocean with no idea which way to head. She jumped on to the bed and began shaking Bad, trying to wake him and explain what she had just seen. "Wake up Bad, wake up! We're in big trouble! There's no land outside! Wake up!"

"aah huhu ahua" he woke up shaking his head at the sudden commotion. "what happened! what's the matter now?" He sat up and grabbed hold of her arms. "What trouble are you talking about?" He was clearly annoyed at being disturbed in his sleep. "Control yourself ok! There hasn't been a bigger trouble than you on this boat" He yelled back silencing her momentarily. "Just find a good counselor when we get back but you have to cut this nonsense out for the time being!" He told her off as she sat their dumbfounded and boiling with anger.

He would not believe anything she said right now, there was too much of a trust deficit between the two. Besides he was pissed of at his sleep being cut short for what he believed to be nothing more than some post-traumatic stress disorder that Linda was exhibiting. Then again he hardly had any consideration for her emotions and thoughts.

She slapped him. Hard.

It was bad enough she had had to endure so much in the last few days, worse, in the last few hours. Did he really have no compassion?

"T-this has nothing do to with that!" she sniffed, tearing beginning to form at the corners of her eyes, but she held them back. No way in hell was she going to show weakness in front of this jerk. Breathing deeply to control herself, she calmly started again. "I was up top cleaning the deck, and I saw that there's no land in sight. I'm no sailor, but even I realize that's not a good thing."

"aaaooouu! that hurt" he said rubbing his hands over cheek. "I mean im sorry ok! He tried to hold her hands but she would not let him do it. "I was meaning to say that you obviously didnt use the binoculars so how could you possible see any land. we are in the middle of the ocean after all" He explained trying to look her in the face. He genuinely wanted to apologize and listen to her but she turned away. At this he lost patience with her again. "You are making a mountain of a mole as usual." he said in firm voice. "Thank you very much for helping with the deck, we'll be heading back right away" he announced. "And Now that the drama queen has spoiled my sleep will she please allow me to get off the bed!" he said with a smirk on his face and set back looking toward the bathroom.

She got off the bed and walked off, heading back up to the deck in search of the binoculars without any other word to him. It was infuriating. She just couldn't understand why Bad had to be such a jerk. Yes, they had their differences, but this was an emergency situation. "Agghhhh! he's such an Ass!!!" Linda yelled out as she grabbed the binoculars and started searching for land.

The door closed behind Linda. Bad rubbed his eyes, yawning and stretching his arms. Then got up lazily and headed to the bathroom. After a quick shower he finally felt alive and healthy again. The pain from the previous night had all but gone. All that was left now was to reach the shore and this nightmare would be over - or so he thought as he stepped outside the bathroom. Drying himself he moved toward the cabinets and pulled out another pair of shorts. He stepped inside them swiftly and proceeded to the refrigerator for some food.

Soon after he was moving over to the deck munching on a steak sandwich and carrying a bottle of milk. Linda stood there, binoculars in her hands, watching worryingly at the vast ocean around as far as her eyes could see.

"Still searching are we?" he taunted as he moved across and dumped himself on the chair.

Linda shot him a nasty look, then threw the binoculars at him. "Look for yourself" she yelled, storming off to go check on her clothes. She was still just in the white oversized shirt, and though she had other things on her mind than to worry about how she looked, because of who she was with, she certainly didn't want to be running around practically half naked. "agh jerk." she muttered under her breath.

"woooo!" He exclaimed catching the instrument in his lap.

"Now what did I do!" he exclaimed frowning. "I was just asking if you found land or not silly!" he yelled munching on his sandwich as the bright sun shone on the blue ocean. He was still skeptical of anything Linda said and so continued to relax, basking under the sun. He finally got over with his brunch and stood up looking around the vast spans of ocean. "Now where have you disappeared, come up over here and see for yourself!" he shouted at the door leading to the lower deck.

"Lindaaa I've found it! It's there just a couple of k's away!" he screamed deliriously with the binoculars over his eyes.

Reluctantly and annoyed, Linda came back from checking on her still wet clothes. "You found land?" she monotonously asked, though she was admittedly happy to hear that might be the case. She took the binoculars and faced in the direction they were going. Unfortunately she couldn't really make anything out. She wondered if maybe her eyes were just bad, then handed him back the binoculars. "So we can go home now?"

"cmon can't you see it's right here!" he explained taking the binoculars from her. "Look!" he said pointing at the water "But I am not sure you will find home there because it's beneath the ocean!" he finished and began laughing hysterically at Linda. He was still taking this grave situation very lightly. The boat was prepared for recreational purpose and didn't have any sophisticated navigation systems.

