Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wizards and Witches Oh MY

Zabrian

Star
I lived in the woods deep and seldom came to the town but did so to check on the child… no that’s not correct I came to check on the woman now. She had grown so much over the years. Now being the woman that she was I knew I loved her and I knew I had to train her. This was my task my charge my mission so to say. How do I explain this to her though explain the life? She will have to watch her friends and loved ones grow old and die while she remained beautiful and lived on. For the power you get it is a fair trade but the suffering that comes cannot be minded by this power alone.

Setting my pin down and closing my journal I sealed it and slide it into the side jacket of my weather beaten dark brown leather duster. He picked up his leather beaten fedora and placed it on his head and took a deep breath his angular face invited looks from most of the women. My long hair was well groomed and brown and hides the truth of my age and where i had come from. I am a wizard of the highest degree. Walking into the village my tredless boots allowed me to move around without really being able to be tracked. Moving silently through the crowds I knew it was he birthday and I had something special and old to give her. I love her but I will not let that happen I am her teacher and she is my student. It would be wrong to do this to her she is immortal and has so much to live for.

Aurora finished dressing in her tiny home she shared with her parents. She put on a lavender colored dress, her favorite. The dress flattered her young body so well. It showed off her slender shape , the top of her dress rest just on her breast showing off the slope of her C sized breast. She had long raven hair and vibrant purple eyes. She was the most beautiful woman for miles and miles and many men had come tot he door asking for her hand, but she was saving her heart for one man. A man she hoped would be at the party today.

Aurora left house and move to the town square when the party was already underway. He father wanted to have special celebration this year because this was the year she was a woman and he hoped she would be married and settle down. Aurora greeted some of the guest but her eyes kept looking past them for him. At one point she slipped back from the coward and sighed she thought he would not be here.

Moving through the market I looked through many of the items and smiled touching a necklace with a beautiful amethyst pendent. The silver chain was built like scales and a dragon held it close the craftsmanship was one i had not seen in some time. Smiling I pulled a full gold piece out and left it with the merchant and asked for no change in return. Money was one thing she would find lost its meaning after a hundred years.

“Now to put this in a box though it is something far more meaningful then a birthday gift it will be what focuses and trains her power.” With a smile a box filled my hand and flipped open setting the necklace in it the box was closed and I made my way through the outskirts to the inner section where the party was already underway. I smiled and nodded to the few people that remembered me but they didn’t know much about my life just that I came by periodically throughout the year and checked on the town. Some grandmothers even have tried to marry me off.

Watching her as she moved through the crowed and slowly pulled out I sighed and slowly made my way through the crowed with flawless effort. If Aurora would turn around he would be leaning against a tree as he usually did in these parts of the town. “Happy birthday.” It came out with grief and pain but still carried over with a happiness of a birthday party.

Aurora's eyes still scanned the coward. She almost felt disappointed he didn't come for her birthday. She leaned against the tree with a heavy sigh. But was quickly startled as she heard a voice wish her happy birthday. A voice she had heard so many times, one that always filled her heart along with her ears.

She turned and saw him standing there. A smile filled her face. "thank you" She said softly "I am so glad you could come" there was much senserity in her voice, more than just the standard greeting one would give at party.

Puling the necklace from the satchel hanging from my shoulder I handed it to her. “I Got this for you. I have never missed one of your birthdays so what would make this one any different.” It was said almost with amusement though I did keep my reserve to avoid an uncomfortable situation, not that the current situation wasn’t uncomfortable and odd as it is. “I Will need to speak with you after your party and with your parent’s, but for now enjoy your party.” With that I turned and blended back into the crowd almost vanishing from sight.

I hoped that Morigain would not show up today she was not to be trusted around anyone and he did his best to hide Aurora form Morigain. Most people in the town referred to him as the keeper of the woods a superstitious name for him.

Aurora watched as he pulled the necklace from his bag. She was shocked when she saw it. She never dreamed a gift like that would come from him. She always thought that he barely noticed her, but now he gave her a wonderful gift. She looked up from the gift to thank him but he slipped away from her before she could even say thank you.