"Hey Linda please" he tried to call her back "Ok this time I will find it for you!" he said in a purposeful voice and climbed up the roof of the deck. "We just have to turn back ok and we'll touch the sand in about 20 minutes!" he convinced himself putting the binoculars to his eyes.

Soon however, the smiles an dimples had disappeared. An expression of disbelief an frustration took over his face. He turned left an then back to his right again and then looked around twice in every direction. The sun was bright and the sky was clear but there was no trace of land! Finally the reality kicked in. He was now petrified and sat on the roof with despairing thud, his mind going through the possible consequences of this realization. There was no back no front, they were lost at sea!

"You're an ass!" she shoved the binoculars at him, furiously turning and walking away. As she left him on the roof, Linda wondered what kind of person did that? No decent person who tease someone about nearly dying. "Jerk!" she growled under her breath, swearing if they ever got off that boat, she'd turn his life into a living hell. So what if he did save her? that didn't excuse him from being an jackass!

He sat there for what seemed like and eternity. Finally got up and slid down onto the deck. He entered the skipper's room and checked on the radio. It was dead! He lashed out at the receiver and putting the binoculars back in the drawer he moved out. He then turned around and walked swiftly along the right wall of the room toward the water tank. Fortunately the rain catcher had done it's job and the tank was nearly full of fresh water. He let out a sigh of relief and put the lid back. But this was all they had until they were rescued or it rained again!

He began walking to and fro on the deck trying to devise a plan but no amount of head scratching would work now. The situation was out of their hands. He began gathering sweat and thought it was better to go downstairs. Besides he had to convey this message to Linda and also had to build bridges with her. And so he put up a brave demeanor as climbed down the stairs and entered the room. Linda was in the bathroom busy with her clothes. The door was wide open but he couldn't gather the courage to face her right now and headed straight for the fridge.

Linda heard him walk in, and she quickly closed the door of the bathroom, not wanting to deal with him at the moment. Her clothes were still a bit wet, but she decided to change into them, preferring to walk around in slightly moist clothes, than to go about half naked. Not that she intended to spend too much time around him anyway. She quickly changed and walked out, feeling slightly hungry herself. After Bad moved away fridge, she took his place and grabbed a bite. There wasn't too much in there, but she wasn't that hungry anyway. Grabbing her food, she walked passed him, deciding to just ignore his presence until they reached the shore, and began heading back up to the deck.

He took a few sips of water and seeing that it was the last bottle he quickly put it back as Linda came out. He did not know what to say and took his place at the sofa trying to get his thought together. She took out some snacks and moved across th room and out ignoring him completely. Perhaps this was a good thing as it gave him some more time to think before he spoke something he was not quite used to.

He reflected on what had passed between them since she came on board. He had never thought he would have to make up with her. But he needed her now in fact both of them needed each other top survive! Letting out a sigh he got up with renewed purpose, his chin down and his face wearing an expression of concern. He was ready to talk to Linda but would she listen!

[you can reply describing your thoughts and the scene etc, but don't move on with the story :)]

On the deck, Linda stared out into the water. There was still nothing she could see, and frankly she didn't trust Bad to know what he was doing. Not that she really knew him that well to begin with; for all she knew he was an expert sailor. Still, she wasn't about to take him at his word.

There was no land. Linda knew it. What she didn't know was what that actually meant for them. She knew it couldn't be good, but she didn't know just how bad it was. A part of her was worried, but her anger at Bad, who she not only harbored a deep hatred of, but who had made her last few hours utterly miserable, kept her from focusing on what was actually going on. She didn't know she was supposed to be scared; didn't know how dangerous it was to be out in open waters with no way to reach shore, or no direction to even head in. She didn't know. All she knew was that she pissed at Bad and wanting nothing more to get off that boat as soon as possible.

He walked up to the deck and there she stood watching the waves rise and fall in the calm ocean as they headed into the afternoon. He was about to make another joke at her but then realized it wont go down well with her. He had to reach out to her but didnt know how to. Maybe if he had tried to understand her, things wouldn't be so sour between the two. He headed to the other side and the two stood backs to each other on separate sides of the boat.

He finally broke the silence. "The sea can be so harsh and deadly that at times people forget how beautiful it is when it's calm." He mentioned and threw a stone over into the ocean. Then lifting his leg he pushed his foot to the top of the side and folding his arms he inquired, "Missing home arent you?"

Linda turned and shot him nasty glare. She refused to talk to him. Instead, she focused on the water ahead. Doing so, however, she couldn't help but agree with what he had said. The ocean, though deadly and harsh, was also immensely beautiful. Still, she wasn't about to let him know she agreed with him. As far as Linda was concerned, she wasn't going to speak to him at all.

No response from the other side left him worried. He decided to just blurt it all out. "Linda i hope you are listening because this is a serious matter that. There is no going back anytime soon. Yes you were right and i was careless. We are lost!" He spoke loudly.

Turning around facing Linda he continued "I am sorry that i couldn't take you home." There was a distinguishable humility in his voice.

"Im also sorry for all that has gone on the boat since your arrival." he said looking down at his feet his arms still folded.

And then he threw up his arms "Please forgive me and please give me another chance. I want to make amends." he continued to speak but his voice got heavier "I want to get us both out of this mess. But i cant do it alone, i need your help." He let out a sigh and pushing his hands behind is head he continued. "I need your intelligence, your foresight, your care, your criticism, your helping hand and sometimes your slap too."

His eyes were teary now "Linda please! I NEED YOU!"

As he began to speak, Linda remain silent. But she did listen. She could hear the fear in his voice, and it bothered her. But he was still speaking calmly with a tone of regret and humility. His words in the end touched her, and melted her heart. She turned to him, when he was finished pleading for her help. Facing his teary eyes, she nodded. "What can I do?" Linda quietly asked, walking over to him and taking his hand, a gesture to tell him she was there. She'd do her best. Though she was scared now that she knew they really were in trouble, she was willing to do what it took to help them out.

He was relieved to get a response out of her.

"Let us just forgive and forget what happened between the the two of us." He said taking her hands into his. "We will have to chalk out a plan and share duties." He mentioned looking away to the sea. "Well let's go inside and let me explain!" he suggested. "Are you sure you have eaten your fill?" he asked as they went she lead him to the lower deck.

Linda's instincts, as he took her hands in his, were to pull away from him. But she couldn't do that. They had just made peace and considering he had just told her that they were in serious danger, it was probably best that they did get along. "Ok" she nodded, following Bad as he lead her to the lower deck. "I'm not really all that hungry." she confessed. the nerves over their current situation didn't really allow her much appetite. "Just..." she hesitated. "Just how bad is it?"

They came down and straight way bad took to the refrigerator.

he pulled it open and searched around. "oh well there is only some snacks left now and some bread!" he said as he lifted his head away and shut the door.

"I have checked the tank it's full but we cant waste any water." He spoke rubbing his hand over his temple. "We will have to switch of all extra lights, the battery will last." he explained and then reached behind the refrigerators pulling out the plug. "Oh and there is fishing rod under the bed, hopefully the grill will be here somewhere too" he mentioned surveying the room.

"What do you think? Should we stay here or keep moving?" he asked Linda, turning toward her.
"There is a group of islands along coastline, but im not sure where we are. There is only enough diesel on the boat." he added

"hey let me check the engine first" he recalled and jogged across the room to leave for the deck.

Taking in everything her had said, Linda sat down on the bed, wondering what wold be best. They had friends, and surely they would get help for them, but how long would that take? They didn't have much food, and water would eventually run out. If they headed for the islands Bad had mentioned, then at least they could probably find some food and water to survive on for a time, and maybe even some signs of civilization. but then if the islands were uninhabited, they'd be risking never being found by their friends.

"Maybe we should just wait out here for a while," Linda mused, "but if it takes too long, we'll eventually run out of supplies, so maybe we should think about the islands too. But the problem is we don't know where we are..." she added, anxiously chewing her bottom lip. "Well for now, gotta see what Bad thinks." she told herself, standing back up and starting to make her way to the stairs to go look for him.

He went up and checked the batter first. It was fine. Then moved headed into the skippers room. He removed the metal housing gave the machinery a few tweaks before covering it again. He then moved to tehe console and turned the keys but to no avail. After a few more attempts the engine finally burst into life. "yeah baby! We are rolling again!" he shouted, punching the air with joy.

On the other side of the room, Linda watched Bad excitedly cheer. "Something good?" she called out, hopeful that there was in fact some good news for them. Considering what she'd been thinking earlier, she could use some good news. She walked over to him, putting her hand on his shoulder and she peeked over to see what it was he had seen; waiting for some explanation as to what he was cheering about.

Back
Top Bottom