Aurora spent a time looking for him, but soon gave up as many people gathered around her to wish her happy birthday. She was wearing the necklace now, his necklace, it hung near her heart as she greeted people. But then her father pulled a side to speak with her, he thought he had wonderful news but to her it was awful. She pulled away from her father and rushed a way from the party and to the woods tears in her eyes. She sat on a rock in the forest crying softly to herself her hand rubbing the stone of the necklace.

As she cried the dragon shifted on the necklace and the tail which was the tail tightened it into a choker but not enough to choke her and the dragon’s wings where open and against her neck and the dragon’s head rested on the stone its talons holding it. With a sigh I turned and headed back out to the woods this party would go on for hours and it would give me time to figure out how to deal with this subject.

Once I got to the outer edge of town I burst into a sprint seeing the shadow of Morigain go dating by. Rushing after her needing to know what she was up to. Having been locked in an eternal struggle with her hadn’t done anything for his personality. Soon I lifted my hand and a burst of dark red energy sent her sprawling across the ground. Stopping and looking down at her. “Well Hello Morigain how are you? Why are you here?” Having enjoyed the peace of the past few years with her being gone it was nice.

Aurora suddenly flight the necklace move and it frighten her. She felt it tightening around her neck. She was in shocked she gasped and looked around for help as she struggled to get the necklace off.

Morigain looked up at the man standing over her. "well now i should be asking you the same question, the last time i saw you locked yourself away a lone" She hissed at him as she rose from the ground. "i here because i sensed a new witch ready to come into her a powers. This girl seems pretty powerful already, i think maybe i will take her in as my daughter and teach her all she should know." Morigain said with an evil smile. She was certainly an evil creature one that would stop at nothing to be most powerful in the land.

As she fought with the necklace it loosened and lowered again at her own desire. And it felt warm and inviting it felt soft and sweet.

“You won’t touch her.” He said to her hard and stepped between her and the deeper portion of the forest. “I was wondering when you were going to show up anyways.” He then turned and started to walk away and then swiftly turned thrusting his hands at her and used a kinetic blast to stun her against the ground. He then turned and started to walk towards where Aurora was.

Aurora felt the necklace loosen and she was shocked again. What was going on, how could a necklace come to life like that.

"she will be mine, i will stop at nothing to get her, and there will be nothing you can do" Morigain called from the ground as he began to walk away. She was dangerous and she would come after Aurora the first time he turned his back away from her. Morigain would claim her heart and her power for herself.

Watching her sit on the rock in shock. “Well I guess I have some explaining to do now don’t I Aurora.” He stated to her softly looking over her noticing how the necklace had adjusted to her. With a sight sigh I lifted my hand a stone forming up behind me so I could sit on it and watched. He tilted his head and then smiled. “You’re a Witch Aurora and you have hit the age that your power will come into being.”

Aurora jumped when she heard a voice but relaxed again when he came into view. She watched as a rock suddenly formed behind him. She thought maybe she was seeing things. But things did not become clearer as he spoke. "What, what are you talking about?" She questioned as she stood up looking as if he was joking with her. She did not understand why he was being so cruel.

He sighed and closed his eyes. “You will never die Aurora and you will have to watch those you love grow and die… I am a Wizard of the highest degree. That necklace I bought you has changed from what it was when I bought it. Seems its reacting to your power.” He then stood and looked around. “My name is Salizar. Can we head back to town?”

"Salizar" she whispered his name softly. She had longed to hear it now for so long. She shook her head almost to shake herself out of her day dream. "No we can't go back to town, if we go back my father will announce the marriage he had planned for me, and we certainly not go back until you explain what you mean, this all not making much sense"

He fought the smile back as she said his name it sounded so much sweeter then it was. He adjusted his hat and offered his hand to her. “Well how do I start this off.” He sat in the stone seat and stared at her and nodded gently towards her necklace. “You see everything has power and vibrates the faster it vibrates the different the outcome.” He knew it wasn’t making much since to her right now and frankly it didn’t to him the first time. It took him getting attacked for him to fully understand and listen to the one who taught him. “All wizards and witches have rings or necklaces they use to channel their power through. Yours would be that dragon necklace. That looks very beautiful on you I might add.” He then looked back the way he came as a strange wind blew around them for a brief moment.

All Aurora seemed to be able to do was wrinkle her forehead it was still not much of a help, would be able to explain more, would want to teach her, or would he just drop few things on her and then disappear. He explained about the necklace and she touched it. but then blushed slightly when he said it look beautiful on her. "Did have a necklace or something, is it a dragon too" she questions softly wanting to know. She hoped that maybe they were linked some how maybe that's why she felt connected to him.

Taking and pulling one of his gloves back her looked at her and showed her the phoenix that gripped his finger but the same color stone’s rested in the eyes of the bird of legend. “Not a dragon no.” He stated calmly but he remembered the stones matched as did their birthdays. With that said he took and stood the chair he had made grew to be a magnificent ash. “Never will there be a tree like this in these parts again.” He looked at her and breathed evenly. “There is a woman after you she will tell you much of what I have and maybe more she is not to be trusted. You have no reason to believe me but she wants to control the world with the power she has. This power is not meant to enslave but to enhance and protect.” He wasn’t about to tell her of his birthday as he quite celebrating them long ago they had lost their meaning with how long he had been on this earth.

Aurora looked at the ring, she was memorized but it. The stone in his ring matched her necklace. She was amazed by that, perhaps they were connected. She looked up at him sharply. "Why would someone be after me, I done nothing to anyone?" she questioned softly her long raven colored hair blew back in the wind. her purple eyes locked on him. "Is she evil? is there such thing as evil in your world?" Aurora was trying to wrap her mind around it all but there was so much she didn't know.

He chuckled showing a bit of emotion in that one act. "Yes there is evil in every world it doesn't matter where you look or where you go it will be there." he then took a deep breath an composed himself. Her first question was not the easiest one to answer but he needed to answer it and give her something. "Well I guess because you are the first in over 1000 years to be born.." He felt bad for her as the only crime she had committed was being born into this world this life. She was also going to be the strongest and smartest at least he hoped so. "You are the first to be born to a dragon failure in many years."

Aurora touched her dragon necklace once again and looked down a moment. She seemed to be in thought then she looked up at him, "well you help me learn what i must know, perhaps we can leave this area, I don't want to put my family in danger if there really is someone after me." she looked at him with pleading eyes there was so much fear in them, part of her knew deep down she was in a lot of danger from this woman.

“Then you leave and we never come back you don’t look back and forget them don’t think or wonder how they are doing.” He said it was cold and mean but it was the truth of what must be done he breathed evenly and sighed. Slowly he made his way away from the village and towards the deeper forest that most people feared going. He enjoyed that as it allowed him to live alone and in peace. “This is a life in which you will live alone and have no friends or family.” His warnings where the same but he wanted to pound that into her head. He also wanted to work on maintaining his distance.

Aurora looked at him she didn't know if she had the strength to just leave her family, but she had little choice she couldn't let them die. she followed him deeper into the forest. "what do i do now? where will i live?" she wondered if maybe he would allow her to live in his home, but then again she wondered if he even had a home.

He took a deep breath and continued on his way. "As your master you will stay with me you are my apprentice." He told her with some desire in his voice enough to notice but not enough to act on. continuing on he looked back at her. "I will add a room for you to stay in." he took a breath and kept his eyes pealed expecting Morigan to show up at any time. He just hoped he had enough of a head start to stay ahead of her.

Aurora followed him deeper into the woods. she almost stopped with sheer shock when he stated she would be staying with him. "thank you for letting me stay with you" she said with a soft smile on her lips. They continued to walk as they did Aurora could help the feeling of being followed. She tried not to pay attention figure it was just her nerves getting to her as she was leaving home and going to strange place. But suddenly she was stopped as if her feet were stock in glue. She felt a great deal of pain as Morigan knife sunk into her back the tip coming through her stomach.

Back
Top Bottom